Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by tfco »

marko wrote: These days Football clubs are just like any other business, i do think wholesome changes are required anyway, if we wnt to challenge for top honours, we have to upgrade, as i pointed out, some players need to go, we cant have them next season, lets wait to the end of the season to do this, United is not a typically panic buying team, we have done that a few times and ended up with Felliani and sanchez, things have to be done the right way
i do not understand this PANIC you are talking about.

Apr 2018 - you said after the City game, that we need new defenders
Jan 2019 - if we buy a new CD, it will be a panic buy

something you have identified 9 months ago is a pregnancy term, not a panic buy
was Henrik Larssen a panic loan?

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote: These days Football clubs are just like any other business, i do think wholesome changes are required anyway, if we wnt to challenge for top honours, we have to upgrade, as i pointed out, some players need to go, we cant have them next season,
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Mata has been extended btw.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

part of the mistakes at united is ditched our traditions and business model to keep up the pace with rivals, well its not worked and throwing money at the problem will hardly solve issues as well!!

we need to build new structures and have them in place before we start buying!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

tfco wrote:
marko wrote: These days Football clubs are just like any other business, i do think wholesome changes are required anyway, if we wnt to challenge for top honours, we have to upgrade, as i pointed out, some players need to go, we cant have them next season,

It makes business sense for Mata to sign a 1 year deal because that means if any club wants to buy him, they will have to pay a fee just like in Felliani case, we got 10 million pounds, he could have gone for a free! sometimes it makes sense to understand the businss side of things and not just the football side, look at the big picture, man united is a business!

At the end of this season, i expect a new structure to be in place and a new manager, tranfer fees, all that stuff, if they refuse to do so, they risk the likes of Pogba, martial, Rashford leaving!, in fact rumours as it that Real madrid will bid 100M for Rashord, if the club no longer becomes ambitious, Pogba , the way he is playing now will feel he needs to go to a bigger club, there will be no shortage of suitors from the likes of barca, real madrid, PSG, Juventus
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:part of the mistakes at united is ditched our traditions and business model to keep up the pace with rivals, well its not worked and throwing money at the problem will hardly solve issues as well!!

we need to build new structures and have them in place before we start buying!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

WE were the standard

now we have to play catch up because we are being stingy.
you still do not get it
The Glazers sure love gullible people like you

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:
tfco wrote:

It makes business sense for Mata to sign a 1 year deal because that means if any club wants to buy him, they will have to pay a fee just like in Felliani case, we got 10 million pounds, he could have gone for a free! sometimes it makes sense to understand the businss side of things and not just the football side, look at the big picture, man united is a business!

At the end of this season, i expect a new structure to be in place and a new manager, tranfer fees, all that stuff, if they refuse to do so, they risk the likes of Pogba, martial, Rashford leaving!, in fact rumours as it that Real madrid will bid 100M for Rashord, if the club no longer becomes ambitious, Pogba , the way he is playing now will feel he needs to go to a bigger club, there will be no shortage of suitors from the likes of barca, real madrid, PSG, Juventus
more nonsense

you think Martial is going anywhere soon? He was on 70K/week and he's now making 250K/week
Name me a team that will pay him that much

Now that you are going on and on about United being a business. DO not complain when we lose a football match
Rather you should focus on the number of sponsors we have....mscheew

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

tfco wrote:
marko wrote:
tfco wrote:

more nonsense

you think Martial is going anywhere soon? He was on 70K/week and he's now making 250K/week
Name me a team that will pay him that much

Now that you are going on and on about United being a business. DO not complain when we lose a football match
Rather you should focus on the number of sponsors we have....mscheew
United is a PLC and get used to this fact! They sold out a long time ago, they have to balance the books just like every other business! it does not mean i am satisfied if they dont invest in what made united a brand in the first place, we want the same things for united! but this time they should do things the right way! they screwed up the last 5 years!

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote: United is a PLC and get used to this fact! They sold out a long time ago, they have to balance the books just like every other business! it does not mean i am satisfied if they dont invest in what made united a brand in the first place, we want the same things for united! but this time they should do things the right way! they screwed up the last 5 years!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

the Glazers have taken out 1B from United in the past 10 years.... balancing what books

you are truly from another dimension

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

tfco wrote:
marko wrote: United is a PLC and get used to this fact! They sold out a long time ago, they have to balance the books just like every other business! it does not mean i am satisfied if they dont invest in what made united a brand in the first place, we want the same things for united! but this time they should do things the right way! they screwed up the last 5 years!

the Glazers have taken out 1B from United in the past 10 years.... balancing what books

and you definitely cannot run a business!

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:
tfco wrote:

and you definitely cannot run a business!
Liverpool have invested 40%+ of their turnover in the past few years
In that timeframe MUFC have invested 12%

...but marko somehow sees United investing 40% soon
oh wait, in the summer.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Phil Jones has been renewed so that we can sell him down the road
That is how a business is run

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Manchester United Transfer Activity - Jan 2019 Window

1. Renew McTominay contract to 2023
2. Extend Juan Mata to 2020
3. Sell Fellaini to China
4. Extend Ashley Young to 2020
5. Extend Anthony Martial

Manchester United Transfer Activity - Feb 2019

1. Renew Chris Smalling
2. Renew Phil Jones to 2023
Last edited by tfco on Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

tfco wrote:Manchester United Transfer Activity - Jan 2019 Window

1. Renew McTominay contract to 2023
2. Extend Juan Mata to 2020
3. Sell Fellaini to China
4. Extend Ashley Young to 2020
5. Extend Anthony Martial

Manchester United Transfer Activity - Feb 2019

1. Renew Chris Smalling
2. Renew Phil Jones
Guys make I no lie,Manu looks like back to their level,
Funny thing my WhatsApp group was saying manu will decide where the league goes, either to Liverpool or City.I doubt it but again lets wait.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

but...but...we have a big squad

e go do some fans like film trick. We should not buy in the summer because there are no players available

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

For those who really care.... Here is a cute story on Jesse Lingard in The Player's Tribune

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us ... -this-mate
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

if you give players contracts rather than allowing them to go on a free, it means man united can get some transfer fees, he signed 4 years does not mean he will be there next season! why should united allow Jones to go on a free when he is 26? it does not make business sense! now that he has signed, any team that wants to buy him and yes there will be some, they will have to part with at least 15-20 million! its that simple, if you dont understand this aspect of business, then please either go back to school or take a business club, Man united is a PLC! its that simple, i did not make the rules! we got over 10 million for Felliani, he could have gone on the free and we will not get a damn penny! now tell me this is not good business?

With the players we have now, next season, we all know we cannot win the league or complete for champions league so we will spend, i dont have any doubt about this, january sales, united have never been that type of club, the last time we tried, well we got sanchez! should i say more???

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:if you give players contracts rather than allowing them to go on a free, it means man united can get some transfer fees, he signed 4 years does not mean he will be there next season! why should united allow Jones to go on a free when he is 26? it does not make business sense! now that he has signed, any team that wants to buy him and yes there will be some, they will have to part with at least 15-20 million! its that simple, if you dont understand this aspect of business, then please either go back to school or take a business club, Man united is a PLC! its that simple, i did not make the rules! we got over 10 million for Felliani, he could have gone on the free and we will not get a damn penny! now tell me this is not good business?

With the players we have now, next season, we all know we cannot win the league or complete for champions league so we will spend, i dont have any doubt about this, january sales, united have never been that type of club, the last time we tried, well we got sanchez! should i say more???
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

will that be for Phil Jones alone?
Or are you including Mata, Valencia in that amount

just curious

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

tfco wrote:
marko wrote:if you give players contracts rather than allowing them to go on a free, it means man united can get some transfer fees, he signed 4 years does not mean he will be there next season! why should united allow Jones to go on a free when he is 26? it does not make business sense! now that he has signed, any team that wants to buy him and yes there will be some, they will have to part with at least 15-20 million! its that simple, if you dont understand this aspect of business, then please either go back to school or take a business club, Man united is a PLC! its that simple, i did not make the rules! we got over 10 million for Felliani, he could have gone on the free and we will not get a damn penny! now tell me this is not good business?

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

They paid 10 million for felliani so what you laughing for? Am curious?

will that be for Phil Jones alone?
Or are you including Mata, Valencia in that amount

just curious

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Fellaini is in China, where they pay big money

which club will pay 10MM for jones

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

tfco wrote:Fellaini is in China, where they pay big money

Wait and see! Premiership is awash with money, we paid 75 for lukaku! All things are possible

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:
tfco wrote:Fellaini is in China, where they pay big money

Wait and see! Premiership is awash with money, we paid 75 for lukaku! All things are possible
:sad: :sad: :sad:

where do i begin with this one.

WE are MUFC, the biggest club on the planet

we pay over the odds.

i swear, you have Moyes level of thinking about Man United

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S