The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2019

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

I see Anti Emery mob out in full force...once again let me educate the mob.

Prior to this game Arsenal won only 8 of their last 30 away fixtures in the PL. AW only won 4 away fixtures during entire 17/18 PL campaign. Emery has already won 5. Issue is a poorly balanced squad, not a single top quality winger on either flank, awful FB's, injury riddled at CB. If Emery went full Roy of the rovers and dropped points you lot would have crushed him.

This is same "amazing" squad won only 4 away PL fixtures total in 17/18 campaign. This "world class" squad has finished outside top 4 in the last 2 seasons on the trot. Squad that has fallen on its face since injuries to likes of Holding, Bellerin & now Sokratis.

Forget aesthetics, reality is Emery in MacGyver mode, trying to survive with toothpaste, a pencil & a shoelace.
Last edited by Tunisian Gooner on Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

It drives me nuts that a financially hamstrung team has its most expensive player contributing absolutely nothing. God help us find a buyer for Ozil this summer. We may have to eat a portion of his salary. Hopefully we can convince a team to take him for free.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

BTW Emery haters likes of Iwobi, Holding, Guendouzi, have all made huge strides this season under Emery tutelage..yet 0 credit..Shameless gasbags.
Detective Bunk Moreland

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:I see Anti Emery mob out in full force...once again let me educate the mob.

Prior to this game Arsenal won only 8 of their last 30 away fixtures in the PL. AW only won 4 away fixtures during entire 17/18 PL campaign. Emery has already won 5. Issue is a poorly balanced squad, not a single top quality winger on either flank, awful FB's, injury riddled at CB. If Emery went full Roy of the rovers and dropped points you lot would have crushed him.

This is same "amazing" squad won only 4 away PL fixtures total in 17/18 campaign. This "world class" squad has finished outside top 4 in the last 2 seasons on the trot. Squad that has fallen on its face since injuries to likes of Holding, Bellerin & now Sokratis.

Forget aesthetics, reality is Emery in MacGyver mode, trying to survive with toothpaste, a pencil & a shoelace.
Preach, bro.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

are there people rooting for Emery to fail so they can shout "bring back Wenger"?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:I see Anti Emery mob out in full force...once again let me educate the mob.

This is same "amazing" squad only 4 away PL fixtures total in 17/18 campaign. This "world class" squad has finished outside top 4 in the 2 seasons on the trot. Squad that has fallen on its face since injuries to likes of Holding, Bellerin & now Sokratis.

If only you will desist from name calling one can engage you in meaningful discussion. The point you missing in your quickness to name-call is that none of this your so called mob want Emery to fail. They all want him to succeed because Emery succeeding simply means that this team we all love to support succeeds. Or is that too hard for you to understand?
To say this year squad is same as last seasons is to discount the impact of players like Leno who virtually saved us today, Torreira a player with quality long missing in the midfield, or Guendo a player meant for the future already punching far above his weight this season or Sokra. So my friend its not the same team as last season. And these players have added quality to last season's team and as such we expect better.
And all we asking is for Emery to coach this season's team rather than huffing and puffing on the touchline. Emery should come up with a system that will utilize to the maximum the diverse qualities of players at his disposal and not be trying to shoe every player to his rigid system. This is not working and the result is fans blaming the players for their performance.
If anything playing Huddersfield today taught this team a lesson In what quality coaching is all about.
Honestly this Emery discussion is becoming boring.
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

anikulapo wrote:
ojafranpa wrote:
Skylolo wrote:
ojafranpa wrote:When will Unai know his team.
And where is the style of play....yeye Huddersfield almost killed us today, and we conceded as usual.
The play is so disjointed.

Eh ya Sissy Haters ... E dey pain Una so much because Arsenal won?

Cheii what a bunch of muppets :laugh: :rotf:
That's your line you can't change.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

azuka wrote:Smashing and grabbing a bottom placed team is the new Arsenal. Welcome to the new Arsenal.
And hope you guys noticed the difference in coaching between the two teams. How long has this new Huddersfield German coach being with the team? A month or two yet his impact is being felt. If I am a betting man I will bet on Huddersfield surviving the drop even though it seems a lost battle.
On another note and while planning for next season I hope our scouts will start keeping a tab on that Huddersfield jersey # 7, the Dutch Dacuna.

Oh yeah the one that sent a shot at goal so high into orbit it clipped the wings of a 737 :rotf: :rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:are there people rooting for Emery to fail so they can shout "bring back Wenger"?
What you have are the usual Gooners in denial.

Injuries killed any chance Emery had to truly embed his ideals and system into this squad.

Emery understands limitations of this squad, it means it's either aesthetically pleasing football or results, combination of two not possible with current squad. Emery mandate is to finish in top 4 by hook or by crook, notion he should toss caution to the wind with likes of kamikazee duo of Mustafi and Kolasinac in starting 11 just absurd.
Detective Bunk Moreland

Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Tell us what AWs away record was before his final year.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Nkume wrote:

Only 8 away wins out 18 PL away fixtures in 16/17

Only 8 away wins ot 18 PL fixtures in 15/16
Detective Bunk Moreland

azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

anikulapo wrote:
azuka wrote:Smashing and grabbing a bottom placed team is the new Arsenal. Welcome to the new Arsenal.
And hope you guys noticed the difference in coaching between the two teams. How long has this new Huddersfield German coach being with the team? A month or two yet his impact is being felt. If I am a betting man I will bet on Huddersfield surviving the drop even though it seems a lost battle.
On another note and while planning for next season I hope our scouts will start keeping a tab on that Huddersfield jersey # 7, the Dutch Dacuna.
Oh yeah the one that sent a shot at goal so high into orbit it clipped the wings of a 737 :rotf: :rotf:
That tells why you player assessment should be taken with a pinch of salt. You conveniently forgot his last minute shot that Leno saved but conveniently remembered the shot he hoofed over the bar.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Arsenal win some people not happy,they want us failed so they can say Wenger would have done better,shame shame guys.

To think we are just a point behind 4th place and still have a better chance finishing in top 4th shows how clueless some fans here are.
Guys Wenger will never come back get that straight and support the team.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

kajifu wrote:Arsenal win some people not happy,they want us failed so they can say Wenger would have done better,shame shame guys.

To think we are just a point behind 4th place and still have a better chance finishing in top 4th shows how clueless some fans here are.

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Detective Bunk Moreland

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

kajifu wrote:Arsenal win some people not happy,they want us failed so they can say Wenger would have done better,shame shame guys.

TG said it best as well when he callled then 1DIOTS!

And this is all because their god Ozil has been put in his place
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

azuka wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
That tells why you player assessment should be taken with a pinch of salt. You conveniently forgot his last minute shot that Leno saved but conveniently remembered the shot he hoofed over the bar.

So he sent one moon shot and another straight at the keeper with time to aim?

Yup sign him up straight away :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

No be ya fault, you went to school in the North :taunt: :taunt:

MLK.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

anikulapo wrote:

I never knew Emery is a mafia ,the way he silent Ozil and his fan clubs,i don dey pitty them.Now i am begging Emery to even play him so a buyer can come buy him for free.Some one was telling me he was planing to send ozil train with under 11.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Oh another nugget for anti Emery mob....
Detective Bunk Moreland

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Nkume wrote:

Only 8 away wins out 18 PL away fixtures in 16/17

Only 8 away wins ot 18 PL fixtures in 15/16
This is BS. It is also revisionist bile. When you have an agenda, you produce stats without context, it is false when you drill down into the stat. He wanted Wenger out, so I am not surprised at his name calling and attempts to rubbish a legend to defend his position. It is not necessarily.

2015/16 season.

Here is the Away league table.

https://www.11v11.com/league-tables/pre ... 2016/away/

It shows you Arsenal came 3rd in the table with 8 Away wins.

2016/17. Here is the Away league table.

https://www.11v11.com/league-tables/pre ... 2017/away/

It shows Arsenal joint 5th with Spuds. Chelsea with 13, City with 12, ManU and Liverpool 10, Arsenal with 9 away
wins.

Let's put this in context. Here are the top of the table for Away wins since 2010.

2010 ManU 11. Arsenal 9 2nd
2011 Arsenal 8 top.
2012 ManU 13. Arsenal 9 behind City in 2nd with 10 wins.
2013 ManU 12. Arsenal 10 2nd.
2014 Arsenal 11. Top.
2015 Chelsea 11. Arsenal 2nd 10.
2016 Leicester 11. Arsenal 3rd 8 wins. Spuds 2nd 9 wins.
2017 Chelsea 13. Arsenal 5th 9 wins. City 12, ManU, L'pool 10
2018 City 16. Arsenal 12th, 4 wins.

I leave you you to use the link to check up Wenger's away record and come to your conclusions. No need for twisting or nasty agendas. Just objective facts.

Contrary to the picture TG was trying to paint, contrary to TG's attempts to mislead you all into thinking Wenger's record has been terrible, you can now see from the facts his BS and revisionist bile.

Since TG is such an historian with his attempts to rubbish our greatest ever Manager, I ask him why does TG not show us Wenger's full record. Why does he not show you the season where Wenger became the first ever Manager in the modern game not to lose away from home. This was before the Invicibles.

Once again, there is no need to belittle Wenger to glorify Emery. Why belittle a legend who won 40% of all Arsenal's trophies whilst building the modern Arsenal.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:Oh another nugget for anti Emery mob....
This is no nugget, it exposes your shameless and rank hypocrisy. Here you are willing to put Arsenal goals in context to other teams, (note not last season when we did not have both strikers from the beginning of the season) but not doing the same when it comes to Away wins.

Why the hypocrisy? This is not about Wenger or Emery (Besides it is silly to compare a legend to one who has done nothing) it is about Arsenal.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Gaddem! I see so much hypocrisy it is a laugh. These are the people who wanted Wenger to fail for years so they can say we told you so. Lord have mercy.

Aniks, you are my broda, you are no hypocrite, so please do not support dirty hypocrites. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

This is very sad. Just when we need to unite behind the real enemy, the divisions are laid bare. Arsenal will never get anywhere with fans on social media. We at the stadium must unite, and we will. I tire for all una here and other social media.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:BTW Emery haters likes of Iwobi, Holding, Guendouzi, have all made huge strides this season under Emery tutelage..yet 0 credit..Shameless gasbags.
Iwobi and Holding have made great strides because of the work put in before Emery. It is the foundation of those coaches that Emery is benefiting from. Do not give us this BS like Emery is this magician that has turned water into wine.

Besides, where were you when Iwobi was being slaughtered after the City game.

Once again, there is no need for this.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

azuka wrote:

This is same "amazing" squad only 4 away PL fixtures total in 17/18 campaign. This "world class" squad has finished outside top 4 in the 2 seasons on the trot. Squad that has fallen on its face since injuries to likes of Holding, Bellerin & now Sokratis.

If only you will desist from name calling one can engage you in meaningful discussion. The point you missing in your quickness to name-call is that none of this your so called mob want Emery to fail. They all want him to succeed because Emery succeeding simply means that this team we all love to support succeeds. Or is that too hard for you to understand?
To say this year squad is same as last seasons is to discount the impact of players like Leno who virtually saved us today, Torreira a player with quality long missing in the midfield, or Guendo a player meant for the future already punching far above his weight this season or Sokra. So my friend its not the same team as last season. And these players have added quality to last season's team and as such we expect better.
And all we asking is for Emery to coach this season's team rather than huffing and puffing on the touchline. Emery should come up with a system that will utilize to the maximum the diverse qualities of players at his disposal and not be trying to shoe every player to his rigid system. This is not working and the result is fans blaming the players for their performance.
If anything playing Huddersfield today taught this team a lesson In what quality coaching is all about.
Honestly this Emery discussion is becoming boring.
My bro, you raise very good points for those who are objective to truly analyse and not ignore your concerns. I hear you but I say be patient and give the man a chance. He will get it right. I know it is not looking good right now, and it needs to get better. But we must believe.