[MUFC] Ole Gunnar Solksjaer (Mar 28, 2019)...

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [MUFC] Ole Gunnar Solksjaer

Post by bamenda boy »

Guys let's be honest. We all love how good Pogba is playing now but he needed to be benched. He was playing very indisciplined at a certain time, joking around, not tracking back to defend, losing balls carelessly etc. If I were the coach, I would have benched him too. No player is above the team.
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

tfco wrote: OGS doing well
We are grateful
So WE were wrong to say WE should ship out players and not the bus driver.
http://www.naijiant.com/
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

bamenda boy wrote:Guys let's be honest. We all love how good Pogba is playing now but he needed to be benched. He was playing very indisciplined at a certain time, joking around, not tracking back to defend, losing balls carelessly etc. If I were the coach, I would have benched him too. No player is above the team.
Think he was trying to slow the game down a bit, the job was already done at 3 nil, we have an important game to play Tuesday, no need to go full on and risk injuries, all teams do this when they are trying to wind down the clock, does this make him indisciplined?

OGS rightly took him off, he did his job at 70 minutes
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:
bamenda boy wrote:Guys let's be honest. We all love how good Pogba is playing now but he needed to be benched. He was playing very indisciplined at a certain time, joking around, not tracking back to defend, losing balls carelessly etc. If I were the coach, I would have benched him too. No player is above the team.
Think he was trying to slow the game down a bit, the job was already done at 3 nil, we have an important game to play Tuesday, no need to go full on and risk injuries, all teams do this when they are trying to wind down the clock, does this make him indisciplined?

OGS rightly took him off, he did his job at 70 minutes
:clap:

pogba was out of it at Leicester 2nd half, but he made a run in the 90th minute...not many players would do that

today, he was in 2nd gear. let's wait for tuesday, you will see him on the big stage

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

tfco wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
tfco wrote:
joplass wrote:One word CONFIDENCE.

JM wouldn't have let Martial go pass two and take a shot. Instructions were more like pass one and pass the ball to Lukaku, or if you get a ball cross it to Lukaku.
:?
yawn
how did he score his brace at Stamford Bridge?

wasn't Martial on fire back in Sept or Oct? scoring like 5 goals in 5 apps?
(was his confidence low at that time?)
:lol: :lol: :lol:
it would be nice to really give OGS props...without having to mention Jose (or LVG) in this thread.

but...these guys
they spend LESS time talking about OGS..and Phelan..and Carrick. We are doing great. Enjoy it

if things turn sour, these fickle fans will turn on OGS
Ok tread cop what makes you NOT a fickle fan? Since when are you a bigger United fan than the next fan?
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

I hope OGS promotes another academy player, Greenwood, i heard so many things! There no point having Lukaku on the pitch these days when we can have a fitter younger player than will run his socks off, i think Lukaku is sulking Mourinho has left and is no longer the first choice striker, just watched yesterday and he did not want to be there! We should be promoting these young players, at least Rashford came through the ranks, Thanks to LVG for promoting youth
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:I hope OGS promotes another academy player, Greenwood, i heard so many things! There no point having Lukaku on the pitch these days when we can have a fitter younger player than will run his socks off, i think Lukaku is sulking Mourinho has left and is no longer the first choice striker, just watched yesterday and he did not want to be there! We should be promoting these young players, at least Rashford came through the ranks, Thanks to LVG for promoting youth

please watch the youth before chatting s'hit. There is a reason they are still playing U23 and not been promoted.

Greenwood, Chong, Gomes...are not ready. I have MUTV and watched them last week against Soton, we lost 0-1

For every rashford that LVG promoted, there will be McNair, Blackett, CBJ etc
Remember those guys? of course not, they have found their level

do.not.disrespect.lukaku

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

tfco wrote:
marko wrote:I hope OGS promotes another academy player, Greenwood, i heard so many things! There no point having Lukaku on the pitch these days when we can have a fitter younger player than will run his socks off, i think Lukaku is sulking Mourinho has left and is no longer the first choice striker, just watched yesterday and he did not want to be there! We should be promoting these young players, at least Rashford came through the ranks, Thanks to LVG for promoting youth

please watch the youth before chatting s'hit. There is a reason they are still playing U23 and not been promoted.

Greenwood, Chong, Gomes...are not ready. I have MUTV and watched them last week against Soton, we lost 0-1

do.not.disrespect.lukaku
Lukaku is disrespecting himself with his atrocious football, i will say get him out of united! Sorry does not cut it for me

Marko
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

marko wrote:
tfco wrote:

do.not.disrespect.lukaku
Lukaku is disrespecting himself with his atrocious football, i will say get him out of united! Sorry does not cut it for me
So, are you saying that Ole has destroyed Lukaku?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

danfo driver wrote:
marko wrote:
tfco wrote:

do.not.disrespect.lukaku
Lukaku has been given many chances, he has a poor first touch, if anything mourinho destroyed him
OGS has only been here for 7 weeks, not enough time to destroy any player!

Marko
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

marko wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
marko wrote:
tfco wrote:

do.not.disrespect.lukaku
Lukaku has been given many chances, he has a poor first touch, if anything mourinho destroyed him
Oh! Okay, I think I understand it a little bit better. Mourinho destroyed Lukaku, who was scoring and doing well under Mourinho! Thus, when things are great, OGS did it. For the bad things, "he has been here for 7 weeks." :clap:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

danfo driver wrote:
marko wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
marko wrote:
tfco wrote:

do.not.disrespect.lukaku
Oh! Okay, I think I understand it a little bit better. Mourinho destroyed Lukaku, who was scoring and doing well under Mourinho! Thus, when things are great, OGS did it. For the bad things, "he has been here for 7 weeks." :clap:
Nope lukaku can only blame himself for being lazy on the pitch, the shackles are not there anymore, lukaku has every chance to start scoring but important, helping out the team when they are struggling, so explain why he is playing so badly and does not contribute like a rashford? OGS is no glory hunter, he just made united play like we should, right now he is the 2nd choice striker on current form, if Mourinho can get the best out of him, he should follow him to any club stupid enough to employ him

Marko
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

marko wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
marko wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
marko wrote:
tfco wrote:

do.not.disrespect.lukaku
Nope lukaku can only blame himself for being lazy on the pitch, the shackles are not there anymore, lukaku has every chance to start scoring but important, helping out the team when they are struggling, so explain why he is playing so badly and does not contribute like a rashford? OGS is no glory hunter, he just made united play like we should, right now he is the 2nd choice striker on current form, if Mourinho can get the best out of him, he should follow him to any club stupid enough to employ him
So if it was before December 2018, Mourinho destroyed the player. However, if it was after December 2019, the player destroyed himself. :clap:
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Lukaku scored 8 goals this season, at least 8 premiership goals, very poor returns for a united striker! Nothing is stopping Lukaku from improving himself! First his poor touch, nobody can teach him the basics of football, we know Mourinho does not improve players, so i guess its left for OGS to help him! Now he has every opportunity to redeem himself, first start helping the team when the opposition has the ball, he played yesterday and was losing balls left right and center, he has to improve his foootball, its that simple, if he cant, he can ask for a transfer!

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:Lukaku scored 8 goals this season, at least 8 premiership goals, very poor returns for a united striker! Nothing is stopping Lukaku from improving himself! First his poor touch, nobody can teach him the basics of football, we know Mourinho does not improve players, so i guess its left for OGS to help him! Now he has every opportunity to redeem himself, first start helping the team when the opposition has the ball, he played yesterday and was losing balls left right and center, he has to improve his foootball, its that simple, if he cant, he can ask for a transfer!
OGS said you cannot teach a striker how to finish (this is common knowledge)

but, marko expects OGS to teach Luka how to trap a ball????????

marko, you are ohenohen of man united. you are too comical to be taken seriously

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:
tfco wrote:

do.not.disrespect.lukaku
yes o

let's promote the academy players (whom you have not watched but, read reviews off metro.co.uk)

that makes sense. We are Man United. We cannot waste money

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

tfco wrote:
marko wrote:Lukaku scored 8 goals this season, at least 8 premiership goals, very poor returns for a united striker! Nothing is stopping Lukaku from improving himself! First his poor touch, nobody can teach him the basics of football, we know Mourinho does not improve players, so i guess its left for OGS to help him! Now he has every opportunity to redeem himself, first start helping the team when the opposition has the ball, he played yesterday and was losing balls left right and center, he has to improve his foootball, its that simple, if he cant, he can ask for a transfer!
OGS said you cannot teach a striker how to finish (this is common knowledge)

but, marko expects OGS to teach Luka how to trap a ball????????

marko, you are ohenohen of man united. you are too comical to be taken seriously

When did OGS say you cannot teach a player how to finish? Common knowledge? Please TFCO raid tweeter, go online, i need to see where he made that statement, Lukaku has to improve, you have to be the main striker based on merit and form not because a coach likes you

But pls TFCO, please let me know when OGS made that comment?

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

he was referring to Rashford, around the time they went to Dubai...so before the new year

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

tfco wrote:he was referring to Rashford, around the time they went to Dubai...so before the new year
That statement must be online somehwere, please can you help to find it?

Marko
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

what are the quotes?

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

marko wrote:
tfco wrote:

do.not.disrespect.lukaku
When I saw this yesterday, i just smiled. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

All of a sudden, its on the player to "improve himself." :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: