What Next for Neymar?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: What Next for Neymar?

Post by King Futcha »

1naija wrote:
King Futcha wrote:who?

he went from top three to not mentioned at all in one tournament.
But he took his team further than the other two, who btw did not win the cup either. No?

I actually think he had a better World cup than some press and some Nigerians are making it out to be. Brazil just met a better Belgian team, period.
I am taking about his reputation, it took a huge hit with all the theatrics.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

cic old boy wrote:Neymar’s problem is complex. He is a very talented footballer, but needs to decide whether he wants to be the very best or just a very rich celebrity.
If you want to be the best, you must be playing against the very best. Going to PSG made no sense on footballing reasons. Cantona said so at the time.

The other issue Neymar has is a reverse of the Messi problem. Neymar grew up playing futsal. So his game is still about individualism, tricks, etc and trying to win the game on his own. Messi grew up in an academy system and while he has individual ability, he has honed it to blend with a team game and you get the best out of him within a structure. So while Neymar can sometimes produce moments of brilliance in a chaotic structure, Messi tends to give up if the system is not suitable for him.

Neymar needs to be in a team where he submits to the team ethic and has to think seriously about his decision making on the pitch. I used to think that maturity would make his decision-making better, but it is not proving to be the case. Just b/c the likes of Hazard and Griezmann had a better WC doesn’t mean they are more talented than Neymar. It’s just that they sacrificed their individualism for greater team goals. Hazard is definitely a great player, while Griezmann is just a very good striker.

The first step towards improvement for Neymar is to leave France and go to a club where a good coach can work on his weaknesses rather than indulge them.
No one disputes Neymar's talent. However, that is not enough. If I were a coach, I would want players who add more value to my team than just raw talent. If my team is desperately searching for an equaliser, Griezman or Hazard or more likely to get me one than Neymar at the moment.

Let us see if he sorts himself out over the coming season but for now, his head is not right at all. Countinho gave his all at the World Cup for Brazil. If neymar had done likewise, we would not even be having this discussion.
guest83
Egg
Egg

Post by guest83 »

King Futcha wrote:
1naija wrote:

But he took his team further than the other two, who btw did not win the cup either. No?

I actually think he had a better World cup than some press and some Nigerians are making it out to be. Brazil just met a better Belgian team, period.
It's not simply 'theatrics', I believe he is genuinely hurting from the tackles he recieves but it's not normal hence why people say it's theatrics. He has been abusing his body with alcohol and possibly other things a long time now.. and that is the reason for his fragile body.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

guest83 wrote:
King Futcha wrote:
1naija wrote:

It's not simply 'theatrics', I believe he is genuinely hurting from the tackles he recieves but it's not normal hence why people say it's theatrics. He has been abusing his body with alcohol and possibly other things a long time now.. and that is the reason for his fragile body.

Do you know him personally to make all these wild allegations against him? First you said he has mental problems. Now you are saying he has been abusing his body with alcohol and other things. Does this really make you feel good? I would be disgusted with myself if I were you!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

1naija wrote:
guest83 wrote:
King Futcha wrote:
1naija wrote:

Do you know him personally to make all these wild allegations against him? First you said he has mental problems. Now you are saying he has been abusing his body with alcohol and other things. Does this really make you feel good? I would be disgusted with myself if I were you!
Why do people feel compelled to spread such vile rumours?
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Neymar is too lazy a player to achieve his true potential. He needs to put more effort in if he wants to match Messi and Ronaldo.

A player of Neymar’s talent should be able to single handedly win matches even when his team is playing badly. Eden Hazard is way above Neymar in the world rankings now as is Ivan Peresic, Kevin De Byrne, Antoine Greizeman and of course Kylian Mbappe.
You forgot what Neymar did for Barca in the CL when Messi couldn't provide requisite leadership?
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Kabalega wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Neymar is too lazy a player to achieve his true potential. He needs to put more effort in if he wants to match Messi and Ronaldo.

A player of Neymar’s talent should be able to single handedly win matches even when his team is playing badly. Eden Hazard is way above Neymar in the world rankings now as is Ivan Peresic, Kevin De Byrne, Antoine Greizeman and of course Kylian Mbappe.
You forgot what Neymar did for Barca in the CL when Messi couldn't provide requisite leadership?
That was a long time ago. The Neymar of 2018 is a shadow of that player!
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

He recently recovered from a long term injury, people are forgetting this.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

kalani JR wrote:He recently recovered from a long term injury, people are forgetting this.
how do you recover from being a headcase kalaniGOAT jr
Saints baby we did it
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

Neymar is a puto. He made a big mistake leaving Barcelona for PSG. What he gained in money he lost in skills and character development. My bet is he'll end up at Real in a year's time.
The real deal
Egg
Egg

Post by The real deal »

If PSG gets knocked out of UCL, will Neymar have any credibility or raison d'etre @ Paris anymore?
Cujus esqulum, ajus es usqui ad inferos
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

The real deal wrote:If PSG gets knocked out of UCL, will Neymar have any credibility or raison d'etre @ Paris anymore?
Will he play?
The real deal
Egg
Egg

Post by The real deal »

nemi2002 wrote:
The real deal wrote:If PSG gets knocked out of UCL, will Neymar have any credibility or raison d'etre @ Paris anymore?
Will he play?
No......out for 10 weeks!
Injured last year too
Cujus esqulum, ajus es usqui ad inferos
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

its over for neymal.
Saints baby we did it
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

Neymar will be out of PSG in no time. By all accounts he is crying about the weather in Paris and unhappy with how uncompetitive the French league is. Maybe he should have considered these factors before leaving Barcelona. The only realistic destination for him is Real, unless Barca included a first right of refusal or buy-back clause.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Meanwhile, at Barca, they are preparing for life without Messi.....