EPL EL CA$HITO:MAN. CITY 6 CHELSEA 0 ( FT ) yes, 6 kondo

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: EPL EL CA$HITO:MAN. CITY 6 CHELSEA 0 ( FT ) yes, 6 kondo

Post by danfo driver »

kalani JR wrote:
tfco wrote:sarri is doing himself no favours

will kante ever play his favoured role? ever?
Not as long as Sarri tries to fit the Square Jorginho into the round DM hole.
Is that the same DM role Jorginho has played all his career? Or a different one?

Truth is that the English and their press do not know much about football. If a DM is not black, a runner, strong, muscular, preferably tall and African, then he is not a DM. smh.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

danfo driver wrote:
kalani JR wrote:

Is that the same DM role Jorginho has played all his career? Or a different one?

Truth is that the English and their press do not know much about football. If a DM is not black, a runner, strong, muscular, preferably tall and African, then he is not a DM. smh.

Thank you , Pep Guardiola, if that was his system, he could have done that in his first season without batting an eyelid and he media would have ululated about how he is revolutionising English football.
He has actually done something close to that, bringing the likes of De Bruyne closer to the DM position and we all know how much noise was made.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

txj wrote:City are good; best squad in England.

But like I told G4L months ago, I think they are not deserving of the hero worship that most certainly will follow this game.

Take Fernandinho that is being hailed as world class all over England. In the one game he played for Brazil in the WC, he couldn't get up to half the level of Casemiro and was singularly responsible for Brazil going out vs Belgium...

Tactically, teams in England are often too happy to accept the status quo and not challenge the "established order"...In this I am reminded of what Mourinho said about his experience in Italy against small clubs...
I don't get your example here, let's do say for example Aguero is a totally different animal when in Argentina colours, does that make him overrated or whatever you are suggesting with this example.

Flourish us with your gist
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Ekorian wrote:
Kako wrote:Sarri no shake Pep hand :)
Never shake an abuser. It's an old saying...
:lol:
Seriously though, this is a clash of football cultures. In Italy, there is this unwritten rule of not humiliating your opponent. In Spain, play on, score more goals, entertain. In England, it is even worse, the fans demand it. We want six, the fans chanted. Sarri felt humiliated but he is not in Italy. The game is different in England.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Waffiman wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Ekorian wrote:
Seriously though, this is a clash of football cultures. In Italy, there is this unwritten rule of not humiliating your opponent. In Spain, play on, score more goals, entertain. In England, it is even worse, the fans demand it. We want six, the fans chanted. Sarri felt humiliated but he is not in Italy. The game is different in England.
Wasn't Mourinho whispered that to Conte after his 4-0 lashing, people laughed all day about how bitter he is.
Hope this brings in some perspective.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Ekorian wrote:

Funny I thought the same thing and said as much .... you could see how much anger and bitterness Sarri felt at the humiliation ... but Pep didn’t give a damn
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
hangingfire
Egg
Egg
Re: EPL EL CA$HITO: MAN. CITY 0 CHELSEA 0 (1st half )

Post by hangingfire »

Ekorian wrote:Wait ooo. Odoi didn't even make the bench. :shock: This Sarri sef :boo:
Sarri is not a coach. How can he convince anyone that Jorginho and Mateo Kovacic combined are better than a half fit Cesc Fabregas? The greatest problem with Chelsea is the absence of play maker thereby cutting out Eden Hazard's job for him. Top that with playing a now very slow Luis in the heart of defense in England of all places with the awesome record of the fastest paced league in the world.

To make matters worst, Sarri has pushed the only possible cannon fodder for his sorry central defense-Ngolo Kante- forward. These are inexplicable blunders and too much unforced errors by a coach of Sarri's repute. Chelsea wasted too much money buying Sarri instead of buying the players Conte wanted and leaving him to carry on with his job. Sarri should be fired immediately otherwise the damage he will cause Chelsea would be irreparable.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

danfo driver wrote:
kalani JR wrote:

Thank you sir!

The ignorance of the English has become a plague on world football followership. These people have never won anything in the modern game; have never introduced any real innovation...

Kante has the same role that Alan had, and still has at Napoli...

The job of a DM manifests in two perspectives- the tackle and the related ball wining; and then through ball possession. Defensive safety, which is the cardinal principle behind the DM role can be achieved thru game control.

Its the same transition Jose made from Makelele to John Mikel Obi.

Its just a different way of eating the gbegiri soup!
Last edited by txj on Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

benteke wrote:

But like I told G4L months ago, I think they are not deserving of the hero worship that most certainly will follow this game.

Take Fernandinho that is being hailed as world class all over England. In the one game he played for Brazil in the WC, he couldn't get up to half the level of Casemiro and was singularly responsible for Brazil going out vs Belgium...

Tactically, teams in England are often too happy to accept the status quo and not challenge the "established order"...In this I am reminded of what Mourinho said about his experience in Italy against small clubs...
I don't get your example here, let's do say for example Aguero is a totally different animal when in Argentina colours, does that make him overrated or whatever you are suggesting with this example.

But Aguero is not a different animal with Argentina. You need to take a break from CE and learn the game. I told you this a year ago!

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

danfo driver wrote:
kalani JR wrote:

and we can see jorginho excelling there

and kante excelling as a scorer...from the right

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Tx, what of Kroos et al during the same World Cup, world class allegedly, lauded over in La Liga and yet there were games when he was barely up to Big Sam's Ivan Campo. Fernandinho, at what he does, is very capable. Perhaps this is more a showcase of your disdain for the Premiership than anything else.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Coach wrote:@Tx, what of Kroos et al during the same World Cup, world class allegedly, lauded over in La Liga and yet there were games when he was barely up to Big Sam's Ivan Campo. Fernandinho, at what he does, is very capable. Perhaps this is more a showcase of your disdain for the Premiership than anything else.
He is a capable player. No more no less...

The example of Kroos is a poor one. He is proven with Germany and has a WC medal to prove it. What does Fernandinho have save the adulation of the English?

City are very good. But they are not what the English are making them out to be. I suspect even Pep knows it!

benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

txj wrote:
benteke wrote:

But Aguero is not a different animal with Argentina. You need to take a break from CE and learn the game. I told you this a year ago!
You must have told someone else.
And you still have not explained yourself away, your point about Fernandino not being the same for his nationals team, what it means about him. When other players go through the same. Bring as many examples as you want
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Coach wrote:@Tx, what of Kroos et al during the same World Cup, world class allegedly, lauded over in La Liga and yet there were games when he was barely up to Big Sam's Ivan Campo. Fernandinho, at what he does, is very capable. Perhaps this is more a showcase of your disdain for the Premiership than anything else.
Well well well, preach :thumbs:
But anyway, the oracle will come with all sorts :rotf:
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

tfco wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

indian PaJ
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Pep wicked oooh,i am shock he at 6 he ask the players to s core more and was not happy with just 2 goals in second half,
Thank you Pep for doing this to Chelsea,now continue with the manu game away with same result.
It will be nice to see both team in league cup final
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

kajifu wrote:Pep wicked oooh,i am shock he at 6 he ask the players to s core more and was not happy with just 2 goals in second half,
Thank you Pep for doing this to Chelsea,now continue with the manu game away with same result.
City to beat unted 6 nil, the last that happened was at Old trafford during Ferguson reign, it was not meant to be our day! Chelsea are unbalanced, the last couple of games have proven that, they have a coach that is die hard with his philosophy, seems the players are not responding

I cannot see united not creating chances at old trafford! will be a different game! of course on paper, City are expected to beat united but this game will be closer than you think
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:
kajifu wrote:Pep wicked oooh,i am shock he at 6 he ask the players to s core more and was not happy with just 2 goals in second half,
City to beat unted 6 nil, the last that happened was at Old trafford during Ferguson reign, it was not meant to be our day! Chelsea are unbalanced, the last couple of games have proven that, they have a coach that is die hard with his philosophy, seems the players are not responding

I cannot see united not creating chances at old trafford! will be a different game! of course on paper, City are expected to beat united but this game will be closer than you think
it was 1-6
johnny evans got a RC when the score was 0-1 (balotelli goal...why always me)

2nd half was just painful
City scored 3 goals after 90'

IIRC they beat us 1-0 at etihad to win the league...i think it was that season

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

Chelsea players looked uninterested. Hazard and Kante were ready but the other 9, I don't know.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

joplass wrote:Chelsea players looked uninterested. Hazard and Kante were ready but the other 9, I don't know.
Higuain tried too, but yea the others were not in it at all.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

maceo4 wrote:
joplass wrote:Chelsea players looked uninterested. Hazard and Kante were ready but the other 9, I don't know.
I don't blame Sari that much because at some point every player's pride must surface and creates a positive reaction but those guys were not in at all.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

People talk about Sarriball, this is not Sarriball. He does not have the players to play Sarriball.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

joplass wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
I don't blame Sari that much because at some point every player's pride must surface and creates a positive reaction but those guys were not in at all.
God bless you my brother. This is exactly what I have been telling people especially my friends that are Chelsea fans. I said even if the coach put you guys out there to play rubbish at some point especially after the 2nd goal in less than 15 minutes, heart and pride got to kick in. Haba...6-0 even Hudderfield don't lose game by 6 goals...The Chelsea players should be ashamed of themselves. IMHO they are 100% to blame for the #$% whooping.
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger