Akpeyi makes his debut

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Akpeyi makes his debut

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Chei see stadium atmosphere
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg
Re: Akpeyi makes his debut

Post by DIMKA76 »

SA organisation and promotion looking on point. Nothing Akpeyi could have done about the goal.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Chai. See crowd.
How dem dey take manage fill stadium like this?
Abi na one-off?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Damunk wrote:Chai. See crowd.
Abi na one-off?
Soweto Derby
SuperEagles

Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

So no clean sheet?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Flex Swift wrote:So no clean sheet?
At least the guy is better than kepa.
SuperEagles

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

akpeyi is not a goalkeeper.
onwuatuegwu
Egg
Egg

Post by onwuatuegwu »

vancity eagle wrote:akpeyi is not a goalkeeper.
Another stupid post :roll:

[/video]
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

See organization. Why cant the NPFL be this professionally run?
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

bret- hart wrote:See organization. Why cant the NPFL be this professionally run?
It's a microcosm of Nigeria.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

We rate how the Kaizer Chiefs and Orlando Pirates players performed in the Soweto derby
https://www.timeslive.co.za/sport/socce ... eto-derby/
10 February 2019 - 13:20
BY MARK GLEESON

Orlando Pirates winger Thembinkosi Lorch rounds Kaizer Chiefs goalkeeper Daniel Akpeyi before scoring the equalising goal in the 1-1 Absa Premiership draw at FNB Stadium in Johannesburg on February 9 2019.
Orlando Pirates winger Thembinkosi Lorch rounds Kaizer Chiefs goalkeeper Daniel Akpeyi before scoring the equalising goal in the 1-1 Absa Premiership draw at FNB Stadium in Johannesburg on February 9 2019.
Image: Lefty Shivambu
Soweto Derby #166 between rivals Kaizer Chiefs and Orlando Pirates had flashes of excitement with a disputed penalty and a brilliant equaliser‚ but as an overall spectacle‚ this latest installment of Southern Africa's biggest game will be quickly forgotten.

There are those who say that because it was tactical game of chess‚ the two teams cancelled each other out but in reality it was a game riddled with errors‚ persistent turn overs and an absence of proper passing.

It took Pirates some 70 minutes to get a shot on target while Chiefs were equally powder puff both in the build-up and in front of goal.

Here is how the players on the day rated‚ with marks out of 10:

KAIZER CHIEFS:
Daniel Akpeyi (7): A solid enough debut from the Nigerian as he was thrust into the deep end but ended up not having much to do.

His first real save came in the last 20 minutes of the game and he looked competent when called upon. There was little he could do about the goal as Thembinkosi Lorch went around him to net.

Orlando Pirates fight back to share spoils with Kaizer Chiefs in derby

The 166th Soweto derby was brutally fought out at a pace that kept a capacity crowd on the edge of their seats‚ as Kaizer Chiefs and Orlando Pirates ...
SPORT 1 day ago
Siphosakhe Ntiya-Ntiya (5): Did not get forward enough with another Soweto derby debutant Happy Mashiane ahead of him on an overloaded left hand side.

Daniel Cardoso (7): Strong and aggressive‚ looking to dominate the air and defend set pieces and pushing into midfield when demanded to tackle too.

Teenage Hadebe (8): Many timely tackles and some gutsy challenges as he took many knocks. He is very quickly convincing new coach Ernst Middendorp he is the best centre back that Chiefs have.

ADVERTISING

Kgotso Moleko (6): Had a tough afternoon dealing with Lorch but made a goal-saving tackle on Ben Motshwari.

He did not venture forward enough down the right flank.

George Maluleka (5): Picked to boss the midfield ahead of Willard Katsande‚ who was a surprising omission‚ but did not use the opportunity to show he offers more in driving forward and with his passing range.

Pule Ekstein (5): Middendorp said afterwards that Ekstein is one of the best players he has ever worked with but while he has obvious talent and important acceleration‚ he is not strong enough on the ball‚ makes poor decisions‚ is prone to wayward shooting and gave away possession that led to Pirates’ goal.

Ajax settle with PSL in relegation dispute, but refuse to give details

Ajax Cape Town have reached an undisclosed settlement with the Premier Soccer League over their relegation from the Absa Premiership at the end of ...
SPORT 3 days ago
Happy Mashiane (4): It was only his third game for Chiefs and it is wonderful to see such confidence in a young player. But often that becomes arrogance and careless back heels and no-look passes have no place in a match like the derby. Jerked off at half-time.

Bernard Parker (6): Worked hard through the 90 minutes from a position out on the right hand side and attempted more shots on goal than any other Chiefs player.

Khama Billiat (4): Billiat can be a match winner but that is increasingly a rare occurance. He was supposed to play closer in to Leonardo Castro to try and pick off the second ball but very quickly drifted off cue and was ineffective.

Leonardo Castro (5): Not enough service for him to provide touches for Billiat or make opportunities for himself. Taken off after 66 minutes.

Substitutes:
Philani Zulu (5): Came on for the second half and was more solid than Mashiane but did not offer much going forward‚ or by cutting inside as he likes to do.

Willard Katsande (no mark): On in the 66th minute for Castro as Middendorp tried‚ unsuccessfully‚ to close up shop.

Ramahlwe Mphahlele (no mark): On in the 82nd minute as right wing back rather than defender.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

cchinukw wrote:
bret- hart wrote:See organization. Why cant the NPFL be this professionally run?

I dont think thats a good enough excuse. The congolese have a better run league than ours and that country is fighting civil war after civil war. I dont see why Nigeria cant have a league comparable to say the North Africans.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

bret- hart wrote:
cchinukw wrote:

I dont think thats a good enough excuse. The congolese have a better run league than ours and that country is fighting civil war after civil war. I dont see why Nigeria cant have a league comparable to say the North Africans.
its called grass root 'indoctrination'; if only you see how football culture (yea I know some of you may call it handball but that's besides the point) has deeply penetrated the life of every small community in the US. for example - high school football is the heartbeat of the most obscure small town you can think of across this nation. it is where the entire community gathers every Friday night in a cohesive competitive front against the adjacent community. Some small towns may not even have one traffic light but there's always a high school stadium where every family in that town either has a daughter who cheers (cheer ladies) or a son who plays. And I have not even started on college football nor the NFL but essentially that same small community football culture perpetuates and builds to college, to professional level sports and become indispensable in the lives of the people. There is a hit movie about this called Friday nights lights.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

The EPL has destroyed football in Nigeria
SuperEagles

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

bret- hart wrote:I dont think thats a good enough excuse. The congolese have a better run league than ours and that country is fighting civil war after civil war. I dont see why Nigeria cant have a league comparable to say the North Africans.
No, they don’t...
Two billionaire clubs but the Linafoot league itself is pedestrian.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...he is a striker :thumbs:
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Damunk wrote:Chai. See crowd.
Abi na one-off?
...maximizing profit, the cheaper the tickets the more crowd you get, plus other promotions.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Akpeyi, putting haters to shame....

Playing in front of a massive crowd on debut for new club. You have done well.

Haters can dust!
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

fabio wrote:Akpeyi, putting haters to shame....

Playing in front of a massive crowd on debut for new club. You have done well.

Haters can dust!
:rotf: :rotf: If he could have stopped his shaking and nerves when playing for the SE he would have sealed the number 1 jersey. But dude makes calamitous mistakes like taking a ball in his hand and walking out of the 18 yard box with it. :woot: Bobo cannot be trusted.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

maceo4 wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: If he could have stopped his shaking and nerves when playing for the SE he would have sealed the number 1 jersey. But dude makes calamitous mistakes like taking a ball in his hand and walking out of the 18 yard box with it. :woot: Bobo cannot be trusted.
That's the job of the team psychologist.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim