The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2019

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2

Post by tolahs »

Holding your club accountable for tactical shortcomings ain't anti_nothing but mediocrity - Prof Niks. Chelsea's owner like any money launderer you can find brought Sarri in to play Sarri_ball - they've got the players but are they sold on their new gaffer's ways.???
We go to Hudders & concede territory & possession in a way that must be troubling for any true fan(You're definitely one of those) - we couldn't hold on to the ball upfront, telegraphed passes & kept dropping deep to our box to defend - must be able to ask questions w/o being called the new "satan"
Chelsea is proving you need more than money & players. Didn't they beat ManC early this season? Sarri has method - does Unai??
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

tolahs wrote:Holding your club accountable for tactical shortcomings ain't anti_nothing but mediocrity - Prof Niks. Chelsea's owner like any money launderer you can find brought Sarri in to play Sarri_ball - they've got the players but are they sold on their new gaffer's ways.???
We go to Hudders & concede territory & possession in a way that must be troubling for any true fan(You're definitely one of those) - we couldn't hold on to the ball upfront, telegraphed passes & kept dropping deep to our box to defend - must be able to ask questions w/o being called the new "satan"
Chelsea is proving you need more than money & players. Didn't they beat ManC early this season? Sarri has method - does Unai??

Man mi I can’t understand this incoherence ... so let’s agree to disagree :taunt: :taunt:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

anikulapo wrote:I hope you Anti Emery chipmunks can see what City is doing to Chelshyt ..:. At this rate, Arsenal might be in fifth place because of the drubbing
As usual you are enjoying the aesthetics of the game and not looking deep. This sort of defeat has long been in the oven baking for Chelsea. Just like you are calling some of us names, so i believe some Chelsea fans saying and highlighting the truth about Sarri's truth would have been called names by those who refuse to look deep.

Sarri's Chelsea of all the top 6 teams is the easiest to beat. Do a number on Jorghino or render him useless and Chelsea is done for. First Jorghino is too slow to play that position. His recoverability which is highly desired for that highly technical position is serious lacking. Sarri's problem started the day he tried to turn the best DM, Kante in the world into an attacking midfielder just to accommodate Jorghino. Only a huff and puff coach like Sarri will do that. It's akin to Unai attempt in playing Xhaka as a CD/LF.

And while we still on this match hope this debate on quality stops. On paper both Man City and Chelsea are equally matched quality wise. But the difference is the tactics adopted on the day. While against Arsenal Unai put a number on Jorghino Pepe went the other way. He simply came up with a tactics to deny Jorghino of the ball. The mistake Sarri did was not to come up with a plan to counter KDB. The result is what we all had today. Man City 6 Chelsea 0.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

azuka wrote:
anikulapo wrote:I hope you Anti Emery chipmunks can see what City is doing to Chelshyt ..:. At this rate, Arsenal might be in fifth place because of the drubbing
As usual you are enjoying the aesthetics of the game and not looking deep. This sort of defeat has long been in the oven baking for Chelsea. Just like you are calling some of us names, so i believe some Chelsea fans saying and highlighting the truth about Sarri's truth would have been called names by those who refuse to look deep.

Sarri's Chelsea of all the top 6 teams is the easiest to beat. Do a number on Jorghino or render him useless and Chelsea is done for. First Jorghino is too slow to play that position. His recoverability which is highly desired for that highly technical position is serious lacking. Sarri's problem started the day he tried to turn the best DM, Kante in the world into an attacking midfielder just to accommodate Jorghino. Only a huff and puff coach like Sarri will do that. It's akin to Unai attempt in playing Xhaka as a CD/LF.

And while we still on this match hope this debate on quality stops. On paper both Man City and Chelsea are equally matched quality wise. But the difference is the tactics adopted on the day. While against Arsenal Unai put a number on Jorghino Pepe went the other way. He simply came up with a tactics to deny Jorghino of the ball. The mistake Sarri did was not to come up with a plan to counter KDB. The result is what we all had today. Man City 6 Chelsea 0.

You either have trouble reading or it’s the comprehension. Again Emery with major injuries to his defense held on and only lost due to unconscionable mental errors and a handball ... The point was that the Haters are clueless and can’t see below the surface. All this nonsense about the errors of Chelshyt, which are obvious, is so typical of you.

Again this is what happens when you’re educated in the North :mrgreen:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

azuka wrote:

Stand Up!!! Preach - debating footie tactics is become rare on this thread. it's about what cult you belong to.
What Sarri is doing with Kante is similar to what Unai is asking LT to do( he said earlier in the season the Emery wanted him running forward more) - i suspect to make up for Xhaka's lack of pace & our absence of real wingers.
Jorghino was also wanted by ManC - but i suspect he would've been used in matches where teams came to only defend.
Sarri has also said he was brought in to for Sarri-ball - if they don't adjust soon, it could get worse(not that i am complaining).
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

tolahs wrote:
azuka wrote:

Stand Up!!! Preach - debating footie tactics is become rare on this thread. it's about what cult you belong to.
What Sarri is doing with Kante is similar to what Unai is asking LT to do( he said earlier in the season the Emery wanted him running forward more) - i suspect to make up for Xhaka's lack of pace & our absence of real wingers.
Jorghino was also wanted by ManC - but i suspect he would've been used in matches where teams came to only defend.
Sarri has also said he was brought in to for Sarri-ball - if they don't adjust soon, it could get worse(not that i am complaining).
Ohh you noticed that too. Glad you did. The LT that started the season is not positionally the same LT that plays now. That is another salient point affecting our play. But see how people are going to read meanings into that bold part you just pointed out.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

azuka wrote:
tolahs wrote:
azuka wrote:

Ohh you noticed that too. Glad you did. The LT that started the season is not positionally the same LT that plays now. That is another salient point affecting our play. But see how people are going to read meanings into that bold part you just pointed out.
Journos have asked Sarri about how Kante's deployed - i really hope Emery's asked the same about LT for in my opinion, it's a reckless move - he's a proper ball winner - give the backline that screen.
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

tolahs wrote:
azuka wrote:
tolahs wrote:
azuka wrote:

Journos have asked Sarri about how Kante's deployed - i really hope Emery's asked the same about LT for in my opinion, it's a reckless move - he's a proper ball winner - give the backline that screen.
I think he is trying to use Kante the way he used Allan at Napoli where he(Allan) was tasked with winning the ball back as early as possible but that is not working out because Chelsea doesnt have players(offensive ones) who are as disciplined( at least to play his system) as the ones he had at Napoli. I still dont get why he is not putting more focus in fine tuning other areas before moving Kante a bit forward (keep him close to Jorginho for the time being) and let the offensive players learn to press effectively before moving Kante forward to do the pressing. The other option could be moving Kovacic/Bartley to do the pressing instead. That way when/if the opponent manages to break through the press kante and Jorginho are still there.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

bk-one wrote:
tolahs wrote:
azuka wrote:
tolahs wrote:
azuka wrote:

I think he is trying to use Kante the way he used Allan at Napoli where he(Allan) was tasked with winning the ball back as early as possible but that is not working out because Chelsea doesnt have players(offensive ones) who are as disciplined( at least to play his system) as the ones he had at Napoli. I still dont get why he is not putting more focus in fine tuning other areas before moving Kante a bit forward (keep him close to Jorginho for the time being) and let the offensive players learn to press effectively before moving Kante forward to do the pressing. The other option could be moving Kovacic/Bartley to do the pressing instead. That way when/if the opponent manages to break through the press kante and Jorginho are still there.
Coaches under the guise of conviction can be stubborn to the detriment of the team & frustration of fans. I remember many Arsenal fans having to sign a petition imploring AW to give Song a shift @DM - he kept playing Denilson there & would provide stats on why he was best suited to the spot.
Likewise, Sarri has misused Kante & put crazy pressure on newbie Jorghino - who obviously has become a target for opposing teams - take him out of rhythm & Chelsea suffer.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Chelsea recent spending:
Bakayoko 42$,
Barkley 20$
drinkwater 35$,
Morata 80$
Zappacosta 10$,
Jorgingo 57$,
luiz 30$,
Higuain (loan)?
Giroud 20$.
Christian Pulisic 55$
Keeper 70$? (can't say his name)
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Waffiman wrote:Like I always insisted and I have for years here. We need perspective. No revisionism, no belittling of bygone legends. Here are the facts and summary of it all.

An injury hit team did not play well, but won away and are still in touch with the top 4. Life could be far worse.

Bring on the Europa League, and let's stop moaning and making things worse than they are.
Kpom Kwem!
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

I hear Arsenal fans complaining and moaning about style.

Say What???
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Robbynice wrote:
Waffiman wrote:Like I always insisted and I have for years here. We need perspective. No revisionism, no belittling of bygone legends. Here are the facts and summary of it all.

An injury hit team did not play well, but won away and are still in touch with the top 4. Life could be far worse.

Bring on the Europa League, and let's stop moaning and making things worse than they are.
Kpom Kwem!

So you dey Kpom Waffi’s veiled attack on SkyLoco and Azukat?

Okay good to know :taunt: :taunt:

MLK.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:

I would differentiate b/w people(as it were) & Abramovich(who thinks you can transport a system across league in quick time) - Chelsea fans have been pragmatic in this instance - they know where best to play Kante.
Pep knows from the LVG experiment - taking 6-7 Ajax players to Barca hoping to replicate their Eredivisie success - it didn't work cos amongst other things - there are differences between & within leagues that must be factored in - some are tactical heavy, fowl threshold needs to be understood by incoming players etc.
Fundamental to any team sport is defensive solidity - most new managers take on squads with imbalances of some sort - when Hudders dominates us in possession & territory - we've gotta ask questions without been seen as traitors. When our front 3 or so are incapable of holding on to the ball to relieve pressure - we gotta ask questions.
If Pep vs Liverpool & ManU can instruct one of his FBs to stay back while the other attacks - Emery ought to be able to make that adjustment in fore instance the FA cup match vs ManU - Lukaku kept going wide right to attack from there - we let Sead bomb forward, forcing one of our central defenders to go out wide - killing our shape.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Nkume wrote:I hear Arsenal fans complaining and moaning about style.

Say What???
LMAO... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Ramsey DONE hammer.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

wanaj0 wrote:Ramsey DONE hammer.
Abi o...Our dear club honestly cant have that kind of wage structure without a sugar daddy. and Kroenke is no ones sugar daddy.

Can you imagine ..

Sanchez on 450K /week
Ozil on 350K /week
Ramsey /250K /week
Abu on 200K /week

and if we had kept Walcott .

Walcott on 150K/week

It was not going to work on the model we have ..

They all ( including Ozil ) needed to be gone..

na waya ..Juve get money o
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Man! Ramsey is a wicked man. Walks away on a free and pockets the huge sign-on bonus, leaving Arsenal with 0 transfer fee, after developing him.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

danfo driver wrote:Man! Ramsey is a wicked man. Walks away on a free and pockets the huge sign-on bonus, leaving Arsenal with 0 transfer fee, after developing him.
You win some and lose some :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

...Socrates
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

danfo driver wrote:Man! Ramsey is a wicked man. Walks away on a free and pockets the huge sign-on bonus, leaving Arsenal with 0 transfer fee, after developing him.
This is great for Arsenal. We cant afford another significantly overpaid player. Good on him but once he's in Turin he'll realize money ain't everything. He'll be a rotational player there in no time.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Heliopolis wrote:
This is great for Arsenal. We cant afford another significantly overpaid player. Good on him but once he's in Turin he'll realize money ain't everything. He'll be a rotational player there in no time.
In Turin, he'll have a chance to win the league and CL. He will never have that chance at Arsenal.

And at this moment, which Juve midfielder is going to bench him?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Btw , how much did we sell Gnarby ?

...Socrates