Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by danfo driver »

marko wrote:
tfco wrote:you mention Juve

we beat Juve away.

p.s - we have a big squad.

signed - we have a big squad

Yes we have a big squad, not neccessarily quality players, there is a difference, i have mentioned this times and times again! If the likes of Lukaku, sanchez, fred, dalot cannot perform what to do?

End of the season, we will find out the i tentions of the board, that simple
Dude every team has a squad of 25 players! :lol: :lol:

If they cant perform, you do NOT renew them. What was the point of renewing Smalling and Jones? or even Shaw? Are they going to stop Mbappe? Neymar? Cavani? today? next week? Next year? or ever? These players are the level of Everton or even southampton and you expect them to win league or CL?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [UCL] Man United (0-2) PSG

Post by txj »

marko wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
txj wrote:
marko wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:Where is Marko to tell us how it was JM's fault :)
I am here! I saw the game and PSG deserved to win as we did not take our slim and few chances, at this level, mistakes will be punished, PSG are in the top tier of European football, we are slowly getting back there

For me this was a win-win situation, it is good to see how far OGS has come so far, we are not there yet, just watching us continue to play despite 2 nil down is good enough

It is also good for the board to see the difference between united and teams like PSG without the likes of Neymar and Cavani, they are a strong team and winners of French league several times

I will not even talk about the referee because it bears no relevance on the game

I continue to repeat, i have written off this season, just getting back to playing good football is good enough, we should concentrate on finishing top 4 if we can!

It is also good the board has not rushed to any decision on OGS as these are the types of games we need to see how he performs and also important what is needed going forward

If we won this tie, the board will feel they do not have to spend money to streghten the squad, we are slowly getting there but in comparision to the top tier, we need to look at the squad and make changes and add players

7 weeks ago, we were in complete disarray, today at least we can look up and say, at least we are not far off! The likes of Barcelona, Real Madrid, City, Juventus, perhaps Bayern, PSG are in the top tier

For united to get to that level, we need to let some players go and we need to re-invest, its that simple and i am happy at least PSG reminded us of this fact!

Funny. I heard this after the Juve game at OT.

It was said by Jose....
He thinks very highly of his team. Thats the funniest part of it all. And to be fair, Ole has made them quite overconfident. Anyone who knows football can watch Man United and know that the team is quite rubbish. They have very few talented players, and a large number of their talented players are either dumb or lazy, and that creates a lot of problems when you are trying to win. lets go through this-

Can these players get into PSG-

1. De Gea - yes
2. Young - LOL
3. Bailly - NO
4. Lindelof - NO (Even marquinhos who is shafted to CM at PSG will be the best CB at United)
5. Shaw - LOL
6. Matic - LOL
7. Herrera - NO
8. Pogba - Yes
9. Martial - NO
10. Lingard - LOL
11. Rashford - NO

Now, only 2 players in United's 11 can get into PSG's starting 11. And you think you can compete? LOL
Names dont win games, players do, some of our players are good, some are definitely not good and some need to leave the club, i have repeated several times, at least 6-7 players need to leave, some are in their 30s

Personally i will wait till the end of the season and see what plans the board has for the club

Also i will stick my head out and say the likes of Pogba/ Rashford should consider moving if the club decides not to invest in players, especially Pogba, he should not sign any contract until he sees the board is serious about getting rid of some players! That i said but i will wait till the end of the season

The team may be lacking, but it is not near as bad as Jose made it out to be. He made them worse.

However, Ole's results always needed to be taken with a grain of salt.

Just before he was fired, Jose spoke about picking up plenty of points in Dec/Jan/Feb. He clearly saw the fixture schedule was favorable.

But so did the wiley folks at United, who knew it was as good a run of games as u could wish to blood a rookie manager...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Mourinho with money? Sanchez, Dalot, Fred, Lukaku, at least one of them should be stepping up but have they? Answer? Throw more money away!

Mourinho can spend 200 million and play crap football! He is not the answer, OGS should be judged as well aganst the big teams, the feel good factor is gone, its business, yes he has performed credibly so far
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

danfo driver wrote:
marko wrote:

we beat Juve away.

Yes we have a big squad, not neccessarily quality players, there is a difference, i have mentioned this times and times again! If the likes of Lukaku, sanchez, fred, dalot cannot perform what to do?

If they cant perform, you do NOT renew them. What was the point of renewing Smalling and Jones? or even Shaw? Are they going to stop Mbappe? Neymar? Cavani? today? next week? Next year? or ever? These players are the level of Everton or even southampton and you expect them to win league or CL?
we won 15 games on the bounce, we will be fine

we.haf.a.beeg.squad

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:Mourinho with money? Sanchez, Dalot, Fred, Lukaku, at least one of them should be stepping up but have they? Answer? Throw more money away!

Mourinho can spend 200 million and play crap football! He is not the answer, OGS should be judged as well aganst the big teams, the feel good factor is gone, its business, yes he has performed credibly so far
he also bought pogba who did not step up tonight

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

danfo driver wrote:
marko wrote:

we beat Juve away.

That is what you should be asking the board, the only logical reason i would have thought was so they can get money from them at the end of the season, if their intentions are different from my thinking, then tonight they will be reminded that our first team is in the 2nd tier of the elite
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

tfco wrote:
marko wrote:Mourinho with money? Sanchez, Dalot, Fred, Lukaku, at least one of them should be stepping up but have they? Answer? Throw more money away!

Yes he had an off game tonight, the entire team did! You win some, you lose some, its that simple! Surely our run had to come to an end, am glad it was against European elite

Marko
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Coach wrote:
tfco wrote:i'm pissed man

pogba - no show
rashford - no show
rashford - no show

ref - should have sent of kimpembe
:agree:

and what about the Liver?

In Oshodi market :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

marko wrote:
tfco wrote:

Yes he had an off game tonight, the entire team did! You win some, you lose some, its that simple! Surely our run had to come to an end, am glad it was against European elite
Pogba did not have an off game. I know Pogba very well.

The fact is that Tuchel squeezed Pogba out of the game, tactically. If you watch Pogba, you will notice that every time the other team takes possession away from United and keep the ball well, Pogba looks lost and is unable to perform.

PSG knew exactly what to do to make Pogba anonymous and they did it, easily!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Pathetic. At home and a bunch of No Neymars, with a fraction of the manpower in the stands are ole'ing the sh*t out of you! Not even a reducer, has anyone checked the Liver?
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

tfco wrote:

That's the other problem, many of the star players regularly don't step up when it matters, and at least today there is no blaming Jose negative tactics at home.

At some point Ole will have to demand 100% from them all the time, that nice nice approach will go :thumbs:
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

tfco wrote:i feel we are primed for a big big night at OT
:clap:

Ou e le liver?
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

...ahhh the famous 'United way'

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

benteke wrote:
tfco wrote:

That's the other problem, many of the star players regularly don't step up when it matters, and at least today there is no blaming Jose negative tactics at home.

At some point Ole will have to demand 100% from them all the time, that nice nice approach will go :thumbs:
new manager bounce

the United Way

get rid of The Big Fella (3rd highest wage earner) to satisfy fans

say you're satisfied with the squad and cannot wait for the Jan transfer window to close

extend contracts to deadwood, so you can save money

...f'ucking no ambition investment bank (oops, football club)

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

txj wrote:
marko wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
txj wrote:
marko wrote:
I am here! I saw the game and PSG deserved to win as we did not take our slim and few chances, at this level, mistakes will be punished, PSG are in the top tier of European football, we are slowly getting back there

For me this was a win-win situation, it is good to see how far OGS has come so far, we are not there yet, just watching us continue to play despite 2 nil down is good enough

It is also good for the board to see the difference between united and teams like PSG without the likes of Neymar and Cavani, they are a strong team and winners of French league several times

I will not even talk about the referee because it bears no relevance on the game

I continue to repeat, i have written off this season, just getting back to playing good football is good enough, we should concentrate on finishing top 4 if we can!

It is also good the board has not rushed to any decision on OGS as these are the types of games we need to see how he performs and also important what is needed going forward

If we won this tie, the board will feel they do not have to spend money to streghten the squad, we are slowly getting there but in comparision to the top tier, we need to look at the squad and make changes and add players

7 weeks ago, we were in complete disarray, today at least we can look up and say, at least we are not far off! The likes of Barcelona, Real Madrid, City, Juventus, perhaps Bayern, PSG are in the top tier

For united to get to that level, we need to let some players go and we need to re-invest, its that simple and i am happy at least PSG reminded us of this fact!

It was said by Jose....
He thinks very highly of his team. Thats the funniest part of it all. And to be fair, Ole has made them quite overconfident. Anyone who knows football can watch Man United and know that the team is quite rubbish. They have very few talented players, and a large number of their talented players are either dumb or lazy, and that creates a lot of problems when you are trying to win. lets go through this-

1. De Gea - yes
2. Young - LOL
3. Bailly - NO
4. Lindelof - NO (Even marquinhos who is shafted to CM at PSG will be the best CB at United)
5. Shaw - LOL
6. Matic - LOL
7. Herrera - NO
8. Pogba - Yes
9. Martial - NO
10. Lingard - LOL
11. Rashford - NO

Now, only 2 players in United's 11 can get into PSG's starting 11. And you think you can compete? LOL
Names dont win games, players do, some of our players are good, some are definitely not good and some need to leave the club, i have repeated several times, at least 6-7 players need to leave, some are in their 30s

Personally i will wait till the end of the season and see what plans the board has for the club

Also i will stick my head out and say the likes of Pogba/ Rashford should consider moving if the club decides not to invest in players, especially Pogba, he should not sign any contract until he sees the board is serious about getting rid of some players! That i said but i will wait till the end of the season

The team may be lacking, but it is not near as bad as Jose made it out to be. He made them worse.

Just before he was fired, Jose spoke about picking up plenty of points in Dec/Jan/Feb. He clearly saw the fixture schedule was favorable.

But so did the wiley folks at United, who knew it was as good a run of games as u could wish to blood a rookie manager...
Without a doubt, Mourinho made them worse. However, dont be fooled, the team is very bad. United is like having the body of a ferarri with the engine of a 1992 motorcycle. Look at their problem areas:

CB
RB
LB
DM
RW

CB, RB, LB, and DM are the key positions of any team and yet, United has above average to below average players in that role. How are you going to win anything?
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

tfco wrote:...ahhh the famous 'United way'
Nothing we did not already know, we have to wait till the end of the season to see what the board will do, its that simple!

Marko
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

danfo driver wrote:
txj wrote:
marko wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
txj wrote:
marko wrote:

It was said by Jose....

1. De Gea - yes
2. Young - LOL
3. Bailly - NO
5. Shaw - LOL
6. Matic - LOL
7. Herrera - NO
8. Pogba - Yes
9. Martial - NO
10. Lingard - LOL
11. Rashford - NO

Without a doubt, Mourinho made them worse. However, dont be fooled, the team is very bad. United is like having the body of a ferarri with the engine of a 1992 motorcycle. Look at their problem areas:

CB
RB
LB
DM
RW

CB, RB, LB, and DM are the key positions of any team and yet, United has above average to below average players in that role. How are you going to win anything?

But, but, what happened to Mon Generale?

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

txj wrote: The team may be lacking, but it is not near as bad as Jose made it out to be. He made them worse.

average league position of team's beaten by Ole = 14

Jose was right on the money about the team
He needed money to IMPROVE FROM 2ND PLACE.
that is what pisses me off about the investment bankers at United

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

If United won today, we will feel everything is ok but sometimes we have to learn the hard way and i am glad it was PSG that showed the board the class apart!

I will wait till the end of the season and see what moves the club makes! If they dont invest in players, they are indeed doomed, i will even advice the likes of rashford/ pogba leaving

Marko
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Besides Man city and Liverpool there’s not a team in the EPL place in the top 3 in France, Spain , Italy or Germany. Fact!
OCCUPY NFF!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

marko wrote:If United won today, we will feel everything is ok but sometimes we have to learn the hard way and i am glad it was PSG that showed the board the class apart!

I will wait till the end of the season and see what moves the club makes! If they dont invest in players, they are indeed doomed, i will even advice the likes of rashford/ pogba leaving
Speak for yourself! :lol: :lol: I have been telling you, through the 10 wins and 1 draw that your team is full of average players and the players who are fantastically good are either dumb or lazy player or both. Nothing about this PSG game changes my mind, it reaffirms what I have always said.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:If United won today, we will feel everything is ok but sometimes we have to learn the hard way and i am glad it was PSG that showed the board the class apart!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

you_and_who

you're telling me you did not see we needed a CB, LB, RW back in August??
...after the Spurs win at Wembley?
..the Burnley game?
..the Leicester game?

mscheew

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S