Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by danfo driver »

marko wrote:
tfco wrote:...ahhh the famous 'United way'
Nothing we did not already know, we have to wait till the end of the season to see what the board will do, its that simple!
now you are trolling. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: [UCL] Man United (0-2) PSG

Post by anikulapo »

tfco wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Thoroughly Germain-Ed :taunt: :taunt:
you're trying too hard to be noticed.

we don't do Thursday nights you muppet

E dey pain You? :taunt: :taunt:

Soon you will be reduced to just EPL games Midgy :woot:

All that woofing for nada :mrgreen:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

That was some coaching clinic by Tuchel. Hell you could’ve played Almunia in goal for the Parisians and they would’ve still earned a clean sheet because United couldn’t get anything decent on goal .

Not his biggest fan but kudos to Tuchel :thumb: :thumb:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

danfo driver wrote:
marko wrote:
tfco wrote:...ahhh the famous 'United way'
Nothing we did not already know, we have to wait till the end of the season to see what the board will do, its that simple!
now you are trolling. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
no mind am
when we went on 15-game winning, the narrative was "we have a good squad", "Ole will improve the players", "DDG made 25 saves", "we will sell in the summer"

Now the tune is "we are not on that level"

we have not been on THAT level for years, winning Europa and finishing 2nd masked a LOT of the deficiencies within the 'big' squad

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cristao II wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
txj wrote:
marko wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:Where is Marko to tell us how it was JM's fault :)
I am here! I saw the game and PSG deserved to win as we did not take our slim and few chances, at this level, mistakes will be punished, PSG are in the top tier of European football, we are slowly getting back there

For me this was a win-win situation, it is good to see how far OGS has come so far, we are not there yet, just watching us continue to play despite 2 nil down is good enough

It is also good for the board to see the difference between united and teams like PSG without the likes of Neymar and Cavani, they are a strong team and winners of French league several times

I will not even talk about the referee because it bears no relevance on the game

I continue to repeat, i have written off this season, just getting back to playing good football is good enough, we should concentrate on finishing top 4 if we can!

It is also good the board has not rushed to any decision on OGS as these are the types of games we need to see how he performs and also important what is needed going forward

If we won this tie, the board will feel they do not have to spend money to streghten the squad, we are slowly getting there but in comparision to the top tier, we need to look at the squad and make changes and add players

7 weeks ago, we were in complete disarray, today at least we can look up and say, at least we are not far off! The likes of Barcelona, Real Madrid, City, Juventus, perhaps Bayern, PSG are in the top tier

For united to get to that level, we need to let some players go and we need to re-invest, its that simple and i am happy at least PSG reminded us of this fact!

Funny. I heard this after the Juve game at OT.

It was said by Jose....
He thinks very highly of his team. Thats the funniest part of it all. And to be fair, Ole has made them quite overconfident. Anyone who knows football can watch Man United and know that the team is quite rubbish. They have very few talented players, and a large number of their talented players are either dumb or lazy, and that creates a lot of problems when you are trying to win. lets go through this-

Can these players get into PSG-

1. De Gea - yes
2. Young - LOL
3. Bailly - NO
4. Lindelof - NO (Even marquinhos who is shafted to CM at PSG will be the best CB at United)
5. Shaw - LOL
6. Matic - LOL
7. Herrera - NO
8. Pogba - Yes
9. Martial - NO
10. Lingard - LOL
11. Rashford - NO

Now, only 2 players in United's 11 can get into PSG's starting 11. And you think you can compete? LOL
Not sure about Pogba. I see more potential from Marquinhos at CM than Pogba...
Pogba is not a CM. He is a number 10-- the best number 10 in the world.

I am not sure how you saw more potential in Marquinhos at CM, considering he didnt play CM yesterday, and I dont think he has ever played CM. He played as a DM. Did you watch the Lyon game? vs. PSG? Were Marquinhos was made to look like a caricature? :lol: Bro, dont use this match to judge any PSG player. Even the limp Draxler looked world class yesterday. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Easy to dominate when you are playing against this Manchester United side that has no fire inside them.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

anikulapo wrote:
tfco wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Thoroughly Germain-Ed :taunt: :taunt:
you're trying too hard to be noticed.

we don't do Thursday nights you muppet

E dey pain You? :taunt: :taunt:

Soon you will be reduced to just EPL games Midgy :woot:

All that woofing for nada :mrgreen:
how's your bunch of misfits faring in Europe

and that 25-game unbeaten run?

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Cristao II wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
txj wrote:
marko wrote:
I am here! I saw the game and PSG deserved to win as we did not take our slim and few chances, at this level, mistakes will be punished, PSG are in the top tier of European football, we are slowly getting back there

For me this was a win-win situation, it is good to see how far OGS has come so far, we are not there yet, just watching us continue to play despite 2 nil down is good enough

It is also good for the board to see the difference between united and teams like PSG without the likes of Neymar and Cavani, they are a strong team and winners of French league several times

I will not even talk about the referee because it bears no relevance on the game

I continue to repeat, i have written off this season, just getting back to playing good football is good enough, we should concentrate on finishing top 4 if we can!

It is also good the board has not rushed to any decision on OGS as these are the types of games we need to see how he performs and also important what is needed going forward

If we won this tie, the board will feel they do not have to spend money to streghten the squad, we are slowly getting there but in comparision to the top tier, we need to look at the squad and make changes and add players

7 weeks ago, we were in complete disarray, today at least we can look up and say, at least we are not far off! The likes of Barcelona, Real Madrid, City, Juventus, perhaps Bayern, PSG are in the top tier

For united to get to that level, we need to let some players go and we need to re-invest, its that simple and i am happy at least PSG reminded us of this fact!

It was said by Jose....
He thinks very highly of his team. Thats the funniest part of it all. And to be fair, Ole has made them quite overconfident. Anyone who knows football can watch Man United and know that the team is quite rubbish. They have very few talented players, and a large number of their talented players are either dumb or lazy, and that creates a lot of problems when you are trying to win. lets go through this-

1. De Gea - yes
2. Young - LOL
3. Bailly - NO
4. Lindelof - NO (Even marquinhos who is shafted to CM at PSG will be the best CB at United)
5. Shaw - LOL
6. Matic - LOL
7. Herrera - NO
8. Pogba - Yes
9. Martial - NO
10. Lingard - LOL
11. Rashford - NO

Now, only 2 players in United's 11 can get into PSG's starting 11. And you think you can compete? LOL
He has to put him since he's been waxing about him, even though his performances since he moved to Man U don't show he should be included.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

danfo driver wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
txj wrote:
marko wrote:

It was said by Jose....

1. De Gea - yes
2. Young - LOL
3. Bailly - NO
5. Shaw - LOL
6. Matic - LOL
7. Herrera - NO
8. Pogba - Yes
9. Martial - NO
10. Lingard - LOL
11. Rashford - NO

I am not sure how you saw more potential in Marquinhos at CM, considering he didnt play CM yesterday, and I dont think he has ever played CM. He played as a DM. Did you watch the Lyon game? vs. PSG? Were Marquinhos was made to look like a caricature? :lol: Bro, dont use this match to judge any PSG player. Even the limp Draxler looked world class yesterday. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Easy to dominate when you are playing against this Manchester United side that has no fire inside them.
You miss my point - It was a deliberate statement. Of course Marquinhos played DM. I deliberately said that I see more potential in Marqunihos as a CM than Pogba.

And Pogba is a CM - a box to box CM. Best no. 10 - not going to even go there.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Spicyee
Egg
Egg

Post by Spicyee »

It was fun watching Verratti boss this game. What a baller!
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

Cristao II wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
txj wrote:
marko wrote:

It was said by Jose....

1. De Gea - yes
2. Young - LOL
3. Bailly - NO
5. Shaw - LOL
6. Matic - LOL
7. Herrera - NO
8. Pogba - Yes
9. Martial - NO
10. Lingard - LOL
11. Rashford - NO

You miss my point - It was a deliberate statement. Of course Marquinhos played DM. I deliberately said that I see more potential in Marqunihos as a CM than Pogba.

How could you guys blame the players? United was out-coached. PSG had 5 defensive midfielders and we had 2.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

joplass wrote: How could you guys blame the players? United was out-coached. PSG had 5 defensive midfielders and we had 2.
:shock:

is this sarcasm?

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Spicyee wrote:It was fun watching Verratti boss this game. What a baller!
Veratti, Verathai, Verathum
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cristao II wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
txj wrote:
marko wrote:

It was said by Jose....

1. De Gea - yes
2. Young - LOL
3. Bailly - NO
5. Shaw - LOL
6. Matic - LOL
7. Herrera - NO
8. Pogba - Yes
9. Martial - NO
10. Lingard - LOL
11. Rashford - NO

Beauty about opinions is that you have yours and I have mine. We “ain’t gotta” agree! :lol:

And oh! You can say whatever you like, not gonna change the fact that Pogba is a 10 And there is literally nothing you can do about that. Ignoring the fact that he has played 90% of his career as a 10, presently, he plays as a 10, with Herrera as the 6 (CM).

And Yes, do not go there. We all saw Pogba and Erickson on the same pitch, we all know what happened
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

tfco wrote:
joplass wrote: How could you guys blame the players? United was out-coached. PSG had 5 defensive midfielders and we had 2.

is this sarcasm?
Who were the 5 defensive midfielders though? Verratti and Marquinos were their two CM's and they just kept passing around Manure b/c everybody on their team is comfortable with the ball at their feet (so it made it look like they were more players in midfield), same can't be said about Manure and their butchers in defense who just boot everywhere.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

maceo4 wrote:
tfco wrote:

is this sarcasm?
Who were the 5 defensive midfielders though? Verratti and Marquinos were their two CM's and they just kept passing around Manure b/c everybody on their team is comfortable with the ball at their feet (so it made it look like they were more players in midfield), same can't be said about Manure and their butchers in defense who just boot everywhere.
That is the point that joplass could be missing.
What many are accepting here is that PSG squad is on a level above United in terms of quality, even when their best players are out the manager can still field a squad of players that can deal with anything from United level of squad comfortably.
As such it can make it easier for the PSG coach to implement his tactics well.
Once the United manager lost Martial and Lingard to injury, he was in trouble, in what we already a difficult operation.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

benteke wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
tfco wrote:

is this sarcasm?
What many are accepting here is that PSG squad is on a level above United in terms of quality, even when their best players are out the manager can still field a squad of players that can deal with anything from United level of squad comfortably.
Once the United manager lost Martial and Lingard to injury, he was in trouble, in what we already a difficult operation.
"they cannot build the game...from the back"

hmmm, it would be_nice_if_we_could_buy_WC_defenders

MUFC 'fans'...no no no, we have good defenders...we have already spent $2B on defenders...let's continue allowing Glazernomics to cloud our dumb vision

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

tfco wrote:
benteke wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
tfco wrote:

is this sarcasm?
"they cannot build the game...from the back"

hmmm, it would be_nice_if_we_could_buy_WC_defenders

MUFC 'fans'...no no no, we have good defenders...we have already spent $2B on defenders...let's continue allowing Glazernomics to cloud our dumb vision
You can still win the return leg 3-0. :smile:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Man Utd about to shell 40 million for Bailly

Post by txj »

:bump:

Mon generale...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

danfo driver wrote:Yea, above average talent that made your Liverpool look like handicapped pigs in the Europa League. Only reason your team won the second leg was because Bailley was injured and didnt play. In the first leg, he made your boys look like the kiddies that they are. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

As for your assessment, it just shows who you are-- a guy who says a lot, without saying/knowing anything. For Bailey's height, he is actually not as strong aerially. That is one aspect of the game he needs to improve. Go online and search for his aeriel stats from last season and I think it was just above 50%, which is very poor for a Central Back.

Watch football more, okay?
txj wrote:Bailly is an above average talent and can be coached up; a little bit like Taribo West...but he's not a top CB talent...
Tends to lunge into tackles, has difficulty reading the game sometimes, but is quite strong aerially and can play the ball out of defence. Bit of a surprise they have gone for him tbh....

YUJAM wrote:You are the only one making this a racial issue. The pt is EPL teams are paying too much for players these days whether they are black or white. Villarreal paid around 5 million for Bailly two seasons ago when he came up through the Espanyol youth ranks
danfo driver wrote:
kajifu wrote:
danfo driver wrote:Yes, spending 19 millón pounds on an African is too much. spending 33 million pounds on a Swiss cheese and 22 million pounds on a 29 year old British man is shrewd business. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Guardiola is going to pay 39 million pounds for laporte. But because laporte is a white boy, The inferior natives have no problem with it. But an African costing 19 million pounds is drama :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Lol
You no see how colomentality be? This same man United and Mourinho were talking with everton regarding 40m pounds John Stones, The natives said nothing. Man United and Mourinho were talking to Roma about 31m pounds Manolas, the inferior minded natives said nothing. :rotf: :rotf:

But as soon as United wants to pay 19m pounds for an African, the World has ended. Truly, Africans deserve all the pain they get. Colomental things. :curse:

:bump: :bump:
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Odd criticism, team was poor as a whole yesterday but otherwise Bailly with Lindelof has been their best pairing.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

That burst of acceleration by Mbappe for the second goal was simply electrifying. Every time he got the ball, my heart thudded in my chest. Have not had that sort of worry about an opposition player at Old Trafford since the days of Henry and Brazilian Ronaldo.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

wiseone wrote:That burst of acceleration by Mbappe for the second goal was simply electrifying. Every time he got the ball, my heart thudded in my chest. Have not had that sort of worry about an opposition player at Old Trafford since the days of Henry and Brazilian Ronaldo.
the speed in the 1H on the touchline..that is what scared me.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Like I said, United must do everything within its power to get Pochettino. Nothing else will do.