Jordan Sancho: The epitome of Guardiola's hatred for Youth

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
yomiabudu
Egg
Egg
Re: Jordan Sancho: The epitome of Guardiola's hatred for You

Post by yomiabudu »

danfo driver wrote:Why did Pep try to destroy Sancho and ship him out?

City had Sterling, Sane a Silva (at the time, the Portuguese was seen as a winger), and Sancho wanted to be promoted. Pep could have promoted him and made him the 4th choice winger. Instead, Pep demanded the purchase of Riyadh Mahrez. As far as he was concerned, Sancho was too young. He ignored the kid and was angry that the kid asked to be promoted. In retaliation, he refused to take the kid on the pre-season tour and tried to destroy the kid.

While Guardiola went on to spend another 60 million to get Mahrez. Sancho left to Dortmund and has established himself as one of the best wingers in Europe.

Man City has one of the best youth programs in Europe, yet, Pep has refused to promote players. TIme and time again, he spends 50 million to bring in established stars. Why? is it because he is afraid to play youth and only wants ready-made success?

I wonder what Pep does every time he sees Sancho play. It must truly hurt him to his soul.
Sancho left the club before Mahrez arrived, Pep did everything to keep Sancho at the time, The player decided to leave obviously because of competition in his role as a winger, would you choose Sancho ahead of Sterling, Sane, Bernado, even at that period, Pep was still in pursuit of Sanchez from Arsenal. Pep develops youth as you can see with Foden, City arguably has the best squad in europe, such array of talents, even if Sancho (on current form) is still in the club now, he will still struggle to make the bench, Even Mahrez haven't started a league game this year.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

yomiabudu wrote:

City had Sterling, Sane a Silva (at the time, the Portuguese was seen as a winger), and Sancho wanted to be promoted. Pep could have promoted him and made him the 4th choice winger. Instead, Pep demanded the purchase of Riyadh Mahrez. As far as he was concerned, Sancho was too young. He ignored the kid and was angry that the kid asked to be promoted. In retaliation, he refused to take the kid on the pre-season tour and tried to destroy the kid.

While Guardiola went on to spend another 60 million to get Mahrez. Sancho left to Dortmund and has established himself as one of the best wingers in Europe.

Man City has one of the best youth programs in Europe, yet, Pep has refused to promote players. TIme and time again, he spends 50 million to bring in established stars. Why? is it because he is afraid to play youth and only wants ready-made success?

I wonder what Pep does every time he sees Sancho play. It must truly hurt him to his soul.
Sancho left the club before Mahrez arrived, Pep did everything to keep Sancho at the time, The player decided to leave obviously because of competition in his role as a winger,
The mistake most people on Cybereagles make is that they think they know more football than I do. This is a grave mistake. 99 per cent of you do not.

To make the comment above is simply to assume that you think I did not know what happened. The Pep who you claimed "did everything to keep Sancho," REFUSED TO TAKE SANCHO ON PRE-SEASON. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Took a bunch of other youth players, but was upset at Sancho because the kid asked to be promoted. Lets stick to facts here!
would you choose Sancho ahead of Sterling, Sane, Bernado, even at that period,
At that period, I would have simply done what the kid was happy about-- promote him and give him the chance to compete.

Right now, Sancho will be a starter for City as a winger. As a winger, he is presently performing better than Sane and Bernado (bernardo is no longer playing as a winger for City). Problem is that most of you only watch EPL.
Pep was still in pursuit of Sanchez from Arsenal.
Of course he was! He is only interested in ready-made product and spending money up and down.
Pep develops youth as you can see with Foden,
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

City arguably has the best squad in europe, such array of talents, even if Sancho (on current form) is still in the club now, he will still struggle to make the bench, Even Mahrez haven't started a league game this year.
You are right! Pep wouldnt give him a chance. he'd be rotten in the reserves like the rest of their youth players.

P.s-- let me give you advice, go and watch other leagues and not pidgeon hole yourself into EPL. If you think Sancho would not walk into the City line up, then you have not watched him this season. dey dia! :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Is Pep watching Sancho rip Tottenham to shreds and weeping into his pillow? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Disappeared in the second-half, didn’t track back much, unlikely to bench Sane, Bernardo or Sterling at this stage. Very talented however, brilliant close control.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

danfo driver wrote:Is Pep watching Sancho rip Tottenham to shreds and weeping into his pillow? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
You spoke too soon sha.

The boy des have very good ball control..and can run with the ball he nearly broke Sanchez and Sissokho's waist
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Siddonlook11 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:Is Pep watching Sancho rip Tottenham to shreds and weeping into his pillow? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
You spoke too soon sha.

The boy des have very good ball control..and can run with the ball he nearly broke Sanchez and Sissokho's waist
No, I didnt. I spoke exactly when I wanted to speak. He tortured Spurs in that first half and represented his qualities this season. That move he did on Sanchez should be banned in any civilized nation. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guardiola must weep everytime he hears the name, Sancho.
yomiabudu
Egg
Egg

Post by yomiabudu »

danfo driver wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:
You spoke too soon sha.

No, I didnt. I spoke exactly when I wanted to speak. He tortured Spurs in that first half and represented his qualities this season. That move he did on Sanchez should be banned in any civilized nation. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bro, please don’t get emotional, The Sancho I saw tonight won’t still make city’s bench, you claim we don’t watch other leagues, but please tell us your acessment of the Top team in the Bundesliga against the 3rd team in the premier league tonight
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

yomiabudu wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:
You spoke too soon sha.

Bro, please don’t get emotional,
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
The Sancho I saw tonight won’t still make city’s bench, you claim we don’t watch other leagues, but please tell us your acessment of the Top team in the Bundesliga against the 3rd team in the premier league tonight
:lol: :lol:
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Mr. Piffington wrote:This is so petty and tiring. You people need to understand something: as long as Pep is winning and is successful then none of this matters.

Why did Chelsea get rid of DeBruyne? Why did Barcelona get rid of Thiago? A team can only fit so many players and not everyone will play. Get over yourselves.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

what of Arsenal that were asleep and didnt go get the kid?
Incorrect.
Ah ah, Waffi, na you tell us about this kid o. You even mentioned that he was friends with one of our youth players, and we were likely to get him
Chief, Wenger confirming it and more.

Even till he left Arsenal, Wenger was still interested in signing him. He had agreements in principle and I am aware the club are still following Wenger's initial work.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

How many big clubs these days develop their own players? The money in the game is so large these days they can buy ready products rather than developing them. Its like building your own house versus buying one that is ready. Sure building on your own is probably more satisfying and you may save on costs but at the end of the day the result is the same. Remember also that there is an opportunity cost to grooming your own players; it can take years to develop a winning team and during that period you might lose out on additional CL, merchandise, ticket revenue, etc.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

I have to laugh at the people here who think this thread is about football. It is about hatred for Guardiola due to groupie love for Borinho.
http://www.naijiant.com/
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

cic old boy wrote:I have to laugh at the people here who think this thread is about football. It is about hatred for Guardiola due to groupie love for Borinho.

:lol: :lol:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

cic old boy wrote:I have to laugh at the people here who think this thread is about football. It is about hatred for Guardiola due to groupie love for Borinho.
Kpom....the buffoon called danfo aka yaya aka okokobrinko has zero shame.
I have never seen a shameless 1diot like this groupie of a 'football-coward'.

Some folks are demented and sick.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Daft thread opened by Mourinho gay lover.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

zee wrote: Kpom....the buffoon called danfo aka yaya aka okokobrinko has zero shame.

The last time I saw this sort of thing was teenage girls crazy about Michael Jackson. Somebody better notify Borinho that the boy has the potential to be a stalker. The only reason is not camping outside Borinho's house is he can't afford a flight ticket.

Any player/coach that has the slightest problem with Borinho is like his enemy for life - Rafa, Pep, Wenger, Hazard, Emenalo (the boy celebrated when he was sacked by Chelsea and Monaco). He will defend any Borinho signing until the player falls out with Borinho. It's worse than groupie love. It is a dangerous obsession. The boy needs professional help.
http://www.naijiant.com/
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

cic old boy wrote:
zee wrote: Kpom....the buffoon called danfo aka yaya aka okokobrinko has zero shame.

The last time I saw this sort of thing was teenage girls crazy about Michael Jackson. Somebody better notify Borinho that the boy has the potential to be a stalker. The only reason is not camping outside Borinho's house is he can't afford a flight ticket.

Any player/coach that has the slightest problem with Borinho is like his enemy for life - Rafa, Pep, Wenger, Hazard, Emenalo (the boy celebrated when he was sacked by Chelsea and Monaco). He will defend any Borinho signing until the player falls out with Borinho. It's worse than groupie love. It is a dangerous obsession. The boy needs professional help.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

City wanted Jordan to stay but the boy knew his chance of playing regularly is brighter somewhere else.
He took a risk and believed in his own ability.
Other EPL clubs wanted him, including Spurs.
He chose Dortmund because of their philosophy of giving youth a chance, contrary to City's policy of buying the best rather than looking within.
One could argue their philosophy chased him away
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

what of Arsenal that were asleep and didnt go get the kid?
Wenger tried. The rest is history.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Isn’t this what happened with Pogba? It would add meat to the matter had Guardiola then spent 100Ms to bring him back. Of course, the exponential rise of King Raheem goes unmentioned, doesn’t fit the narrative. In closing, sad to see what’s become of Lukaku, that stereotypical, early 90s centre-forward, brought in by a tactical Dorian Gray, who refused to age with the times.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

pajimoh wrote:City wanted Jordan to stay but the boy knew his chance of playing regularly is brighter somewhere else.
He took a risk and believed in his own ability.
Other EPL clubs wanted him, including Spurs.
He chose Dortmund because of their philosophy of giving youth a chance, contrary to City's policy of buying the best rather than looking within.
One could argue their philosophy chased him away
Forget his move to Dortmund which I talked about too. But I am actually referring to when he was an unknown kid and Arsenal lost out to City, when he moved from Watford.

The move made him and his family rich. It also gave him the platform to reject larger financial offers choosing Dortmund a few years later.

I have serious respect for the kid with the way he has handled his career so far.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Heliopolis wrote:How many big clubs these days develop their own players? The money in the game is so large these days they can buy ready products rather than developing them. Its like building your own house versus buying one that is ready. Sure building on your own is probably more satisfying and you may save on costs but at the end of the day the result is the same. Remember also that there is an opportunity cost to grooming your own players; it can take years to develop a winning team and during that period you might lose out on additional CL, merchandise, ticket revenue, etc.
You do have a point regarding big clubs struggling to develop players, as they are more interested in winning now! But what concerns me here is why Guardiola tried to destroy the career of Sancho and Diaz. Why did he try to destroy Iheanacho also?

City has said over and over again that they have a top top youth set up, yet, Guardiola refuses to use it. instead he seems to be only able to win carabao cups with 60 million pounds full backs.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

bret- hart wrote:Daft thread opened by Mourinho gay lover.
I know you are deeply hurt by Guardiola's actions, and thats is why I have called for everyoe to disuss this matter. Why did Guardiola try to destroy sancho? That is the question we need to answer. What do you think?