Why does Fernandiho get away with bookable offends?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Why does Fernandiho get away with bookable offends?

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Coach wrote:De Jong aka Field Marshall, one of the best to ever do it. Brought back the reducer and issued a catalogue worthy of any Best of...archives. One of the true greats.
Thank you! That guy was a BEAST!
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Nothing subtle about NDJ. His fouls were blatant, obvious, x-rated brutality. Not like the Van Bommel, Fernandinho, and Andrew Smith types who "accidentally" run into you with cute fouls.
Coach wrote:De Jong aka Field Marshall, one of the best to ever do it. Brought back the reducer and issued a catalogue worthy of any Best of...archives. One of the true greats.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

I never like this Fernandinho and I have pray for some one to give him a piece of his own dose.Very dirty player
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

wiseone wrote:Nothing subtle about NDJ. His fouls were blatant, obvious, x-rated brutality. Not like the Van Bommel, Fernandinho, and Andrew Smith types who "accidentally" run into you with cute fouls.
Field Marshall.
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

I don't understand why some of us celebrate this sort of thuggery. The best players are able to win the ball due to their superior ability to read the game, not due to kung fu tactics. Maldini was among the best defenders ever and he rarely needed to touch an opponent to gain possession.
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

The fact that nobody mentioned Moussa Sissoko is testament to how good the man is. Sissoko has turned clumsy fouling into an art-form.

Fernandinho is good....yellow card here and there......but Sissoko is an artist....no cards....warnings here and there.
Last edited by bk-one on Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Heliopolis wrote:I don't understand why some of us celebrate this sort of thuggery. The best players are able to win the ball due to their superior ability to read the game, not due to kung fu tactics. Maldini was among the best defenders ever and he rarely needed to touch an opponent to gain possession.

we learned from the best....Cameroon :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: Miss ball, don't miss leg
AFCON 2019 sweet o

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Heliopolis wrote:I don't understand why some of us celebrate this sort of thuggery. The best players are able to win the ball due to their superior ability to read the game, not due to kung fu tactics. Maldini was among the best defenders ever and he rarely needed to touch an opponent to gain possession.

That's because Italy ALWAYS had designated ENFORCERS...Gentile, "milder" Bergomi, Albertini, Gattuso, etc :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
AFCON 2019 sweet o

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Don't mind Helio, he's being deliberately disingenuous. For all time, the game has mandated the necessity of the enforcer, one skilled in the dark arts to cause sufficient disruption to the plans of the opposition. What sayegh the magician to the heckler bellowing, its up your sleeve, before the prestige. Not much a magician at all. Exactly.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Maldini is ne of the greatest defenders of all time and was assisted by having a bunch of paid assassins playing alongside him at times. Hence he had no need to resort to extreme physicality (since he was a brilliant player as well).
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

That's because Italy ALWAYS had designated ENFORCERS...Gentile, "milder" Bergomi, Albertini, Gattuso, etc :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Man i used to like Gattuso, a rottweiler par excellence, biting at every moving ball.

People must also take note that Ngolo Kante the finest of that kind nowadays when in his nature DM position used to eat yellow cards for breakfast, and refs were even lenient to him. :rotf:
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

tfco wrote:
Offering a free shiatsu. Kane should be grateful, got saved a couple hundred pounds.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Dirty twunt. Rose gave him his own medicine yesterday. Lamela should be sent to take the guy out. Pity Dier is not fit. That man is Pochettino's on field assassin.

PS you forgot to show the knee in the back as they went for the ball.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

If this cvnt doesn't get banned for this then UEFA is ultra useless
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Reminds me of 1994 world cup, they took out Amunike and Amokachi in first half
Oya back to the matter
open and close
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Fernandinho's dad must be the chairman of the ref's panel. How on earth did he stay on the pitch after aiming an elbow at Kane's head, missing, then trying a second time elbow and connecting, then pushing Kane's head into the ground for good measure. Then in the second half, he scythed down a Spurs player and the ref again ignored it. He should have been given 3 yellow cards at least.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

tfco wrote:
Such a dirty player who always gets away with murder. I can't stand him. Once you win the ball look for him to commit an intentional rough foul to kill your counter attack. The key phrase is 'rough foul'. :boo: :boo: ... Anyway, UEFA is a corrupt joke of an organization so I'm not surprised. Their selective use of VAR to benefit the bigger teams is especially comical and shameful at the same damn time. :rotf:
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

i don' think VAR can be used for such fouls, I could be wrong

Fernandinho gets away with it a lot in the league... i was shocked he got away in the CL too

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

wiseone wrote:Fernandinho's dad must be the chairman of the ref's panel. How on earth did he stay on the pitch after aiming an elbow at Kane's head, missing, then trying a second time elbow and connecting, then pushing Kane's head into the ground for good measure. Then in the second half, he scythed down a Spurs player and the ref again ignored it. He should have been given 3 yellow cards at least.
Sharap, he’s doing a great job :thumbs:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

maceo4 wrote:
wiseone wrote:Fernandinho's dad must be the chairman of the ref's panel. How on earth did he stay on the pitch after aiming an elbow at Kane's head, missing, then trying a second time elbow and connecting, then pushing Kane's head into the ground for good measure. Then in the second half, he scythed down a Spurs player and the ref again ignored it. He should have been given 3 yellow cards at least.
Sharap, he’s doing a great job :thumbs:

:woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:
AFCON 2019 sweet o