Jordan Sancho: The epitome of Guardiola's hatred for Youth

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg
Re: Jordan Sancho: The epitome of Guardiola's hatred for You

Post by kalani JR »

danfo driver wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
pajimoh wrote:City wanted Jordan to stay but the boy knew his chance of playing regularly is brighter somewhere else.
He took a risk and believed in his own ability.
Other EPL clubs wanted him, including Spurs.
He chose Dortmund because of their philosophy of giving youth a chance, contrary to City's policy of buying the best rather than looking within.
One could argue their philosophy chased him away
But if you remember that summer, Sancho was ready and willing to stay. However, Guardiola got upset and refused to take him on pre-season tour because the kid asked to be given a chance. For me, I think that is the number one problem here. He wanted to bully the boy.

We need to understand why a coach who is seen as the youth promoter has been unable to work with and promote youth at Bayern and now City.
IIRC was taken off the pre-season squad because he refused to sign a senior contract and went to London to hide. He didn't sign the contract because he wasn't sure about how many games he would get with two young wingers who would limit his playing time.
Why was Guardiola unable and unwilling to convince him? Isnt it the duty of the coach to convince a young player that he will give him games? How did Guardiola convince a 28 year old Mahrez to leave Leicester and sit on City's bench, but could not convince a youth product that he will give him minutes?
Mahrez being ten years older was likely less concerned about limited minutes if it meant a Champions League challenge. Sancho, Brahim and Foden were all promised roles in the pre season of 2017, Sancho decided to bet on himself and sign elsewhere. FWIW they all played around the same number of games last season but the ones who stayed at City got winners medals. Also it has to acknowledge that Sancho was very fortunate that Dortmund had an mini injury crisis last season (plus people like Isak where stinking up the place) and took full advantage.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

kalani JR wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
pajimoh wrote:City wanted Jordan to stay but the boy knew his chance of playing regularly is brighter somewhere else.
He chose Dortmund because of their philosophy of giving youth a chance, contrary to City's policy of buying the best rather than looking within.
But if you remember that summer, Sancho was ready and willing to stay. However, Guardiola got upset and refused to take him on pre-season tour because the kid asked to be given a chance. For me, I think that is the number one problem here. He wanted to bully the boy.

We need to understand why a coach who is seen as the youth promoter has been unable to work with and promote youth at Bayern and now City.
IIRC was taken off the pre-season squad because he refused to sign a senior contract and went to London to hide. He didn't sign the contract because he wasn't sure about how many games he would get with two young wingers who would limit his playing time.
Why was Guardiola unable and unwilling to convince him? Isnt it the duty of the coach to convince a young player that he will give him games? How did Guardiola convince a 28 year old Mahrez to leave Leicester and sit on City's bench, but could not convince a youth product that he will give him minutes?
Mahrez being ten years older was likely less concerned about limited minutes if it meant a Champions League challenge. Sancho, Brahim and Foden were all promised roles in the pre season of 2017, Sancho decided to bet on himself and sign elsewhere. FWIW they all played around the same number of games last season but the ones who stayed at City got winners medals. Also it has to acknowledge that Sancho was very fortunate that Dortmund had an mini injury crisis last season (plus people like Isak where stinking up the place) and took full advantage.

So what you are saying is that it’s okay for a coach not to keep a young player and go out and purchase a 70 million pound player to sit on the bench? Just trying to understand the accepted norms here. I am here to learn, brethren, I am here to learn
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

danfo driver wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

So what you are saying is that it’s okay for a coach not to keep a young player and go out and purchase a 70 million pound player to sit on the bench? Just trying to understand the accepted norms here. I am here to learn, brethren, I am here to learn
I don't know why you are trying to understand something that is clear and you know the truth.Pep is not interested in youth product in his club but ready first team players.He prefer to buy and fix the problem than look within.The is a reason they call him check book coach,the good thing is play beauty football after spending,Did not he give Eto'o plus 40 million for Ibra?One year later let Ibra go and people say our mouth is smelling for asking question about Pep?Pep is not good with youth players,that department is for guys like Wenger
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

danfo driver wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

I'm not saying that since Mahrez came a season after Sancho left.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

kalani JR wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

I'm not saying that since Mahrez came a season after Sancho left.

Okay. So was it the right decision to let most of City's best young players leave? iheanacho? Sancho? Diaz? and Raby Matondo, who has now moved to Schalke???? Why does he not want to take the time to improve the youth players?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

What a shame! To be treated like this in front of your family members who heard that you were on the bench today. You invited them to support you and to celebrate the opportunity to see you play, since you rarely play. Only to be humiliated by your coach and brought in during the last 3 minutes. I feel sorry for the kid. He doesn't deserve this.

Sancho knew! He knew and quickly make the move! Look at him now...
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Man City's starting line up vs Div 2 Team in Fa Cup

------------------------- Ederson ---------------------------

Walker------Otamendi-------------------Laporte ---------Delph

---------Silva-----------Gundogan--------David Silva---------

--Mahrez------------------Jesus-------------Sane------------

What do the kids have to do to get a game under this man! Why does he continue to destroy them? FA cup! Div 2 opponent, yet, this man is afraid to play youth players. WHy? oh! why? oh! Why? :(
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Couldn’t agree more, notwithstanding the convenient that has Raheem Sterling bizarrely absent from debate. Racist, ageist Pep has worked wonders with the young coloured chap.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Coach wrote:Couldn’t agree more, notwithstanding the convenient that has Raheem Sterling bizarrely absent from debate. Racist, ageist Pep has worked wonders with the young coloured chap.
Coach,

My take is not whether Pep is racist or not. Just want to make a point.

Racism charge is based on establishing a pattern. By showing one example of liking one colored person is not enough to prevent a charge of racism if that individual has used race to dismiss 12 others. In essence, there is something called tokenism. It does and should not absolve someone from charges of racism.

Of course, the above should be taken as a general statement as I have not in any way completed research to make a claim either way on whether Pep is racist or not.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

danfo driver wrote:Man City's starting line up vs Div 2 Team in Fa Cup

------------------------- Ederson ---------------------------

Walker------Otamendi-------------------Laporte ---------Delph

---------Silva-----------Gundogan--------David Silva---------

--Mahrez------------------Jesus-------------Sane------------

What do the kids have to do to get a game under this man! Why does he continue to destroy them? FA cup! Div 2 opponent, yet, this man is afraid to play youth players. WHy? oh! why? oh! Why? :(
His first team well lucky as ref help them beat a div 2 team..
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

What could have been for City, but Guardiola's hatred for young players destroyed the dream of All City fans!

[/video]
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

A first competitive debut for his country at Wembley! I wonder what Pep is thinking now....

He did all he could to destroy the young man, but he couldnt! :clap:

[/video]
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

danfo driver wrote:A first competitive debut for his country at Wembley! I wonder what Pep is thinking now....

[/video]
Watch him offer 90 million to buy him back :boo: :boo:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

kajifu wrote:
danfo driver wrote:A first competitive debut for his country at Wembley! I wonder what Pep is thinking now....

[/video]
Watch him offer 90 million to buy him back :boo: :boo:
checkbook manager! :oops:
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

[/video]
Really.

Please report Pep to the club management so you can have peace.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

nemi2002 wrote:

[/video]
Really.

Please report Pep to the club management so you can have peace.
i agree with you bro, Pep will never have peace!

Its a shame how he tried to destroy this young boy.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Sancho continues to humiliate Guardiola! If he goes to United, that will be a serious slap on the face of Guardiola.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

http://www.naijiant.com/
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

cic old boy wrote:
I saw this coming. :D :thumbs: :clap:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

from today's game :clap: :clap: Yet, a Fraud decided to spend 80 million for Mahrez and put Mahrez on the bench. :oops:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Na so we see am o :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Onyekuru tipped by bild to replace Sancho in the summer.
Last edited by Dammy on Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am happy