[MUFC] Ole Gunnar Solksjaer (Mar 28, 2019)...

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg
Re: [MUFC] Ole Gunnar Solksjaer

Post by kalani JR »

He's getting the job.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Well he should insist on geeting a free hamd to make changes, some players need to leave, somw are too old, its time for some academy players to step up

Was dissapointed with Bailly today, worse game, dont care if he was played out of position
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

bailly is not a RB so i won't fault him

should have started dalot

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

tfco wrote:bailly is not a RB so i won't fault him

Dalot will be a helllll of a player, trickery, confident
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

:thumbs: :clap: :clap:
OK the boy has transformed the team. Well done Man U
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Its only Spurs, only Arsenal, only PSG, this result will send shock waves around Europe! Just hope our injury situation improves

On current form, Lukaku gets back his centre position, i can be humble to say this!

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:Its only Spurs, only Arsenal, only PSG, this result will send shock waves around Europe! Just hope our injury situation improves

On current form, Lukaku gets back his centre position, i can be humble to say this!
that's my striker, you are forgiven

yes rashford will score goals, BUT Lukaku is a very good striker

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

It was more than that! Bailly played RB at Villareal and looked good.

He is completely out of form and unfit-- I dont mean injured-- as in lacks match fitness.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

danfo driver wrote:

It was more than that! Bailly played RB at Villareal and looked good.

He is completely out of form and unfit-- I dont mean injured-- as in lacks match fitness.
Worse game i have seen Bailly, just hope he gets back his confidence, Smalling has taken his spot

Marko
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

He also has a first touch like R Kelly's. He has pace, power, and can finish. However his first touch is absolutely deplorable for a pro footballer. At times in the 2nd half, PSG players actually let the ball get to Lukaku, then waited for the ball to inevitably bounce off and away from his foot before taking it away.

tfco wrote:
marko wrote:Its only Spurs, only Arsenal, only PSG, this result will send shock waves around Europe! Just hope our injury situation improves

Last edited by wiseone on Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

wiseone wrote:He also has a first touch like R Kelly's. He has pace, power, and can finish. However his first touch is absolutely deplorable for a pro footballer. At times in the 2nd half, PSG players actually let the ball get to Lukaku, then waited for the ball to inevitably bounce off and way from his foot before taking it away.

tfco wrote:

Lukaku will have to improve that first touch, yes he is on form but many balls just seem to go through him, if the ball is played near the box, he is indeed dangerous

Marko
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

http://www.naijiant.com/
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:
wiseone wrote:He also has a first touch like R Kelly's. He has pace, power, and can finish. However his first touch is absolutely deplorable for a pro footballer. At times in the 2nd half, PSG players actually let the ball get to Lukaku, then waited for the ball to inevitably bounce off and way from his foot before taking it away.

tfco wrote:

Lukaku will have to improve that first touch, yes he is on form but many balls just seem to go through him, if the ball is played near the box, he is indeed dangerous
The Inheritance Merchant was ready to sell Aguero last season

A world class striker is a world class striker...they all go through bad spells

At the time we got him, there was nobody better in the market

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

cic old boy wrote:
exactly, if he is offered the job, he needs to be backed off with transfer funds, there should be casualties

Jones
Young
mata
Sanchez

probables
bailly
Fred

Think we are 4 players short of challenging for the premiership and champions league but they should integrate those youngsters into the 1st team

Marko
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

United --> Winner. OGS :thumbs:
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Funny enough I thought Fred had his best ever game for Man Utd last night (I know that is not saying much based on his past performances!). He did not do much going forward, but was very tenacious defensively and put in a great shift. Young McTominay also played the best game of his career.

Jonesy is actually a good player when he is fit enough to play (admittedly not very often). If Jonesy is on the eviction list, then Mark Red should be too because he is the only player on the planet with a worse injury record than Jones. Red has spent nearly 50% of his Man Utd career injured! (the worst injury record in world football) Any employee who called in sick 50% of the time would get sacked.
marko wrote: exactly, if he is offered the job, he needs to be backed off with transfer funds, there should be casualties

Jones
Young
mata
Sanchez

probables
bailly
Fred

Think we are 4 players short of challenging for the premiership and champions league but they should integrate those youngsters into the 1st team
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

wiseone wrote:Funny enough I thought Fred had his best ever game for Man Utd last night (I know that is not saying much based on his past performances!). He did not do much going forward, but was very tenacious defensively and put in a great shift. Young McTominay also played the best game of his career.

Jonesy is actually a good player when he is fit enough to play (admittedly not very often). If Jonesy is on the eviction list, then Mark Red should be too because he is the only player on the planet with a worse injury record than Jones. Red has spent nearly 50% of his Man Utd career injured! (the worst injury record in world football) Any employee who called in sick 50% of the time would get sacked.
marko wrote: exactly, if he is offered the job, he needs to be backed off with transfer funds, there should be casualties

Jones
Young
mata
Sanchez

probables
bailly
Fred

That is he reason Mourinho was going on about defenders, not that most of those guys are bad, but just that they cannot be relied upon to be available all the time. As we can see, Rojo, Jones, Valencia are out most of the time.
And then you have the curious form of Bailly.
And another thing is, would Pogba have put in the kind of defensive shift put in by Fred and Mctominay.

Anyway all good, but Man United's weaknesses still need to be fixed come end of season.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

You can add Bailly and Darmian to the list of permanently injured defenders. Shaw is having his first lengthy run of first team football in 5 years after 5 injury wracked years.

I have actually been pleasantly surprised by Pogba's defensive discipline in the last few games since he has had to play in midfield alongside young players and without Matic and Smith. In the last game v Soton he even dropped deep to play as a DM in a Mikel or Makalele role and let Pereira play as the AM! :shock: He was not done much going forward in the last 2-3 games but has played the best defensive gams of his Man Utd career. When experience players like Matic and Smith are beside him he does all the fancy flicks and tricks that surrender possession, because he knows the other two are good enough to win the ball back. He curbs that risky stuff when he has youth team players playing alongside him, because there is no guarantee that if he gives the ball away, they will get it back for him.
benteke wrote: That is he reason Mourinho was going on about defenders, not that most of those guys are bad, but just that they cannot be relied upon to be available all the time. As we can see, Rojo, Jones, Valencia are out most of the time.
And then you have the curious form of Bailly.
And another thing is, would Pogba have put in the kind of defensive shift put in by Fred and Mctominay.

Anyway all good, but Man United's weaknesses still need to be fixed come end of season.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

wiseone wrote:Funny enough I thought Fred had his best ever game for Man Utd last night (I know that is not saying much based on his past performances!). He did not do much going forward, but was very tenacious defensively and put in a great shift. Young McTominay also played the best game of his career.

Jones
Young
mata
Sanchez

probables
bailly
Fred

Fred was immense. Scottie Mc was up there too.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

tfco wrote:

Jones
Young
mata
Sanchez

probables
bailly
Fred

Fred was immense. Scottie Mc was up there too.
Fred had a decent game but his game is more suited to European football than the fast paced premiership, for the type of money we spent on him, i hope he gets his confidence back, just like Perreira is slowly getting back his confidence

Just hope we get Matic, Herrera ready against Arsenal, we need Pogba playing behind the front men doing what he does best

Just hope the board backs OGS with the funds needed to challenge for the premiership next season!

Right back, centre back, defensive midfield and a striker

We showed character aganst PSG, next time we need players to go and match them man for man

Marko
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

I agree on the RB, CD, DM, but not striker. We are OK there with Lukaku, Rashford, Martial who can all play as a striker (in a club that plays 1 up front). We also need a RW because J Lingz is the only option there. Mata is no winger. He is a "number 10".

RB: Sidibe, Hakimi, or Wan Bisakka
DM: Rabiot (FREE TRANSFER!) or Ruben Neves
CD: De Ligt (would sort CD position for the next 12 years) or bring Tuanzebe back from loan
RW: Sancho (who would cost crazy Dembele money)

marko wrote: Just hope the board backs OGS with the funds needed to challenge for the premiership next season!

Right back, centre back, defensive midfield and a striker

We showed character aganst PSG, next time we need players to go and match them man for man
Last edited by wiseone on Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote: Fred had a decent game but his game is more suited to European football than the fast paced premiership, for the type of money we spent on him, i hope he gets his confidence back, just like Perreira is slowly getting back his confidence
this..is just decent?
he was immense

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S