U23 Foreign Pros List for Libya

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

pens
Egg
Egg
U23 Foreign Pros List for Libya

Post by pens »

U23 Foreign Pros List: Chukwueze, Kingsley Michael, Stephen Odey, Lukman Zakari & Okereke In
March 5, 201901557

FC Zurich forward Stephen Odey has been added to the list of foreign based players who will team up with the Nigeria U23 team for their qualifiers game against Libya, Owngoalnigeria.com can exclusively reveal.

Odey according to sources was excused from the Super Eagles by coach Gernot Rohr to enable him play for the U23s, same as Samuel Chukwueze who was also not listed in the squad of the Super Eagles for their upcoming engagements against Seychelles and Egypt.

The duo will add bite to the attack of the team who are currently in camp preparing for the game and they will also be joined by Juventus target David Okereke who currently plays for Italian Serie B side Spezia.

In midfield Bologna teen wonder Kingsley Michael who is presently on loan to Perugia in the Serie B is also in the mix while FS Metta of Latvia defender Lukman Zakari who recently missed out on a chance to join CAF Champions League champions Esperance is listed among the defenders.

They are all expected to join the home based players who are in camp already preparing for the back to back games against Libya with coach Imama Amapakabo putting them through their paces ahead of the game.
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2019/03/05/u2 ... kereke-in/
Remember the three Rs: Respect for your self; Respect for others; Responsibility for all your actions.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: U23 Foreign Pros List for Libya

Post by truetalk »

Excited by Okereke's invitation.

True baller who is under the radar.

Good luck to the team.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Chukwueze should not be playing U23 ball. He should be with the main SE team. This is utter nonsense.
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

vancity eagle wrote:Chukwueze should not be playing U23 ball. He should be with the main SE team. This is utter nonsense.

Daft Rohr prefers Simon
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Rohr should have been fired after the world cup. We are just wasting our time. The man is not good enough to manage Nigeria.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

ohenhen1 wrote:Rohr should have been fired after the world cup. We are just wasting our time. The man is not good enough to manage Nigeria.
Shhhh, No let them hear you. Rohr is the best thing to happen to Naija football.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

ohenhen1 wrote:Rohr should have been fired after the world cup. We are just wasting our time. The man is not good enough to manage Nigeria.
I am starting to agree, but ultimately he will be judged by the 2019 AFCON.

Thing is we can get rid of Rohr, but who will you replace him with.

Frankly that scares me more than sticking with Rohr.

For now the possible downsides of replacing Rohr outweigh the possible upsides.

The last few HB coaches have been horrible.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

vancity eagle wrote:

Finidi George
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

vancity eagle wrote:

Knee jerk reactions all round.
U23 is essentially the SE feeder team.
The SE team is heavy enough on youth as it is.

Discarding good, experienced players becos you have young exciting players coming thru makes little sense.
Its obvious Rohr and Imama are working very closely in tandem for the medium to long term which most of you people only pay lip service to, but never have the nerve to see play out.

There's traditionally heavy cross-fertilisation between the SE and the U23 team, which is essentially the Olympic team.

So chill abeg.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Are the clubs obligated to release their players for the Olympic qualifiers? I remember several of our first choice foreign based players were prevented from playing at the last Olympics by their clubs.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

olu wrote:Are the clubs obligated to release their players for the Olympic qualifiers? I remember several of our first choice foreign based players were prevented from playing at the last Olympics by their clubs.
I don't think so.
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

Damunk wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:

Discarding good, experienced players becos you have young exciting players coming thru makes little sense.
Its obvious Rohr and Imama are working very closely in tandem for the medium to long term which most of you people only pay lip service to, but never have the nerve to see play out.

There's traditionally heavy cross-fertilisation between the SE and the U23 team, which is essentially the Olympic team.

So chill abeg.
Damunk,
Stop making sense. It is only logical for our Super Eagles and the Olympic team to be symbiotic. Especially given the relatively average age of the Super Eagles. Consider that Aina, Iwobi, Onyekuru, Awaziem, K. Nwakali, Ndidi, Uzoho, Osimhen, Iheanacho, Kalu and Chukwueze are all currently under 23, the Olympic team should definitely be a cross-over of the senior team. It makes it even more compelling since the team's Head coach, Imama, is also Rohr's Assistant Coach. We might end up not needing the allowed three over-aged players as we seem to have more than enough in that cadre. I'm just excited at the great possibilities of the team.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

Damunk wrote:
olu wrote:Are the clubs obligated to release their players for the Olympic qualifiers? I remember several of our first choice foreign based players were prevented from playing at the last Olympics by their clubs.
I don't think so.
The match against Libya takes place during the international break so yes the clubs have to release them. The problem will be for the African U23 Cup of Nations in October if we qualify.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Obong wrote:
Damunk wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:

So chill abeg.
Damunk,
Stop making sense. It is only logical for our Super Eagles and the Olympic team to be symbiotic. Especially given the relatively average age of the Super Eagles. Consider that Aina, Iwobi, Onyekuru, Awaziem, K. Nwakali, Ndidi, Uzoho, Osimhen, Iheanacho, Kalu and Chukwueze are all currently under 23, the Olympic team should definitely be a cross-over of the senior team. It makes it even more compelling since the team's Head coach, Imama, is also Rohr's Assistant Coach. We might end up not needing the allowed three over-aged players as we seem to have more than enough in that cadre. I'm just excited at the great possibilities of the team.
Thank you 'jare.
Our people just won't change.
Everything has to be disposed of, not necessarily becos it's faulty but becos there's something glittering ('shine-shine') on the horizon.
All this becos of a frenzied quest for instant results. Troway players. Troway coach.
We seriously undervalue that thing we call experience.

Remember those pushing hard for getting rid of Mikel not too long ago; Next was Omeruo. Then it was Musa as recently as last year and now it is Moses Simon who has just made a big step up to La Liga and is doing well. And this is all bcos we have some promising young guns coming through.

I don talk am say until we carry U15 team go World Cup, our people no go rest. :lol: