Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle
Re: [UCL] Man United (0-2) PSG

Post by tfco »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg
Re: [UCL] ALWAYS BELIEVE...NEVER EVER GIVE UP

Post by FATHER TIKO »

MUnited in this season's Champs League is looking uncannily like a replay of Chelsea in 2011/12 Champions League...

Outplayed...Bloodied...Written off...But still limping on...(cue Juventus in Turin...now PSG in Paris...)

Last night in Paris might have been a replay of the script of Barca v Chelsea at the Nous Camp...(similar improbable outcomes)

Both led by unfancied Managers who were ex-players (ManU - OGS; Chelsea DiMatteo); both managers on a rescue mission in a turbulent domestic season...

Uncanny, eh?
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

wish i was there

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

tfco wrote:
txj wrote:Once PSG got to terms with the English physicality, their football overcame. Always the extra man in CM, by switching to a 3-4-3, allowing Veratti to play United like a fiddle!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

man has not commented on the 2nd Leg

yeye
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Mr Benitez only comments after the fact. i expect him to show up and try to sound like he understands tactics and get his usual response from the incoherrent blabbering Coach :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

tfco wrote:wish i was there
in 2019 ghana people still using blackberries :boo: :boo: horrible Video quality
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Poetic justice for Kimpembe who should have been sent off in the first leg (with the score still at 0-0) but then stayed on the pitch long enough to score PSG's opening goal.
Nkume wrote:PSG was robbed. Never a penalty.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by wiseone »

Good point. Becks, the Neville Boys, Scholes, and Butt all played for the England NT as well so they must be "fodder" then.

Mschew.

:roll:
tfco wrote:using the England NT as a yardstick to big up the United Academy is kind of cringe

WC semis...ok

wiseone wrote:Two of them were Rashford and J Lingz and have since gone on to play in a WC semi-final.

tfco wrote:FWIW i am not against the Academy, far from it

But the issue is, do you guys wanna conquer England (possible with Academy players) or rub shoulders with Barca, Juve, PSG, RM etc

LVG promoted 10+ Academy players...majority were sh'ite and have found their level
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Manu fans congrats,the best thing that happen to you guys was sacking Jose,if you guys were not too far behind the epl title would have been in your mix.
Do you guys now go for the CL after such performance in Paris?
Some one was saying Manu and Jax should go out now thinking we are here to win the CL,
Last 8 likely will be City,Ajax,Manu,Spurs,Porto,Bayern or pool,Atletico or Juve then lyon or Barca on a good day manu even spurs stand a big chance.Good luck to you guys as i see the CL coming to England with likely two English team playing final if the draw favor them
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Chong was making me VERY nervous with those risky floated crossfield passes straight onto the chest of PSG players - deep into injury time! Dalot did that to and gave the ball away to....MBAPPE! What were they playing at?!

tfco wrote: Imagine losing at home to United Academy players
Last edited by wiseone on Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Edit
Last edited by wiseone on Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

stage fright! they will learn, no cross field passes unless you Pogba!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

kajifu wrote:Manu fans congrats,the best thing that happen to you guys was sacking Jose,if you guys were not too far behind the epl title would have been in your mix.
Do you guys now go for the CL after such performance in Paris?
Some one was saying Manu and Jax should go out now thinking we are here to win the CL,
Last 8 likely will be City,Ajax,Manu,Spurs,Porto,Bayern or pool,Atletico or Juve then lyon or Barca on a good day manu even spurs stand a big chance.Good luck to you guys as i see the CL coming to England with likely two English team playing final if the draw favor them
his

Its about time champions league came back to England! I am happy for united because its victories like this that attracts big name players to our club

sacking Mourinho was the best thing the club ever did! those 2 were never a good fit since he left, we have been mixing it with the big boys, we are not far off, if only OGS came earlier, that premiership will be a 3 way horse race! the way i see us play and Mourinho had the nerves to tell us we are not good enough, look at what he did against Seville and had the audacity to say we do not have that european tradition, we should be used to losing! well good luck real madrid, you can have him
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

read original question

since 1992

27 years ago...there's a reason we have not had a "Class of XXXX" since that lot

wiseone wrote:Good point. Becks, the Neville Boys, Scholes, and Butt all played for the England NT as well so they must be "fodder" then.

Mschew.

:roll:
tfco wrote:using the England NT as a yardstick to big up the United Academy is kind of cringe

WC semis...ok

wiseone wrote:Two of them were Rashford and J Lingz and have since gone on to play in a WC semi-final.

tfco wrote:FWIW i am not against the Academy, far from it

But the issue is, do you guys wanna conquer England (possible with Academy players) or rub shoulders with Barca, Juve, PSG, RM etc

LVG promoted 10+ Academy players...majority were sh'ite and have found their level

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

...Apart from the 20 odd internationals, World Cup, Champions League, and Premier League winners, and club and national team captains that I named on the previous page?

What is this obsession with Class of [year]? In the current Man Utd team, J Lingz and Pogba were part of the same 2011 FA Youth Cup winning team (along with Michael Keane (and his twin brother Will), Januzaj, Ravel Morrison). They now play in the same Man Utd first team, with McTominay, Rashford, Fosu-Mensah, and Tuanzebe who were similarly in the same youth team squad.

Must all academy players come through together and replace the entire 22 man first team squad simultaneously? Even the La Masia graduates you keep banging on about were not in the same youth team. Do you think that Xavi (39), Iniesta (34), and Messi (31) were part of the same youth team squad? Or do you think perhaps Barcelona discovered them a decade apart?

tfco wrote:
since 1992

27 years ago...there's a reason we have not had a "Class of XXXX" since that lot[/color]
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

wiseone wrote:...Apart from the 20 odd internationals, World Cup, Champions League, and Premier League winners, and club and national team captains that I named on the previous page?

What is this obsession with Class of [year]? In the current Man Utd team, J Lingz and Pogba were part of the same 2011 FA Youth Cup winning team (along with Michael Keane (and his twin brother Will), Januzaj, Ravel Morrison). They now play in the same Man Utd first team, with McTominay, Rashford, Fosu-Mensah, and Tuanzebe who were similarly in the same youth team squad.

Must all academy players come through together and replace the entire 22 man first team squad simultaneously? Even the La Masia graduates you keep banging on about were not in the same youth team. Do you think that Xavi (39), Iniesta (34), and Messi (31) were part of the same youth team squad? Or do you think perhaps Barcelona discovered them a decade apart?

tfco wrote:
since 1992

27 years ago...there's a reason we have not had a "Class of XXXX" since that lot[/color]
go and check, i have not even mentioned La Masia

i said Barca made 7 transfers in Jan alone, including marko's boy Frenkie De Jong.

you can name all the Academy players you want. This is similar to when we Africans celebrate winning U17/U20 WC and assume that our senior teams will be all set in_a_few_years

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
tfco wrote:wish i was there
in 2019 ghana people still using blackberries :boo: :boo: horrible Video quality
i still use a BB, what's your point?

do you own Apple or Samsung?

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

How can I post facebook videos?

"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Damunk wrote:
akamoke wrote:This thread is a perfect example of why one cannot take CE too serious in commentry. The haters of Man U cannot even get themselves to be objective. Anyway onwards and upwards. To the next game.. Moving on. Well done Tfco for calling this one early on :)
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
:mad:
Eh kwa? Doc, I can understand akamoke, but you? I am a hater of Manure since morning, but I did give them props for a brilliant win on this thread--see p 9:
ohsee wrote: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Wow! Wow! tfco, congrats, you deserve this. You believed, and it happened. To believe I was not going to watch the two incredible games of yesterday and today? Happy I did. Great games. :thumb: :thumb:
In fact, I was praying for them to hold out at the end.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

ohsee wrote:
Damunk wrote:
akamoke wrote:This thread is a perfect example of why one cannot take CE too serious in commentry. The haters of Man U cannot even get themselves to be objective. Anyway onwards and upwards. To the next game.. Moving on. Well done Tfco for calling this one early on :)
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
:mad:
Eh kwa? Doc, I can understand akamoke, but you? I am a hater of Manure since morning, but I did give them props for a brilliant win on this thread--see p 9:
ohsee wrote: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Wow! Wow! tfco, congrats, you deserve this. You believed, and it happened. To believe I was not going to watch the two incredible games of yesterday and today? Happy I did. Great games. :thumb: :thumb:
In fact, I was praying for them to hold out at the end.
Oga mi, nor be your type nah.
Dey know demselves, haters of EPL...haters of ManU.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

I strongly believe PSG should go for Mourinho.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Tfco I own Samsung
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Cristao II wrote:I strongly believe PSG should go for Mourinho.
well that might cause friction with PSG highly paid stars, will the players accept to be coached by Mourinho? PSG issues is not within their domestic league, its actually champions league, their league might not be competitive in comparison to the premiership, when they face tough opposition in the champions league, they seem to falter, even facing United C team, they could not even win
:smile:

sorry just had to add that in, no pun intended! PSG have many highly paid superstars, Mourinho track record has not been great dealing with superstars, will he tell Neymar to defend? dont think they will accep that type of signing, thats not what they need at the moment, it is more psychological!

Marko
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Youth are the future of football whether we like it or not! i hope OGS can make 2-3 academy players superstars, it gives us hope for the future, 5 players at the end of the PSG game from the academy! its the right thing! Ajax are doing just fine

Marko