WILL GUARDIOLA BE LEAVING CITY THIS SUMMER

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
WILL GUARDIOLA BE LEAVING CITY THIS SUMMER

Post by anikulapo »

Pep Guardiola has 'verbally agreed to sign four-year deal with Juventus'

Manchester City boss has been approached by the Turin giants as they plan for Massimiliano Allegri's expected exit
ByMartyn Thomas
20:45, 8 MAR 2019UPDATED20:54, 8 MAR 2019
Play Video
TAP TO PLAY
SPORTING ICONS DELIVER THE ULTIMATE TEAM TALK AHEAD OF SPECIAL OLYMPICS
Get the biggest Football stories by email
Subscribe
See our privacy noticeMore newsletters
Pep Guardiola has agreed to replace Massimiliano Allegri at Juventus, according to the journalist who broke the news that Cristiano Ronaldo would move to Turin.

Il Giornale reporter Luigi Guelpa told Radio CRC that the Manchester City boss had been offered a four-year contract at Allianz Stadium.

"I've learned that Pep Guardiola already has reached a verbal agreement with Juventus for the next four years. It's the same person who told me that Ronaldo was going to Juventus," Guelpa said.

City fans will not welcome suggestions that the Catalan coach could be set to leave the Etihad Stadium.

Guardiola has enjoyed considerable success in Manchester, with his side top of the Premier League, one point clear of Liverpool , as they chase a second title since he arrived in England in 2016.

Guardiola joined City in 2016 (Image: EMPICS SPORT)
READ MORE
Man City duo scoop February’s Premier League awards after stellar month

Last month City secured a second League Cup under Guardiola with a penalty shootout victory over Chelsea at Wembley.

City also remain in the hunt for the Champions League, and defend a 3-2 first-leg advantage when they host Shalke at the Etihad on Tuesday night.

Guardiola was brought to Manchester to help turn City into a dominant European force and it is easy to see why Juventus would be interested as the Italians prepare for Allegri's expected departure.

READ MORE
How Man City could be punished if found guilty of Financial Fair Play breaches

City won the League Cup last month (Image: EMPICS SPORT)
The Catalan tactician won every domestic honour available to him - including three La Liga titles and two Champions Leagues - during a trophy-laden spell with Barcelona from 2008-2012.

He joined Bayern Munich in 2013, a year after leaving his boyhood club and led the Bavarian giants to three consecutive Bundesliga titles and two German Cup successes.

Guaridola was unable to capture the Champions League while in Munich, however, and the jug-eared trophy has also alluded him in Manchester.

READ MORE
Pep Guardiola and Gareth Southgate deliver ultimate Special Olympics team talk

Guardiola won two Champions League titles with Barcelona (Image: Reuters)
City face the prospect of being thrown out of this year's competition next season after UEFA opened an investigation into allegation of Financial Fair Play breaches.

But Guardiola insisted the outcome of that probe would "absolutely not" affect his legacy.

He said: "I trust a lot what the club has done because I know them but hopefully they can solve it as soon as possible and stop for this environment."
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: WILL GUARDIOLA BE LEAVING CITY THIS SUMMER

Post by anikulapo »

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Okpe o. O Lord God butter my bread with the realisation of this news o. :P
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

So this man cant come and take a team like Arsenal or Everton and turn it around,looking for another high end team with money to spend on.The guy going to a club that has won almost 8 straight title?
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

cchinukw wrote:Okpe o. O Lord God butter my bread with the realisation of this news o. :P

:rotf:

MLK.
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

Me think City is winning this year UCL.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

kajifu wrote:So this man cant come and take a team like Arsenal or Everton and turn it around,looking for another high end team with money to spend on.The guy going to a club that has won almost 8 straight title?
arsenal fans finally accepting their level :clap: :clap: :clap:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

anikulapo wrote:https://www. mirror.co.uk/ sport/football/pep-guardiola-verbally-agreed-sign-14108281
:?

what's your fixation with tabloid crap

daily fail, mirror, the sun

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@SuperKAJIFUgilisticexpialidocious, one word...Ambition.
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

kajifu wrote:So this man cant come and take a team like Arsenal or Everton and turn it around,looking for another high end team with money to spend on.The guy going to a club that has won almost 8 straight title?
Pep just signed for.........................

Al-moni FC of Qatar.................great money move. :thumbs: :thumbs: :clap: :clap:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

tfco wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Why don’t you make up your mind you Lil Imp :rotf:

So you’re now believing tabloid crap?

:mrgreen:

MLK.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

i don't read the tabloid crap..i go to other sources

you thrive of the Sun etc.... you're more educated than that

p.s - did Lukaku/Pogba really fight over that PK?

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

hmmm

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

tfco wrote:hmmm
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: The bald coward!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

danfo driver wrote:
tfco wrote:hmmm
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: The bald coward!

:bump: :bump:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Coach wrote:@SuperKAJIFUgilisticexpialidocious, one word...Ambition.
So beloved dont have ambition?
Let him come take beloved on yied budget and turn us to champs
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

This is fake news. Guardiola recently signed an extension. He has everything he can ask for at City: unlimited resources, a world class team, player loyalty, club backing, a great salary, and competition. I don't think he'll leave City until he gets CL closure with them (i.e. they either win the CL or realize they aren't good enough to win it under him after a couple of more kicks at the can).
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Heliopolis wrote:This is fake news. Guardiola recently signed an extension. He has everything he can ask for at City: unlimited resources, a world class team, player loyalty, club backing, a great salary, and competition. I don't think he'll leave City until he gets CL closure with them (i.e. they either win the CL or realize they aren't good enough to win it under him after a couple of more kicks at the can).
But didn't he say that outside Barcelona, he only likes to spend three years at a team?
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

ohsee wrote:
Heliopolis wrote:This is fake news. Guardiola recently signed an extension. He has everything he can ask for at City: unlimited resources, a world class team, player loyalty, club backing, a great salary, and competition. I don't think he'll leave City until he gets CL closure with them (i.e. they either win the CL or realize they aren't good enough to win it under him after a couple of more kicks at the can).
But didn't he say that outside Barcelona, he only likes to spend three years at a team?
He didn't say that.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

ohsee wrote:
He just signed an extension at City until 2021. Previously he signed 1-year contracts with Barca and he completed his 3-year contract at Bayern. He doesn't have a history of leaving contracts early.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Heliopolis wrote:
ohsee wrote:
He just signed an extension at City until 2021. Previously he signed 1-year contracts with Barca and he completed his 3-year contract at Bayern. He doesn't have a history of leaving contracts early.
Did he sign the contract before UEFA announced their charges against City? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

danfo driver wrote:
Did he sign the contract before UEFA announced their charges against City? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
He signed it before the ................

football-coward :mrgreen: was sacked. :lol: :lol: :lol: