Kylian Mbappe - Is there a more complete forward today?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Kylian Mbappe - Is there a more complete forward today?

Post by Nkume »

kalani JR wrote:
Nkume wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
Nkume wrote:
Cally wrote:My goodness gracious! What a player. He plays every game as if he's playing in his backyard, no matter the opposition or who is defending against him.

Someone said he's faster than their WiFi. The speed is scary, IQ incredibly high, silky touch with remarkable dribbling ability. This guy has got to be the first 500m pounds worth player.

He's a midfielder's delight. Just release that ball quickly, and he will make you an assist king. I'm in awe.
No, there is not. And to think that with just a little backing of Wenger, Arsenal could have got this kid. Tufia for the useless board.
Arsenal would have paid the fee PSG paid?
No. He was on a free from Monaco. He decided to re--sign with Monaco and then moved to PSG the following year.
I don't think he was ever "free".
Arsenal would have paid a fee to Monaco, as he was under 18. The deal failed on personal terms. Wenger was with his family, but Mbappe chose to stay at Monaco.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

I still cannot get my head around the fact that he already won the World Cup, Ligue 1, and the Golden Boy award by the age of 19! :shock:

France could potentially dominate international football for a long time given the number of players they have who are still in their early-mid 20s and who are yet to reach their prime years (Pogba, Varane, Plea, Dembele, Fekir, Rabiot, Coman, Mendy, Lemar, Tolisso, Martial, Digne, Sidibe, Pavard, Ndombele, Hernandez).
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

wiseone wrote:I still cannot get my head around the fact that he already won the World Cup, Ligue 1, and the Golden Boy award by the age of 19! :shock:

France could potentially dominate international football for a long time given the number of players they have who are still in their early-mid 20s and who are yet to reach their prime years (Pogba, Varane, Plea, Dembele, Fekir, Rabiot, Coman, Mendy, Lemar, Tolisso, Martial, Digne, Sidibe, Pavard, Ndombele, Hernandez).
In the same way I won't be shocked to see them go out in the first round next year.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

First round of what? Euro 2020?
kalani JR wrote: In the same way I won't be shocked to see them go out in the first round next year.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

wiseone wrote:First round of what? Euro 2020?
kalani JR wrote: In the same way I won't be shocked to see them go out in the first round next year.
I meant Qatar, I'm living in the future baby.
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

wiseone wrote:I still cannot get my head around the fact that he already won the World Cup, Ligue 1, and the Golden Boy award by the age of 19! :shock:

You are right France has the players to win multiple WCs and Euros. What is scary to me is they won the WC last year without getting out of first gear. They were not tested in their 4 KO games and won without fielding their best players per position (e.g. they won with Giroud as their starting #9 :lol: :lol: :lol: ).

On the other hand the dynamics are different when you are champion because everyone plays their best against you and you need to find the motivation to keep performing at a high level. Only time will tell if they have the killer instinct to earn their place as one of the great teams of history. But one can't help but wonder if they do when guys like Pogba are more concerned with dancing and the latest hairstyle.

At the end of the day I think they'll win at least one more major trophy (either Euro or another WC) because I can't fathom otherwise with a team as stacked as what they currently have.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

kajifu wrote:
theYemster wrote:
cic old boy wrote:No Neymar, no Cavani, no problem.
As great as Ronaldo was generally I'm not sure he could be regarded as a legend in the context of the Champions League.
And Mbappe?Oga he is regarded as a legend in the game,Ronaldo not wining the cl doenst mean he is not a legend in CL in my opinion.
I disagree. It's the same logic used in critiquing Messi's international record. As great a player as he is, as of now no one is ever gonna regard him as a world cup legend.

Ronaldo played for Inter, Barca and Real and yet never won the Champions League. It's at least worth a discussion.

Just for the record I think he's one of the greatest players ever and definitely one of my all time favs.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Heliopolis wrote:Lets not be too quick to crown the kid but he is definitely something special. He's the best player I've seen at his age since Messi. On raw talent alone I think he'll win WPOY but to become an absolute legend he'll need the killer instinct that the likes of Ronaldo and Messi have. Those guys are the best in the world and train harder than anyone to stay on top. Does Mbappe have that in him? It can be easy for a player to become complacent after winning it all. He's basically a CL and Euro win away from having a complete trophy case. If that happens it'll be much easier for him to ball out in Ibiza rather than put in the hours necessary to go down as an all time great. I hope he continues to push himself because I can see this guy being the #1 player in the world for 5-10 years once Ronaldo and Messi bow out.
Ronaldo and Messi should not be eining anything AGAIN, they are all past it.Currently he is better than those two and i hope ronaldo and Messi never touch theror hand on wpoy award.
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

Heliopolis wrote:

You are right France has the players to win multiple WCs and Euros. What is scary to me is they won the WC last year without getting out of first gear. They were not tested in their 4 KO games and won without fielding their best players per position (e.g. they won with Giroud as their starting #9 :lol: :lol: :lol: ).

On the other hand the dynamics are different when you are champion because everyone plays their best against you and you need to find the motivation to keep performing at a high level. Only time will tell if they have the killer instinct to earn their place as one of the great teams of history. But one can't help but wonder if they do when guys like Pogba are more concerned with dancing and the latest hairstyle.

At the end of the day I think they'll win at least one more major trophy (either Euro or another WC) because I can't fathom otherwise with a team as stacked as what they currently have.
France previous WC win was the same. Dugarry and Guivarc'h
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Good points.

LOL at "can't help but wonder if they do when guys like Pogba are more concerned with dancing and the latest hairstyle" :rotf:

France definitely have the talent to win if their motivation matches the talent they have. Realistically, only Germany, Belgium, and Brazil should get close to them on a football pitch.

Heliopolis wrote:

Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Mbappe and Vinicious Junior are the future!
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Having good coaches helps players like Mbappe to improve his game, cosches that will build teams around his qualities, give Mbappe to Mourinho, after 1 year, he will become a shadow of himself
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

2 sides to every shrining

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

tfco wrote:2 sides to every shrining

Good player no doubt! Against United, i got the feeling they were showing off! They never imagined united to come back with 10 men out injured or suspended, even the score at half time did not bother them, they always felt they had more than enough to score and win outright!

They will learn, Mbappe is still young, those fancy tricks should be when you are winning comfortably
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

tfco wrote:2 sides to every shrining
He can't do it on a rainy night in Paris....can he do it on Tuesday night at Stoke?
Placing my bets on Marcus Van Rashford.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."