Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by wiseone »

Yes, I will keep naming academy graduates that have won the World Cup, Champions League, Premier League, Europa League, FA Cup, and League Cup that you dismiss as "fodder". What more can they do? Will you refuse to acknowledge them until they win the inter-planetary solar system world cup?
tfco wrote: go and check, i have not even mentioned La Masia

i said Barca made 7 transfers in Jan alone, including marko's boy Frenkie De Jong.

you can name all the Academy players you want. This is similar to when we Africans celebrate winning U17/U20 WC and assume that our senior teams will be all set in_a_few_years
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Man Utd about to shell 40 million for Bailly

Post by wiseone »

What on earth has happened to this guy. Looked dynamite when he joined Man Utd. Now he looks really shaky. Amazingly him going off injured actually helped to stabilise Man Utd. It is almost as if he has swapped with Lindelof. He took on Lindelof's jittery as a cat persona, while Lindelof took his decisiveness.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

wiseone wrote:What on earth has happened to this guy. Looked dynamite when he joined Man Utd. Now he looks really shaky. Amazingly him going off injured actually helped to stabilise Man Utd. It is almost as if he has swapped with Lindelof. He took on Lindelof's jittery as a cat persona, while Lindelof took his decisiveness.
Same observation, seems to be a shadow of himself
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Mon Generale! :D
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

wiseone wrote:What on earth has happened to this guy. Looked dynamite when he joined Man Utd. Now he looks really shaky. Amazingly him going off injured actually helped to stabilise Man Utd. It is almost as if he has swapped with Lindelof. He took on Lindelof's jittery as a cat persona, while Lindelof took his decisiveness.
Hopefully he play on sunday for manu....
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

2007: Liverpool lose in Champions League final
2008: Man Utd win the Champions League
2016: Liverpool lose in Europa League final
2017: Man Utd win the Europa League
2018: Liverpool lose in Champions League final
2019: ??....
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

some mod has decided to start merging threads

smh
Last edited by tfco on Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [UCL] ALWAYS BELIEVE...NEVER EVER GIVE UP

Post by Coach »

Coach wrote:
tfco wrote:
Concentration. Social media should be the last thing on his mind, there’s still a third-leg to be played. No doubt the Ultras will want a chance to progress to the next round. Get the phone in yer’ pocket, get the garrison in formation and be ready for it. Look what happened to Man City, didn’t realise the match wasn’t over and ended up a casualty.

Utd will have a decent amount of Red Army out there and the Inner-City lot are good stock. It’ll go off for sure, Bonaparte to be battered once more.
@Scipio, as per discussion...
Manchester United fan stabbed in Paris after PSG defeat

Manchester United fan is being treated in hospital in France for a stabbing injury shortly after the English side knocked Paris Saint-Germain out of the Champions League on Wednesday evening.

The Foreign Office said it was in touch with the French authorities over the incident, with reports suggesting the man is undergoing emergency surgery.

“We are in touch with the French authorities following an incident involving a British man in Paris on 6 March and stand ready to offer assistance if required,” a spokesman said on Thursday evening.

It is understood that the 44-year-old man was taken to the high dependency unit at the Hôpital Européen Georges-Pompidou, a little less than a mile away and on the opposite side of the river from the Parc des Princes, where the match was played. He is thought to have undergone an operation there to remove blood on his lung.

According to Sky Sports News, he was stabbed in the chest by a taxi driver who became angry at his and his friends’ post-match celebrations. The group of four was reportedly travelling back to central Paris from Parc de Princes, in the west of the city, when the taxi driver ordered them to leave the vehicle.

The broadcaster reported that the taxi driver pulled out a knife and threatened a female member of the group. When the victim tried to intervene, it said, he was stabbed in the chest with a “large blade”.

Sky Sports News said French police arrested an unnamed suspect on Thursday, but the weapon is yet to be found. Local police did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Sauce: southwest chipotle

Again, concentration. Formation. Save the bantering for home soil. Lost a lung for want of a Twitter flick of back of the cab bragging rights. Concentration. Formation.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

A very tricky away game, even though United has done well to win a lot of games recently, i feel that there is still some weaknesses in the defence and it takes one bad day for team to exploit it.
A draw will be a wonderful result
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

benteke wrote:A very tricky away game, even though United has done well to win a lot of games recently, i feel that there is still some weaknesses in the defence and it takes one bad day for team to exploit it.
A draw will be a wonderful result
when did we last lose at the Emirates

last season, DDG made save after save after Pogba's fake RC on Bellerin

1-3

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

poor game, even though i watched the 2H

pogba and rashford were not up to it

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

i honestly do not remember the last time we lost at their place

did Jose or LVG lose there? i remember rashford's debut, scoring a brace there

last year we beat them and DDG pulled off those saves on sanchez / lack

e dey pain me small

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

tfco wrote:i honestly do not remember the last time we lost at their place

did Jose or LVG lose there? i remember rashford's debut, scoring a brace there

last year we beat them and DDG pulled off those saves on sanchez / lack

e dey pain me small
rashford had a poor game today, it was just one bad day in the office! We created chances but just could not finish, now we understand what PSG went through, the only saving grace, Spurs lost, Chelsea drew so we still in it!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Top 4

1. City
2. Pool
3. Arse
4. United
======
5. Lily Livered
6. Chelsea

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

hmmm

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

this stat for Rom is not good at all...our main striker is misfiring like the Egyptian 1-season wonder

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

tfco wrote:hmmm
Would you keep Phelan next season when OGS gets the job or get a new guy?
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Phelan 100%

that was Moyes' first and probably biggest mistake.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

tfco wrote::shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

this stat for Rom is not good at all...our main striker is misfiring like the Egyptian 1-season wonder
As good as Lukaku is or isnt, United need to make a decision, in-house, as to what to do with him. He simply cannot be United's leading striker.

Lukaku's obvious problems -- over the last couple of years are:

1. He is good against small teams but struggles agains big teams or teams that are set up well.

2. He scores in spurts. His goals are not spread out. He scores heavily for a few months and then goes missing for a few months and like that. A serious club cannot have that leading them.

Lukaku's problem, in my opinion -

He is one of those players whose performance is unpredictable. For a small club, that is fantastic. For a big club, that is unacceptable. For a club that wants to win titles, you need to go into seasons and say CONFIDENTLY, "this guy will get me 30 goals... now, let me think about something else." You can say that for Ronaldo, Messi, Suarez, Kane, etc etc.... and now, Milan can say for Piatek "he will score this weekend."

United cannot say the same for Lukaky. They simply dont know. Today he can show up and the ball will bounce off him and enter! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Tomorrow he can come in and he will lumber himself around like an oaf, unable to pass the ball. That is NOT acceptable for a club that wants to win
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

danfo driver wrote:
tfco wrote::shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

As good as Lukaku is or isnt, United need to make a decision, in-house, as to what to do with him. He simply cannot be United's leading striker.

Lukaku's obvious problems -- over the last couple of years are:

1. He is good against small teams but struggles agains big teams or teams that are set up well.

2. He scores in spurts. His goals are not spread out. He scores heavily for a few months and then goes missing for a few months and like that. A serious club cannot have that leading them.

Lukaku's problem, in my opinion -

He is one of those players whose performance is unpredictable. For a small club, that is fantastic. For a big club, that is unacceptable. For a club that wants to win titles, you need to go into seasons and say CONFIDENTLY, "this guy will get me 30 goals... now, let me think about something else." You can say that for Ronaldo, Messi, Suarez, Kane, etc etc.... and now, Milan can say for Piatek "he will score this weekend."

United cannot say the same for Lukaky. They simply dont know. Today he can show up and the ball will bounce off him and enter! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Tomorrow he can come in and he will lumber himself around like an oaf, unable to pass the ball. That is NOT acceptable for a club that wants to win
I agree! We need consistent strikers, ones that have a 1 goal in 3 ratio, that Greenwood, there is something about that player i like

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote: I agree! We need consistent strikers, ones that have a 1 goal in 3 ratio, that Greenwood, there is something about that player i like
at 17, there's a lot to like

just.relax.with.the.hype

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

I understand that you can control a game without possession, but i don't like that United still seems to play most big games with less posession.
I prefer to see United go head to head or dominate the likes of PSG etc.
In that regard i think there's room for improvement especially the midfield, plus control begins with the defenders and keepers playing out well.

Anyway now we United just throw ourselves at all remaining games, this a situation of salvaging the season, anywhere we finish will do :thumbs:
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

United fans you guys can finish in top 4 along with beloved,take all 3 points against Chelsea and a draw against City minimum.
Spurs will drop points against City and pool.Chelsea will drop points against pool.Chelsea fans looking at Europa as a way to get to CL.