Ben Arfa: Emery has NOT changed and I laughed in his face

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Ben Arfa: Emery has NOT changed and I laughed in his face

Post by danfo driver »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... -boss.html
'He hasn't changed': Hatem Ben Arfa reignites feud with his former PSG coach Unai Emery as he mocks Arsenal boss after losing to Rennes
Hatem Ben Arfa could not resist but have a go at his former boss Unai Emery
Ben Arfa played under Emery after getting his high profile move to PSG
The duo famously did not get along, and Ben Arfa's stint in Paris was short-lived
After Rennes defeated Arsenal at home, he commented upon Emery's behaviour

By DANNY GALLAGHER FOR MAILONLINE

PUBLISHED: 19:51 EST, 7 March 2019 | UPDATED: 20:28 EST, 7 March 2019

The ever controversial Hatem Ben Arfa has proven he has not changed since his Premier League days, by aiming a swipe at Unai Emery following Arsenal's Europa League defeat.

Ben Arfa was part of the Rennes side who came from behind to topple the Gunners on Thursday night, and the winger couldn't resist making a subtle dig.

Emery was Ben Arfa's manager during his ill-fated spell at PSG, which was supposed to be his big move onto the European stage but ultimately ended in disaster.

The pair did not get on during their time together, with Ben Arfa's attitude deemed not to be up to the expectations of the Parisian giants.

Ben Arfa clearly took some delight in Rennes' surprise 3-1 victory, and made a point of commenting on Emery's behaviour following the match.

'I saw the same Emery, as agitated as ever', said the winger.

'I looked over at him a few times and that made me laugh. He hasn't changed.'

Ben Arfa initially impressed Emery during their time together in Paris. But over time, he lost patience with the winger, who has always flitted in and out of form during his career.

The former Newcastle man also did not have a great impression of Emery after playing just 23 times - mostly from the bench - following his super season at Nice.

And then they fell out. According to an article in France Football from last year, it centred around PSG's stunning exit from the Champions League at the hands of Barcelona.

That was a low in Emery's reign, with PSG going out of the competition after conceding three goals in the space of six minutes.

Ben Arfa reacted by telling the now Arsenal boss that he would never get past the quarter-finals of the competition as a manager, even if he had the best team in the world.

That was not all when it came to the relationship between the pair.

The now 31-year-old would also do impressions of Emery attempting to speak French when around other players in the dressing room.

Arsenal must overturn the deficit when Rennes visit the Emirates Stadium. A 2-0 scoreline, without reply, would be enough for the Gunners to go through via an away goal.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Chimurenga Rebel
Egg
Egg
Re: Ben Arfa: Emery has NOT changed and I laughed in his fac

Post by Chimurenga Rebel »

Ben Arfa needs to be reminded there is still a second leg to play. He needs to keep his mouth shut.
"Just call me the Chimurenga Man. A guerilla. Soldier of peace.Man of the people. I write love poems with the barrel of my gun. For Africa always." - Japheth Ncube
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Chimurenga Rebel wrote:Ben Arfa needs to be reminded there is still a second leg to play. He needs to keep his mouth shut.
who is going to remind him? Emery? or Ozil? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Even if there is a second leg, Arfa has made his point although in my opinion he is a twat and is crowing too early. I expect Arsenal to destroy Rennes in London.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Without Sokratis, Lacazette and with Cech in goal, Mustafi in Defense, Arsenal better score 6-7 goals. And who is going to score those?
Aubameyang has looked like a POS recently. Ozil and Iwobi refuse to score goals anyway or don't have the skills to do so consistently. Our midfield is piss poor, when it comes to goal scoring.
Nacho, Mikhi and Kocelny are going to have to score the goals.
Cristao II wrote:Even if there is a second leg, Arfa has made his point although in my opinion he is a twat and is crowing too early. I expect Arsenal to destroy Rennes in London.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

bepanda wrote:Without Sokratis, Lacazette and with Cech in goal, Mustafi in Defense, Arsenal better score 6-7 goals. And who is going to score those?
Aubameyang has looked like a POS recently. Ozil and Iwobi refuse to score goals anyway or don't have the skills to do so consistently. Our midfield is piss poor, when it comes to goal scoring.
Nacho, Mikhi and Kocelny are going to have to score the goals.
Cristao II wrote:Even if there is a second leg, Arfa has made his point although in my opinion he is a twat and is crowing too early. I expect Arsenal to destroy Rennes in London.
So what - they had a bad game. It happens to everybody. Even when I play PES, I have a bad day!! How much more human beings. Get behind your team.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Can you imagine? A Newcastle failure yabbing THE Arsenal coach! Wonders shall never end.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Nkume wrote:Can you imagine? A Newcastle failure yabbing THE Arsenal coach! Wonders shall never end.

Arsenal Trophies since 2004-2005 to Present

EPL - 0

FA CUP - 2004–05, 2013–14, 2014–15, 2016–17

Community Shield - 2014, 2015, 2017

Ben Arfa's Trophies since 2004-2005 to Present

Lyon

Ligue 1: 2004–05, 2005–06, 2006–07, 2007–08
Coupe de France: 2007–08
Trophée des Champions: 2006, 2007

Marseille

Ligue 1: 2009–10
Coupe de la Ligue: 2009–10
Trophée des Champions: 2010

Paris Saint-Germain

Coupe de France: 2016–17
Coupe de la Ligue: 2016–17
Trophée des Champions: 2016
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

This says more about Ben Arfa than it does Emery.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

This Ben Arfa guy I warn beloved fans about this boy.Watch him come to London and play his heart out like Messi.We are in trouble ooooh.This is a tough p[eriod for us,players falling apart and tough games around the corner.This Manu guys coming again at emirate to add salt in our wounds.God help Emery oooh.
Well lets hope we beat them like 4-1 but who go score?
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

danfo driver wrote:
Biko Danfo free beloved :boo: :boo: :boo:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

theYemster wrote:This says more about Ben Arfa than it does Emery.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Yea, it Says Ben Arfa defeated Emery and laughed in his face.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

danfo driver wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Yea, it Says Ben Arfa defeated Emery and laughed in his face.
I wonder what his(..and your) reaction will be when Arsenal wins the return leg and qualify for the next round. :D
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Ben Arfa's team is 10th in the pedestrian League 1 ... Duh ...
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cito wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
I wonder what his(..and your) reaction will be when Arsenal wins the return leg and qualify for the next round. :D
At that time, you and Nnai Emery should also laugh in his face. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

bepanda wrote:Ben Arfa's team is 10th in the pedestrian League 1 ... Duh ...
And yet, Ben Arfa has been more successful than the whole of Arsenal since 2004. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Chimurenga Rebel
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimurenga Rebel »

What's Ben Arfa saying tonight???
"Just call me the Chimurenga Man. A guerilla. Soldier of peace.Man of the people. I write love poems with the barrel of my gun. For Africa always." - Japheth Ncube
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

danfo driver wrote:
Cito wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
At that time, you and Nnai Emery should also laugh in his face. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:bump:
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Chimurenga Rebel wrote:What's Ben Arfa saying tonight???
Ben Arfa say he was seeking attention so Arsenal could show interest and sign him.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

That he, the footballer, has won more successful than Arsenal since 2014. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

kajifu wrote:
Ben Arfa say he was seeking attention so Arsenal could show interest and sign him.
ben Arfa has won more than Arsenal. he is too big for Arsenal.
elerineye
Egg
Egg

Post by elerineye »

danfo driver wrote:
kajifu wrote:
ben Arfa has won more than Arsenal. he is too big for Arsenal.
Bros abeg allow goalpost remain for one place. Is the fool still laughing?
...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. - Phil. 2: 12

...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. - Josh. 24: 15

"You need to grow up and respect the fact that people can disagree with you without you getting personal about it. People have a right to express their opinion and you have no right to try and suppress the rights of others because you do not like or disagree with it." - Waffiman