The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2019

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2

Post by Cito »

kajifu wrote:Tomorrow oooh tough draw,Chelsea coach said he is concentrating on Europa to win his first trophy.Hope Chelsea get Napoli
Arsenal will get Valencia or Napoli... :taunt:
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Hope we get to see Santi :sneaky:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

anikulapo wrote:
Nkume wrote:The Big OG scored a hat trick.

Bia Ngwa Cannibal take ya man lust over to the Chelsea thread. They have others like you over there

Why you always like to KO people? :)
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:

Villarreal or Slavia Prague
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Excuse me as Kos stirs the pot....

https://www.football.london/arsenal-fc/ ... r-15976868
Our record against the other big six teams this season is positive," he said. "We have won 12 points compared to six last season"

"It shows how we are approaching those games differently. It is not just about attacking. We are more intelligent, we are more measured in our plans. We can change tactics halfway through a game, we can set up differently.

"The manager is using different formations and it shows his flexibility and the players' too which is good think. Of course, we still need to do better away from home in the big games but we are on the right path."

Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Where would Arsenal be today, if Emery didn't have all these unfortunate injuries midway through the season?
Monreal coming back and replacing Kola (and sometimes Xhaka) in defense has been huge.
Injuries are part of the game. I understand that. But when your squad is thin and you need to replace Monreal, Koscelny, Bellerin and the young Rob Holding.
And when your squad is full of dead weight like Lichsteiner, Jenkinson ... that you didn't sign.
When your board tells you ... we don't have any money to spend, while the competition is buying everything ...
Bepanda
Tunisian Gooner wrote:Excuse me as Kos stirs the pot....
Our record against the other big six teams this season is positive," he said. "We have won 12 points compared to six last season"
"It shows how we are approaching those games differently. It is not just about attacking. We are more intelligent, we are more measured in our plans. We can change tactics halfway through a game, we can set up differently.
"The manager is using different formations and it shows his flexibility and the players' too which is good think. Of course, we still need to do better away from home in the big games but we are on the right path."
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Imagine, this is the effort you pay 400k per week for? Aside from doing shyt the whole game he actually turned away from AMN’s opportunity that led to the second goal right here.

Yet some joker said he was a Boss :scared:

These Ozilites :rotf:

MLK.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Awon boys coming correct as usual. I am very proud of the team.
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Cito wrote:
kajifu wrote:Tomorrow oooh tough draw,Chelsea coach said he is concentrating on Europa to win his first trophy.Hope Chelsea get Napoli
Arsenal will get Valencia or Napoli... :taunt:
Called it! Napoli it is.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Arsenal will play first at home. The schedule will be switched as they can’t play same day at home with Chelsea.
SylverEagles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SylverEagles »

Kai!!! Why is Claudio Ranieri moonlighting as Deputy Secretary of UEFA?! :tic: He and Pierre gave us the worst draw. :twisted:
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Vivienne Miedema! Arsenal's hattrick machine! (She has scored 3 hattricks in 15 matches).
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:Excuse me as Kos stirs the pot....

Ain't zilch stirred if we don't keep the same consistency away from home - cos that's how we get 3rd - then i'll order a menu. Nice to see after you saw this squad as a bunch of losers unworthy of being coached - now you see the sky as the limit - Welcome!!!
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Our Europa draw should be looked at through the match ups our nearest rivals for 3rd & 4th(Scum, Blues & ManU) got - Chelsea looks alright but Spurs could easily drop mega pts playing ManC 3times in 11days or something. ManU got Barca - real problems.
We've Everton & Watford to play b4 the ties vs Napoli & Palace after the 2nd leg - gotta play team defence from the Toon onward - must use that squad - the Elnenys etc got contributions to make - this is where Emery earns his corn - Napoli has a 6pt gap to 3rd place Serie A team - let's do this.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

MLK.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

My people can some one explain me how if this play out
Let say EPL season top 6 end like this
Liverpool
City
Arsenal
Spurs
Manu
Chelsea
then we have Chelsea win Europa and manu win CL.
Do we have 6 teams in CL next season?
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

why is Arsenal always "talking" to people while others sign them?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Chief how good as a director of football..
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

kajifu wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Chief how good as a director of football..
People, he failed at Roma - that's why he's leaving - methinks we dodged a bullet. He knows the La Liga - IBerian & S. American market but not enough to make a dent at Roma - nah.
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

Tough luck with the Europa League draw. We're on the difficult side of the bracket and will need to defeat the 2nd best team in Italy, one of the better La Liga sides, and then likely our nemesis Chelsea in the final. Very unlikely IMO. Anyways, at least we have 2 paths to the CL. Getting KO'd from Europa won't be an awful thing as we could focus on finishing 3rd or 4th in the league.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Heliopolis wrote:Tough luck with the Europa League draw. We're on the difficult side of the bracket and will need to defeat the 2nd best team in Italy, one of the better La Liga sides, and then likely our nemesis Chelsea in the final. Very unlikely IMO. Anyways, at least we have 2 paths to the CL. Getting KO'd from Europa won't be an awful thing as we could focus on finishing 3rd or 4th in the league.
The hope for a Europa K.O. is lame - let's take our present form & team solidarity forward - try to improve our EPL away form - Napoli & The Blues have to come thru us & we ain't got no inferiority complex - we in this dance for the Trophies too. Shoulders to the wheel!!!!!!
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Wonder if Monchi is frontin to start a bidding war for services but if it is true that he is returning to Sevilla where does that leave Arsenal.

Ahem maybe it’s not too late to go mend the fences with Sven :idea: :idea:

MLK.