[MUFC] Ole Gunnar Solksjaer (Mar 28, 2019)...

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [MUFC] Ole Gunnar Solksjaer

Post by wiseone »

"Metro.co.uk understands Solskjaer held an informal meeting with the club’s board in their London office in February to discuss the areas of the squad he’d like to invest in and he informed club executives that the club need to strengthen at right-back, left-back, right wing and attacking midfield."

Agree re RB. Ash (a converted winger) has toiled manfully at RB but at 33 is not a long term option. Dalot is still raw. We need a "hit the ground running" option at RB. I understand him wanting cover at LB given the injury records of Shaw and Mark Red...which makes the sale of Daley Blind even more baffling! We need a DM, not an AM. Already have enough AMs with Pogba, Mata, and potentially Andrinho. Ruben Neves or Rabiot would do the DM job nicely.

Contradictory statement:

"United are prepared to hand Solskjaer a budget of around £200m and will reallocate any funds raised from player sales to bolster his kitty."

How the TF are they going to re-allocate funds from releasing Tony V (free transfer?!) and Darmian? Not as if someone will come in and bid 50 million for Darmian!
Last edited by wiseone on Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

wiseone wrote:"Metro.co.uk understands Solskjaer held an informal meeting with the club’s board in their London office in February to discuss the areas of the squad he’d like to invest in and he informed club executives that the club need to strengthen at right-back, left-back, right wing and attacking midfield."

Agree re RB. Ash (a converted winger) has toiled manfully at RB but at 33 is not a long term option. Dalot is still raw. We need a "hit the ground running option at RB". I understand him wanting cover at LB given the injury records of Shaw and Mark Red. Which makes the sale of Daley Blind even more baffling! We need a DM, not an AM. Already have enough AMs with Pogba, Mata, and potentially Andrinho. Ruben Neves or Rabiot would do the DM job nicely.

Contradictory statement:

"United are prepared to hand Solskjaer a budget of around £200m and will reallocate any funds raised from player sales to bolster his kitty."

How the TF are they going to re-allocate funds from releasing Tony V (free transfer?!) and Darmian. Not as if someone will come in and bid 50 million for Darmian!
The Big Fella

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

We have to sell at least 3-4 players
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:We have to sell at least 3-4 players
since LVG did a clear out, we have not done it

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

12 odd million?
tfco wrote: The Big Fella
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

LVG overdid it. There was no good reason to ditch Di Maria, Zaha, Chicharito, Welbz, Rafa, and Keane at that time.

Make it fine tuning this time. Not a cull. Tony V, one of Smalling, Jones, and Red, plus Johnny Kills.
tfco wrote:
marko wrote:We have to sell at least 3-4 players
since LVG did a clear out, we have not done it
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Next season, for the type of high energy football OGS is trying to play, it will require younger and fitter legs, we have all seen these players drop like leaves, i will concentrate on right back, central defence,central midfield, get rid of Sanchez, Mata, Young, valencia, wrong side of 30, possibly Matic, add Jones to that list
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:Next season, for the type of high energy football OGS is trying to play, it will require younger and fitter legs, we have all seen these players drop like leaves, i will concentrate on right back, central defence,central midfield, get rid of Sanchez, Mata, Young, valencia, wrong side of 30, possibly Matic, add Jones to that list
i don't think you've been paying attention to the United news recently

The highlighted just signed contract extensions

Translation: they will be around next year

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

tfco wrote:
marko wrote:Next season, for the type of high energy football OGS is trying to play, it will require younger and fitter legs, we have all seen these players drop like leaves, i will concentrate on right back, central defence,central midfield, get rid of Sanchez, Mata, Young, valencia, wrong side of 30, possibly Matic, add Jones to that list

nope! will get a transfer fee! thats what it means, same as felliani made united 11 million or? right now OGS knows the players he needs for his brand of football, they will listen to offers for some, i hope mata, matic, young, jones, sanchez leave, we cant take passengers next season

Marko
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

No one is going to pay a significant transfer fee to buy a 33yo on over $100K a week who will come and inflate their wage bill and block the progress of younger players.
marko wrote: nope! will get a transfer fee! thats what it means, same as felliani made united 11 million or? right now OGS knows the players he needs for his brand of football, they will listen to offers for some, i hope mata, matic, young, jones, sanchez leave, we cant take passengers next season
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

wiseone wrote:No one is going to pay a significant transfer fee to buy a 33yo on over $100K a week who will come and inflate their wage bill and block the progress of younger players.
marko wrote: nope! will get a transfer fee! thats what it means, same as felliani made united 11 million or? right now OGS knows the players he needs for his brand of football, they will listen to offers for some, i hope mata, matic, young, jones, sanchez leave, we cant take passengers next season
no mind marko

we just renewed jones, young, mata
why did we not renew valencia so as to get transfer fee on him?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

tfco wrote:
wiseone wrote:No one is going to pay a significant transfer fee to buy a 33yo on over $100K a week who will come and inflate their wage bill and block the progress of younger players.
no mind marko

we just renewed jones, young, mata
why did we not renew valencia so as to get transfer fee on him?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Nobody will buy valencia

Marko
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

marko wrote:
tfco wrote:

nope! will get a transfer fee! thats what it means, same as felliani made united 11 million or? right now OGS knows the players he needs for his brand of football, they will listen to offers for some, i hope mata, matic, young, jones, sanchez leave, we cant take passengers next season
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: How can someone be like this? :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

if our players are fit, we can do it against Barca

we've done it before

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

tfco wrote:if our players are fit, we can do it against Barca

we've done it before
Barca have beaten us a few times! nothing is impossible, we need to run at thir defence, force them to make errors

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

FA Cup Quarter Final

80' gone

we are 2-0 down

Today is the 1st game OGS has been in charge...i can honestly say

THE PLAYERS LET HIM DOWN
whether we win this game or not

only Romero can hold his head up

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

cic old boy wrote:
tfco wrote:

:rotf: :rotf:
how one can use a performance against Fulham to justify Anthony Martial's recent form is just.so.weird

Martial has regressed since Nov. He was on a scoring spree in Sep/Oct
OK, judging by 40mins of play is better than judging over a full game.
those who watch games know about Martial
90 minutes against Wolves

another one of his u-n-d-e-r-p-e-r-f-o-r-m-e-d games
He has regressed since Nov.

but tell me how Mata said Martial is the new Ronaldo and his MoM performance against Fulham

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

And it begins.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

tfco wrote:
cic old boy wrote:
tfco wrote:

:rotf: :rotf:
how one can use a performance against Fulham to justify Anthony Martial's recent form is just.so.weird

Martial has regressed since Nov. He was on a scoring spree in Sep/Oct
OK, judging by 40mins of play is better than judging over a full game.
those who watch games know about Martial
90 minutes against Wolves

another one of his u-n-d-e-r-p-e-r-f-o-r-m-e-d games
He has regressed since Nov.

but tell me how Mata said Martial is the new Ronaldo and his MoM performance against Fulham

1....2....3.... count down to Enugu blogger posting a picture from the stash of his Portuguese lover :taunt: :taunt: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

no time for excuses, tell it like it is
Pogba - poor
Martial - poor
Matic/Herrera - poor
Rashford - poor

Romero - saving grace

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

Where is Mike Phelan? I read that he has returned to Australia
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

realtrouble wrote:Where is Mike Phelan? I read that he has returned to Australia
he was there...sat with OGS

today it was not a coaching issue...the players just did not commit

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S