Messi cannot touch Ronaldo in football

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Messi cannot touch Ronaldo in football

Post by Coach »

He must join the one true Celtic, to prove beyond all doubt.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

But it wasn’t at Ibrox.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Messi is great, Ronaldo is great, however I am liking more and more Rons body of work. I like that he has moved around to prove his point. Yes Juve are 7 times champions but it was still a risk coming over.

Everyone has their opinion on the two, but for me CRon is the better overall player and the fact that he won for Portugal says it all.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

[/video]

This comment sums up my feelings also about this debate.
These two guys must be appreciated for how good they have been at the pinnacle of European club football for the last decade, it is because of how good they have been that the debate is always about them.
Their talents and achievements are simply to be enjoyed and appreciated whilst we still can, and not belittled when compared to each other.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

It's a tough call.

Just watching Messi work his magic against Real Betis last night brought this home.

I suspect, we'll always debate this but I like Benteke's argument that Ronaldo has tested his gifts at 3 different clubs at a high level and won it for country in the Euros.
Last edited by cchinukw on Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

airwolex wrote:Messi is great, Ronaldo is great, however I am liking more and more Rons body of work. I like that he has moved around to prove his point. Yes Juve are 7 times champions but it was still a risk coming over.

Everyone has their opinion on the two, but for me CRon is the better overall player and the fact that he won for Portugal says it all.
Agreed, Cristao having played for multiple Glasgow Celtics, does sneak a yard on Oga Messi. The latter’s failure to deliver the World Cup singlehandedly, for the new David’s Holland, is further indictment against the diminutive DoST. Have argued many times over, were Henrikh Larsson a little less melanocytic, he’d be acknowledged as the GOAT or atleast esi ewu. Three Celtics, including the original.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Coach wrote:
airwolex wrote:Messi is great, Ronaldo is great, however I am liking more and more Rons body of work. I like that he has moved around to prove his point. Yes Juve are 7 times champions but it was still a risk coming over.

Agreed, Cristao having played for multiple Glasgow Celtics, does sneak a yard on Oga Messi. The latter’s failure to deliver the World Cup singlehandedly, for the new David’s Holland, is further indictment against the diminutive DoST. Have argued many times over, were Henrikh Larsson a little less melanocytic, he’d be acknowledged as the GOAT or atleast esi ewu. Three Celtics, including the original.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Coachito, dem don tell you say you be real useless man? :lol: Anyway, I love reading your posts. :thumbs:
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

I understand what Mou is saying here, but I also understand it to be a cop out....

The difference between Messi and Ronaldo is the difference between a cheetah and a springbok. The former faster, more powerful, etc. But the agility of the springbok means he can do things the former can only dream of...

Its a travesty to speak of both in the same sentence, as rivals. Its an indication of how much true excellence is cheapened in this age of market jingoists, click baits and bentekes....

We can and must credit Ronaldo for the force of will and professional dedication he brings to excellence in the profession. But you cannot make a Mozart of Oliver de Coque!

You cannot. Or else the gods strike you down in the market place!!! Celtic and all....
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

txj wrote:I understand what Mou is saying here, but I also understand it to be a cop out....

The difference between Messi and Ronaldo is the difference between a cheetah and a springbok. The former faster, more powerful, etc. But the agility of the springbok means he can do things the former can only dream of...

Its a travesty to speak of both in the same sentence, as rivals. Its an indication of how much true excellence is cheapened in this age of market jingoists, click baits and bentekes....

We can and must credit Ronaldo for the force of will and professional dedication he brings to excellence in the profession. But you cannot make a Mozart of Oliver de Coque!

You cannot. Or else the gods strike you down in the market place!!! Celtic and all....
No no no, i am not like that.
I actually admire the likes of Ronaldinho, Zidane, Riqeulme more than these two guys, i was actually wondering if people ever debated this much on things like Dinho vs Zidane in their days, i doubt it.
That why i say maybe it's because they have been the two prominent players recently, and as such views become emotional.
But if you see my comments in this thread you would understand that i actually appreciate both of them and their achievements. But i understand they operate a bit different, it also depends on their teams.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

benteke wrote:
txj wrote:I understand what Mou is saying here, but I also understand it to be a cop out....

I actually admire the likes of Ronaldinho, Zidane, Riqeulme more than these two guys, i was actually wondering if people ever debated this much on things like Dinho vs Zidane in their days, i doubt it.
That why i say maybe it's because they have been the two prominent players recently, and as such views become emotional.
But if you see my comments in this thread you would understand that i actually appreciate both of them and their achievements. But i understand they operate a bit different, it also depends on their teams.

It is what is bro. I already told you what to do....
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
ardile
Egg
Egg

Post by ardile »

Peter Nieketien is best than the too boat of dem!
WENEVER..... WEAREVER ..... WOTEVER .... 4EVER .....
................................................................................... ARSENAL!!!!!

"No great things has ever been accomplished without somebody's crazy ideas; the biggest things in life have been achieved by people who, at the beginning, we would have judged crazy. And yet, if they had not had these crazy ideas, the world would have been more stupid." - Arsene Wenger..
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

txj wrote:
benteke wrote:

It is what is bro. I already told you what to do....
Yawn ....
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

“Don’t write about him, don’t try to describe him, just watch him.” Guardiola to the media about Messi.
http://www.naijiant.com/
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

I have argued this endlessly...

Still can't quite figure out how some folks can't see the obvious...They keep spouting stats; as if stats actually tell the whole story...

Comparing CRonaldo to Messi is like comparing Marco Van Basten to Maradona; or Puskas to Pele...Van Basten & Puskas were "once-in-a-generation" players; Maradona & Pele were "gods"...

We can debate whether Messi has done enough to merit a place beside Maradona & Pele... But, please, CRonaldo is nowhere near being included in that conversation...
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

How’s Cristiano not in that conversation? You can hate the man personality but give him his due respect. The likes of Maradona, Ronaldo (Brazil) Van basten, Zidane all got their chances at champions league and when you look at Ronaldo performances/accomplishments at champions league, you would have to be a Hater to say his not among the GOAT
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

They played together in La Liga for about 8 seasons, Messi was voted best player in the league 7 times....Ronaldo once.

Those were people who got to see both players every week playing against the same teams, systems and defenders.

Ronaldo is unbelievable but anybody who understands the game and is honest knows it is not a contest.

It is like saying Ruud Van Nistelrooy was better than Thierry Henry, both were great goalscorers but one of them left you with many moments that simply took your breath away.
Last edited by Skylolo on Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
To God be the glory
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Skylolo wrote:They played together in La Liga for about 8 seasons, Messi was voted best player in the league 7 times....Ronaldo once.

Those were people who got to see both players every week playing against the same teams, systems and defenders.

Ronaldo is unbelievable but anybody who understands the game and is honest knows it is not a contest.

It is like saying Ruud Van Nistelrooy was better than Thierry Henry, both were great goalscorers but one of them left you with many moments that simply took your breath away.
Slowly but surely you'll get there. Years back you were saying Rooney was better. Baby steps. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

airwolex wrote:
Skylolo wrote:They played together in La Liga for about 8 seasons, Messi was voted best player in the league 7 times....Ronaldo once.

Slowly but surely you'll get there. Years back you were saying Rooney was better. Baby steps. :clap: :clap: :clap:
I was wrong, Rooney stopped developing.....he looked like he had the world at his feet as a young player.

Ronaldo is a workaholic and is arguably the most professional great player we have ever seen. He is also very strong mentally.
Last edited by Skylolo on Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
To God be the glory
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Skylolo wrote:
airwolex wrote:

I was very wrong, Rooney stopped developing.....he was awesome as a young player.
So you understand the game but could not see what was blindingly obvious to most? Like I said, you will come around. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

airwolex wrote:
Skylolo wrote:
airwolex wrote:

I was very wrong, Rooney stopped developing.....he was awesome as a young player.
So you understand the game but could not see what was blindingly obvious to most? Like I said, you will come around. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Please show me many who felt Ronaldo was the better player after their first 2 seasons at Manure wen Ronaldo was inconsistent doing silly leg overs. Rooney looked better and more complete as a young player, Ronaldo worked his way to greatness. Power, scoring, heading etc..Who am I to knock his hard work and desire...the dude deserves everything he has achieved.

However that is also why Messi remains better...He is a natural, he just has IT. Messi today has not changed much from that little dribbler that burst on the scene that many years ago, he has matured but the IT he has is just God given. Forget about the numbers, ballon d’ors etc.....the multiple times he has damaged Nija, Chelsea, Arsenal or whichever team you support the dude has been a joy to watch.
To God be the glory
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Skylolo wrote:
airwolex wrote:
Skylolo wrote:
airwolex wrote:

Please show me many who felt Ronaldo was the better player after their first 2 seasons at Manure wen Ronaldo was inconsistent doing silly leg overs. Rooney looked better and more complete as a young player, Ronaldo worked his way to greatness. Power, scoring, heading etc..Who am I to knock his hard work and desire...the dude deserves everything he has achieved.

However that is also why Messi remains better...He is a natural, he just has IT. Messi today has not changed much from that little dribbler that burst on the scene that many years ago, he has matured but the IT he has is just God given. Forget about the numbers, ballon d’ors etc.....the multiple times he has damaged Nija, Chelsea, Arsenal or whichever team you support the dude has been a joy to watch.
Bros...we all make mistakes, but I knew Ron had a higher ceiling than Rooney and told you at the time.
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

airwolex wrote:
Skylolo wrote:
airwolex wrote:
Skylolo wrote:
airwolex wrote:

Bros...we all make mistakes, but I knew Ron had a higher ceiling than Rooney and told you at the time.
You did...I remember well well.... :mrgreen:
To God be the glory
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

airwolex wrote:

CRon the Mancunian candidate. Add to that Messi’s sterile social media presence, loyalty to one Celtic and Albicelestian origin, ‘tis no wonder he’s forever one Celtic too short.