U23: LIBYA 2 vs NIGERIA 0 (FT) (March 2019)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: U23: LIBYA 2 vs NIGERIA 0 (FT)

Post by Gotti »

john12 wrote:The more I see results like this makes me appreciate ROHR more. I remember SE struggling against
All manner of teams in Africa away and losing or drawing. Now, rohr has normalize qualifying from African groups with a game in hand and people still have the nerve to open their STINKING mouth to insult him. SMH
Quit comparing chalk with cheese...

Assembling players who have never played together before and, with barely ONE DAY of practice, playing a competitive away game is nowhere near anything that Rohr has ever faced with the SE.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Gotti wrote:
john12 wrote:The more I see results like this makes me appreciate ROHR more. I remember SE struggling against
All manner of teams in Africa away and losing or drawing. Now, rohr has normalize qualifying from African groups with a game in hand and people still have the nerve to open their STINKING mouth to insult him. SMH

Assembling players who have never played together before and, with barely ONE DAY of practice, playing a competitive away game is nowhere near anything that Rohr has ever faced with the SE.
Are you minding him?

This is actually more on the NFF, including Rohr who is as dumb as rocks. A smarter & more hardworking coach would have known that the same team (for the most part) should have played the 3 matches coming up.

2 teams made sense if both games were on the weekend, but once it was clear that this game was on a Wednesday, then the likes of Uzoho, Ndidi, Ebuehi, Onyekuru, Osimhen, Iwobi, Ajayi (excuse me if any of the above is not eligible for U-23) should have been the core of this team, and flown directly to Tunis.

The 5-6 over 23 guys the German wants to see over the weekend could have flown directly to Nigeria to wait for them

After taking care of business, they fly to Nigeria for the Academic games coming up.

I wonder how many other Olymoic qualifiers were played today.

Sometime, I feel like borrowing the famous term from Chairman Cellular, but I won't. Not that John 12 doesn't deserve it though.
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

What a damp squib. I was actually looking forward to this game, instead I saw 2-0 feels like film trick
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Lmao see me see trouble! Now, you’re blaming rohr for not releasing his first team players for an upcoming u23 game. Chai! I cant come and kill myself and I have heard it all. Do you think players are machine? Trust me, rohr would had defeated this Libya team with the same squad I remember him defeating Zambia at Lusaka
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

truetalk wrote:
Gotti wrote:

Are you minding him?

This is actually more on the NFF, including Rohr who is as dumb as rocks. A smarter & more hardworking coach would have known that the same team (for the most part) should have played the 3 matches coming up.

2 teams made sense if both games were on the weekend, but once it was clear that this game was on a Wednesday, then the likes of Uzoho, Ndidi, Ebuehi, Onyekuru, Osimhen, Iwobi, Ajayi (excuse me if any of the above is not eligible for U-23) should have been the core of this team, and flown directly to Tunis.

The 5-6 over 23 guys the German wants to see over the weekend could have flown directly to Nigeria to wait for them

After taking care of business, they fly to Nigeria for the Academic games coming up.
:blink: :???: :blink: :???: :blink: :???: :blink:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

john12 wrote:Lmao see me see trouble! Now, you’re blaming rohr for not releasing his first team players for an upcoming u23 game. Chai! I cant come and kill myself and I have heard it all. Do you think players are machine? Trust me, rohr would had defeated this Libya team with the same squad I remember him defeating Zambia at Lusaka
With a team that had already played against Tanzania at home the previous month...

Furthermore, the squad that Rohr inherited even before the Tanzania game had already played several games together (there was NOT a single debutant in the Zambia game). In contrast, in this instance, we are not discussing a new coach but players who have NEVER played together. Chalk and Cheese!
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Damunk wrote:
truetalk wrote:
Gotti wrote:

Are you minding him?

Let me break it down for you.

About half of the players we have used from the time the WC started are U-23.

We have 3 games in a week. One is a friendly, one is effectively meaningless, and one is an Olympic qualifier.

A little bit of thinking & scheduling would have ensured we filed out today with something close to our National team, & not one with players who may have never met each other before yesterday.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

truetalk wrote:
Damunk wrote:
truetalk wrote:
Gotti wrote:

Are you minding him?

We have 3 games in a week. One is a friendly, one is effectively meaningless, and one is an Olympic qualifier.

A little bit of thinking & scheduling would have ensured we filed out today with something close to our National team, & not one with players who may have never met each other before yesterday.
Its an opinion which you are entitled to.
The explanation wasn't needed cos it was clear what you were thinking.
However, your suggestion really get as e be. :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

truetalk wrote:
Gotti wrote:

Are you minding him?

Sometime, I feel like borrowing the famous term from Chairman Cellular, but I won't. Not that John 12 doesn't deserve it though.
You'll be over stretching them by putting them in SE games and Olympics rubbish. The problem lies in the qualification format not the NFF's decisions. Olympic representatives should simply be the teams that finished top three at the U20 tournament the year before.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Damunk wrote:
truetalk wrote:
Damunk wrote:
truetalk wrote:
Gotti wrote:

Are you minding him?

Its an opinion which you are entitled to.
The explanation wasn't needed cos it was clear what you were thinking.
However, your suggestion really get as e be. :idea:
This was an administrative and planning blunder.
Nothing more.

Hopefully, we can pull it out of the bag, but the guys in the office blew this one.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

kalani JR wrote:
truetalk wrote:
Gotti wrote:

Are you minding him?

You'll be over stretching them by putting them in SE games and Olympics rubbish. The problem lies in the qualification format not the NFF's decisions. Olympic representatives should simply be the teams that finished top three at the U20 tournament the year before.
What are you talking about?

The 2 other games are the light ones, & you have a large enough squad to ensure that no one plays more than 2 games.

This was the only competitive game that mattered in this stretch. You have to put the best team forward, not one where players have never met each other.
Last edited by truetalk on Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

john12 wrote:Lmao see me see trouble! Now, you’re blaming rohr for not releasing his first team players for an upcoming u23 game. Chai! I cant come and kill myself and I have heard it all. Do you think players are machine? Trust me, rohr would had defeated this Libya team with the same squad I remember him defeating Zambia at Lusaka
Bros, don't be too sure. Rohr had a team of foreign-based players and collapsed at home 0-2 to a largely home-based South African team. It was clear that the Nigerian team did possibly 70% of what is required in this game against Libya and dominated possession. Unfortunately, lack of ideas in the attacking area was a huge disappointment and Libya broke out two times to score undeservedly. I have no doubt that Nigeria will dominate Monday in Asaba. The big question, however, is do they have enough time to solve the problem in the scoring area because Libya will be far more committed to defense that they did in Tunisia.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Didn't watch the game. A question I have is who played as our AM during the game, and how the AM fared? From the list of midfielders invited it looked like Nwakali would probably play in that position. However, I'm not sure that is even his best position. I wonder if he would be better as a CM/DM as opposed to playing as an AM. He has also been used mainly on the wings since he went to Europe.
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

This sounds like a tricky second leg. It takes a well-organised team to break any side which chooses to park the bus. Historically, U-23 coaches usually use home-based players to execute the qualifying games and strengthen with pros after qualification. This, however, is different. 24 hours and only one training session? That's a stretch.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

olu wrote:Didn't watch the game. A question I have is who played as our AM during the game, and how the AM fared? From the list of midfielders invited it looked like Nwakali would probably play in that position. However, I'm not sure that is even his best position. I wonder if he would be better as a CM/DM as opposed to playing as an AM. He has also been used mainly on the wings since he went to Europe.
The video is on the FB link, so you should try to watch it...

Only saw the second-half, and by then we were down to 10 players, but it was difficult to tell what formation we were playing (or that we started with), with Azubuike and Nwakali both seeming to be playing more centrally in central-midfield than in more traditional defensive and attacking roles - with each alternatively holding and/or creating as the situation dictated.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Gotti wrote:
olu wrote:Didn't watch the game. A question I have is who played as our AM during the game, and how the AM fared? From the list of midfielders invited it looked like Nwakali would probably play in that position. However, I'm not sure that is even his best position. I wonder if he would be better as a CM/DM as opposed to playing as an AM. He has also been used mainly on the wings since he went to Europe.
The video is on the FB link, so you should try to watch it...

Only saw the second-half, and by then we were down to 10 players, but it was difficult to tell what formation we were playing (or that we started with), with Azubuike and Nwakali both seeming to be playing more centrally in central-midfield than in more traditional defensive and attacking roles - with each alternatively holding and/or creating as the situation dictated.
The 'messiah' that we are waiting for :)
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

truetalk wrote:
Gotti wrote:

Are you minding him?

I can't believe what I'm reading here. :shock:

So are you saying we should have put a makeshift team together of established SE players because we don't have an U23 team?? :? Even if you could get them to play this qualifier, these players would not be available for the rest of the qualifiers. It means you have no team to prosecute the qualifiers. What has the U23 coach been doing all this time?

Moreover, it is highly unlikely that players who have performed at the highest level in senior football, i.e. played at the World Cup, would be motivated to want to fly from their clubs all the way from Europe for an Olympics qualifier. Jeez, many of them would even pass up the opportunity to play at the Olympics itself (if we do qualify), talkless of a qualifier in Tunisia.

The players I see listed for the qualifier are as good as other successful U23 sides we've had. The likes of Nwakali are more accomplished than the players Siasia had in his qualifiers 4 years ago. So this is not about the quality of the players but the lack of preparation.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg
Re: U23: LIBYA 2 vs NIGERIA 0 (FT) - Match Videos

Post by Otitokoro »

First Half:
[/video]

Second Half:
[/video]
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

Thanks for posting this video. From what I saw here, it wasn't as bad a performance as I expected based on the result. For a team of players who had never played together before they actually didn't do too bad. I'm confident thst with a few training sessions together, we should be able to win the return leg. Can we score 3 goals? That's the question.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

truetalk wrote:
Gotti wrote:

Are you minding him?

Senior Uncle, what term might that be?

Ps., the result is an appropriate one. We assemble players, and do line-up like we dey CE... and expect to beat a TEAM who have been playing together? :roll:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Orion wrote:
truetalk wrote:
Gotti wrote:

Are you minding him?

I can't believe what I'm reading here. :shock:

So are you saying we should have put a makeshift team together of established SE players because we don't have an U23 team?? :? Even if you could get them to play this qualifier, these players would not be available for the rest of the qualifiers. It means you have no team to prosecute the qualifiers. What has the U23 coach been doing all this time?

Moreover, it is highly unlikely that players who have performed at the highest level in senior football, i.e. played at the World Cup, would be motivated to want to fly from their clubs all the way from Europe for an Olympics qualifier. Jeez, many of them would even pass up the opportunity to play at the Olympics itself (if we do qualify), talkless of a qualifier in Tunisia.

The players I see listed for the qualifier are as good as other successful U23 sides we've had. The likes of Nwakali are more accomplished than the players Siasia had in his qualifiers 4 years ago. So this is not about the quality of the players but the lack of preparation.
Thank you Orion, was just about to say the same thing....this is like the Nigerian elections....u don’t prepare and expect to win?

This team coaches knows (I assume) a month ago that the pros won’t be released on time to fully prepare for the match. So why invite them? He saw them in training and saw that they cannot play together. So why not go for a more pragmatic defensive line-up and leave Libya with a draw or 1-0 lose.

This rubbish is on the coaches and on Nigerians as a whole. Who appointed a coach with no plan or manifesto? Come on....how long will Nigerians keep defending rubbish....

The coaching was poor and ill-prepared, so they quite rightly lost.
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

Bigpokey24 wrote::lol: :lol: youth football, that nwakali is one overrated junk

:bump: :bump: :bump: :bump: :bump:
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

chief nfachairman wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote::lol: :lol: youth football, that nwakali is one overrated junk

:bump: :bump: :bump: :bump: :bump:
I no wan talk but after watching the video the bobo might not be the smart player we thought he was, constantly overdoing things and losing the ball in dangerous positions with available options free all around him. No wonder he is still playing youth footie...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!