If you've not seen All or Nothing, Man City docu, please do

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet
If you've not seen All or Nothing, Man City docu, please do

Post by ohsee »

[/video]
This is just the trailer for the 8 episode documentary on Man City's record-setting season. To get it, you need Amazon Prime. Maybe you can order it, I dunno.

This is an excellent record of the 2017/2018 season, with an insider look at what happens in the dressing room, in pre-game tactical discussions, and in post game post-mortems.

You get snippets of the personalities of the players--Benjamin Mendy na betta craseman, and he was one of the stars of the documentary even though he spent most of the season in rehab--you find out a lot about Pep, and that he is a likeable guy, on the documentary anyway, as finessed by the film editor. You find out about the owners, etc.

Even the women who wash the player's undawia get a chance to be seen. The cooks, the trainers, etc.

Various debates we have here are shown to be wack. For instance,those who say coaching does not matter :roll: :roll: you know who you are. In this documentary, you find out that the claim that the team plays "the Guardiola Way," is not a joke. Pep is a hard taskmaster, and you see him at it, pushing the players and working out tactics with individual players, or players in a group. Yet you see him sing the praises of players when they win. For example, when they beat Chelsea in the first game that season due to a long range strike from Debruyner, after the game, Pep ran into the dressing room where the players were celebrating, grabbed a jersey, started swinging it around and jumping up and down while leading the fan chant-song, "Oh Kevin-Debruy-NAH!"

For instance, those who think "it is just a game," will quickly change their minds when they observe the fierce intensity with which these guys AND THEIR COACH approach their business. They are not playing.

The owners are caught up in the desire to win and set records--it is not just a plaything for them.

And we find out about their great captain Vinny (him iyawo fine well-well) who is described as "a highly intelligent man" (did you know he has an MBA which he got while playing for City?), and whose father-in-law is a Man U fan?

It is a great documentary, good for anyone who wants to understand what happens behind the scenes. :thumb:

It will also be good for txj who can now find out how real coaching actually works. :D :taunt: :sneaky:
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: If you've not seen All or Nothing, Man City docu, please

Post by Kabalega »

I saw this for free somewhere online.

I wonder what the plan is when(?) Pep goes to Juve.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Thanks. I go try watch am but need to make the time for an 8 series long docu. :thumb:
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=290796

discussed on this thread :thumb:

Thoroughly entertaining. :clap: :clap: :clap:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:viewtopic.php?f=1&t=290796

discussed on this thread :thumb:

Thoroughly entertaining. :clap: :clap: :clap:
:mad: :mad:
Damn search engines. I searched for it first to see if anyone had posted it before and I did not find it. :mad: Anyway, thanks. Mods, please merge the threads.

Anyway, I also blame ohsee for not visiting Eagles Nest often enough. :D Thanks Oga Doc.