2019 ANC EAGLES WOULD HAMMER 1994 EAGLES 4-0

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

kalani JR
Egg
Egg
Re: 2019 ANC EAGLES WOULD HAMMER 1994 EAGLES 4-0

Post by kalani JR »

Gotti wrote:
kalani JR wrote:Depends how you what you consider more, Ghana placed second but went a round further than us in 2010.

I personally think Egypt and Cameroon's teams of the early 00s were more impressive.
Bros, isn’t it too late for April Fool? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Three in a row and the other repeated as champions without conceding a goal.
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

JACKAL wrote:Father TIKO ,,,This one is for you.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
What was that they said about his passing accuracy...87% !!!! KPOOOM...I win again... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

https://soccernet.ng/2019/04/wilfred-nd ... estro.html
Wilfred Ndidi: Africa’s new midfield maestro
Precious 0
facebook twitter

“I’ve always had one in my teams – that sort of central pivot that orchestrates the game.
“I had Steven (Gerrard) do it for me at Liverpool and Leon Britton did it for me at Swansea, different types.”
This was Brendan Rodgers’ comments on Wilfred Ndidi after the Nigerian midfielder put up one of the best midfield displays in the Premier League so far this season as Leicester’s wonderfully picked up a 2-0 win over Bournemouth on Saturday.

A comparison with one of the Premier League’s greatest midfielder is a nice gesture but Ndidi isn’t given the attention he deserves. He’s one of the best midfield generals in England who can be a destroyer, can control play and isn’t shy of going for the goal himself. Leicester’s win over Bournemouth is a typical example of how valuable Ndidi is to Leicester’s team and how ridiculously good he can be on his day.

The 22-year old had a whopping 11 tackles against the Cherries, 7 more than all of his teammate did in the game with the team’s second-best making just two. It was like he was running the defensive midfield show alone. Not just that, Ndidi also coupled that with 14 ball recoveries, 5 clearances, 5 interceptions, 17 duels won and 87% pass accuracy. This man is definitely the complete defensive midfielder.

The Nigeria international had been deployed alongside Nampalys Mendy in the double-pivot system in many games this season but new manager Brendan Rodgers have decided to play Ndidi as the lone holding midfielder, a tactic which seem to be thriving as not just Ndidi is enjoying himself in midfield, but the team now have more confidence going forward and making positional plays as Ndidi’s prowess has allowed Youri Tielemans more freedom going forward and creating from midfield. This is one of the many reasons why Leicester have won four of their last five games.

Some of Ndidi’s stats is insane which clearly shows that he’s up there with the best defensive midfielders in the game. The player has made a total of 120 tackles, the most by any player in Europe’s top five leagues. He’s also won possession 162 times in midfield, made 65 interceptions and 69 clearances. He is a gem in Leicester City’s defensive tactics but shouldn’t be written off when creating as he’s made 19 key passes in the Premier League whilst making 28 successful dribbles.

No doubt, Ndidi is definitely one of the best defensive midfielders in England but it is quite fascinating how he doesn’t get the praises he deserves. Maybe because he’s yet to play for a top club which, by his recent performances, is very likely. The most interesting part of it all is that he’s only 22 and will only get better.
Now I'm beginning to think you're Ndidi's agent :biggrin: :biggrin: Abi manager of Ndidi Fanclub.. :taunt:

Every EPL player has one or two press articles lauding the player...even 'selected' youtube highlights of every tom & d#$% and harry are all over the web...
Most times na player agent work...

Question: How many top 6 EPL teams will start Ndidi today..? (be objective...remove your Naija bias)

Make we no fight...I'm not dissing Ndidi...He's a top player (currently one of our best)...
But currently, Ndidi never reach Oliseh level...In the future, given Ndidi's trajectory, he may even surpass Oliseh...

Na Mikel (2008-2014) be Oliseh level...
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

Na this kind press article I dey give more attention to:
Both types of player have always existed, of course – Nobby Stiles, Herbert Wimmer or Marco Tardelli being early examples of the Mascherano type, long before Claude Makelele gave the position a name; while Gérson, Glenn Hoddle or Sunday Oliseh could be seen as early incarnations of the Alonso type.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/bl ... nging-role

Read the article...no hype...

I love Ndidi...he may turn out to be our very best midfielder ever...but right now, he never reach Oliseh level...
- Bill Shankly
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

FATHER TIKO wrote:
JACKAL wrote:Father TIKO ,,,This one is for you.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
What was that they said about his passing accuracy...87% !!!! KPOOOM...I win again... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Precious 0
facebook twitter

“I’ve always had one in my teams – that sort of central pivot that orchestrates the game.
“I had Steven (Gerrard) do it for me at Liverpool and Leon Britton did it for me at Swansea, different types.”
This was Brendan Rodgers’ comments on Wilfred Ndidi after the Nigerian midfielder put up one of the best midfield displays in the Premier League so far this season as Leicester’s wonderfully picked up a 2-0 win over Bournemouth on Saturday.

A comparison with one of the Premier League’s greatest midfielder is a nice gesture but Ndidi isn’t given the attention he deserves. He’s one of the best midfield generals in England who can be a destroyer, can control play and isn’t shy of going for the goal himself. Leicester’s win over Bournemouth is a typical example of how valuable Ndidi is to Leicester’s team and how ridiculously good he can be on his day.

The 22-year old had a whopping 11 tackles against the Cherries, 7 more than all of his teammate did in the game with the team’s second-best making just two. It was like he was running the defensive midfield show alone. Not just that, Ndidi also coupled that with 14 ball recoveries, 5 clearances, 5 interceptions, 17 duels won and 87% pass accuracy. This man is definitely the complete defensive midfielder.

The Nigeria international had been deployed alongside Nampalys Mendy in the double-pivot system in many games this season but new manager Brendan Rodgers have decided to play Ndidi as the lone holding midfielder, a tactic which seem to be thriving as not just Ndidi is enjoying himself in midfield, but the team now have more confidence going forward and making positional plays as Ndidi’s prowess has allowed Youri Tielemans more freedom going forward and creating from midfield. This is one of the many reasons why Leicester have won four of their last five games.

Some of Ndidi’s stats is insane which clearly shows that he’s up there with the best defensive midfielders in the game. The player has made a total of 120 tackles, the most by any player in Europe’s top five leagues. He’s also won possession 162 times in midfield, made 65 interceptions and 69 clearances. He is a gem in Leicester City’s defensive tactics but shouldn’t be written off when creating as he’s made 19 key passes in the Premier League whilst making 28 successful dribbles.

No doubt, Ndidi is definitely one of the best defensive midfielders in England but it is quite fascinating how he doesn’t get the praises he deserves. Maybe because he’s yet to play for a top club which, by his recent performances, is very likely. The most interesting part of it all is that he’s only 22 and will only get better.
Now I'm beginning to think you're Ndidi's agent :biggrin: :biggrin: Abi manager of Ndidi Fanclub.. :taunt:

Every EPL player has one or two press articles lauding the player...even 'selected' youtube highlights of every tom & d#$% and harry are all over the web...

Question: How many top 6 EPL teams will start Ndidi today..? (be objective...remove your Naija bias)

Make we no fight...I'm not dissing Ndidi...He's a top player (currently one of our best)...
But currently, Ndidi never reach Oliseh level...In the future, given Ndidi's trajectory, he may even surpass Oliseh...

Alright Admit tit...You goofed on the Ndidi / Steven Gerrard comparism. Oya Admit it !! :agree:
You cant say Brendan rogers doesn't know what he is talking about ? Can you ? After all He coached Gerard. Who would know better ? You or him ??? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

In my dreams I would love to be Ndidis agent.!! The boy is something special :biggrin:

Maybe you are Sunday Olisehs Agent ? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

The truth is there for you to see....Oliseh never had numbers like Ndidi...I have seen both of them play and I can tell you Oliseh never impressed me. Ndidi is a Dynamo...He has alsready surpassed Sunday. Its not even really a contest.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

FATHER TIKO wrote:Na this kind press article I dey give more attention to:
Both types of player have always existed, of course – Nobby Stiles, Herbert Wimmer or Marco Tardelli being early examples of the Mascherano type, long before Claude Makelele gave the position a name; while Gérson, Glenn Hoddle or Sunday Oliseh could be seen as early incarnations of the Alonso type.

I love Ndidi...he may turn out to be our very best midfielder ever...but right now, he never reach Oliseh level...
Clearly Ndidi is more of the Mascherano, Makalele type while Oliseh is the Alonso type. Both are good at their roles, we don't need to put one down to prop up the other!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

JACKAL wrote:
FATHER TIKO wrote:

Precious 0
facebook twitter

Alright Admit tit...You goofed on the Ndidi / Steven Gerrard comparism. Oya Admit it !! :agree:
You cant say Brendan rogers doesn't know what he is talking about ? Can you ? After all He coached Gerard. Who would know better ? You or him ??? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

In my dreams I would love to be Ndidis agent.!! The boy is something special :biggrin:

The truth is there for you to see....Oliseh never had numbers like Ndidi...I have seen both of them play and I can tell you Oliseh never impressed me. Ndidi is a Dynamo...He has alsready surpassed Sunday. Its not even really a contest.
Brendan Rodgers coached Gerrard in Gerrard's twilight years... If na that version of Gerrard...na wa for Ndidi o :taunt: :taunt:
Me..? Oliseh agent..? Take ya time o...how old you think say I be..? :curse: :curse:
- Bill Shankly
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

JACKAL wrote:
FATHER TIKO wrote:

Precious 0
facebook twitter

Olowe, if you don't leave burukutu, burukutu will leave you. Just say amen :mrgreen:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

maceo4 wrote:
FATHER TIKO wrote:Na this kind press article I dey give more attention to:

Clearly Ndidi is more of the Mascherano, Makalele type while Oliseh is the Alonso type. Both are good at their roles, we don't need to put one down to prop up the other!
:thumb: :thumb:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

YemiBrazil wrote:
JACKAL wrote:
FATHER TIKO wrote:

Precious 0
facebook twitter

Olowe, if you don't leave burukutu, burukutu will leave you. Just say amen :mrgreen:
Yemiketu...You still dey .?? :bump: :bump:
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

FATHER TIKO wrote:
JACKAL wrote:
FATHER TIKO wrote:

Precious 0
facebook twitter

Brendan Rodgers coached Gerrard in Gerrard's twilight years... If na that version of Gerrard...na wa for Ndidi o :taunt: :taunt:
Me..? Oliseh agent..? Take ya time o...how old you think say I be..? :curse: :curse:
Father Tiko ..I guess you will argue till the end...baba o ni gba :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

8-0 victory for the 94 team.

[/video]
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Father Tiko…. I forget,was Oliseh ever the top Tackler in all of the tp 5 leagues... ?? :bump: :mrgreen:

Leicester City's Ndidi Named The Top Tackler In Europe's Top Five Leagues

Wilfred Ndidi's no-nonsense approach in dominating the midfield has been recognized after he was named the top tackler in Europe's top five leagues by Whoscored.com.

The Leicester City midfielder placed first ahead of Idrissa Gueye (Everton) and Aaron Wan-Bissaka (Crystal Palace).
According to the stats, Ndidi has put in more tackles than any other player in the Premier League, Bundesliga, Italian Serie A, French Ligue 1 and La Liga, with 123 tackles.[quote][/quote]

He has dispossessed an opponent two times more than Gueye and eight more than Wan-Bissaka.
In other defensive stats, the Nigeria international has made 68 interceptions, 71 clearances, 279 recoveries, won 124 aerial battles and has zero errors leading to a goal.

The product of Nath Boys Academy has been yellow carded seven times this season without being suspended for accumulated bookings.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel

https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_n ... ?nid=31702

Photo Credit : lcfc.com
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Father Tiko…. I forget,was Oliseh ever the top Tackler in all of the tp 5 leagues... ?? :bump: :mrgreen:

Leicester City's Ndidi Named The Top Tackler In Europe's Top Five Leagues

Wilfred Ndidi's no-nonsense approach in dominating the midfield has been recognized after he was named the top tackler in Europe's top five leagues by Whoscored.com.

The Leicester City midfielder placed first ahead of Idrissa Gueye (Everton) and Aaron Wan-Bissaka (Crystal Palace).
According to the stats, Ndidi has put in more tackles than any other player in the Premier League, Bundesliga, Italian Serie A, French Ligue 1 and La Liga, with 123 tackles.[quote][/quote]

He has dispossessed an opponent two times more than Gueye and eight more than Wan-Bissaka.
In other defensive stats, the Nigeria international has made 68 interceptions, 71 clearances, 279 recoveries, won 124 aerial battles and has zero errors leading to a goal.

The product of Nath Boys Academy has been yellow carded seven times this season without being suspended for accumulated bookings.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel

https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_n ... ?nid=31702

Photo Credit : lcfc.com
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

This una ndidi hype is too much. The way you guys hyped him prior to World Cup, you would had thought the bobo will light up that WC but he was just ok. Homeboy allowed oldmen modric, rakitic and co boss him. For me, the one to Hype is “etebo” who I think is more complete. He can attack and defend
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Ndidi is a solid player and a very effective destroyer, however, Oliseh was a complete midfielder and I would rate him better than Ndidi. Oliseh was good defensively and able to impact the game at both ends. We don't have a CM/DM today that has the passing range of Oliseh, not even Mikel. Some will argue that Ndidi has a high pass completion rate, however, any player that makes so many short passes will have a high completion rate.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Ndidi is a world class player
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Mikel was a better player and passer than oliseh. My friend shut up
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Oliseh was a baaaaad boy though!

[/video]
Super Eagus 4 Life!
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Go and post ndidi own too at Belgium. The bobo once scored Belgium goal of the season
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Umm, why can't you post it? You are the one trying to down our past players, I'm not comparing just saying Oliseh was no slouch. Even at that point when it was harder for Africans to get into Europe he was still able to play for the likes of Juventus, even Ndidi hasn't reach that kind of level yet.

And you are talking about goals of the season when Oliseh scored one of the best goals of a World Cup. You downplay our current team when Rohrs ability is questioned giving the excuse that we don’t have stars of the past and here you are arguing that our current stars are better than the past...which is it?
Last edited by maceo4 on Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

maceo4 wrote:Oliseh was a baaaaad boy though!

[/video]

Oliseh was really good when he was this lanky kid. He slowed down during his latter years, either due to physical constraints, or he was just playing big man football. I remember he executed some "lazy tackling" back then, as Gotti described it.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

ohenhen1 wrote:8-0 victory for the 94 team.

[/video]
King George! Together with Kanu and Amokachi are my favorite Super Eagles.

Odegbami and CCC are my favorite Green Eagles.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

I rate Olofinjana, Etuhu, Oruma, and Igiebo ahead of Ndidi not to mention a legend/maestro like Oliseh.