MY DAD DEPARTS

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: MY DAD DEPARTS

Post by Damunk »

Cristao II wrote:May his soul rest in peace. As I get older, I am beginning to treasure the times I spend with my father.
Yeah.
Bury all your differences if any, because time is short.
I was able to convince two of my sisters to do that before my dad passed.
Today they are so grateful for the times they spent with him in his last few years.

Pele, Obong.
As sons, the passing of our fathers suddenly pushes us to the frontline.
May he RIP.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

May his soul rest in the bosom of the Lord.
http://www.naijiant.com/
Gboye7777
Egg
Egg

Post by Gboye7777 »

I am sorry for your loss. But you should be proud. A good name is better than riches...
Obong wrote:Hello Cybereagles Family,
It is with a heavy heart I announce the passing of my Dad a couple of days ago. A man of distinction and integrity, he left a reputation that we, the children, will find hard to match. Many developmental projects in my community were spear-headed by him. He was exemplary in so many ways and was selfless to a fault. I've lost count of the many times total strangers have walked up to me or introduced themselves as beneficiaries of his largesse even though I don't consider him wealthy. Many "cousins" passed through our home as students of various institutions, and I only knew later that we were not even related. I even ran into a Professor at a college in Oklahoma who confessed that my Dad was responsible for his scholarship throughout secondary school and eventually sent him to the US. A Christian, an Elder of the Lutheran Church , and a High Chief of my hometown, I am privileged to be addressed as his son. The relevance to Cybereagles is because he introduced me to football. He played for several years as a midfielder with the defunct NTC Ibadan Football team in the early 1960s, and since I was a toddler, we have watched hundreds of football matches together(along with my brothers and sister). Of course he bought me my first ball. His love for Brazilian football was unmatched, and it is no surprise his favorite player was the great Garrincha of Brazil. Unsurprisingly, we adopted that as his nickname, and it stuck over the years. In fact, anytime Brazil played Nigeria, that was the only time he cheered for the opponent. He believed the Brazilians played the game the right way with the right technique. As we mourn him ,we also celebrate his many achievements, his legacies and the undoubted influence he's had on his children, grandchildren, church and community. Gentlemen, please join me in applauding the life of our own legendary Garrincha, my great Dad- the Senior Obong.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Obong wrote:Hello Cybereagles Family,
It is with a heavy heart I announce the passing of my Dad a couple of days ago. A man of distinction and integrity, he left a reputation that we, the children, will find hard to match. Many developmental projects in my community were spear-headed by him. He was exemplary in so many ways and was selfless to a fault. I've lost count of the many times total strangers have walked up to me or introduced themselves as beneficiaries of his largesse even though I don't consider him wealthy. Many "cousins" passed through our home as students of various institutions, and I only knew later that we were not even related. I even ran into a Professor at a college in Oklahoma who confessed that my Dad was responsible for his scholarship throughout secondary school and eventually sent him to the US. A Christian, an Elder of the Lutheran Church , and a High Chief of my hometown, I am privileged to be addressed as his son. The relevance to Cybereagles is because he introduced me to football. He played for several years as a midfielder with the defunct NTC Ibadan Football team in the early 1960s, and since I was a toddler, we have watched hundreds of football matches together(along with my brothers and sister). Of course he bought me my first ball. His love for Brazilian football was unmatched, and it is no surprise his favorite player was the great Garrincha of Brazil. Unsurprisingly, we adopted that as his nickname, and it stuck over the years. In fact, anytime Brazil played Nigeria, that was the only time he cheered for the opponent. He believed the Brazilians played the game the right way with the right technique. As we mourn him ,we also celebrate his many achievements, his legacies and the undoubted influence he's had on his children, grandchildren, church and community. Gentlemen, please join me in applauding the life of our own legendary Garrincha, my great Dad- the Senior Obong.
Mr Broda Obong, sorry for your loss.

A man who left a legacy that will outlive him... something we all pray for.

You should celebrate his life... for leaving it better than he met it and making an impact on his community.

May he Rest In Peace!
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

RIP to Pa Obong...
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Ebyboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Ebyboy »

May his soul find rest and repose in the bosom of
God AND may God grant you the fortitude to bear
the loss.

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]
lekanlij
Egg
Egg

Post by lekanlij »

Condolences Obong - may your Dad rest in peace!
rafflick
Egg
Egg

Post by rafflick »

May he rest in peace!
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Wishing you and your family lots of love and strength during this difficult time. Cherish the memories of your dear Dad as it appears he left an indelible mark on your and the rest of your family, including the community at large. Blessings
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Do accept my condolences. May his soul rest in perfect peace.
donzopia
Egg
Egg

Post by donzopia »

Condolences to you and yours.
FM 2020
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

My condolences Obong...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

My sincere condolences Obong. May he rest in peace. Looks like your dad lead a full and exemplary life.
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

Eyen eka song idem. Kpo
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:clap: :clap:

may he rest in perfect peace

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

jungle-jawara
Egg
Egg

Post by jungle-jawara »

Sorry bro, may he RIP!!! Amen
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

My condolences Obong. May Daddy's soul rest in peace.
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

RIP papa Obong.
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

RIP to your good Dad.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
jb
Egg
Egg

Post by jb »

He is not dead. You will see him again. This is a time for us to reflect on our lives so that we can give a good account when called to.
Peace brother.
can04
Egg
Egg

Post by can04 »

My condolences to you and your family. Your dad sounds like he was a wonderful man, and I imagine that as his son you have learned to be as he was. May he rest in peace.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

My brother Obong, sorry for your loss. That was a heart warming tribute to your Dad especially about his philanthropy. Much respect. May his soul rest in perfect peace through God’s grace.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

May his soul rest in perfect peace.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates