NIGERIA'S BEST PLAYERS ARE THE ONE'S WHO FAIL MRI SCREENING

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: NIGERIA'S BEST PLAYERS ARE THE ONE'S WHO FAIL MRI SCREEN

Post by maceo4 »

metalalloy wrote:
Ugbowo wrote:I've been wanting to stay away from the debate because of my ummmm...bias but I cant help myself.

I have some players from my academy in the current U17 team. This is how they got there.....

A coach noticed us in a tournament in Lagos and decided to come to our training to see if he any of the boys could make it. We played our U17 against our U19 when he came. The players in my U17 don't have passports but they have birth certificates and are with the academy with parental permission. The U17 coach picked the boys from my U17 team and they were invited to the first phase of camping.

NFF provided the accommodation for the boys but we were responsible for his general up keep. They all lasted in camp until the final 60. One of them just got sent home after the first batch of results came out. Others passed and some are going through the second batch testing today.

How does this lend credence to the argument? The assistant coach who came to my camp relied on my academy for age verification and the MRI test was used as a back up. He watched better players in the U19 squad and said he will make recommendations to the coaching staff there. If he wanted to cheat, he would have taken the U19 boys he really wanted.

I don't know if this helps or hurts the argument. All I know is they are trying to do the right thing from my own first hand experience.
Thanks for the insight. :clap:
Hmmmm actual first hand experience, not useless conjecture and assumptions.... :clap: :clap: :clap:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

txj wrote:First it used to be, 'where is the evidence'?
Then Adokiye and Fortune Chukwudi happened. Adokiye came with 'evidence'...

Then it was, about the timing of his evidence. The enablers of cheating screamed, why now? Why did he not do it earlier, or later?
What are his motives? He is disgruntled! He wanted to be NFF Chairman and didn't get it! He is after the NFF!

Then it became about the absence of birth records!

Thousands of Nigerians are born in the bush. They have no birth records!

They do not have money to get their birth records.

If you are an enabler of cheating, YOU ARE A CHEAT!
For you obviously, the end always justifies the means. I don’t have a problem with your bolded and italicized conclusion above. It is just an everyday truism. I do have strong reservations about how you’ve gone about assigning objects to the class of enablers of cheating. You have conveniently ignored the fact that every single item you identified is a legitimate national issue and you cannot credibly accuse people of being enablers of cheating on the basis that they believe that a known and legitimate national issue is relevant to any conclusions on the subject of age cheating :!:

Cheers.
Last edited by TonyTheTigerKiller on Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Ugbowo wrote:I've been wanting to stay away from the debate because of my ummmm...bias but I cant help myself.

I have some players from my academy in the current U17 team. This is how they got there.....

A coach noticed us in a tournament in Lagos and decided to come to our training to see if he any of the boys could make it. We played our U17 against our U19 when he came. The players in my U17 don't have passports but they have birth certificates and are with the academy with parental permission. The U17 coach picked the boys from my U17 team and they were invited to the first phase of camping.

NFF provided the accommodation for the boys but we were responsible for his general up keep. They all lasted in camp until the final 60. One of them just got sent home after the first batch of results came out. Others passed and some are going through the second batch testing today.

How does this lend credence to the argument? The assistant coach who came to my camp relied on my academy for age verification and the MRI test was used as a back up. He watched better players in the U19 squad and said he will make recommendations to the coaching staff there. If he wanted to cheat, he would have taken the U19 boys he really wanted.

I don't know if this helps or hurts the argument. All I know is they are trying to do the right thing from my own first hand experience.

kudos for your efforts, and for bringing this to light. This is quite refreshing and somewhat reassuring to skeptics like me.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

txj wrote:First it used to be, 'where is the evidence'?
Then Adokiye and Fortune Chukwudi happened. Adokiye came with 'evidence'...

Then it was, about the timing of his evidence. The enablers of cheating screamed, why now? Why did he not do it earlier, or later?
What are his motives? He is disgruntled! He wanted to be NFF Chairman and didn't get it! He is after the NFF!

Then it became about the absence of birth records!

Thousands of Nigerians are born in the bush. They have no birth records!

They do not have money to get their birth records.

If you are an enabler of cheating, YOU ARE A CHEAT!
For you obviously, the end always justifies the means. I don’t have a problem with your bolded and italicized conclusion above. It is just an everyday truism. I do have strong reservations about how you’ve gone about assigning objects to the class of enablers of cheating. You have conveniently ignored the fact that every single item you identified is a legitimate national issue and you cannot credibly accuse people of being enablers of cheating on the basis that they believe that a known and legitimate national issue is relevant to any conclusions on the subject of age cheating :!:

Cheers.
Last edited by TonyTheTigerKiller on Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

pajimoh wrote:
JACKAL wrote:Now they are saying it could be more than 15 Players that failed, and that the NFF is hiding the real number of failures, and that it could be the entire first team.

Funny that none of the papers are printing the names of the players. Cant be a coincidence that none of the publications is printing the names....even though Manu Garba announced the names. Someone must be threatening them with some sort of legal action, however, I don't see how there is any legal Jeopardy in reporting the news that says they failed the test , rather than saying they are truly not u-17.

I would suggest a different way of approaching this testing..... They should have the players pay for their own MRI screening at the approved center in Abuja. If you pass, you get reimbursed. If you fail, too bad. Those who know they are truly not U-17 will mostly not risk taking the test for the fear of losing their money. They will self eliminate themselves from the process.

Also the time lines should be moved back by 2 months so they can quickly eliminate the ones who are not going to qualify.
Now you're seeing sense in my previous suggesting of testing before camping. I like your suggestion of paying for their test and reimbursement
REALLY! DO YOU GUYS KNOW THE COST OF MRI SCAN? SOME OF THESE YOUNGSTERS CAN'T EVEN AFFORD A 3 SQUARE MEAL DITTO PRACTICE KITS. EASY SOLUTION BEHIND KEYBOARD!
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Ekorian wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
JACKAL wrote:Now they are saying it could be more than 15 Players that failed, and that the NFF is hiding the real number of failures, and that it could be the entire first team.

Funny that none of the papers are printing the names of the players. Cant be a coincidence that none of the publications is printing the names....even though Manu Garba announced the names. Someone must be threatening them with some sort of legal action, however, I don't see how there is any legal Jeopardy in reporting the news that says they failed the test , rather than saying they are truly not u-17.

I would suggest a different way of approaching this testing..... They should have the players pay for their own MRI screening at the approved center in Abuja. If you pass, you get reimbursed. If you fail, too bad. Those who know they are truly not U-17 will mostly not risk taking the test for the fear of losing their money. They will self eliminate themselves from the process.

Also the time lines should be moved back by 2 months so they can quickly eliminate the ones who are not going to qualify.
Now you're seeing sense in my previous suggesting of testing before camping. I like your suggestion of paying for their test and reimbursement
REALLY! DO YOU GUYS KNOW THE COST OF MRI SCAN? SOME OF THESE YOUNGSTERS CAN'T EVEN AFFORD A 3 SQUARE MEAL DITTO PRACTICE KITS. EASY SOLUTION BEHIND KEYBOARD!
Do you know the cost of NOT pre-screening with a privately funded MRI scan ???

Waste of tax payer funds, waste of coaches time, denies other qualified kids a chance to be screened and lack of qualification for the world cup. That's the real cost !!!

JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Ekorian,

reposted for you...

I know there are people here who may be ready to make an argument that some genius player may fall through the cracks because he cant pay for a 50,000-100,000 Naira($140-$277) MRI Test .. Let me say this is highly unlikely !

All these players you see are all part of academies so they already have representation and of some sort of backing. If the Academy owner/parents/agents know this player is well over 17 years old..they will not fund this test. So self elimination will take place. The player wont even show up to camp. Some of the Agents will conduct their own private test to determine if the player would qualify or not and would not risk sending him if the result is in the negative

One way for players to avoid the high cost of MRI testing is to use X-rays as an initial first test. An X-ray may not be as accurate as MRI..but it will give you a close enough reading and its much, much cheaper. Like 1/2 the price of an MRI.
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Ekorian,

reposted for you...

I know there are people here who may be ready to make an argument that some genius player may fall through the cracks because he cant pay for a 50,000-100,000 Naira($140-$277) MRI Test .. Let me say this is highly unlikely !

All these players you see are all part of academies so they already have representation and of some sort of backing. If the Academy owner/parents/agents know this player is well over 17 years old..they will not fund this test. So self elimination will take place. The player wont even show up to camp. Some of the Agents will conduct their own private test to determine if the player would qualify or not and would not risk sending him if the result is in the negative

One way for players to avoid the high cost of MRI testing is to use X-rays as an initial first test. An X-ray may not be as accurate as MRI..but it will give you a close enough reading and its much, much cheaper. Like 1/2 the price of an MRI.
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Coach of the Nigerian U17 team Manu Garba has released his 20 man list of players who wil represent Nigeria at the WAFU B Championship, which will serve as qualifiers for the African U17 Championship.

Already the Nigerian team have arrived in Niamey, and they will play their first game against Burkina Faso on Monday before taking on Cote d’Ivoire on Thursday with their final group game against Benin Republic scheduled for Sunday next week.
Head coach of the Nigerian team Manu Garba and four players from the team will join the rest of the team in Niger on Saturday after they couldn’t secure seats on the plane that flew the rest of the squad earlier today.
A total of three goalkeepers, seven defenders, eight midfielders and three forwards were named by Manu Garba in his 20 man list for the tournament.

20 EAGLETS FOR WAFU B TOURNEY

Goalkeepers: John Ikedinachukwu Amah, Joseph John Essien, Joseph Ayomide Oluwabusola

Defenders: David Akulo Ishaya, Sunday Cletus Odey, Clement Chigozie Ikenna, Sani Abacha Suleiman, Muhammad Ibrahim, Adam Agba’a Mustapha
Midfielders: Samson Okikiola Tijani, Hassan Hussaini, Saviour Johnson Isaac, Olatomi Alfred Olaniyan, Peter Agba, Babatunde Jimoh Akinsola, Ibraheem Olalekan Jabaar, Akinwunmi Ayobami Amoo
Forwards: Oluwatimilehin Lawrence Adeniyi, Olakunle Olusegun Junior, Favour Akem
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2018/08/31/ma ... -in-niger/
onovo
Egg
Egg

Post by onovo »

Golden Eaglet Pre MRI using the 2001 set as a case study.

Golden Eaglet Post MRI using 2015 set as case study.

See the contrast ! Has the MRI worked ?
JACKAL
Egg
Egg
PLAYERS DISQUALIFIED IN NIGER

Post by JACKAL »

NIGERIAN SKIPPER AND DEFENDER DISQUALFIED IN NIGER
BENIN HAS 10 PLAYERS DISQUALIFIED - OUT OF THE COMPETITION
BUKINA LOST 2 PLAYERS
NIGER LOST 1

Officials have informed SCORENigeria that Golden Eaglets skipper and a right fullback failed the MRI age test in Niger Republic, while Group B foes Benin have been disqualified from the zonal U17 AFCON championship after 10 of their players failed.
It was further gathered that Burkina Faso had two of their players disqualified on age grounds, while hosts Niger had a player.

“Benin are already on their way back home after they were disqualified from the competition as 10 of their players failed the age test,” an official told SCORENigeria
“Nigeria’s captain and their right fullback failed the age test.”
The Eaglets now have only 15 outfield players and three goalkeepers eligible for the qualifiers.

Coach Manu Garba had insisted his team had passed the MRI in flying colours in Abuja after SCORENigeria reported that as many of 15 of 40 players failed the test.
The Eaglets had to produce another 10 other players for the MRI scan before they picked a final 20-man squad for the qualifiers.
They open their campaign tomorrow afternoon by 4pm against Burkina Faso.
Cote d’Ivoire are the other team in Group B following the disqualification of Benin.
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

BENIN WAS DISQUALIFIRED FOR BRINGING 10 PLAYERS WHO FAILED MRI TESTING

Is it possible the people who run benin football are unaware of the rules :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Republic of Benin Taunt Golden Eaglets: Your Boys Are Too Small, We'll Beat Them

Republic of Benin have boasted that they will thrash the Golden Eaglets of Nigeria when they clash at the 2019 Africa U-17 Cup of Nations in Republic of the Niger.

The Benin U-17 players shared the same flight with the Golden Eaglets of Nigeria en route Niamey on Friday 31st August, 2018.

Though the Nigeria vs Republic of Benin game is the last fixture of Group B, Beninese FA Vice President Didavi Bruno could not hold back his excitement as he fired a salvo at the Nigerian contingent.

''We are on fire, your boys are too small, we will beat them silly. Your boys are small-small boys, we are pepper,'' the thick and roundly looking official boasted among other things.

Nigeria Golden Eaglets players and officials did not give a response but smiled while they seemed focused on their journey.

Meanwhile the Golden Eaglets are focused on winning their first game against Burkina Faso on Monday, September 3.
https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_n ... ?nid=29119
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

And There they are...You next set of great Nigerian players...Lets revisit this list in 6 years time.
Sanni Abacha
Saviour Johnson Isaac

The disqualification of Golden Eaglets skipper Sani Abacha, who is on the wanted list of Atletico Madrid, has been described as “a very big blow” for the country’s chances at the zonal U17 AFCON qualifiers in Niger.

The other Nigeria player disqualified after the age test in Niger is midfielder Saviour Johnson Isaac.

“Sani Abacha’s absence is a very big blow to the Eaglets because he is the team’s best player so much so that the coaches were ready to take the risk to take him to Niger even when his MRI scan was on the border line,” a top source close to the team informed SCORENigeria

“They do not even have a cover for him in this team.”

Sani Abacha could play either as a defender or midfielder and he is from the Galadimawa Academy in Abuja.

2 Eaglets fail MRI age test in Niger

He has also posted a stint at the famous Abuja Football College, who have now relocated to Port Harcourt.

He has already been favourably compared to another Eaglet star Wilfred Ndidi, who incidentally failed an age test prior to the 2013 U17 AFCON in Morocco.

Besides Atletico Madrid, FC Porto are also believed to be interested in the youngster.

The Eaglets will open their campaign by 4pm tomorrow against Burkina Faso, who also lost two players to the age test.
http://scorenigeria.com.ng/2018/09/02/d ... r-eaglets/
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Five key players from Nigeria’s U17 team have been ejected for failing an MRI test, this is coming only a few days away from the U17 African Cup of Nations holding in Tanzania.

Brila reports that the team were unable to undertake the test before the WAFU qualifying series, however, after the test that was conducted on Friday, 5 key players from the team that qualified the country for the African Youth Championship in Tanzania have been knocked out.

Nigerian players have been under fire for age cheating in the past, in March a few players were sent out of the U23 team camp by NFF officials for the same reason.

https://soccernet.ng/2019/04/age-cheati ... ayers.html
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

You should all keep the names of those affected on your files. 5 years from now, they are the world beaters...

https://www.concisenews.global/2019/04/ ... lets-camp/

Fkey players of Nigeria’s Golden Eaglets have failed the Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) test, few days to the start of the 2019 CAF -17 Africa Cup of Nations in Tanzania.
Concise News understands that MRI is a medical imaging technique used in radiology to form pictures of the anatomy and the physiological processes of the body in both health and disease.
Advertise With Us

According to brila.net, the test was conducted on Friday, April 5, and five players from the team that qualified Nigeria for the African U-17 tournament have been knocked out.
The Eaglets booked a place in Tanzania by virtue of their emergence as champions of the WAFU U-17 tournament in Niger Republic in 2018 after defeating Ghana’s Black Starlets 3-1 on penalties.
The eight-team competition, which serves as qualifiers for the FIFA U-17 World Cup in Brazil, holds from 14 to 28 of April in two venues – National Stadium, Dar es Salaam and
Chamazi Stadium, Mbagala.
Players affected:
Goalkeeper – John Ikedinachukwu Amah
Defender – Muhammed Ibrahim
Midfielders – Hassan Huseini and Babatunde Akinsola Jimoh
Forward – Favour Akem
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

I really don't understand how Manu and the NFF are managing this MRI process... First of all they treat it like a lottery system. Sometimes you pass, sometimes you fail...
how could they pass 3 months ago and then fail now... ??? And why are they doing it a few days to the competition start... its just sheer mismanagement. Now they lose 5 starters on the team. Its just crazy....

Are they going to test them again if the qualify for the WC proper ?? Then they are going to lose the remaining 6 starters on the eve of the tournament. So its possible we go the WC with an entirely new team.... :curse: :curse: :atc:
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

JACKAL wrote:I really don't understand how Manu and the NFF are managing this MRI process... First of all they treat it like a lottery system. Sometimes you pass, sometimes you fail...
how could they pass 3 months ago and then fail now... ??? And why are they doing it a few days to the competition start... its just sheer mismanagement. Now they lose 5 starters on the team. Its just crazy....

Are they going to test them again if the qualify for the WC proper ?? Then they are going to lose the remaining 6 starters on the eve of the tournament. So its possible we go the WC with an entirely new team.... :curse: :curse: :atc:

I wan laff.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
JACKAL
Egg
Egg
Go Ahead Eagles' Lateef Omidiji Dropped From Nigeria U17 Ros

Post by JACKAL »

I have been reading about this Kid for like the last 3 years...I have never seen him play, but if manu says he is not good enough. .I believe him. This is why internet hype is a tough thing...Until you see the player , you don't really know. He looks too much like an Ajebuter to me anyway... Wish him the best..

https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_n ... ?nid=31716
Allnigeriasoccer.com can confirm with certainty that Go Ahead Eagles youth-teamer Lateef Omidiji has been dropped from the Golden Eaglets roster ahead of their trip to Tanzania for the U17 Africa Cup of Nations.

The 'much-heralded' striker did not measure up to expectations during the training camp in Abuja and had to leave unceremoniously when it became crystal clear that he was surplus to requirements.

Omidiji was among the five foreign-based players that tried out with the Golden Eaglets team ahead of the tournament, the others being Bournemouth's Joseph Oluwabusola, Barcelona Escola's Kelechukwu Ebenezer Ibe-Torti, Chelsea's Adrian Akande and an unnamed player based in Canada.

Of the aforementioned players, only two have been included in Nigeria U17s provisional squad, Akande and Oluwabusola.

Omidiji and his camp had attempted to twist the arms of the Nigeria Football Federation hierarchy and coach Manu Garba to include the striker in the squad by using their relationship with the national team's kit manufacturers Nike but the Golden Eaglets coaching staff stood their ground.

The 21 Golden Eaglets players selected are expected to fly out of Abuja on Wednesday and will undergo fresh MRI scans upon their arrival in Tanzania.
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_n ... ?nid=31727

Nigeria U17 coach Manu Garba has selected a 21-player squad for the upcoming U17 Africa Cup of Nations which begins in Tanzania on Sunday, April 14.

As previously reported by allnigeriasoccer.com, Chelsea wonderkid Adrian Akande has been named in the squad after impressing the technical crew while on trial.

Bournemouth U16 goalkeeper Joseph Oluwabusola also made the list as well as captain Samson Tijani, who was named Most Valuable Player of the zonal qualifiers.

Four influential members of the WAFU-UFOA Zone B winning squad - John Amah, Muhammad Ibrahim, Tunde Akinsola and Hassan Hussain - were not in the traveling party to Tanzania, for reasons everyone is aware of.

The likes of Olakunle Olusegun, Akinkunmi Amoo, Wisdom Ubani and Divine Nwachukwu were on the plane to East Africa on Wednesday afternoon.

Five-time world champions Nigeria will kickoff against hosts Tanzania on Sunday, April 14, before they tackle Angola in their second Group A game on April 17 while their final group match is against Uganda on April 20.

Nigeria U17 Africa Cup Of Nations Roster

Sunday Stephen, Shedrack Tanko, Ogaga Oduko, Samson Okikiola Tijani, Clement Chigozie Ikenna, David Akulo Ishaya, Olakunle Junior Olusegun, Mayowa David Abayomi, Wisdom Ubani, Adrian Akande, Mubaraq Gata Adeshina, Shuaib Abdulrazaq, Akinkunmi Ayobami Amoo, Olatomi Alfred Olaniyan, Charles Etim, Suleman Shaibu, Peter Agba, Divine Nwachukwu, Ibraheem Olalekan Jabaar, Fawaz Abdullahi, Ayomide Oluwabusola
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
JACKAL wrote:I really don't understand how Manu and the NFF are managing this MRI process... First of all they treat it like a lottery system. Sometimes you pass, sometimes you fail...

I wan laff.

We are always cheating. Have never stopped cheating for a minute! Just found better ways to hide it...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

how could they pass 3 months ago and then fail now... ???
And why are they doing it a few days to the competition start... its just sheer mismanagement. Now they lose 5 starters on the team. Its just crazy....

Do you understand the MRI check at all?????
After how many years of painstaking explanation?
Jeez. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Damunk wrote:
how could they pass 3 months ago and then fail now... ???
And why are they doing it a few days to the competition start... its just sheer mismanagement. Now they lose 5 starters on the team. Its just crazy....

Do you understand the MRI check at all?????
After how many years of painstaking explanation?
Jeez. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I understand MRI perfectly... Dr Dafunk….

What I said was they are not managing the MRI screening process properly. If you are going to spend time training a kid for a competition coming up 12 months from Now...why would you accept kids into the program today who are at level 4 or 5 of fusion. Clearly those kids in a matter of months even weeks could achieved full Fusion thereby throwing your program into disarray... If they were managing the process well they would understand they need to accept kids who are maybe below a certain threshold of fusion so that 12 months from now they can still qualify for the competition proper.

Now of course using kids who at the advanced fusion could be a strategy to get qualification since those are probably the older kids of that age group. Meaning they are closer to 17 in age than the rest of the group . If you really really think about it, its cheating of a different type because those kids at that advanced fusion point may not really meet the cut-off DOB point to qualify to play even in the qualifiers. This is the loophole that the NFF is exploiting. …..Naija sha… they will find a way... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Which is why I say by the time the competition proper rolls by, they may have lost their entire starting line up that they started with 12 months ago.

JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »