2019 ANC EAGLES WOULD HAMMER 1994 EAGLES 4-0

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg
Re: 2019 ANC EAGLES WOULD HAMMER 1994 EAGLES 4-0

Post by FATHER TIKO »

JACKAL, sebi you don dey hear now...

Ndidi never reach Oliseh level...give Ndidi another couple of years, and maybe...just maybe he may reach that level...
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Maceo, oga i didn’t say ndidi was better than oliseh o. I said you should also post ndidi videos at Belgium league and compare it to the one you posted on oliseh at the same Belgium league then make a conclusion. It’s unfair comparing ndidi to oliseh at this point and we should wait until ndidi plays for multiple years before comparing them.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Oscar there’s no way on earth that olofinjana, igiebor, etuhu we’re better than NDIDI. Oruma was an Am so your ndidi comparison isn’t fair. As much as ndidi disappointed me at the 2018 Wc he was still more impressive than olofinjana and etuhu at SE.
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

oscar52 wrote:I rate Olofinjana, Etuhu, Oruma, and Igiebo ahead of Ndidi not to mention a legend/maestro like Oliseh.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

JACKAL wrote:
oscar52 wrote:I rate Olofinjana, Etuhu, Oruma, and Igiebo ahead of Ndidi not to mention a legend/maestro like Oliseh.
You dey laugh? There was a time when players of Ndidi quality would not even smell a friendly with Nigeria. You know say na true I talk. Its blasphemy to compare Ndidi to Oliseh. Adepoju and Ayila are better also. We should be comparing Ndidi to Sani Kaita and Sodje. There is a reason the current Nigeria squad is ranked so low. Ndidi is a converted CD and it shows sometimes. Ndidi will be routed in midfield by players considered "good" on the world stage: Pogba, Rakitic, Modric, Silver, Kroos, Casemero etc. You can't say same thing with Oliseh, Adepoju, Oruma etc when they were playing. Ndidi is ok for a mid table EPL team but won't cut it for a Champions league cup contender like Madrid, Chelsea, Liverpool, Barcelona, PSG where its required that you do more than collect the ball and quickly pass it on. Oruma, Adepoju, Taribo, and Oliseh would when they were playing. People comparing Ndidi to Makelele I laugh, he made football look easy for Madrid and Chelsea and that's what maestros do. Can you say Ndidi is a midfield masetro? I can say oliseh, Makelele, Adepoju, Oruma, Taribo, Amokachi etc are midfield Maestros.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

oscar52 wrote:
JACKAL wrote:
You dey laugh? There was a time when players of Ndidi quality would not even smell a friendly with Nigeria. You know say na true I talk. Its blasphemy to compare Ndidi to Oliseh. Adepoju and Ayila are better also. We should be comparing Ndidi to Sani Kaita and Sodje. There is a reason the current Nigeria squad is ranked so low. Ndidi is a converted CD and it shows sometimes. Ndidi will be routed in midfield by players considered "good" on the world stage: Pogba, Rakitic, Modric, Silver, Kroos, Casemero etc. You can't say same thing with Oliseh, Adepoju, Oruma etc when they were playing. Ndidi is ok for a mid table EPL team but won't cut it for a Champions league cup contender like Madrid, Chelsea, Liverpool, Barcelona, PSG where its required that you do more than collect the ball and quickly pass it on. Oruma, Adepoju, Taribo, and Oliseh would when they were playing. People comparing Ndidi to Makelele I laugh, he made football look easy for Madrid and Chelsea and that's what maestros do. Can you say Ndidi is a midfield masetro? I can say oliseh, Makelele, Adepoju, Oruma, Taribo, Amokachi etc are midfield Maestros.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
You are just living on nostalgia.... which is allowed, but don't try and convince the world that your opinion is unarguable fact.

For instance, much loved as Adepoju was, his club career was far from impressive. Go check.
Oruma was more of a nomadic journeyman going club to club every other season. Go check.
Taribo wasn't even a midfielder. He couldn't 'midfield' to save his life. Go check.

Ndidi is at the dawn of his career and is already making his mark in one of the top 3 leagues in the world. Why you are downplaying his achievements in relation to the others can only be put down to the nostalgic factor.

Small time now you get tell us say Muda Lawal dey tap pass Mikel :lol:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

FATHER TIKO wrote:JACKAL, sebi you don dey hear now...

Ndidi never reach Oliseh level...give Ndidi another couple of years, and maybe...just maybe he may reach that level...
He surpassed Oliseh by the end of last season.. You are just finding out...by the end of next season you will be a believer.... :clap:
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

When the 2019 team wins AFCON, we can discuss.

This 2019 team went to the WC and came third in their group.

The 1994 team went to Nigerian's first ever world cup and scored three goals in their first match. And reached the Second Round.

They can beat the 1994 1000 - nil. Just beat their record, that's all that counts.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

I don’t think the 2018 squad was better than the 1994 team. Anyone that feels otherwise isn’t logical
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

6 members of the 94 squad were also part of the Olympics. They beat a Brazil team that included Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Roberto Carlos, Bebeto, Juninho, Dida, and Savio. Ronaldo and Rivaldo went on to become world players of the year. They also defeated an Argentina team that included Hernan Crespo, Javier Zanetti, Diego Simeone, and Ariel Ortega. The quality of the teams we beat makes the 96 victory very impressive.

Like others have said, it's such a pity Abacha robbed the 94 squad of the chance of defending their AFCON title.
Last edited by olu on Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Yes, they lost warm-up friendlies in the lead up to the WC. Therefore under FIFA rules, they are required to forfeit their edge of the seat comeback win against Spain (who were among the 2-3 pre-tournament favourites to win the WC) and Bulgaria (who reached the SF of the previous WC).

My point is that Oparaku playing RB for the national team of Nigeria was an unnatural experiment. He should have played RB only only for his local pub or village.

Akpoborie was the leading scorer in the Bundesliga I believe at the turn of the year going into the WC.
Gotti wrote: Who’s “they”? You mean Bora Multivitamins? :lol:

Meanwhile, the team sucked and got beat black-and-blue by Yugoslavia (0-3), Netherlands (1-5), and Grasshopper FC (2-5) in the run-up to the World Cup. And btw, Mobi (“Kill and Go”) Oparaku was a natural RB who played that position for Nigeria at U17, U23 (1996 Olympics) and senior levels.

PS: Akpoborie was NEVER the top scorer in the Bundesliga.
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Our group looks like an easy group. We should be able to overpower these newcomers.

2019 AFCON Draw

Group A: Egypt, DR Congo, Uganda, Zimbabwe

Group B: Nigeria, Guinea, Madagascar, Burundi

Group C: Senegal, Algeria, Kenya, Tanzania

Group D: Morocco, Ivory Coast, South Africa, Namibia

Group E: Tunisia, Mali, Mauritania, Angola

Group F: Cameroon, Ghana, Benin,Guinea-Bissau
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

1994 this 1994 that, 1994 generation served us well and all, but abeg make una move on! we have a new generation now so let's support them to reach the height of their potential, and hopefully surpass the 94 generation instead of these useless comparisons.

On a side note, our group is a relatively easy one... but Guinea should be a tricky team, they've got some decent/skillful players. But I expect us to top that group and qualify to the next round.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

oscar52 wrote:
JACKAL wrote:
Oscar52,

Please tell me that the highlighted is a joke. Bros, I have watched Nigeria going back to the days of Muda Lawal and I am shocked by the highlighted, to state the least.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Enugu II wrote:
oscar52 wrote:
JACKAL wrote:
Oscar52,

Please tell me that the highlighted is a joke. Bros, I have watched Nigeria going back to the days of Muda Lawal and I am shocked by the highlighted, to state the least.
Not Ayila, but Adepoju is arguably better. Ndidi might have better physical attributes, but I think Mutiu was a more technical and "mature" player.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
oscar52 wrote:
JACKAL wrote:
Oscar52,

Not Ayila, but Adepoju is arguably better. Ndidi might have better physical attributes, but I think Mutiu was a more technical and "mature" player.
Chief,

While I agree that Adepoju was more technically gifted, Ndidi is much better in the ball recovery phase which is his key duty on the field. I do not even understand why the comparison between two players with different roles. Ayila is a better comparison but Ndidi is a far better player. Not even close.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Enugu II wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
oscar52 wrote:
JACKAL wrote:
Oscar52,

Chief,

While I agree that Adepoju was more technically gifted, Ndidi is much better in the ball recovery phase which is his key duty on the field. I do not even understand why the comparison between two players with different roles. Ayila is a better comparison but Ndidi is a far better player. Not even close.
Ndidi is vastly superior to Ayila.
My bias towards Mutiu is also based on his versatility. I remember how he got converted to an excellent RB in 98, though it destroyed our defensive midfield and isolated Oliseh.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."