2018/2019 Spurs Season: PL: 4th; LC: SM; FAC: 4RD; CL: Final

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: 2018/2019 Spurs Season: [CL] TOT vs MCI [QF]

Post by Waffiman »

Its a Goal wrote:I don't know why you trolls are trying to get PaJimoh to fall for your dirty tricks. Nothing he has said is far from the truth. Spurs, despite the lead, is still clearly not the favorite in this tie. On the balance of things the odds are in City's favor and even the bookies say so. Now that does not mean they will definitely win as upsets do happen. We have history of beating City at their stadium a number of times especially when we are chasing history.
My bro Pajimoh can take care of trolls. Like you rightly observed, he is right. Spurs 1 up, but loss of Kane could be the difference. City are favourites, but you have to believe guys.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2018/2019 Spurs Season: [CL] TOT vs HUD [WK 33]

Post by Its a Goal »

Back to league, back to home. Up next the team already relegated. Ordinarily you will say this is as good as a walkover match but as Newcastle taught us a few seasons ago on the last day of the season when they had already been relegated, they played for nothing more than pride. What bigger stage is there for Huddersfield to make a statement than to remove the shine off our shiny shiny new stadium by recording a famous win there and show it off as a trophy when they start fighting in the Championship?

As is typical Spurs, we have gone from near clear out of the nursing room to a contested space. Who could have foreseen losing 2 important players in 1 match? Out goes Dele and Kane which is now in addition to Dier, Lamela and Aurier. Keeping the rest of the squad fit for the rest of the season is going to be crucial as we can no longer deal with any more injuries at this stage of the season.

As important as these 3 points are no doubt Poch will be keeping an eye out for Wednesday when we play the return leg of the CL QF against City. This is a match that Poch will have to make some changes by rotating the squad. Some of the fringe players are going to get an opportunity to start. If Lamela is fit he will start ahead of Son. If Wanyama is ready to go then he will bench Sissoko. Definitely Sanchez is going to start but who is going to play in his stead? It is likely KWP will get a chance as is Llorente. The lineup I predict will be on the field are:

• Llorente
    • Moura * Lamela
      • Eriksen
    • Winks * Wanyama

Davies * Jan * Sanchez * KWP
      • Lloris

It will be an interesting battle tomorrow. No doubt Poch will not accept anything less than a victory preferably in a comprehensive manner as we need to increase our goal difference tally. The fans will be expecting another brilliant day out where the atmosphere is going to be another out of this world experience. Let's hope tomorrow will be another journey towards solidifying our place in the top 4. COYS!!!
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Tottenham Hotspur: Lloris (C), Foyth, Sanchez, Vertonghen, Davies, Walker-Peters, Wanyama, Sissoko, Eriksen, Lucas, Llorente.

Subs: Gazzaniga, Trippier, Rose, Alderweireld, Marsh, Skipp, Son

Huddersfield Town: Hamer, Hadergjonaj, Kongolo, Schindler, Durm, Bacuna, Stankovic, Hogg, Lowe, Grant, Kachunga

Subs: Smith, Mooy, Coleman, Williams, Pritchard, Mounie, Jorgensen

TGBATG. COYS
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Interesting lineup. Winks and Alli injured. Son on bench. Where is Janssen. Should we have sent out Sterling on loan? We really need a young winger at u21 level...

Real concern at the lineup. Real concern for mid week. Injuries again. I wonder what transfer strategy will be if we get through this.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

As I suspected, Lamela hasn't recovered from his injury so in comes Foyth to switch the formation from a 4-3-3 to 3-4-2-1

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]Cristao II[/color] wrote: Interesting lineup. Winks and Alli injured. Son on bench. Where is Janssen. Should we have sent out Sterling on loan? We really need a young winger at u21 level...

Real concern at the lineup. Real concern for mid week. Injuries again. I wonder what transfer strategy will be if we get through this.
I don't think Winks is injured but rather getting rested for the midweek. As for Dele, Poch is confident that he will be fit for the next City match.

From reports that I've read we are going to have a very busy summer in the transfer window. Alaisdair Gold reported that there are some fan favorite players that will depart and we may sell up to 12 players.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Moura tripped up on his way into the box. Freekick in dangerous area.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Eriksen again with his woeful take and can't beat the wall.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Spurs dominating as expected. A few opportunities created but nothing to worry the keeper.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

The strategy is obvious, make Llorente the target man by crossing into the 18 and hope he can connect to one of the balls.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Wamyama with a nifty footwork opens the scoring.

He makes history as the first player to score in the first half.

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Kenyan captain Wanyama first Spurs player to score in first half in new stadium. Carries his international form to the club.
Last edited by Cristao II on Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

What a shot from Moura to double the lead.

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

PS English man don score for Spurs for this stadium?

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Kenya and Brazil damn...

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Huddersfield has come out to play now. No more defending with their lives.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Interesting stat for Wanyama: He scored on his last start for Spurs at the old stadium and he has scored again on his first start at the new stadium :clap:.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Llorente header goes slightly wide.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Sissoko fires from outside the 18. No need to tell you the outcome.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

When was the last time Spurs played with no England international? Those missing:

Kane
Dele
Rose
Winks
Trippier
Dier

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

This is really Harry Kane's team. He goes off and the team starts scoring freely.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

What a move. Llorente really unlucky to hit the bar after neatly bringing the ball down from a Foyth cross.