Oluwasemilogo Ajayi

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Oluwasemilogo Ajayi

Post by Dammy »

Rotherham and Nigerian international CD/DM, Semi Ajayi, has been voted the English Championship Player of the Month for March 2019. Congratulations to the young man.
I am happy
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: Oluwasemilogo Ajayi

Post by truetalk »

Congratulations to the young man. This is a big deal.

Joining the SE setup has really improved his game and confidence.

Hope he makes it to the Premiership soon.
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

Playing national team football seriously improves a player. Because they get extra coaching from the National team coaches. Also, playing with talented national team players from clubs around the world improves the player and his confidence, just as, tournaments and international games gives a huge confidence boost and a shopping window.

Congrats Semi.
jungle-jawara
Egg
Egg

Post by jungle-jawara »

Yes o, big ups to him. While we are their praising Samu, Paul, Victor etc. Dude is there silently getting work done.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

I am still not yet sure where his best position is. I hope he makes the Nations Cup squad so we can find out.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:I am still not yet sure where his best position is. I hope he makes the Nations Cup squad so we can find out.
So he has to make the Nations Cup Squad BEFORE 'we' can find out his best position. What will you discover in 6 Nations cup games (Nations cup is maximum 6 games) that you cannot discover in 46 championship games?

Hmmmmmm
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

wanaj0 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:I am still not yet sure where his best position is. I hope he makes the Nations Cup squad so we can find out.
So he has to make the Nations Cup Squad BEFORE 'we' can find out his best position. What will you discover in 6 Nations cup games (Nations cup is maximum 6 games) that you cannot discover in 46 championship games?

Hmmmmmm
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

chief nfachairman wrote:Playing national team football seriously improves a player. Because they get extra coaching from the National team coaches. Also, playing with talented national team players from clubs around the world improves the player and his confidence, just as, tournaments and international games gives a huge confidence boost and a shopping window.

Congrats Semi.
It’s not the coaching...
Rather it’s the boost in confidence and often better competition.

National team coaches usually have no time to really “coach” players that will gather together for a few days of training every few months. They are more focused on tactics.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

CONGRATS to the dude...
Hopefully he’ll end up in the EPL next season.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

The boy is fighting relation to the Engulang 3rd division. Abeg mek we hia wor Joor.
OCCUPY NFF!!
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Happy for Semi. It pays to persevere. Congrats!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:The boy is fighting relation to the Engulang 3rd division. Abeg mek we hia wor Joor.
It won't kill you to congratulate the boy and keep it moving, stop acting like a miserable biatch SMH.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Gotti wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:Playing national team football seriously improves a player. Because they get extra coaching from the National team coaches. Also, playing with talented national team players from clubs around the world improves the player and his confidence, just as, tournaments and international games gives a huge confidence boost and a shopping window.

Congrats Semi.
It’s not the coaching...
National team coaches usually have no time to really “coach” players that will gather together for a few days of training every few months. They are more focused on tactics.
Spot on! :thumb:
He even confirms it himself.
Rotherham United: Nigeria involvement has helped me grow says Semi Ajayi

Thursday 21 March 2019

Rotherham United's Semi Ajayi has put his sparkling run of form over the last few weeks down to his international exploits with Nigeria.

Ajayi was first called up to the Super Eagles squad before Christmas, but it is his form in 2019 that has made him one of the standout players in the Championship.
The former Arsenal trainee has been moved into a midfield role by Millers boss Paul Warne and has excelled, banging in six goals in the last five games. Ajayi believes working with the likes of Alex Iwobi and Idion Ighalo has helped raise his game.

“Spending time at training day in day out with top, top class players is going to help anyone improve, it makes me raise my game,” he said. “I have got different voices giving me different information that I can use and bring back to my game at Rotherham, it has been really positive.”

His recent call-up to the latest Nigeria squad was marked by him being listed as a midfielder, despite his original recognition earlier this season being as a defender. That is testament to the job he has done in the Millers. Ajayi will contest a role for upcoming games against Seychelles and Egypt against the likes of Wilfried Ndidi and Peter Etebo.

"I feel very comfortable in midfield," he said. "I've played quite a few games there now and I'm understanding my role more and more every week. Richie (Barker) and the gaffer have been really good with me in terms of giving me information to fulfill the role.
The last camp I went to I came on as a sub and played in midfield and then played 90 minutes at centre-half so the manager (Gernot Rohr) knows I can play in midfield."

“He has heard the gaffer here say a lot that I can play in midfield, they watch all of my games, so they will have seen I have been playing games in midfield and that is why I have been listed as a midfielder. He knows I can play multiple positions.
It's always a massive honour to be called up by my country, I have been asked to represent them again and I am looking forward to the two games ahead.”

Ajayi is not the only international in the Millers camp as Will Vaulks made an impressive debut for Wales in their late 1-0 win over Trinidad and Tobago. The midfielder gave a good account of himself and put himself in contention for next week's Euro 2020 qualifier with Slovakia, who have Millers goalkeeper Marek Rodak in their squad.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/footbal ... -1-9664357
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

Damunk wrote:
Gotti wrote:

Congrats Semi.
It’s not the coaching...
Spot on! :thumb:
He even confirms it himself.
Rotherham United: Nigeria involvement has helped me grow says Semi Ajayi

Thursday 21 March 2019

Rotherham United's Semi Ajayi has put his sparkling run of form over the last few weeks down to his international exploits with Nigeria.

Ajayi was first called up to the Super Eagles squad before Christmas, but it is his form in 2019 that has made him one of the standout players in the Championship.
The former Arsenal trainee has been moved into a midfield role by Millers boss Paul Warne and has excelled, banging in six goals in the last five games. Ajayi believes working with the likes of Alex Iwobi and Idion Ighalo has helped raise his game.

“Spending time at training day in day out with top, top class players is going to help anyone improve, it makes me raise my game,” he said. “I have got different voices giving me different information that I can use and bring back to my game at Rotherham, it has been really positive.”

His recent call-up to the latest Nigeria squad was marked by him being listed as a midfielder, despite his original recognition earlier this season being as a defender. That is testament to the job he has done in the Millers. Ajayi will contest a role for upcoming games against Seychelles and Egypt against the likes of Wilfried Ndidi and Peter Etebo.

"I feel very comfortable in midfield," he said. "I've played quite a few games there now and I'm understanding my role more and more every week. Richie (Barker) and the gaffer have been really good with me in terms of giving me information to fulfill the role.
The last camp I went to I came on as a sub and played in midfield and then played 90 minutes at centre-half so the manager (Gernot Rohr) knows I can play in midfield."

“He has heard the gaffer here say a lot that I can play in midfield, they watch all of my games, so they will have seen I have been playing games in midfield and that is why I have been listed as a midfielder. He knows I can play multiple positions.
It's always a massive honour to be called up by my country, I have been asked to represent them again and I am looking forward to the two games ahead.”

Ajayi is not the only international in the Millers camp as Will Vaulks made an impressive debut for Wales in their late 1-0 win over Trinidad and Tobago. The midfielder gave a good account of himself and put himself in contention for next week's Euro 2020 qualifier with Slovakia, who have Millers goalkeeper Marek Rodak in their squad.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/footbal ... -1-9664357
TRUE, BUT...

…I wouldn't entirely discount the contribution of NT coaches. After all, they've been watching his club matches and may have spotted things that he could add to his game. Let's not forget, it's the NT coaches who came up with the M/F idea in the first place to make him more versatile.
Bell
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Bell wrote:TRUE, BUT...

…I wouldn't entirely discount the contribution of NT coaches. After all, they've been watching his club matches and may have spotted things that he could add to his game. Let's not forget, it's the NT coaches who came up with the M/F idea in the first place to make him more versatile.
Bell
No, it was not...
Early season injuries at Rotherham compelled that positional experimentation BEFORE his SE call-up.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

Gotti wrote:
Bell wrote:TRUE, BUT...

Bell
No, it was not...
Early season injuries at Rotherham compelled that positional experimentation BEFORE his SE call-up.

OK, I'LL TAKE YOUR WORD FOR IT

I haven't paid that much attention to the man. Or his club.
Bell
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Tis the season! Season for Agents, that is.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

1naija wrote:Tis the season! Season for Agents, that is.
This guy. :lol:
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Tobi17 wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:The boy is fighting relation to the Engulang 3rd division. Abeg mek we hia wor Joor.
It won't kill you to congratulate the boy and keep it moving, stop acting like a miserable biatch SMH.
The funny thing is Uncle Kongi prolly has 20 years on the boy. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

airwolex wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
The funny thing is Uncle Kongi prolly has 20 years on the boy. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

your math is faulty....more like 30 yrs
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."