Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: MAU vs WHU

Post by danfo driver »

Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]danfo driver[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]danfo driver[/color] wrote: How United refused to get Poch is completely beyond me. For me, that is actually malpractice from Ed Woodward. Absolutely shocking decision. That was their chance to build an empire from the ground, up, with one of the best coaches in the world. Tufiakwa!
What gives you the assurance that Poch would have opted to leave? How do you know his representatives were not approached and they told them Poch wasn't interested in leaving the project he is building at Tottenham?

You just don't know how happy Poch is at Spurs and the vision he has with the club. To start another rebuild project elsewhere is going to be tough and may not end up achieving it.
Poch would not remain at Spurs if Madrid or United came for him.
He has already turned Madrid down twice when they came circling round him. You will know when a manager wants to leave for a bigger job and nothing so far shows that Poch is not happy with the project he is taking on. He is in intimately involved with making Spurs a champion again. He has the backing of Levy and the board and anything he wants he gets. He is not interested in buying expensive players but rather developing young players who go on to become stars in the future.

When was this circling? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Please, stop it!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by mcal »

...a lucky win. One wonder how lowly clubs plays better vs so called big sides. United were torn to shreds today by the Hammers, safe for 2 pks.
Rojo is a jam bodi player
Lingard a shadow of his old self
Mata has lost it
Fred, oh well he is Brazilian, so?
Lukaku lost it too since great run at the world cup
Pogba is ripe to go to bigger side where he mess around with bigger flamboyant players
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

mcal wrote:...a lucky win. One wonder how lowly clubs plays better vs so called big sides. United were torn to shreds today by the Hammers, safe for 2 pks.
Mata has lost it
Pogba is ripe to go to bigger side where he mess around with bigger flamboyant players
Thought it was all Mourinho before :)
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

wanaj0 wrote:
mcal wrote:...a lucky win. One wonder how lowly clubs plays better vs so called big sides. United were torn to shreds today by the Hammers, safe for 2 pks.
Mata has lost it
Thought it was all Mourinho before :)
he infected the players with his negativity and dinosaur managerial skills.
A modern manager will make them better

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko, is this you?

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

hmmm

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

End of the season, my revised list

Lingard
Jones
Young
Mata
Matic
Bailly
Fred
Darmian
Perreira
Sanchez

Clear out sales! We need to re-build, will take 2-3 years to fight for the title, yes Mourinho was a crap coach but if these players cannot step up and do new things after a new coach, then surely, they have to leave, the board to needs a new direction and long term goals, we need to mix it with some academy players and at least 6-7 new players and give them 2-3 years to gel as a team

Right now united is only good to finish top 4 and nothing more than this
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Man Utd were utter bobbins yesterday. That "performance" was the stuff of LVG and Jose boredom vintage. West Ham were the better team and were unfortunate to lose. Man Utd could barely string 3-4 passs together and Pogba, Mata, Martial, and Fred (although he played well) were the worst culprits at surrendering possession.
It says much about Man Utd's lack of penetration that when West Ham equalised, I thought to myself that Man Utd were incapable of scoring from open play and that another peno or set piece was the likeliest route to them scoring again.

Mata is a shadow of the player who was Chelsea's player of the year 2 years running. Pogba has regressed badly and is playing like a show pony. Martial's body was on the pitch, but his mind was elsewhere (perhaps still in that hotel where he allegedly slept with a model while his GF was pregnant). Rojo, Lingard, and Lukaku looked rusty and have not regained match sharpness or fitness after injury.

If Man Utd play like that against Barca, they will get eviscerated. My goodness, you know things are dim when we are resorting to resting Scott McTominay as he will be our most dependable player against Barca.

Mata has lost it
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:End of the season, my revised list

Lingard
Jones
Young

Mata
Matic
Bailly
Fred
Darmian
Perreira
Sanchez

Clear out sales! We need to re-build, will take 2-3 years to fight for the title, yes Mourinho was a crap coach but if these players cannot step up and do new things after a new coach, then surely, they have to leave, the board to needs a new direction and long term goals, we need to mix it with some academy players and at least 6-7 new players and give them 2-3 years to gel as a team

these are NOT going anywhere

watch and see

Lingard??? which United coach in his right mind will sell him?

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

wiseone wrote:Man Utd were utter bobbins yesterday. That "performance" was the stuff of LVG and Jose boredom vintage. West Ham were the better team and were unfortunate to lose. Man Utd could barely string 3-4 passs together and Pogba, Mata, Martial, and Fred (although he played well) were the worst culprits at surrendering possession.
It says much about Man Utd's lack of penetration that when West Ham equalised, I thought to myself that Man Utd were incapable of scoring from open play and that another peno or set piece was the likeliest route to them scoring again.

Mata is a shadow of the player who was Chelsea's player of the year 2 years running. Pogba has regressed badly and is playing like a show pony. Martial's body was on the pitch, but his mind was elsewhere (perhaps still in that hotel where he allegedly slept with a model while his GF was pregnant). Rojo, Lingard, and Lukaku looked rusty and have not regained match sharpness or fitness after injury.

If Man Utd play like that against Barca, they will get eviscerated. My goodness, you know things are dim when we are resorting to resting Scott McTominay as he will be our most dependable player against Barca.

Mata has lost it
...like I said earlier "lowly teams tend to fight harder vs bigger side" That said, United may surprise Barca. The one goal scored was a fluke lucky deflection.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Keep those in bold. Jones gave blood for the cause yesterday. Carried on playing despite bleeding profusely from a deep gash to the head. Does not get the credit he deserves.

Lingard
Jones

Young
Mata
Matic
Bailly
Fred

Darmian
Perreira
Sanchez

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

tfco wrote:hmmm
Souness said, "we are getting into the specifics" :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Can you believe that? We are having an argument and you do NOT want to get into the specifics? :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

tfco wrote:

Lingard
Jones
Young

Mata
Matic
Bailly
Fred
Darmian
Perreira
Sanchez

these are NOT going anywhere

watch and see

Lingard??? which United coach in his right mind will sell him?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Lingard
Jones
Young
Mata
Matic
Bailly
Fred
Darmian
Perreira
Sanchez

I thought they were as good as PSG players? WHy are you getting rid of them? eh? eh? eh? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

OGS has to be extremly ruthless at the end of the season, nobody is safe and i mean nobody, if he wants to keep the job longer than 6 months, he needs to be realistic to the board and tell them some home truths, for the way he wants them to play, they ended up falling apart through injury, against Barcelona, anything like last week, they going out, its that simple, they need a repeat of the PSG game and show no fear, everyone has to play for their future and everyone has a price! Its that simple
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

In that case, Utd must have lowered their level to that of the "lowly team" then!
mcal wrote:
...like I said earlier "lowly teams tend to fight harder vs bigger side" That said, United may surprise Barca. The one goal scored was a fluke lucky deflection.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

wiseone wrote:In that case, Utd must have lowered their level to that of the "lowly team" then!
mcal wrote:
...as of this current side, they are lowly vs giant like Barca.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

did west ham actually have 60% possession? At Old Trafford? Odiegwu! That doesn't seem like the United Way.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Barca (1-2) United

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

dissapointed with players like Martial, Lingard, These are times when they are supposed to step up and be counted, the run for the penalty, he should be doing that consistently, right now our midfield is light weight, with Fred losing too many balls, Pogba has to drop deep and help move the ball out of defence, Smalling cannot do it, so many questions need to be asnwered at the end of the season and honestly! i dont mind if we get beaten by barcelona tomorrow, we need some few home truths, i dont want any type of win that will make the baord think twice about not investing in critical places, so losing might not be a bad thing tomorrow, we need to sell and get rid of dead wood, thats the most important thing, our right wing is deficient, no good crosses, that is already 2 players needed in that position, right back, right side of midfield, ball playing defender to partner Lindelof, defensive midfield and a striker, thats 5 players but i will go for 6 and get rid of at least 7-8 players!

Marko
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Lingard
Jones
Young
Mata
Matic
Bailly
Fred
Darmian
Perreira
Sanchez

United is not good to finish top 4,it will take special performance and likes of Arsenal mess up to see manu finish top 4
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

marko wrote:dissapointed with players like Martial, Lingard, These are times when they are supposed to step up and be counted, the run for the penalty, he should be doing that consistently, right now our midfield is light weight, with Fred losing too many balls, Pogba has to drop deep and help move the ball out of defence, Smalling cannot do it, so many questions need to be asnwered at the end of the season and honestly! i dont mind if we get beaten by barcelona tomorrow, we need some few home truths, i dont want any type of win that will make the baord think twice about not investing in critical places, so losing might not be a bad thing tomorrow, we need to sell and get rid of dead wood, thats the most important thing, our right wing is deficient, no good crosses, that is already 2 players needed in that position, right back, right side of midfield, ball playing defender to partner Lindelof, defensive midfield and a striker, thats 5 players but i will go for 6 and get rid of at least 7-8 players!
HMM.. So this is no longer the United Way? I thought after 9 games, it was the United Way, chest beating and yansh shaking?
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

danfo driver wrote:
marko wrote:dissapointed with players like Martial, Lingard, These are times when they are supposed to step up and be counted, the run for the penalty, he should be doing that consistently, right now our midfield is light weight, with Fred losing too many balls, Pogba has to drop deep and help move the ball out of defence, Smalling cannot do it, so many questions need to be asnwered at the end of the season and honestly! i dont mind if we get beaten by barcelona tomorrow, we need some few home truths, i dont want any type of win that will make the baord think twice about not investing in critical places, so losing might not be a bad thing tomorrow, we need to sell and get rid of dead wood, thats the most important thing, our right wing is deficient, no good crosses, that is already 2 players needed in that position, right back, right side of midfield, ball playing defender to partner Lindelof, defensive midfield and a striker, thats 5 players but i will go for 6 and get rid of at least 7-8 players!
HMM.. So this is no longer the United Way? I thought after 9 games, it was the United Way, chest beating and yansh shaking?
Where is Mon Generale these days? :D
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.