Is CAF for Real? This is Sheer Madness in Group A!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet
Is CAF for Real? This is Sheer Madness in Group A!

Post by Kabalega »

Who in their right minds, would put Egypt, DRC, Uganda and Zimbabwe in the same group?
This is insanity of the highest order! :!: :!:

Group of death? Heck, no! This takes it to a whole other level! :shock: :shock:

It's good for TV though. :)
I smell a rat, a big fat one to boot.

The teams that make it out of that group have a very good chance of winning the whole thing.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Re: Is CAF for Real? This is Sheer Madness in Group A!

Post by Tobi17 »

Kabalega wrote:Who in their right minds, would put Egypt, DRC, Uganda and Zimbabwe in the same group?

The teams that make it out of that group have a very good chance of winning the whole thing.
Egypt and DRC will make it out of that group, wouldn't rule out Zimbabwe causing a major upset though... Uganda will be last in that group.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Tobi17 wrote:
Kabalega wrote:Who in their right minds, would put Egypt, DRC, Uganda and Zimbabwe in the same group?

Egypt and DRC will make it out of that group, wouldn't rule out Zimbabwe causing a major upset though... Uganda will be last in that group.
In spite of all the noise in Group D, this is actually the toughest group from top to bottom based on average FIFA rating for April 2019. https://www.aclsports.com/totalafcon-20 ... ly-matter/
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

The bloody thing is clearly rigged chief :curse: it will be an entertaining group and every game will be do or die
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

What is tough in this group? This is AFCON not COSAFA cup. Very easy ride for Egypt but upsets are normal in any championship. Uganda and Zimbabwe? Nigeria's U20 will easily make it out of this group.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

YemiBrazil wrote:What is tough in this group? This is AFCON not COSAFA cup. Very easy ride for Egypt but upsets are normal in any championship. Uganda and Zimbabwe? Nigeria's U20 will easily make it out of this group.
OK thanks
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I can see Egypt and Zimbabwe qualifying.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Tobi17 wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Any team can qualify or be the last in that group.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Samora Machel wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:What is tough in this group? This is AFCON not COSAFA cup. Very easy ride for Egypt but upsets are normal in any championship. Uganda and Zimbabwe? Nigeria's U20 will easily make it out of this group.
OK thanks
Some of these guys don't much about African footie.
It also doesn't help that Nigeria didn't qualify for the last two tournaments.
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Its only madness if you are from Uganda.
Egypt have it a bit easy. No West African team in their group.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

3 games and done for Uganda. I think even Zimbabwe will be to much to handle. Kama Biliat is waiting for you Kabalenga :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Kabalega wrote:
Samora Machel wrote:
OK thanks

Nigeria have suffered o. I was going to tell you guys to forgive him, because life is all about perspective...Egypt vantage point (looking from up to down) may be different from others teams(group A) but Kabalega may be onto something here :sneaky:
Chimurenga Rebel
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimurenga Rebel »

We qualified ahead of DR Congo in the group. Not only am I surprised that we are in the same group as them at AFCON again but I am even more surprised that so many CE's are writing us off. On the green grass we shall see!!
"Just call me the Chimurenga Man. A guerilla. Soldier of peace.Man of the people. I write love poems with the barrel of my gun. For Africa always." - Japheth Ncube
Chimurenga Rebel
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimurenga Rebel »

ANC wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
Samora Machel wrote:
OK thanks

Nigeria have suffered o. I was going to tell you guys to forgive him, because life is all about perspective...Egypt vantage point (looking from up to down) may be different from others teams(group A) but Kabalega may be onto something here :sneaky:
Nigeria have suffered? :rotf:
"Just call me the Chimurenga Man. A guerilla. Soldier of peace.Man of the people. I write love poems with the barrel of my gun. For Africa always." - Japheth Ncube
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Chimurenga Rebel wrote:We qualified ahead of DR Congo in the group. Not only am I surprised that we are in the same group as them at AFCON again but I am even more surprised that so many CE's are writing us off. On the green grass we shall see!!

:rotf: In CE countries south of Angola and Zambia (including South Africa) are not considered footballing nations; CE is still stuck in time, 1990s to be exact.
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

bret- hart wrote:3 games and done for Uganda. I think even Zimbabwe will be to much to handle. Kama Biliat is waiting for you Kabalenga :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

I don't think Uganda will score a goal in this group talkless win a game! Egypt and Congo DR to get out so this easy group
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

bret- hart wrote:3 games and done for Uganda. I think even Zimbabwe will be to much to handle. Kama Biliat is waiting for you Kabalenga :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Kama Biliat is a beast but the Crane's defence is up to the task.

Egypt and Uganda were in the same group for the last AFCON tournament and World Cup qualifiers (split the games).
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Kabalega wrote:
Samora Machel wrote:
OK thanks
We know enough about African football - we have win the AFCON three times and qualified comfortably from a WCQ group that also had Algeria, Cameroon and Zambia - now that was a tough group.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Chimurenga Rebel wrote:We qualified ahead of DR Congo in the group. Not only am I surprised that we are in the same group as them at AFCON again but I am even more surprised that so many CE's are writing us off. On the green grass we shall see!!
We are writing you off because your team has many unknowns. But we will be happy if you do well.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

aruako1 wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
Samora Machel wrote:
OK thanks
We know enough about African football - we have win the AFCON three times and qualified comfortably from a WCQ group that also had Algeria, Cameroon and Zambia - now that was a tough group.
Yeah :?: :roll:
You also know enough not to qualify for two consecutive AFCON tournaments. :sneaky:
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

I take it you were on sabbatical when Algeria, Nigeria, Cameroon, and Zambia (AKA 3 of the last 4 African champions) were drawn in the same World Cup qualifying group. Do tell - which group do you think is more ridiculous, Algeria, Nigeria, Cameroon, and Zambia, or Egypt, DRC, Uganda and Zimbabwe. How many AFCONs have DRC, Uganda and Zimbabwe won in the last 30 years? You are talking about 4 countries that have a grand total of 1 World Cup appearance in the last 30 years between them.

Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

30 years? Walk me through this....

In 1978, Uganda Cranes sleepwalked to a win against 9ja in AFCON.
Only to lose to hosts, Ghana who sabotaged the team at every chance they got off the field.

Anyway, it was not until the UG Cranes stopped going to AFCON that a certain W. African nation, on the Niger river, won it. Now the Cranes are back to reclaim their rightful position.

Curiously, .... a makeshift UG Cranes team drew 0-0 in Nigeria. The previous game in Nigeria was a 0-1 win for Uganda. Before that a 2-1 win for Uganda at Namboole and before that a Nigerian 1-0 win in the robbery at Abeokuta, that was so bad that even 9ja journalists ran onto the field for answers from the match officials.

But that is history.
Recently, 9ja drew 0-0 with the UG Cranes in Nigeria. Their coach, Rohr later claimed that their main goal was to score goals. They failed to do so against a makeshift Cranes team. Africa's finest, Onyango didn't even play! :shock:

A few days ago, 9ja's finest struggled to a 1-0 win against a 2nd string Egyptian team in Nigeria.
If I were Nigerian, I would be lobbying CAF to have group B avoid group A teams.
After the Pot ranking wahala, I trust that Pinnick is on the case. :thumbs:
Will CAF bite though?
Let us siddon look :!:

wiseone wrote:I take it you were on sabbatical when Algeria, Nigeria, Cameroon, and Zambia (AKA 3 of the last 4 African champions) were drawn in the same World Cup qualifying group. Do tell - which group do you think is more ridiculous, Algeria, Nigeria, Cameroon, and Zambia, or Egypt, DRC, Uganda and Zimbabwe. How many AFCONs have DRC, Uganda and Zimbabwe won in the last 30 years? You are talking about 4 countries that have a grand total of 1 World Cup appearance in the last 30 years between them.

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

You did not actually answer any of my questions. You strangely mentioned 1978 (41 years ago) for some odd reason when I asked you about the last 30 years.
Kabalega wrote:30 years? Walk me through this....

In 1978, Uganda Cranes sleepwalked to a win against 9ja in AFCON.
Only to lose to hosts, Ghana who sabotaged the team at every chance they got off the field.

Anyway, it was not until the UG Cranes stopped going to AFCON that a certain W. African nation, on the Niger river, won it. Now the Cranes are back to reclaim their rightful position.

Curiously, .... a makeshift UG Cranes team drew 0-0 in Nigeria. The previous game in Nigeria was a 0-1 win for Uganda. Before that a 2-1 win for Uganda at Namboole and before that a Nigerian 1-0 win in the robbery at Abeokuta, that was so bad that even 9ja journalists ran onto the field for answers from the match officials.

But that is history.
Recently, 9ja drew 0-0 with the UG Cranes in Nigeria. Their coach, Rohr later claimed that their main goal was to score goals. They failed to do so against a makeshift Cranes team. Africa's finest, Onyango didn't even play! :shock:

A few days ago, 9ja's finest struggled to a 1-0 win against a 2nd string Egyptian team in Nigeria.
If I were Nigerian, I would be lobbying CAF to have group B avoid group A teams.
After the Pot ranking wahala, I trust that Pinnick is on the case. :thumbs:
Will CAF bite though?
Let us siddon look :!:

[/b]