U-17 AFCON NIGERIA 5 TANZANIA 4

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Rawlings
Egg
Egg
Re: U-17 AFCON NIGERIA 5 TANZANIA 4

Post by Rawlings »

1naija wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:That Nigerian goal keeper is very bad... but boy those were some phenomenal goals, especially the last one from the Nigerian kid :clap:
The Tanzanian goal keeper was very good, but still chopped 5 goals ...
A boy taking shots from men.
what do u expect?
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Enugu II wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
JACKAL wrote:
Enugu II wrote:Very good beginning for Nigeria. It is never easy beating a home team in an opener. Good thing that the squad is now settled as per MRI. Even though FIFA will conduct an MRI of ALL TEAMS at the U17 WC, those results will not be used to disqualify any of the players. Instead, they are used as part of ongoing studies. Moreover, FIFA does also understand that some players at the U17 WC time will be over the age of 17 years based on FIFA policy. Moreover, I believe there will be opportunity between now at the U17 WC (if the team gets there) to find a GK if this one does not improve.
Does Fifa test everyone (Including European teams) or is it just kids from Developing countries ?
FIFA tests everyone. However, because of the possibility that several kids from Europe and Americas fail the test and yet have safeproof birth certificates, that is possibly the reason that FIFA does not use its MRI test to disqualify players. Instead, those test results are used for further study. Remember, that as many as 35% of U17 players (all over the globe) failed this test even before MRI was officially introduced.

EII:

This has been my argument since the Chukwudi saga. Folks are taking this MRI test too religiously, despite the fact that the scientific study appears to suggest to treat the findings with caution.
Chief Ogbunigwe,

You are right. In fact, there is no scientific study that is foolproof. They are all based on how much confidence that one should place on its results within a given parameter. I think, as I have argued, that its use (in spite of some errors) is a great improvement over relying on passports of players from our country. While, it obviously leads to exclusion of some Nigerian players who may actually be U17, it helps exclude many that are over that age. This, perhaps, explains the Maduabuchi case that has been argued ad infinitum on this site.

You do not need a scientific study of any sort if you are honest and are committed to using players of the right age. And FIFA is well aware of this and the legal implication of making a disqualifying decision based on a a technology of questionable reliability.

Which leaves us with the question why African countries are not exercising their legal rights wrt CAF....

Perhaps because he who comes to equity must of necessity come with clean hands?

The Maduabuchi that you love to cite here often, have you ever thought that if he had opted for the US and they had qualified that he would've played for them?

We have cheating baked into our very fabric. That is the reality...

Every other thing is a poor excuse...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Field Marshall Ogolo »

Rawlings wrote:
1naija wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:That Nigerian goal keeper is very bad... but boy those were some phenomenal goals, especially the last one from the Nigerian kid :clap:
The Tanzanian goal keeper was very good, but still chopped 5 goals ...
A boy taking shots from men.
what do u expect?
A mandatory Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) screening of the squad may be underway. If I were a Nigerian, I would hold off the celebrations. It has been ordered by FIFA. Oga at the top. :taunt:
Kuku Ngbendu Wa Za Banga
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

pajimoh wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
pajimoh wrote:The second pen to Tanzania should have been a free kick. Our keeper is useless at penalties

Most keepers are useless at penalties
this one no even pick ball wey just pass beside him. It's like he's given up in his mind of saving the pens. Look at the first one, it hit the post and even get time come hit the goalkeeper for leg before ball roll in. The second one just stroll pass him, the ball even "mssshhheew" at the goalkeeper as it waka go inside net.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

txj wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
JACKAL wrote:
Enugu II wrote:Very good beginning for Nigeria. It is never easy beating a home team in an opener. Good thing that the squad is now settled as per MRI. Even though FIFA will conduct an MRI of ALL TEAMS at the U17 WC, those results will not be used to disqualify any of the players. Instead, they are used as part of ongoing studies. Moreover, FIFA does also understand that some players at the U17 WC time will be over the age of 17 years based on FIFA policy. Moreover, I believe there will be opportunity between now at the U17 WC (if the team gets there) to find a GK if this one does not improve.
Does Fifa test everyone (Including European teams) or is it just kids from Developing countries ?
FIFA tests everyone. However, because of the possibility that several kids from Europe and Americas fail the test and yet have safeproof birth certificates, that is possibly the reason that FIFA does not use its MRI test to disqualify players. Instead, those test results are used for further study. Remember, that as many as 35% of U17 players (all over the globe) failed this test even before MRI was officially introduced.

EII:

This has been my argument since the Chukwudi saga. Folks are taking this MRI test too religiously, despite the fact that the scientific study appears to suggest to treat the findings with caution.
Chief Ogbunigwe,

You are right. In fact, there is no scientific study that is foolproof. They are all based on how much confidence that one should place on its results within a given parameter. I think, as I have argued, that its use (in spite of some errors) is a great improvement over relying on passports of players from our country. While, it obviously leads to exclusion of some Nigerian players who may actually be U17, it helps exclude many that are over that age. This, perhaps, explains the Maduabuchi case that has been argued ad infinitum on this site.

You do not need a scientific study of any sort if you are honest and are committed to using players of the right age. And FIFA is well aware of this and the legal implication of making a disqualifying decision based on a a technology of questionable reliability.

Which leaves us with the question why African countries are not exercising their legal rights wrt CAF....

Perhaps because he who comes to equity must of necessity come with clean hands?

The Maduabuchi that you love to cite here often, have you ever thought that if he had opted for the US and they had qualified that he would've played for them?

We have cheating baked into our very fabric. That is the reality...

Every other thing is a poor excuse...
Txj,

Now you are talking. You finally got to the point.

1. I agree with you that African countries should exercise their legal rights but I also agree that they cannot because of a history of age cheating and, thus, they cannot vouch for their documents and must, therefore, be subject to MRI tests used for age estimation. I 100% agree! :thumbs:

2. On Maduabuchi, you are actually the one who uses his case severally to claim falsification of MRI data. The point, however, is that the MRI data on Maduabuchi does not need to be falsified. The MRI may have shown him as over age whereas we both know that with his birth certificate that he is IN FACT within the age group. The problem though is that even with his birth cert he would have been disqualified not only by NFF but by CAF as well. Yet, if he played for the USA, MRI would be only used at the World Cup U17 level and even if he failed the test at that point, his birth cert would have made him eligible because he would be representing the USA. That is the point.

I am happy that you now truly understand the issues. Having even accurate birth certifications by African kids is not enough to get them eligible any longer. Those days are past because of the history of their age cheating. Thus, only MRI is now used inspite of its errors. That is the point that was always made and yet it never was understood. Glad that you are finally there.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Enugu II wrote:Txj,

1. I agree with you that African countries should exercise their legal rights but I also agree that they cannot because of a history of age cheating and, thus, they cannot vouch for their documents and must, therefore, be subject to MRI tests used for age estimation. I 100% agree! :thumbs:

2. On Maduabuchi, you are actually the one who uses his case severally to claim falsification of MRI data. The point, however, is that the MRI data on Maduabuchi does not need to be falsified. The MRI may have shown him as over age whereas we both know that with his birth certificate that he is IN FACT within the age group. The problem though is that even with his birth cert he would have been disqualified not only by NFF but by CAF as well. Yet, if he played for the USA, MRI would be only used at the World Cup U17 level and even if he failed the test at that point, his birth cert would have made him eligible because he would be representing the USA. That is the point.

I am happy that you now truly understand the issues. Having even accurate birth certifications by African kids is not enough to get them eligible any longer. Those days are past because of the history of their age cheating. Thus, only MRI is now used inspite of its errors. That is the point that was always made and yet it never was understood. Glad that you are finally there.

You are quite funny!

There is nothing new about my statement or position.

Having accurate BC should and can be enough for Nigerian players if the NFF were not collusive in cheating. And its not that they cannot vouch for the documents. They can if they truly wanted... its that they are collusive in the cheating in the first place, and continue to do so, even as we speak! That is the point you repeatedly gloss over...

If they were not collusive in the cheating, they would move hell and highwater to challenge CAF's regulation, which has no basis in law.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

txj wrote:You are quite funny!

Having accurate BC should and can be enough for Nigerian players if the NFF were not collusive in cheating. And its not that they cannot vouch for the documents. They can if they truly wanted... its that they are collusive in the cheating in the first place, and continue to do so, even as we speak! That is the point you repeatedly gloss over...

If they were not collusive in the cheating, they would move hell and highwater to challenge CAF's regulation, which has no basis in law.
How can they vouch for it? Even if there isn't a high incident of forgery in Nigeria?
Even in the US, no third party can "vouch" for the veracity of information in a document.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

maceo4 wrote:No kill me o, I just dey ask question but have these guys gone through the age testing scans? I hate to follow U-Anything, but NFF posted the pic of the no. 13 Amoo guy with MOTM award and he doesn’t look U-17 to me. Just asking o...
The return of Ageologists! :lol:

Dude, apart from the NFF tests on the eve of departure...
CAF also conducted its own MRI tests on all players in Tanzania.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Gotti wrote:

How can they vouch for it? Even if there isn't a high incident of forgery in Nigeria?
Even in the US, no third party can "vouch" for the veracity of information in a document.
Here we go again! Its called credentialing.

And the idea is not to "vouch" for veracity of info on a document, but to certify its accuracy. You cannot as a 3rd party "vouch" for a document you did not create, but rather certify it's accuracy, within an acceptable confidence level...

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Gotti wrote:

What I meant to say here is that they can verify. The accurate and applicable term is not vouch...

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

txj wrote:What I meant to say here is that they can verify. The accurate and applicable term is not vouch...
Ok, that's the term I had particular issues with...

Nonetheless, while agreeing that the NFF should do its very best to verify the relevant documents (and frankly we do not know if they do - unless you are privy to information that is not available to the rest of us), there are still going to be issues with the verification process. Verification of documents basically involves two prongs: (1) the authenticity of the document, and (2) the veracity of the substantive information contained in the document. The unfortunate reality is that in Nigeria if there is any break along that verification chain there's very little or no way for the coaches to catch it.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

txj wrote:

You are quite funny!

Having accurate BC should and can be enough for Nigerian players if the NFF were not collusive in cheating.And its not that they cannot vouch for the documents. They can if they truly wanted... its that they are collusive in the cheating in the first place, and continue to do so, even as we speak! That is the point you repeatedly gloss over...

You are so concrete-headed its unbelievable.
This your virtue signaling impresses nobody.

But let's assume you are the only morally upright person left in Nigeria and are put in charge of screening and 'vouching for/verifying/validating' (or whatever you choose to call it) BCs.
You think everyone will now pass the MRI test?
Or you think FIFA will scrap the need for it in Nigeria because Saint Txj is doing the 'vouching'?

What has your freaking 'vouching' got to do with the stark reality of birth registrations in Nigeria?
You are a joker and have no clue.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

maceo4 wrote:No kill me o, I just dey ask question but have these guys gone through the age testing scans? I hate to follow U-Anything, but NFF posted the pic of the no. 13 Amoo guy with MOTM award and he doesn’t look U-17 to me. Just asking o...
The standards that FIFA set is that you have to pass the MRI test to qualify for the tournament… On my personal count, he has been tested 4 times and he has passed each time...2x by Nigerian testers and 2x times by CAF independent testers once in Burkina faso and as recently as last week in Tanzania.....I am not sure what else you want ? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I am personally satisfied with the players, especially since they were all independently tested.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

JACKAL wrote:
The standards that FIFA set is that you have to pass the MRI test to qualify for the tournament… On my personal count, he has been tested 4 times and he has passed each time...2x by Nigerian testers and 2x times by CAF independent testers once in Burkina faso and as recently as last week in Tanzania.....I am not sure what else you want ? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I am personally satisfied with the players, especially since they were all independently tested.
This is the kid he is doubting can be 17 yrs old.

And that's him again in their group photo, third from left, front row:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Damunk wrote:
JACKAL wrote:

Yea doesn’t look like a 17 year old to me, but if he’s been through scans then wetin be my own sef, I was just enquiring.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

https://footballlive.ng/amoos-exploits- ... le-school/

Golden Eaglets’ revelation at this year’s African U17 Cup of Nations qualifier in Niger Republic, Akinkunmi Amoo has excited his mentor, Prince Adeyemi Bepo and staff at his Alma Mata, Brightville College, Ibadan.

Amoo, who footballlive.ng learnt was signed early this year by Shooting Stars of Ibadan, first shot to limelight with the Eaglets in their second group 5-1 win against Cote d’Ivoire.
The youngster then confirmed his heroic status on Saturday, when got Nigeria’s only goal in the 1-1 draw against Ghana in the final.
Amoo justified all hype trailing him and reason why he is now wanted by several top clubs in Europe after he netted his third goal in the zonal final against Nigeria’s rivals, Ghana.
The goal drew the Eaglets level before they edged past the Black Starlets 3-1 on penalties to clinch the zone’s sole ticket for the 2019 U17 AFCON in Tanzania.

Although he lost his kick during the ensuing spot kick, following a stalemate at the end of regulation time in Niamey, the youngster had done enough, which made his confidant’s very happy.
So much has been revealed by Prince Bepo, who said the Ibadan-born lad, a native of Lagelu local government is already on his way to living his dream of one day getting to play for Chelsea, Arsenal, Manchester City, Barcelona, AS Monaco or RSC Anderlecht.
The chief executive of Bepo Adeyemi Foundation stated in a press release: “Golden Eaglets’ sensation, Akinwunmi Amoo was spotted by Hon. Prince Emmanuel Adeyemi Bepo in one of his games with his school, Brightville College, Ibadan under the proprietorship of Dr. Friday Ogada.

“Amoo made top marks in the Nigerian Secondary Schools Football Competition, Shell Cup, which he helped his school win.
“At his school, Akinwunmi was not just a footballer. He’s also as fast as antelope on the tracks, and won so many laurels in athletics.
“Above all, he was Brightville Academy’s midfield general. Akinkunmi Amoo was also in devastating form when the Eaglets walloped The Young Elephants 5-1 in their second match of the WAFU U17 tournament in Niger Republic. He was man of the match.”
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk wrote:
txj wrote:

You are quite funny!

Having accurate BC should and can be enough for Nigerian players if the NFF were not collusive in cheating.And its not that they cannot vouch for the documents. They can if they truly wanted... its that they are collusive in the cheating in the first place, and continue to do so, even as we speak! That is the point you repeatedly gloss over...

But let's assume you are the only morally upright person left in Nigeria and are put in charge of screening and 'vouching for/verifying/validating' (or whatever you choose to call it) BCs.
Or you think FIFA will scrap the need for it in Nigeria because Saint Txj is doing the 'vouching'?

What has your freaking 'vouching' got to do with the stark reality of birth registrations in Nigeria?
Damunk,

Thank you. I just do not understand why it is so difficult to acknowledge the highlighted point made above. The fact that someone is actually 16 in Nigeria and has the document to prove it does not guarantee that he will pass the MRI test and if he doesn't the reality is that he will be declared ineligible. That is a basic point that should be understood. It should not be that difficult. As for whether cheating takes place in Nigeria. I do not believe there is anyone on this site that has ever disputed that. Heck, that is the very reason for introducing MRI in the first place.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

I agree with Manu when he said they should have been up by 7 goals in the first half alone....some of those misses were unbelievable …. They scoreline could very easily been 8-2 or something ridiculous like that...he said some of the new players they brought on the team were getting on an airplane for the first time in their lives....

First games are always tough..I think we will see a more comprehensive performance agaisnt Angola on Wednesday...
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

maceo4 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
JACKAL wrote:

Yea doesn’t look like a 17 year old to me, but if he’s been through scans then wetin be my own sef, I was just enquiring.

He looks like a 17 year old kid. Go to any high school in your local area and you will see athletes(basketball and Football players) that look even older. He did like 4 MRI tests and passed them all. What more proof do you want? Im sick of clowns like you that accuse these kids of being overaged without any logical evidence to back any claims up.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

maceo4 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
JACKAL wrote:

...what does a 17 year old look like?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Damunk wrote:
txj wrote:

You are quite funny!

First off, FIFA does not and have never disqualified anyone on account of MRI...

You should at least get the basics right...

Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Why is the team wearing Nike jersey that looks like we bought on Nike.com on sale?
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
oyek
Egg
Egg

Post by oyek »

bret- hart wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
JACKAL wrote:

He looks like a 17 year old kid. Go to any high school in your local area and you will see athletes(basketball and Football players) that look even older. He did like 4 MRI tests and passed them all. What more proof do you want? Im sick of clowns like you that accuse these kids of being overaged without any logical evidence to back any claims up.
The guest on Channels Tv sports tonight confirmed it earlier today that Amoo wrote his WAEC in Ibadan in 2016 as he knows him personally. The kid is legit.
If not for Jesus, where will i be?