The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2019

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2

Post by Waffiman »

Mister Dolly wrote:I see us finishing 3rd this season...
I hope you are correct. The good thing is our competition have tough games too. But our away form is a real worry.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

People can over-analyze all they want but if you asked any Arsenal fan at the beginning of the season if they would accept top 4 with our fate in our own hands with one month to go in the season, 100% of them would've said 'yes'. Our team is not very good yet we couldn't ask for more at this stage in the season.

Now lets hope City kills Spurs' confidence with a win on Wednesday. You know if City wins that one they are going to beat a demoralized Spurs side again on Saturday.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:Honestly how is this team going to survive games @ Wolves, @ Leicester and @ Burnley if they can barely cope with a Watford side down to 10 men for virtually the entire match?

That was a dire display from Arsenal.

Europa league by far most realistic avenue for Arsenal CL aspirations. Arsenal technically do not have to win a single away game to win the Europa league.

Don't see this team collecting more than 4 out of 9 points @ Wolves, @ Leicester and @ Burnley.

Honestly this was the game we had to have ...: it puts the pressure on the others and changes the narrative ..: imagine the disaster if we had dropped points today .

Every team needs luck ... look how many get out of jail cards Liverpool and Toto have gotten this season
True Aniks, well said.

I'm being harsh, this is a tired team, facing rested , solid Watford side at Vicarage road. A team that was sans Bellerin, Holding, Sokratis, Welbeck. I should not scoff at 3 points under those circumstances.

but....I have no time for mercurial types. I can't frigging stand likes of Mkhitaryan, everything has to be perfect for this dude to play to required standard.

Don’t think it was being harsh but just frustration. I warned folks that used to pile on the likes of Welbeck that his direct and physical presence will be missed by the squad, especially in those grimy road battles but they wouldnt listen .

Powder puffs and mental midgets fill the ranks of this lot and it’s gonna be a titanic struggle to get past Napoli on Thursday .... frankly I’m really nervous
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

The YeyeMan wrote:
anikulapo wrote:There used to be a Buffoon here who used to accuse me of all kinds of things for not sharing his worshipping the so called Armenian Pele.

The clown is on my ignore list but I assume he isn’t here any more :roll: :roll:

Mugus :lol:
Who? Robbynice?
Definitely not Robbynice. With that said, thank God for the massive 3 points today. This is the business end of the season and all that matters is the win. Fact not feelings!
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

There are 15 points left to play for.

We need at least ten to finish in the Top four.

It will be a monumental task with trips to Leicester, Wolves and Burnley.

Arsenal need to beat Palace and Brighton at home and fight for a win at Burnley and a point away to Wolves or Leicester.

It will definitely come down to that but the team is stretched to its limits with the daft suspension to Sokra and injuries across the board.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

anikulapo wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:Honestly how is this team going to survive games @ Wolves, @ Leicester and @ Burnley if they can barely cope with a Watford side down to 10 men for virtually the entire match?

That was a dire display from Arsenal.

Europa league by far most realistic avenue for Arsenal CL aspirations. Arsenal technically do not have to win a single away game to win the Europa league.

Don't see this team collecting more than 4 out of 9 points @ Wolves, @ Leicester and @ Burnley.

Honestly this was the game we had to have ...: it puts the pressure on the others and changes the narrative ..: imagine the disaster if we had dropped points today .

Every team needs luck ... look how many get out of jail cards Liverpool and Toto have gotten this season
True Aniks, well said.

I'm being harsh, this is a tired team, facing rested , solid Watford side at Vicarage road. A team that was sans Bellerin, Holding, Sokratis, Welbeck. I should not scoff at 3 points under those circumstances.

but....I have no time for mercurial types. I can't frigging stand likes of Mkhitaryan, everything has to be perfect for this dude to play to required standard.

Don’t think it was being harsh but just frustration. I warned folks that used to pile on the likes of Welbeck that his direct and physical presence will be missed by the squad, especially in those grimy road battles but they wouldnt listen .

Powder puffs and mental midgets fill the ranks of this lot and it’s gonna be a titanic struggle to get past Napoli on Thursday .... frankly I’m really nervous

Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

My people how will you line up in Napoli?One think we need to be perfect in that game is our chances,get an away goal dont give any goal in first half,they will be frustrated
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Manu in hot water,playing barca,Everton,City and Chelsea in their next 4 games
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Robbynice wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
anikulapo wrote:There used to be a Buffoon here who used to accuse me of all kinds of things for not sharing his worshipping the so called Armenian Pele.

The clown is on my ignore list but I assume he isn’t here any more :roll: :roll:

Who? Robbynice?
Definitely not Robbynice. With that said, thank God for the massive 3 points today. This is the business end of the season and all that matters is the win. Fact not feelings!
Spot on bro. So easy to criticise without looking at the holistic viewpoint. Arsenal this season after Europa Thursday games are played 5 won 5. Put into proper context, Chelsea are yet to win after a midweek Europa game, losing 2 drawing 3. A remarkable record for mental midgets. Look, we have issues away from home, but we just won. There is a problem though, winning away from home does not fit in with the narrative.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

We won the 3 points today. that's all that matters. On to the next game.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

bepanda wrote:We won the 3 points today. that's all that matters. On to the next game.
But Napoli game making me shaking more than before.Looking at our next 2 games,we are in hot soup,playing Napoli then welcome inform crazy Zaha running rings around Mustafi,lord help us.Our last way trip at everton we play like our players met for the first time.God let us draw or if we have to open nyash should be like 2-1....and move to semi.
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Should we lose at Napoli so that we focus on the top4?
lets face it, playing these midweek games will force the coach to not always play his best line ups in the epl and it might backfire.
Also there is a risk of injury and fatigue.
I will be honest: I don't care about the Napoli game.
If Napoli goes through, then I won't break a sweat.
But, we MUST win our next 2 EPL games. (1 away, 1 @home) to put some distance with United , Chelsea and Spurs.
Bepanda
kajifu wrote:
bepanda wrote:We won the 3 points today. that's all that matters. On to the next game.
But Napoli game making me shaking more than before.Looking at our next 2 games,we are in hot soup,playing Napoli then welcome inform crazy Zaha running rings around Mustafi,lord help us.Our last way trip at everton we play like our players met for the first time.God let us draw or if we have to open nyash should be like 2-1....and move to semi.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... ts-6927291

I thought Emery was the problem at PSG????

The stupidity of posters who know nothing about football keeps getting exposed :rotf: :rotf:

MLK.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

kajifu wrote:
Every game makes you shake. You should quit following footy and take up knitting. :D
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

theYemster wrote:
kajifu wrote:
Every game makes you shake. You should quit following footy and take up knitting. :D
Oga a lot of beloved fans shake even you,staying silent doesn't mean you are not shaking.
Our away form is a big problem ooh,we are in trouble come thursday
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Waffiman wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:

Who? Robbynice?
Spot on bro. So easy to criticise without looking at the holistic viewpoint. Arsenal this season after Europa Thursday games are played 5 won 5. Put into proper context, Chelsea are yet to win after a midweek Europa game, losing 2 drawing 3. A remarkable record for mental midgets. Look, we have issues away from home, but we just won. There is a problem though, winning away from home does not fit in with the narrative.
Well laid out, Waffi. I look at this team and I don't see mental midgets. This is the same narrative that's been peddled about this team for the past few years, and always surfaces once we struggle in a game or lose. The team is fighting against mental 'giants' for the top 4, and are firmly in the mix, yet they are mental midgets.

The most annoying part is the TV commentary during games. Those guys tried to justify every single rough and violent play by Watford by either dismissing them as aggressive play, or describing the Arsenal players as soft. That red card came as a result of Deeney trying to apply the proverbial 'leveler' to Torreira at the beginning of the game. Its the regular blueprint for the likes of Deeney. They start a game by extreme rough play seeking to instill fear in the opponent, and set the tone for the rest of the game. Unfortunately, his antics got caught this time, and he had to walk.

Glad we won that game, whether against 10 men or not.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

This is one rumor I am open to, but I won't hold my breath.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... Neres.html
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Nkume wrote:This is one rumor I am open to, but I won't hold my breath.

Is he a CF or a winger or playmaker?
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

kajifu wrote:

Winger. Brazilian international.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

anikulapo wrote:https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... ts-6927291

I thought Emery was the problem at PSG????

The stupidity of posters who know nothing about football keeps getting exposed :rotf: :rotf:
This German is looking for a big pay check.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Big praise to young boy Mavropanos. What an arena to be thrust into for your first start and once again, aside from an early wobble, more than held his own.

Thank you Diamond Eye Sven for discovering this talent :thumb: :thumb: If he stays healthy, I feel bad for Chambers and Holding :woot:

And Mustafi played well as a full back as well. Credit to him.

As for Mesut Özil, why oh why, Unai? What does this man do for this squad Biko?

I mean, talk of a bloody waste of space :curse:

MLK.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Nkume wrote:
kajifu wrote:

Why ? He scored against Juve so he is the new toast of the month ? Abeg if we have 45m , we should go tempt Everton for Richalson and Dash them one player join . :taunt: :taunt:

Not going to happen sha..Everton will not sell ..
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

Siddonlook11 wrote:
Nkume wrote:
kajifu wrote:

Why ? He scored against Juve so he is the new toast of the month ? Abeg if we have 45m , we should go tempt Everton for Richalson and Dash them one player join . :taunt: :taunt:

Not going to happen sha..Everton will not sell ..
Neres is all that, plus a bag of chips. Bet you haven't been watching Ajax. Go ask the Madridistas. :lol:
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato