NPFL 2019 Season

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: NPFL 2019 Season

Post by Enugu II »

ukwala wrote:Seems the ref wants Sunshine to equalise, 7 mins of injury time so far and the game is still on....
ukwala,

Just saw the penalty save by Bonsu. The ref blew the call on that one. It should have been re-taken after Sunshine Stars scored from the rebound. Rangers escaped there. The referee whistled the player for encroachment and gave an indirect kick to Rangers. However, the replay shows that players from both teams encroached and thus the correct call should have been a re-take. Well, Rangers got the reprieve there.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

Enugu II wrote:
ukwala wrote:Seems the ref wants Sunshine to equalise, 7 mins of injury time so far and the game is still on....
ukwala,

Just saw the penalty save by Bonsu. The ref blew the call on that one. It should have been re-taken after Sunshine Stars scored from the rebound. Rangers escaped there. The referee whistled the player for encroachment and gave an indirect kick to Rangers. However, the replay shows that players from both teams encroached and thus the correct call should have been a re-take. Well, Rangers got the reprieve there.
EII, I've not seen it yet but if that be the case, it's possible the ref was trying to make amends for his mistake.
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

RANGERS XI vs MFM
25 Nana Bonsu
11 Chidera Ezeh
26 Tony Shimaga
3 Ugwu Uwadiegwu
24 Isiaka Oladuntoye
18 Akpos Adubi
17 Bright Silas
27 Ajani Ibrahim
12 Pascal Seka
23 Roland Koffi
2 Godwin Aguda
SUBS
16 Femi Thomas
33 West Omodu
4 Okey Odita
8 Kelvin Itoya
13 Isaac Loute
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

Goal no. 1 to Rangers on 37 mins. Our Ivorian import Seka Pachal with the goal (assist by Ajani Ibrahim).

Rangers 1 - 0 MFM
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

HT: Rangers 1 - 0 MFM
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

One of the great improvement in the league that is that the league table is looking more like league tables do. By that I mean the gap between the better teams and the poor teams is wide. There was as time when the gap was so thin because every team basically won at its home. This year, it is different. The better teams can go on longer unbeaten stretches and away wins are not as rare. This, IMHO, is an improvement. There are still complaints about bad officiating but those complaints appear to be lessening. I wonder if I am the only one who has noticed these things.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

Enugu II wrote:One of the great improvement in the league that is that the league table is looking more like league tables do. By that I mean the gap between the better teams and the poor teams is wide. There was as time when the gap was so thin because every team basically won at its home. This year, it is different. The better teams can go on longer unbeaten stretches and away wins are not as rare. This, IMHO, is an improvement. There are still complaints about bad officiating but those complaints appear to be lessening. I wonder if I am the only one who has noticed these things.
EII, correct observation and no, you are not the only one who has noticed the improvements. I wonder why though as I can't think of any specific initiative of the LMC. It could be due to the 2-group format but I am struggling to find the relationship!!
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

Bendel 2 - 1 Rangers.
Our 13 match unbeaten run ends in Benin as 10-Man Rangers lose to Bendel Insurance.
The ref showed our striker Seka Pascal a straight red in the 20th minute for supposedly kicking an opponent, so we played for 70mins with 10 men. I hope it is not what I am thinking but I'll hold judgment until I see the incident.
Good thing is that we are still top of the table.
Up Rangers......we fear no foe.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

ukwala wrote:Bendel 2 - 1 Rangers.
Our 13 match unbeaten run ends in Benin as 10-Man Rangers lose to Bendel Insurance.
The ref showed our striker Seka Pascal a straight red in the 20th minute for supposedly kicking an opponent, so we played for 70mins with 10 men. I hope it is not what I am thinking but I'll hold judgment until I see the incident.
Great result. The way I'm thinking, that red card was well deserved and the referee should have awarded a penalty no matter where the crime was committed! I commend Bendel Insurance for their wonderful display which many described as a near replica of Brazil's wonderful 1982 world cup team. The only sad thing was that the match ended 2-1 instead of the deserved scoreline of 6-1. On to the next match :mrgreen: .
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

YemiBrazil wrote:
ukwala wrote:Bendel 2 - 1 Rangers.
Great result. The way I'm thinking, that red card was well deserved and the referee should have awarded a penalty no matter where the crime was committed! I commend Bendel Insurance for their wonderful display which many described as a near replica of Brazil's wonderful 1982 world cup team. The only sad thing was that the match ended 2-1 instead of the deserved scoreline of 6-1. On to the next match :mrgreen: .
Haha! My good friend comrade YemiB, how market? Did you see Enugu II's comment about how the NPFL table was looking like a proper league table now with more away wins and a wider gap between the good and poor teams? Well, I didn't tell him it was because the team responsible for 'tactical' was chilling in division 2 :taunt: :taunt:.
Please bring us news from that side, abeg!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Game of thrones better pass avengers die...no competition
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

They should display the points tally as well.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Rangers lost 0-3 today to Rivers United in PH.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Enugu II wrote:Rangers lost 0-3 today to Rivers United in PH.
Worst defeat of the season... :oops:
But at least the NPFL reversed the Seka card.

#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

Gotti wrote:

Some consolation, pity the stolen points cannot be retrieved.
Where is comrade YemiB to tell us how the red card was well deserved???
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

Bad day at the office but we still top the table with 6 points after 16 games (out of 22).
We are Rangers and we fear no foe.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Gotti wrote:

Gotti,

Seriously? The player was sent off for a trumped up incident which the referee did not witness. To think that it probably cost the team the game because the player was disqualified early. Hope the referee gets sanctioned for that.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

ukwala wrote:
Bad day at the office but we still top the table with 6 points after 16 games (out of 22).
We are Rangers and we fear no foe.
Ukwala,

But it smells like Rangers are embarking on a 3-consecutive games defeat with Aba looming this weekend.