NIGERIA'S BEST PLAYERS ARE THE ONE'S WHO FAIL MRI SCREENING

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

JACKAL
Egg
Egg
Re: NIGERIA'S BEST PLAYERS ARE THE ONE'S WHO FAIL MRI SCREEN

Post by JACKAL »

Allnigeriasoccer.com understands that five-time world champions, Golden Eaglets of Nigeria have been handed a boost ahead of their U17 Africa Cup of Nations opening match against Tanzania on Sunday, April 14.

The news everyone has been waiting for back home is positive, with all the 21 Nigeria U17 players named on the roster passing the mandatory Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) tests conducted on Friday morning before their first training session on Tanzanian soil.

Tanzania coach will have a depleted squad to choose from for tomorrow's game against the Golden Eaglets as two of their players failed the MRI tests and cannot be replaced as per the tournament rules.

Nigeria's potential opponents in the semifinals, Cameroon were the worst hit, with three players not passing the MRI tests, while one failed from Guinea.

Apart from the Golden Eaglets, players from Senegal, Uganda, Angola and Morocco were given a clean bill of health by the Confederation of African Football doctors.

Meanwhile, the Golden Eaglets trained today at the National Stadium, Dar es Salaam ahead of their showdown against the Serengeti Boys. The training session started at 1700 hours.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

pajimoh wrote:
JACKAL wrote:
Manu Garba Reacts As MRI Knocks Off Five Key Players From Nigeria U17 Team
August 14, 2018

The strength of the Nigerian U17 team has been depleted after the mandatory Magnetic Resonance Imaging test popularly called the MRI test introduced by FIFA to curb the menace of age cheat claimed five regular players.
Players of the team underwent the test last week ahead of their campaign at the Africa U17 Qualifiers tournament in Niger Republic and the result was released two days back to the players by the technical crew of the team.
Led by coach Manu Garba, the technical crew painfully announced the name of five players who have been pivotal in their training plans among the players who failed the test, hence ruling them out of the tournament.
Reacting to the test result, Manu Garba said they will work hard to make up for the absence of the players : ” It’s unfortunate because they have been with us for a while but we will work hard to make up for their absence. They wil be missed but we are confident of finding capable replacement “, he told Owngoalnigeria.com in a phone conversation.

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2018/08/14/manu-garba-reacts-as-mri-knocks-off-five-key-players-from-nigeria-u17-team/
These people never learn. You spend time training, feeding, housing these kids after whatever selection process they've gone through but keep your fingers crossed that they'll pass the most important. F3ck me. These guys are behaving stupidly just to save money. So how much have they saved now - didn't they still have to do the MRI?
:clap: Just the Nigerian way of thinking, cutting corners and saving money on the short term so they can see if there’s any change to party with!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

JACKAL wrote:
Damunk wrote:
JACKAL wrote:I really don't understand how Manu and the NFF are managing this MRI process... First of all they treat it like a lottery system. Sometimes you pass, sometimes you fail...
how could they pass 3 months ago and then fail now... ???
And why are they doing it a few days to the competition start... its just sheer mismanagement. Now they lose 5 starters on the team. Its just crazy....

Are they going to test them again if the qualify for the WC proper ?? Then they are going to lose the remaining 6 starters on the eve of the tournament. So its possible we go the WC with an entirely new team.... :curse: :curse: :atc:
Do you understand the MRI check at all?????
After how many years of painstaking explanation?
Jeez. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I understand MRI perfectly... Dr Dafunk….

What I said was they are not managing the MRI screening process properly. If you are going to spend time training a kid for a competition coming up 12 months from Now...why would you accept kids into the program today who are at level 4 or 5 of fusion. Clearly those kids in a matter of months even weeks could achieved full Fusion thereby throwing your program into disarray... If they were managing the process well they would understand they need to accept kids who are maybe below a certain threshold of fusion so that 12 months from now they can still qualify for the competition proper. ​
IIt means no such thing because rates of fusion are wildly different in individuals, just like rates of growth.
Unless you are an alien living on Planet Cuckoo, you'd have witnessed countless youths going through growth spurts at different times of their development.
A kid can grow 2-3 inches over a summer holiday alone. Some grow early, some grow late. Some in spurts, some slow and steady
So why would you eliminate the future prospects of a mere kid just because his physiology is at a certain stage, is perfectly normal and remains within the acceptable rules?
Now of course using kids who at the advanced fusion could be a strategy to get qualification since those are probably the older kids of that age group. Meaning they are closer to 17 in age than the rest of the group . If you really really think about it, its cheating of a different type because those kids at that advanced fusion point may not really meet the cut-off DOB point to qualify to play even in the qualifiers.
It does not automatically mean that for God's sake! This is why I say you are talking rubbish with big-big grammar.
This is the loophole that the NFF is exploiting. …..Naija sha… they will find a way... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Which is why I say by the time the competition proper rolls by, they may have lost their entire starting line up that they started with 12 months ago.
They are losing large numbers because of the unreliable birth registration process in Nigeria.
Other countries would probably lose players in large numbers if they were subjected to the same tests that we Africans currently are, despite their reliable birth certificates.

From what we now know, by the time the young kids reach the National camps, they've passed at least one MRI, and therefore are within the age "bracket", so I doubt we'd lose on average more players than would England or France or the USA were they to be subjected to the same tests.
For all you know we are now at a disadvantage because genuinely young players are being dropped by the NFF for insisting on fusion levels of 4.0 and below despite 5.0 being the FIFA recommended maximum.

See Ugbowo's very poignant, first hand account here:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=294438&start=46#p5421138
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Damunk wrote:
JACKAL wrote:
Damunk wrote:
JACKAL wrote:I really don't understand how Manu and the NFF are managing this MRI process... First of all they treat it like a lottery system. Sometimes you pass, sometimes you fail...
how could they pass 3 months ago and then fail now... ???
And why are they doing it a few days to the competition start... its just sheer mismanagement. Now they lose 5 starters on the team. Its just crazy....

Are they going to test them again if the qualify for the WC proper ?? Then they are going to lose the remaining 6 starters on the eve of the tournament. So its possible we go the WC with an entirely new team.... :curse: :curse: :atc:
Do you understand the MRI check at all?????
After how many years of painstaking explanation?
Jeez. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I understand MRI perfectly... Dr Dafunk….

What I said was they are not managing the MRI screening process properly. If you are going to spend time training a kid for a competition coming up 12 months from Now...why would you accept kids into the program today who are at level 4 or 5 of fusion. Clearly those kids in a matter of months even weeks could achieved full Fusion thereby throwing your program into disarray... If they were managing the process well they would understand they need to accept kids who are maybe below a certain threshold of fusion so that 12 months from now they can still qualify for the competition proper. ​
IIt means no such thing because rates of fusion are wildly different in individuals, just like rates of growth.
Unless you are an alien living on Planet Cuckoo, you'd have witnessed countless youths going through growth spurts at different times of their development.
A kid can grow 2-3 inches over a summer holiday alone. Some grow early, some grow late. Some in spurts, some slow and steady
So why would you eliminate the future prospects of a mere kid just because his physiology is at a certain stage, is perfectly normal and remains within the acceptable rules?
Now of course using kids who at the advanced fusion could be a strategy to get qualification since those are probably the older kids of that age group. Meaning they are closer to 17 in age than the rest of the group . If you really really think about it, its cheating of a different type because those kids at that advanced fusion point may not really meet the cut-off DOB point to qualify to play even in the qualifiers.
It does not automatically mean that for God's sake! This is why I say you are talking rubbish with big-big grammar.
This is the loophole that the NFF is exploiting. …..Naija sha… they will find a way... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Which is why I say by the time the competition proper rolls by, they may have lost their entire starting line up that they started with 12 months ago.
They are losing large numbers because of the unreliable birth registration process in Nigeria.
Other countries would probably lose players in large numbers if they were subjected to the same tests that we Africans currently are, despite their reliable birth certificates.

From what we now know, by the time the young kids reach the National camps, they've passed at least one MRI, and therefore are within the age "bracket", so I doubt we'd lose on average more players than would England or France or the USA were they to be subjected to the same tests.
For all you know we are now at a disadvantage because genuinely young players are being dropped by the NFF for insisting on fusion levels of 4.0 and below despite 5.0 being the FIFA recommended maximum.

See Ugbowo's very poignant, first hand account here:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=294438&start=46#p5421138
Dr Dafunk...So you waited for ugbowo to talk before your replied me !! Kai!!!
Anyway, i stand by what I said...if the NFA is refusing to accept anyonewho is beyond level 4 of fusion this means they agree with my assertion that kids that are already at 5 level of fusion are likely to be out of status quicker than say one who is at level 2..!! You didnt mention that part did you ?? yeye Dokita :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Coach Manu Garba has sensationally dropped four more players from the U17 AFCON in Tanzania – Fawaz, Abdullahi, Shedrack Tanko, Mayowa Abayomi and Ogaga Oduko – to name his final 21-man squad for the U17 World Cup.
Six players from the tournament in Tanzania, where Nigeria placed a disappointing fourth, had already been dropped before the trip to Brazil.
They were David Ishaya, Adrian Akande, Mubaraq Adeshina, Shuaibu Abdulrazaq, Suleman Shuaibu and Olatomi Olaniyan.
However, there was also a surprise place for Abba Bichi, whose inclusion in the squad had long been questioned as his father is head of the country’s security agency.
It has been reported that embattled NFF officials insisted on the boy so as to curry the favour of his father in their desperate bid to escape corruption trial.

FC Hearts star Francis Daniel, a highly promising defensive midfielder who featured at this year’s Bayern Munich World Youth Cup in Germany, was a late inclusion on the squad.

Nigeria Final Squad to the 2019 U17 World Cup

Goalkeepers: Sunday Stephen, Joseph Oluwabusola, Daniel Jinadu

Defenders: Usman Ibrahim, Clement Ikenna, Charles Etim, Quadri Edun, Oluwatimilehen Adeniyi

Midfielders: Samson Tijani (Captain), Francis Daniel, Akinkunmi Amoo, Peter Agba, Ibraheem Jabaar, Monsuru Opeyemi, Ojederan Hamzat, Sa’id Ibrahim

Strikers: Wisdom Ubani, Olakunle Olusegun, Devine Nwachukwu, Olawale Peter, Abba Bichi
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

Bump
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?