Lily Livered 2018/19: Finished 4th in a 3-horse race

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle
Re: Lily Livered 2018/19: Carabao OUT, FA Cup OUT

Post by tfco »

:clap: :clap: :clap:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

tfco wrote::clap: :clap: :clap:
I'm sure if it was ManUre you'd say it was your "Q" team :tic:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Ajaxx-ed

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

b-side
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

King Futcha wrote:b-side
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

generally, in football, Tottenham is seeing as an inferior club. i dont mean to isult them, i am just saying that in europe, teams and players regard them as a low level club. remember what chiellini said about them?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

danfo driver wrote:
King Futcha wrote:b-side
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

generally, in football, Tottenham is seeing as an inferior club. i dont mean to isult them, i am just saying that in europe, teams and players regard them as a low level club. remember what chiellini said about them?
that was the first thing i thought of when i saw de ligt's quote :)
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

come to think about it, football and life is so funny. Tottenham players most likely went into the game thinking about Ajax players as "small boys" and inferior to them. Afterall. Erickson Vertonghen, Aldeweireld and Sanchez were some of the best players when they played for Ajax and now they have improved further. Interestingly, and at the same time Ajax were probably thinking of Tottenham as a small club that "keep the tempo high." :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: life ehn! :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...will these young Ajax stars sustain this push?
They were relentless yesterday, and their goalie (the plantanian :clap: ) was all that too.
I think they can on return leg but not at the final.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

mcal wrote:...will these young Ajax stars sustain this push?
They were relentless yesterday, and their goalie (the plantanian :clap: ) was all that too.
is he former player Jules Onana's son?

we have to give it to Cameroon...they produce quality keepers!
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Its simple! they glorify goalkeeping while we demonize it. Not looking far back:

Cameroon had Nkono and they glamourized him! Many young Cameroonians wanted to be him! Kameni came up and it was the same thing! They glamourized him too.

Nigeria. I remember as a young child in Benin City. No one wanted to be a goalkeeper. Agbonivbare was the benin goalkeeper in the super eagles and if you dared went in post during a street game, they will call you "Agbinobasket!" Then it was Baruwa! Even if you were as slim as toothpick, they will call you "fat" because they claimed Baruwa was fat! Then you had Enyeama! The one they called Enyeama-yama! Now, look at Uzoho! A small child of 20 years old! Look at the hatred and venom towards him for making 1 error, while you have Iwobi and other wingers like Musa, Simon etc who make mistakes 10 times every fame and no one says anything.

Since Okala, when have wee actually glamourized goalkeeping? We glamorize the number 10 position so much that every child wants to be "okocha!" I remember back in high school, I played as a right back. But My sliding tackles were legendary. Wingers used to change positons just to avoid running at me, as I could destroy you and the ball at the same time with one tackle! They started calling me "Taribo West." After I graduated, I heard of some junior students who were fighting to be defenders because they wanted to be the next Taribo West.

Uncle, until we start glamorizing positions, children will not want to play those positions or take those positions seriously.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cherries (1-0) Red Card Thugs

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

tfco wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ole the thief at the wheel. 5 losses in 7. Perception :taunt: :D
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

danfo driver wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Its simple! they glorify goalkeeping while we demonize it. Not looking far back:

Cameroon had Nkono and they glamourized him! Many young Cameroonians wanted to be him! Kameni came up and it was the same thing! They glamourized him too.

Nigeria. I remember as a young child in Benin City. No one wanted to be a goalkeeper. Agbonivbare was the benin goalkeeper in the super eagles and if you dared went in post during a street game, they will call you "Agbinobasket!" Then it was Baruwa! Even if you were as slim as toothpick, they will call you "fat" because they claimed Baruwa was fat! Then you had Enyeama! The one they called Enyeama-yama! Now, look at Uzoho! A small child of 20 years old! Look at the hatred and venom towards him for making 1 error, while you have Iwobi and other wingers like Musa, Simon etc who make mistakes 10 times every fame and no one says anything.

Since Okala, when have wee actually glamourized goalkeeping? We glamorize the number 10 position so much that every child wants to be "okocha!" I remember back in high school, I played as a right back. But My sliding tackles were legendary. Wingers used to change positons just to avoid running at me, as I could destroy you and the ball at the same time with one tackle! They started calling me "Taribo West." After I graduated, I heard of some junior students who were fighting to be defenders because they wanted to be the next Taribo West.

Uncle, until we start glamorizing positions, children will not want to play those positions or take those positions seriously.
Great points.
You're absolutely right.

After Okala, there really hasn't been a GK that has risen to legendary status in the eyes of Nigerians. Not Rufai, not Enyeama. We really should have a strategic policy towards grooming young kids into goalkeeping. However, it does seem esp recently that tall boys are beginning to fancy their chances in goalkeeping. As you've pointed out, back in the day, nobody wanted to 'keep. After 'choosing', those left standing had the option of 'keeping.

Meanwhile, you haven't exactly been respectful of our own Enyeama yourself, the GOAT. You got too caught up in the emotion of the 2018 WC build-up and said some pretty nasty things about him just to make your case.
Ara ẹ na ni'yẹn.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Kako
Egg
Egg

Post by Kako »

Damunk wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Great points.
You're absolutely right.

After Okala, there really hasn't been a GK that has risen to legendary status in the eyes of Nigerians. Not Rufai, not Enyeama. We really should have a strategic policy towards grooming young kids into goalkeeping. However, it does seem esp recently that tall boys are beginning to fancy their chances in goalkeeping. As you've pointed out, back in the day, nobody wanted to 'keep. After 'choosing', those left standing had the option of 'keeping.

Meanwhile, you haven't exactly been respectful of our own Enyeama yourself, the GOAT. You got too caught up in the emotion of the 2018 WC build-up and said some pretty nasty things about him just to make your case.
Ara ẹ na ni'yẹn.
Back in my hood (Aguda/Suru-Lere) na goalkeepers we dey choose first........
Ara lao mada o, ao ni daran.
Arambara!

Ohamadike of Ijebu Igbo in Biafra land

I am a cat face yorobber son of Afonja skull miner!
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Kako wrote:
Damunk wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Great points.
You're absolutely right.

Ara ẹ na ni'yẹn.
Aguda, Surulere na my old hood too. A very very long time ago
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Damunk wrote:
Ara ẹ na ni'yẹn.
I was one of the few who "fought" Ayo, when he called Enyeama - En-yama-yama!

I can support a player and push for his respect. But I will NEVER EVER support a person who wants to eat where he did not cook! That is why Nigeria is the bed of corruption that it is today. Unfortunately, you do not know me, so you simply do not understand how deeply I hate corruption and criminal behavior. If you wanted me to stand by and watch Enyeama and the people he bribed push him upon Nigerians, unjustly, then you had another thing coming! Never!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

danfo driver wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Ara ẹ na ni'yẹn.

I can support a player and push for his respect. But I will NEVER EVER support a person who wants to eat where he did not cook! That is why Nigeria is the bed of corruption that it is today. Unfortunately, you do not know me, so you simply do not understand how deeply I hate corruption and criminal behavior. If you wanted me to stand by and watch Enyeama and the people he bribed push him upon Nigerians, unjustly, then you had another thing coming! Never!
Thats nice to know.
You need to show your hand and join me more often in my RnR battles with forumers who are in near-total denial of non-govt corruption.
E be like you nor dey visit that side...
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

pajimoh wrote:
Kako wrote:
Damunk wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Great points.
You're absolutely right.

Ara ẹ na ni'yẹn.
Aguda, Surulere na my old hood too. A very very long time ago
We plenti.
Let's see.... Nnobi, Akpoguma, Oduduwa, Olayemi, Agboyin, Nuru Oniwo, Adetola, Shotayo Hughes.....memories. :dream: :dream: :dream:
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

pajimoh wrote:
tfco wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ole the thief at the wheel. 5 losses in 7. Perception :taunt: :D
New Stadium (0-1) At The Wheel

#perspective

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

dumb..and liver of lily

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Damunk wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Ara ẹ na ni'yẹn.

Thats nice to know.
You need to show your hand and join me more often in my RnR battles with forumers who are in near-total denial of non-govt corruption.
E be like you nor dey visit that side...
kai! I never enter rant and rave since 2006. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Una still dey there?! I remember the specific year because I posted one story in rant and rave in 2006 wey reach close to 20 pages in response. :rotf: :rotf:
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

3-horse race in Feb

Lily Livered are now 4th

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Back to 6th? eh!
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8