95% of Topics on the First Page of Cyber Eagles

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
95% of Topics on the First Page of Cyber Eagles

Post by 1naija »

.. have nothing to do with Nigeria Football. Even Allard, who is not Nigerian would not have allowed this. I never understood what people call colo mentality, but Lord Lugard would have been proud of you all.

Tufiakwa!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: 95% of Topics on the First Page of Cyber Eagles

Post by King Futcha »

I agree, lets change the subject

[/video]
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

That would be much better than the EPL and European league crap.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

1naija wrote:.. have nothing to do with Nigeria Football. Even Allard, who is not Nigerian would not have allowed this. I never understood what people call colo mentality, but Lord Lugard would have been proud of you all.

Tufiakwa!
This has more to do with the dire state of Naija football than "colo mentality"
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

And one month to the AFCON too.

Shame shame shame. Too many JB-less people on the forum. Bigpokey and Kongi are top of the list.
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

1naija wrote:.. have nothing to do with Nigeria Football. Even Allard, who is not Nigerian would not have allowed this. I never understood what people call colo mentality, but Lord Lugard would have been proud of you all.

Tufiakwa!
In total agreement. I hereby move that a forum be created strictly for the EPL and European Leagues. The Eagles Nest should be only for Nigerian football related items, and as the name imples, for the Eagles...the Super Eagles, Flying Eagles and other national teams.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

In agreement with your motion.
This has become absolutely ridiculous!
Obong wrote:

Tufiakwa!
In total agreement. I hereby move that a forum be created strictly for the EPL and European Leagues. The Eagles Nest should be only for Nigerian football related items, and as the name imples, for the Eagles...the Super Eagles, Flying Eagles and other national teams.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Obong wrote:

Tufiakwa!
That's guaranteed to kill the SE section of EN. Nigeria in all our various age related teams are not active enough to sustain a healthy, vibrant conversation.
You people should be careful what you ask for.
When was the last time most of you contributed to the Nigerian league thread?

You should be glad the pages are being refreshed regularly. Try going to Ghanaweb
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

How much Nigerian football as occurred over the last 48?
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Obong wrote:
Bad idea!!!!
Very terrible idea!!!

Let's say I want to make a case for Mikel Obi's inclusion to SE
I will have to bring up his tier-2 performance with Middlesborough
This will generate a discussion about the tier-2 opposition he faced etc
Will this be allowed?
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

kalani JR wrote:How much Nigerian football as occurred over the last 48?
Over the last 48 seconds, these have happened:
61’ Abia Warriors 2 - 0 FC Ifeanyi Ubah
54’ Lobi Stars 0 - 0 Bendel
57’ Nasarawa United 0 - 0 Kano Pillars
Half Time: Remo Stars 0 - 0 Sunshine Stars
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

pajimoh,

You do not need Nigerian football to occur daily for the website to be sustained. There was rarely anything about EPL and other Euro Leagues when this website began back in 1994 or thereabouts but yet it was sustainable. What is now happening on this site is what is happening in Nigeria where EPL has overrun local football.

IMHO, calling this site Eagles Nest is a travesty because it might be more appropriately titled global soccer. It has little to do with Nigeria's Super Eagles, or Nigerian football for that matter. IMHO, soon we will be overtaken by other sites discussing strictly Nigerian football. As of the moment, several WhatsApp groups have begun to emerge to do this. It is only a matter of time. Several contributors/members have left because of this EPL focus. Some, as far as I know, are contributing regularly on Nigerian football in emerging WhatsApp Groups.

We once had a niche but sadly that niche has disappeared. That is a fact.
pajimoh wrote:
Obong wrote:

Tufiakwa!
That's guaranteed to kill the SE section of EN. Nigeria in all our various age related teams are not active enough to sustain a healthy, vibrant conversation.

You should be glad the pages are being refreshed regularly. Try going to Ghanaweb
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

pajimoh wrote:
Obong wrote:

Tufiakwa!

I would even move for banning European football discussion, period. I guarantee you, you will still come back here. It's not like you got a gaddem job! :taunt:
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

E2, members leave for various reasons and members join. Others could also leave if the site is not vibrant enough. There are times, even with Europian football when the site is very dull and it takes minutes for someone to contribute to a thread.
Niche don't always remain a niche. This is the age of blogging and web news.
Don't think your attempt at trying to create a niche will have desired results

Enugu II wrote:pajimoh,

You do not need Nigerian football to occur daily for the website to be sustained. There was rarely anything about EPL and other Euro Leagues when this website began back in 1994 or thereabouts but yet it was sustainable. What is now happening on this site is what is happening in Nigeria where EPL has overrun local football.

IMHO, calling this site Eagles Nest is a travesty because it might be more appropriately titled global soccer. It has little to do with Nigeria's Super Eagles, or Nigerian football for that matter. IMHO, soon we will be overtaken by other sites discussing strictly Nigerian football. As of the moment, several WhatsApp groups have begun to emerge to do this. It is only a matter of time. Several contributors/members have left because of this EPL focus. Some, as far as I know, are contributing regularly on Nigerian football in emerging WhatsApp Groups.

pajimoh wrote:
Obong wrote:

Tufiakwa!

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Its a disgrace and I've being saying the same for a while. We use to have mods that were actually Ngerian footbal fans but now its all about the EPL. It's getting boring, i think we'll see a mass exodus from this site once a more credible niaja site opens up.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

pajimoh wrote:E2, members leave for various reasons and members join. Others could also leave if the site is not vibrant enough. There are times, even with Europian football when the site is very dull and it takes minutes for someone to contribute to a thread.
Oga Jimoh
Are you well? :shock:
You sound very rational today
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

PaJimoh,

It will be okay if people leave because the discourse is on Nigerian football and yet considered non-vibrant. I will take that any day over someone leaving because this site is considered unfocused on Nigerian football. There is a difference. The difference is of topic focus.
pajimoh wrote:E2, members leave for various reasons and members join. Others could also leave if the site is not vibrant enough. There are times, even with Europian football when the site is very dull and it takes minutes for someone to contribute to a thread.

pajimoh wrote:
Obong wrote:

Tufiakwa!

Last edited by Enugu II on Thu May 09, 2019 5:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Rawlings wrote:
Oga Jimoh
If to say na the thing wetin I dey talk dey for ya head as well, abeg make I change my opinion quick :sneaky:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Rawlings wrote:
Oga Jimoh
We want u to leave us alone here and join ghanaweb for good.
OCCUPY NFF!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

pajimoh wrote:
Obong wrote:

Tufiakwa!

There is not a single sane member here that is here because he is able to discuss European Football. This is only in the minds of few EPL radicals here ... you know, the guys that do thanksgiving in church when their EPL team win.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

pajimoh wrote:
Rawlings wrote:
Oga Jimoh
If to say na the thing wetin I dey talk dey for ya head as well, abeg make I change my opinion quick :sneaky:
Abeg, stay on the rational wavelength for just today
It's a great place to be
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

I guess that's a call the mods have to make. Nigerian football cannot be strictly separated from world football. You'll add another complexity to moderating the site.
We talk about Ndidi, Kele and other European based Naija ballers, within the fusion of Nigeria and European football. Where will you draw the boundaries?
In any case, forum is about traffic and vibrancy and not about a closed group. You might well have text messages for that :tic:

Enugu II wrote:PaJimoh,

It will be good if they leave if the discourse is on Nigerian football and yet it is considered non-vibrant. I will take that any day than someone leaving if it is not considered focused on Nigerian football. There is a difference. The difference is one on topic focus.

pajimoh wrote:
Obong wrote:

Tufiakwa!

charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Speaking for myself, I come here, not because of the news, but to join the community of Nigerian and African football fans from around the world.

Truly alive communities create a life of their own. Any attempt to police or artificially affect this forum will destroy it.
If you try to filter football news from the Eagles Nest, you will kill this forum.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it