SIGN HERE IF YOU NO SEND THIS YEYE CL FINAL THIS SEASON...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: SIGN HERE IF YOU NO SEND THIS YEYE CL FINAL THIS SEASON.

Post by kajifu »

joplass wrote:
theYemster wrote:
Gooner1 wrote:
Skylolo wrote:What sort of nonsense is this, the new Europa league or something.. :boo:

Spurs v Liverpool final, no thanks. I will gladly go and do some gardening...... :curse: :curse:
....u can come and do mine as well while I watch the final :sneaky: ......don't hate.....this is what happens when u invest, keep your best players......
:)

Me, I send oh. Have to watch and hope Liverpool win cos the alternative is meh!!!
Hope? Spurs has no chance of beating Liverpool because in a real football match Liverpool is the better team by far, in the old EPL ugly style of football, Liverpool has the personnel to still beats lousy Spurs.
You guys never learn,same rubbish was spew here about Ajax already in the finals,how that work out?
Spurs was suppose have no chances beating City according to you guys and what happen?
Dude the best team don't always win on in a game,stop talking best team on paper.
Did you believe Liverpool will turn a 3-0 to win 4 goals when likes of Salah and their CF not available?
Some of you need to relax at this stage in the finals its 50-50
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

pajimoh wrote:Pipul sha. The more they want change the more they cry for the same thing. Some go complain say na the same teams dey win am. Others go complain say na yeye team dey final.
The rule is simple, aggregate win over two legs.

When Spurs lost to City, people complain say na luck. Dem forget say City lost the first leg.

Spurs come play Ajax, lost the first leg but still get presence of mind to keep attacking and eventually won the second leg. Guess what my brodas, yep people still complain.

Whether Spurs deserve to be in the final or not, that one no be tori. Na to reach Madrid and go play final be the tori.
For a team wey never buy one player, na God do am o. TGBATG
:clap: :clap: :clap: Congrats you guys did what people thought its impossible.I call it that Spurs will beat City and Ajax.
Congrats,let those who think spurs don't deserved the final keep talking and you guys will welcome the new stadium with Cl and they will complain.You guys have an elite coach,one of the best in the game.
At this stage I feel you guys stand a better chance of lifting the trophy consider Klopp team don't do w ell in finals,
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

joplass wrote:If every team start playing this Spurs type of football I will stop watching the game altogether. Kick the ball forward, one of your tall guys will head it left right forward and we will scramble for it and take a shot on goal. I thought the EPL was beyond such tactics. Then people on this board will complain about JM park the bus football. Spurs is a useless team. EPL teams like City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool are trying to play football but Spurs shows such an ugly display.
this your post is funny as heck :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

joplass wrote:If every team start playing this Spurs type of football I will stop watching the game altogether. Kick the ball forward, one of your tall guys will head it left right forward and we will scramble for it and take a shot on goal. I thought the EPL was beyond such tactics. Then people on this board will complain about JM park the bus football. Spurs is a useless team. EPL teams like City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool are trying to play football but Spurs shows such an ugly display.
Na bad belle dey worry you. Spurs play attractive football, one of the very few that does. However when you identify the weakness of your opposition, you exploit it. What's the point of having a striker like Llorente and not playing to his strengths? You also notice Spurs did not score any headers. Llorente's job was to destabilize their defence and he was very effective.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

:D
:D :taunt:
That used to be Enugu Rangers football in the days of Dan Anyiam. :D So I can't hate it too much, even though I hated it small back then. That's why I was such a big fan of Vasco Da Gama of Enugu, the original tika-taka team. :thumbs: But my guy, Spurs showed they have a big heart, and you got to admire that. Hopefully very few teams will want to copy them if they beat Liverpool, God forbid. :lol:
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

English team get money sha....... Liverpool at the only team out of the four English teams left in Europe that plays beautiful football.

Arsenal pretends to play beautiful football but they are terrible at the back!
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

It's the money, only the likes of PSG, Real, Bayern, and Juve can match them with money...however the 20 epl teams are capable of spending over 100 million pounds at least for players ...with such they have the buying power to attract top players stacking quality in all 20 clubs . This helps create a very competitive league week in week out. Whereas PSG , Barca and co don't experience such and only get to match quality at the later stages in the champs league...This season shows why the top 6 teams in the EPl all made it to at least the last 8 of all major European competitions..Today 4 of those teams will challenge for the. Est in Europe
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Pep Guardiola: Premier League is 'toughest' to win says Man City boss
May 5, 2019

Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola says that the Premier League "is the toughest league" to compete in as he bids to win back-to-back titles.

Pep Guardiola guided Manchester City to their third Premier League title last season. Can they become the first side since 2009 to retain the title? He won multiple league titles in Spain and Germany as a manager and will add a second Premier League title if City beat Leicester on Monday and Brighton next Sunday.

"For the quality from rivals, no doubts it's the toughest," he said.

"That's why being there [top] is incredible."

City and Liverpool have been locked in an incredible title fight all season, with both sides already amassing more points than 13-time winners Manchester United ever have in a 38-game Premier League season.

City won the league with 100 points last season, but before this campaign Liverpool's highest points-haul was 86, when they were runners-up in 2009.

Whoever finishes second this season will have the most points of any runner-up in the Premier League era.
"Only one will take the prize and the other one will be at home sad," said Guardiola, who said that winning this season would be one of his biggest achievements.

"Arriving at this stage, two games left with 92 points, after 100 points last season, that is the most satisfaction I've had as a manager. It's not easy, honestly, and the players did it again.

"I would not say that 100 points was bad and that we are not satisfied with what we did last season but, at the same time, we were seven points behind (earlier this season).
"You give credit for the titles and how huge our rival is. In my career as a manager, I played against incredible sides and there are two that were 'wow'.

"One is the Barcelona of Luis Enrique with Neymar, (Lionel) Messi and (Luis) Suarez in front. The other is this Liverpool. I think they're the best two sides I've faced as a manager."

Should City drop points against Leicester, Liverpool could win their first league title in 29 years against Wolves next Sunday.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48172002
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

joplass wrote:
theYemster wrote:
Gooner1 wrote:
Skylolo wrote:What sort of nonsense is this, the new Europa league or something.. :boo:

Spurs v Liverpool final, no thanks. I will gladly go and do some gardening...... :curse: :curse:
....u can come and do mine as well while I watch the final :sneaky: ......don't hate.....this is what happens when u invest, keep your best players......
:)

Me, I send oh. Have to watch and hope Liverpool win cos the alternative is meh!!!
Hope? Spurs has no chance of beating Liverpool because in a real football match Liverpool is the better team by far, in the old EPL ugly style of football, Liverpool has the personnel to still beats lousy Spurs.
They're in the final, they always have a chance.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

You have described Cameroon soccer bros. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Damunk wrote:
May 5, 2019

Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola says that the Premier League "is the toughest league" to compete in as he bids to win back-to-back titles.

Pep Guardiola guided Manchester City to their third Premier League title last season. Can they become the first side since 2009 to retain the title? He won multiple league titles in Spain and Germany as a manager and will add a second Premier League title if City beat Leicester on Monday and Brighton next Sunday.

City and Liverpool have been locked in an incredible title fight all season, with both sides already amassing more points than 13-time winners Manchester United ever have in a 38-game Premier League season.

City won the league with 100 points last season, but before this campaign Liverpool's highest points-haul was 86, when they were runners-up in 2009.

Whoever finishes second this season will have the most points of any runner-up in the Premier League era.
"Only one will take the prize and the other one will be at home sad," said Guardiola, who said that winning this season would be one of his biggest achievements.

"Arriving at this stage, two games left with 92 points, after 100 points last season, that is the most satisfaction I've had as a manager. It's not easy, honestly, and the players did it again.

"I would not say that 100 points was bad and that we are not satisfied with what we did last season but, at the same time, we were seven points behind (earlier this season).
"You give credit for the titles and how huge our rival is. In my career as a manager, I played against incredible sides and there are two that were 'wow'.

"One is the Barcelona of Luis Enrique with Neymar, (Lionel) Messi and (Luis) Suarez in front. The other is this Liverpool. I think they're the best two sides I've faced as a manager."

Should City drop points against Leicester, Liverpool could win their first league title in 29 years against Wolves next Sunday.

Toughest of the leagues he's coached in, yes. La Liga is a two horse race, Bundesliga a one horse race, EPL there's more competition at the top.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

theYemster wrote: Toughest of the leagues he's coached in, yes. La Liga is a two horse race, Bundesliga a one horse race, EPL there's more competition at the top.
This season the EPL was a two horse race. Last season it was a one horse race. Every season since the EPL was formed it was always b/w 2 teams, usually Manure and one other. Now Manure are out of the picture, it is either Chelsea or City against one other.
http://www.naijiant.com/
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

cic old boy wrote:
theYemster wrote: Toughest of the leagues he's coached in, yes. La Liga is a two horse race, Bundesliga a one horse race, EPL there's more competition at the top.
This season the EPL was a two horse race. Last season it was a one horse race. Every season since the EPL was formed it was always b/w 2 teams, usually Manure and one other. Now Manure are out of the picture, it is either Chelsea or City against one other.
I meant any of four/five teams can win the EPL though maybe not always in the same season. However year in year out it's the same two teams in Spain and only Bayern in Germany (and to lesser extent Juve in Italy).

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

theYemster wrote: I meant any of four/five teams can win the EPL though maybe not always in the same season. However year in year out it's the same two teams in Spain and only Bayern in Germany (and to lesser extent Juve in Italy).
You can say 4/5 have won the league maybe in the past 10 years or so. But that's the same in Germany or Spain. In the 2000s, Bremen, Wolfsburg, Stuttgart, Dortmund and Bayern have won the Bundesliga. In Spain Valencia and Atleti have interrupted the duopoly.
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

ohsee wrote:Nna, I dey kanpe dey watch the game jor. This has been the best CL in recent memory. And I am sure the final will be a cracker. Stop hoping for your favorite team to be in the final and be a real footie guy. I hope Liverpool wins, but if it is a good game, I will tolerate a Spurs win. :taunt: :D

Barca did not deserve to be there, and neither did Real. And I say this as a Real supporter. Liverpool and Spurs have brought some real excitement to the game, and have shown that heart and desire matter in footie. Useless Uefalona :D :taunt: sorry, Barca thought that they had Abraham for their father, and therefore they would automatically inherit the final. God don show them say na lie. :D :taunt:
Wow! See Ohsee dropping Scriptural references o. The lead pastor of the Church of Totoology must be doing something right. :taunt: :taunt:
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

cic old boy wrote:
theYemster wrote: I meant any of four/five teams can win the EPL though maybe not always in the same season. However year in year out it's the same two teams in Spain and only Bayern in Germany (and to lesser extent Juve in Italy).
You can say 4/5 have won the league maybe in the past 10 years or so. But that's the same in Germany or Spain. In the 2000s, Bremen, Wolfsburg, Stuttgart, Dortmund and Bayern have won the Bundesliga. In Spain Valencia and Atleti have interrupted the duopoly.
Nah, four different teams have won the EPL in the past five years, and more importantly the been a revolving door of top three finishes. In Spain the same two teams have won for fifteen years and the same three teams have finished top in almost the same span.i just checked, the last time a team other than Real Madrid or Barcelona won the la Liga was 2004. Atletico has then finished third most of that time as well. I'm the last six years Bayern Munich has won the league every single time, sometimes by high double digits.

So, no, it's not the same.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

theYemster wrote: Nah, four different teams have won the EPL in the past five years, and more importantly the been a revolving door of top three finishes. In Spain the same two teams have won for fifteen years and the same three teams have finished top in almost the same span.i just checked, the last time a team other than Real Madrid or Barcelona won the la Liga was 2004. Atletico has then finished third most of that time as well. I'm the last six years Bayern Munich has won the league every single time, sometimes by high double digits.

3 teams have won the EPL in 5 years - City (2x), Chelsea (2x) and Leicester. Leicester was a fluke. In each of those years it was only 2 teams in the mix. Atleti won the league in 2014. You are now introducing a new measure of "revolving door of top three finishes". Atleti only started being a regular top 3/4 finisher under Simeone. Last season City won with double digits. This year, they have been matched by Liverpool, but both are above the rest by double digits.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

theYemster wrote:
Damunk wrote:
May 5, 2019

Toughest of the leagues he's coached in, yes. La Liga is a two horse race, Bundesliga a one horse race, EPL there's more competition at the top.
24 points separate second from third?
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

theDunamis wrote:
ohsee wrote:Nna, I dey kanpe dey watch the game jor. This has been the best CL in recent memory. And I am sure the final will be a cracker. Stop hoping for your favorite team to be in the final and be a real footie guy. I hope Liverpool wins, but if it is a good game, I will tolerate a Spurs win. :taunt: :D

Barca did not deserve to be there, and neither did Real. And I say this as a Real supporter. Liverpool and Spurs have brought some real excitement to the game, and have shown that heart and desire matter in footie. Useless Uefalona :D :taunt: sorry, Barca thought that they had Abraham for their father, and therefore they would automatically inherit the final. God don show them say na lie. :D :taunt:
Wow! See Ohsee dropping Scriptural references o. The lead pastor of the Church of Totoology must be doing something right. :taunt: :taunt:
:D :D
Look at this man! Even totologists look at the Bible now and then. :taunt:
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

cic old boy wrote:
theYemster wrote: Nah, four different teams have won the EPL in the past five years, and more importantly the been a revolving door of top three finishes. In Spain the same two teams have won for fifteen years and the same three teams have finished top in almost the same span.i just checked, the last time a team other than Real Madrid or Barcelona won the la Liga was 2004. Atletico has then finished third most of that time as well. I'm the last six years Bayern Munich has won the league every single time, sometimes by high double digits.

3 teams have won the EPL in 5 years - City (2x), Chelsea (2x) and Leicester. Leicester was a fluke. In each of those years it was only 2 teams in the mix. Atleti won the league in 2014. You are now introducing a new measure of "revolving door of top three finishes". Atleti only started being a regular top 3/4 finisher under Simeone. Last season City won with double digits. This year, they have been matched by Liverpool, but both are above the rest by double digits.
My point isn't that there's compete parity in the EPL, but that there's more competition at the top than in La Liga/Bundesliga. And yes competition doesn't just mean the eventual champions but also runners up.

At the start of the season if you are given a million bucks to stake on one team becoming the champions of one of those three leagues (La Liga, EPL, Bundesliga) and you get to keep the winnings or incur the loss, which team/league will you bet on?

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

theYemster wrote: My point isn't that there's compete parity in the EPL, but that there's more competition at the top than in La Liga/Bundesliga. And yes competition doesn't just mean the eventual champions but also runners up.

At the start of the season if you are given a million bucks to stake on one team becoming the champions of one of those three leagues (La Liga, EPL, Bundesliga) and you get to keep the winnings or incur the loss, which team/league will you bet on?
The "point" is that your definition of "competitive" keeps shifting. The fact from the past 10 years is that it is usually 2 teams contesting for the title in all those 3 leagues. Sometimes, like last season in England, one team runs away with it. Even the shitty Manure of Fergie's last season with the likes of Cleverly and Fletcher won the league with 11 points.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

The real deal wrote:First time I will be throwing up when CL final is being played
The BEST teams do not win CL anymore
When was the last time the BEST teams from their respective league won?
RMadrid was never the best in spain.
What you have these days are teams who MANAGE games, conserve ENERGY and take advantage of AWAY GOALS
What a shame!!
Tottenham and Liverpool conserved energy? Lol. This is what hating does to people.

These things go in cycles. Epl isn't your cup of tea (no problem) but they're the most competitive from 1 to 6 and with good explanation if you care to understand. Talent generally flows where money goes. From that perspective, the English league will be very competitive in European competition for quite a while.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

ohsee wrote:
The real deal wrote:First time I will be throwing up when CL final is being played
The BEST teams do not win CL anymore
When was the last time the BEST teams from their respective league won?
RMadrid was never the best in spain.
What you have these days are teams who MANAGE games, conserve ENERGY and take advantage of AWAY GOALS
What a shame!!
Chief, what is "BEST?" Do you mean that winners should be champions in their national league? If you want only league champions to win, you should go back to before 1996-1997, the last year only League champions played. The tournament has evolved, and in every knockout competition, there will be giant killers. By the way, you are wrong if you are talking about winners, and you are also wrong about Real from that perspective: they won La Liga in 2016-17 and won the Champs League that year. That's only two years ago. Before that in 2014-15 Barca won, and won La Liga. So your complaint must be about something else.
He's clearly a butt hurt barca fan.