A Thread dedicated to the EPL boo boys.

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: A Thread dedicated to the EPL boo boys.

Post by Cristao II »

oloye wrote:
Cristao II wrote:Welcome back, oloye. Hope all is well with you.
Thanks man mi, let me use this opportunity to say Congrats to you and all other Spurs fans, that was a miracle of immense proportion you pulled off. New stadium, no new signings and with your best player injured....i am so happy for what you guys did. You guys have managed to highlight an essential aspect of this game which the money miss road clubs have almost destroyed with the flush money. The aspect of good coaching, hard work, perseverance and making do with what you have.

Let me say thanks to your club, your coach and your wonderful players for restoring belief in the good old way. :clap: :clap: :clap: Now i am at a loss who i want to win between your team and Liverpool, I suppose as a neutral i just need to sit down and enjoy the final. The only problem is that my close cousin always cries to me during matches , he is a Spurs fan who believe i wave a magic wand with my analysis of the game. As soon as Spurs are not playing well he will call me on facebook messenger and start to moan and whinge drawing me into an emotional roller coaster i could do without, i nearly got a heart attack from the last game. I plan to shut him down in the final so i can enjoy the game :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thanks o!! The glory goes to God for using Pochettino and the players to deliver this.

Good idea. I think my wife may do similar to me. She was wondering why I am watching Spurs in the CL based on the emotional rollercoaster - the Man City game especially was MAD!! And then the Ajax one as well.. Now the Liverpool one - she is saying we will travel on that day ..
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Cristao II wrote:
oloye wrote:
Thanks man mi, let me use this opportunity to say Congrats to you and all other Spurs fans, that was a miracle of immense proportion you pulled off. New stadium, no new signings and with your best player injured....i am so happy for what you guys did. You guys have managed to highlight an essential aspect of this game which the money miss road clubs have almost destroyed with the flush money. The aspect of good coaching, hard work, perseverance and making do with what you have.

Let me say thanks to your club, your coach and your wonderful players for restoring belief in the good old way. :clap: :clap: :clap: Now i am at a loss who i want to win between your team and Liverpool, I suppose as a neutral i just need to sit down and enjoy the final. The only problem is that my close cousin always cries to me during matches , he is a Spurs fan who believe i wave a magic wand with my analysis of the game. As soon as Spurs are not playing well he will call me on facebook messenger and start to moan and whinge drawing me into an emotional roller coaster i could do without, i nearly got a heart attack from the last game. I plan to shut him down in the final so i can enjoy the game :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thanks o!! The glory goes to God for using Pochettino and the players to deliver this.

Good idea. I think my wife may do similar to me. She was wondering why I am watching Spurs in the CL based on the emotional rollercoaster - the Man City game especially was MAD!! And then the Ajax one as well.. Now the Liverpool one - she is saying we will travel on that day ..
Her concerns are legit.
E no easy, this game called football. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
What has not been mentioned often enough in this whole spectacle is how the Dutch fans applauded the Spurs victory on the final whistle.
Pure class. :clap: :clap: :clap:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

benteke wrote:We warned them that EPL is still getting it's act together and will soon be back.
It's not an overnight thing.

But the way Liverpool bullied and destroyed Barcelona, if EPL really starts to dominate CL from now on, then that may be remembered as the day when La Liga was given a very bloody nose and a forceful usurp of power was done :thumbs:
I agree Oloye that was scary what Liverpool did to Barcelona, few will fear Barcelona again
The day EPL starts dominating is when UEFA starts changing the rules, a lot of leagues are already complaining about the financial might of the EPL.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Mr. Piffington wrote:
benteke wrote:We warned them that EPL is still getting it's act together and will soon be back.

But the way Liverpool bullied and destroyed Barcelona, if EPL really starts to dominate CL from now on, then that may be remembered as the day when La Liga was given a very bloody nose and a forceful usurp of power was done :thumbs:
I agree Oloye that was scary what Liverpool did to Barcelona, few will fear Barcelona again
The day EPL starts dominating is when UEFA starts changing the rules, a lot of leagues are already complaining about the financial might of the EPL.
They have already started by rejecting Chelsea's appeal against a transfer ban.
I suspect Man City is next in their crosshairs with that Financial Fairplay issue.
The president of La Liga has already been crying to UEFA.
They will try all tricks, but it's inevitable.
Once Chelsea and United get back to their best then we will be talking of at least 4/5 genuine CL favourites every season.

And the good thing is all those excuses about lack of winter break no longer work, the clubs just needed to improve in many areas.
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

YUJAM wrote:Prem is better this year, no doubt. It’s been almost a decade since a Prem team won the Champs League. So it’s abt time. Europa championship have also been sparse.

Could write more abt reasons for this turnaround which includes the quality of coaches that have come to the league and the style of play they've brought with them such as goalies playing out of the back.

Anyway man must whack as my bros here like to say. Family and money matters call. I’ll be back for the ANC.

Spuds/Pool should be a great final. I’ll be watching it. :winking:
Good point the way the goalies participated in bringing the ball out from the back was a joy to watch! The English teams were practically pulling the opponents out of position and then launching an attack to exploit those spaces! We even saw Leicester do this against Mancity
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

Damunk wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
oloye wrote:

Her concerns are legit.
E no easy, this game called football. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
What has not been mentioned often enough in this whole spectacle is how the Dutch fans applauded the Spurs victory on the final whistle.
Pure class. :clap: :clap: :clap:
They applauded their own players for a good tournament, bros. No way in hell they'd applaud Spurs under that circumstance.
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

oloye wrote:
Damunk wrote:
oloye wrote:
kolinzo wrote:
oloye wrote:One thing that stood out so far in this European tournament is the superiority of the English clubs.. Wait for for it, not neccesarilly in the technical aspect of the game, but the fitness and physical side of the game. The quality of the coaches have pushed up their technical ability, but it still lags behind, but they have been able to make up for the deficit by their fitness level.

The English clubs have basically ground out results, watching Spurs grind those ajebutter from Amsterdam to submission was a delight. And watching Liverpool forcibly rape Barca in Broad daylight was a scary spectacle. Arsenal simply rolled over a rubbish Valencia team, gosh never saw a Spanish team so poor technically and physically. Chelsea met their match in the German team, but once again their fitness and physicality weathered the storm.

Congrats to the Premiership and all the WE disciples... Ehem where was I again?
I'm not sure how you win a tournament of this magnitude (UCL) with just fitness. What Liverpool did to Barca is beyond just being fit. The technical aspect was superior. The way they disrupted Barca's flow was nothing short of brilliance. Positioning was key in that game and they executed that to the T.

Tottenham vs Ajax was technical as well. You see Pochetino(sp) made changes to keep Ajax honest. That is technical! Diagonal long balls to Llorente (sp) was also technical and it effectively killed Ajax because their coach didn't adjust (or was just blind to see this).

At the end of the day, 11 men have to hustle to win and score the ball. You have to outwork your opponent to win a game. And, ultimately, you have to know how to put the ball into the net. The guy with the most goals wins! How you get there is up to you. But this year's EPL the UCL finals have been tactically drilled.
I am not sure I wrote that they won just by their physical fitness alone, I am sure I mentioned a number of factors, but no wahala, they say a lot is usually lost in transalation and humans tend to see only why they want to see. Baba Kolinzo just try to let people know that this is a line of argument you have pulled out in order to debate with yaself. :lol:
This is true.
Your post did appear to downplay the tactical and technical skills of the English teams in favour of their physicality - much in the same way they like to overstate our physicality and "athleticism" (as Africans) on the world stage even when we are dwarfed by opponents.
But its all good and your points as ever are well taken.
No I did not down play their technical ability. I stated clearly that the EPL clubs have improved in this area as a result of sound managers now plying their trade in the EPL, more are on the way. In Poch and Klopp, add Pep as well, the EPL boasts of some of the best managers in the business.
But the fact remains the teams still lags behind in this area in comparison to some of the countries who for years have laid strong emphasis on this aspect of the game. Ajax could easily have walked away if they did not succumb to youthful exuberance, and the physical fitness of Spurs, they simply could not handle the running of Moura nor the strength of Llorente.

Watching Aubemeyang and Lacazete run Valencia aground highlights this point. It does not downplay the technical ability of English teams, rather I am highlighting a part of their game which their competitors could not compete against.

I wrote a piece on the brilliance of Trent in the run up to Liverpool's 4th goal, that is technical acumen at the highest level on display, but it takes a certain level of fitness to still be so sharp and active to be able to deliver such a pass at such a dying minute of the game when fatigue has already taken its toll.

Players are lambasted for their mistakes and sloppiness people forget that these are signs of fatigue and even lack of fitness.

I did not watch.teams with only physical fitness in the last 72 hours, no I watched teams who demonstrated both technical and physical prowess, but I saw their limitations ad their strength, the level of fitness of the EPL teams is unbelievable and in the next couple of weeks when this is discussed it will come to the fore, take it or leave the English teams subdued their opponents in the aspect of fitness. Saying so does not downplay their technical ability, no it simply highlights where they hold the aces.

Watch clubs from the mainland begin to pay more attention to this aspect of the game.
Pa Oloye, we can agree to disagree. You can't say, on one hand, EPL teams have improved technically but still lag behind, and on the other hand say they are superior in fitness. This means that Barca technically better than Pools? Or that Ajax is technically better than Spurs? Your first post tends to suggest those two teams are/were technically better than the EPL teams. Your first post tends to praise the fitness aspect of Liverpoo/Tottenham over their technical dispaly.

Next year, when La Liga gets back to the top and EPL teams are performing below par, are we going to say EPL teams lag in technical department, and the only thing they are best at is fitness?

Each time an EPL team gets to the final people always praise their fitness and rubbish their techniques. This, to me, is an unbalanced take. Nobody has superiority over fitness when you compare the best teams in Europe (Real Madrid, Liverpool, Barca, Bayern, Athletico, Chelsea, Juve, Man City etc). Barca trashed Man U both home and away where was Man U fitness to help them? In fact, Ajax was more fit than Tottenham but naivety killed them (which is an aspect of 'technical' they should have worked on).

Anyway, no lele, Pa Oloye. Even I was gone for a long time but this UCL semis brought me back to soccer (didn't watch a full match until this point). Welcome back like me. :rotf:
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

GG of G wrote:
marko wrote:Liverpool full backs are probably the best full backs in Europe right now! they attack you from every position on the pitch, Barcelona did not know how to deal with it, i think the 3 nil 1st leg result was a bit flattering because Liverpool actually played well but was unlucky

Barcelona had a few chances as well but Liverpool made them play a game they were not used to, Barcelona dominate games, if you take this away from them, they are in trouble! Barcelona have put 10 players up for sale, they are not waisting time in rebuilding, should never have got rid of Neymar in the first place, Coutinho was a poor choice, I guess they can do a swap deal with PSG

Oloye, welcome back though!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :agree: :agree: :agree: That Alexander Arnold boy is from another planet, he is such a joy to watch. very smart defensively and arguably delivers the best cross on the planet at the moment. Dude is a beast.....Man of the Match for me by a mile
His corner for the Origi goal was everything combined in one, vision, skill, wit ( quick thinking ) etc etc ...barca reacted after ball don enter net :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
GG of G
Egg
Egg

Post by GG of G »

Siddonlook11 wrote:
GG of G wrote:
marko wrote:Liverpool full backs are probably the best full backs in Europe right now! they attack you from every position on the pitch, Barcelona did not know how to deal with it, i think the 3 nil 1st leg result was a bit flattering because Liverpool actually played well but was unlucky

Barcelona had a few chances as well but Liverpool made them play a game they were not used to, Barcelona dominate games, if you take this away from them, they are in trouble! Barcelona have put 10 players up for sale, they are not waisting time in rebuilding, should never have got rid of Neymar in the first place, Coutinho was a poor choice, I guess they can do a swap deal with PSG

Oloye, welcome back though!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :agree: :agree: :agree: That Alexander Arnold boy is from another planet, he is such a joy to watch. very smart defensively and arguably delivers the best cross on the planet at the moment. Dude is a beast.....Man of the Match for me by a mile
His corner for the Origi goal was everything combined in one, vision, skill, wit ( quick thinking ) etc etc ...barca reacted after ball don enter net :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :agree: :agree: :agree:
"Do not be Misled. God is not one to be mocked. Whatever a man is sowing, this he will also reap." Gal 6:7
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

And then the question of FIFA Ballon D'or.
Is this the year that it will be awarded to a player based in EPL.
What would be the reasons of giving it to Messi or someone else like Ronaldo or Mbappe.

And i assume the FIFA team of the year shall have all EPL and maybe kne or two from other leagues.
Will be interesting to see how it all turns out.
Chimurenga Rebel
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimurenga Rebel »

Some more pain is about to be dished out to our resident EPL boo boys.

Samora where you at?

Yujam?
"Just call me the Chimurenga Man. A guerilla. Soldier of peace.Man of the people. I write love poems with the barrel of my gun. For Africa always." - Japheth Ncube
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

Please if EPL teams have to dominate in Europe let's not have the type of game that was that final between Liverpool and Spurs. Ugliest display of football ever.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
Mankinka
Egg
Egg

Post by Mankinka »

Thread refreshed
Mankinka
Egg
Egg

Post by Mankinka »

Olympique Lyonnais waiting for you to do your thing
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

The beauty is that we will not be having any La Liga team in the Final for the second year running :thumbs:
Mankinka
Egg
Egg

Post by Mankinka »

Olympique Lyonnais doing the Lords work
lionga
Egg
Egg

Post by lionga »

:lol:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

HUMILIATED
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

lionga wrote: :lol:
Mbappe shouldn't be talking. They lost to United at home. City would flog PSG.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Cristao II wrote:
They caned the same Lyon team that beat a City five months ago, so if we're doing this math then PSG > Man City.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cristao II wrote:
Yet, United is in Europa League and City is on the plane home. But, the one in the Semi FInals should not be talking :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Typical english football fan. :oops:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Chimurenga Rebel
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimurenga Rebel »

More pain coming the way of the EPL boo boys. :taunt: :thumbs:
"Just call me the Chimurenga Man. A guerilla. Soldier of peace.Man of the people. I write love poems with the barrel of my gun. For Africa always." - Japheth Ncube
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Mr. Piffington wrote:

Super League plan has be tried and failed

EPL all the way :thumbs: