2018/2019 Spurs Season: PL: 4th; LC: SM; FAC: 4RD; CL: Final

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2018/2019 Spurs Season: [PL] TOT vs EVE [WK 38]

Post by Its a Goal »

Llorente with a free header but couldn't get it into the back of the net.

City score again to more or less wrap up the title.

ARSEnal score again. They need to keep on scoring until the moon turns blue.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Burnley pulls one back. It's Bunley 1, ARSEnal 2.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Gaddem. Walcrap of all people :curse:.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Come on Spurs. Come on Leicester.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Oh boy. Cenk.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

City score again.

Freekick for Spurs outside the 18.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Finally Eriksen score a freekick.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

ARSEnal fans crying after hearing about the equalizer. They need to score 8 more and hope Everton score the winner.

Skipp and Janssen coming on for Lamela and Llorente.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Spurs playing with fire again at the back.

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

14 league loses smh
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Come on you Spurs. Get the goal that wins the game.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Janssen is not doing anything.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Time is running out for the ARSEs. They need to score 8 goals quickly.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

We don't do draws so find the winning goal within the 2 minutes of added time given.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

And so it ends. Top 4 and final of the CL. Well done boys :clap: :clap: :clap:.

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Spurs, the only club that can conspire to finish 4th in a 3 horse title race. Tufiakwa!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Finished 4th. Disgusted by the final day result. In first half Dele was stupid and Pochettino rightly benched him only for some others to do same. We had a chance to finish 3rd.

End of season Top 4 and CL final. Looking at the circumstances it was a good season in the CL but a poor 2H of the season 10 points from the last 36 points. Relegation form.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cristao II wrote:Finished 4th. Disgusted by the final day result. In first half Dele was stupid and Pochettino rightly benched him only for some others to do same. We had a chance to finish 3rd.

End of season Top 4 and CL final. Looking at the circumstances it was a good season in the CL but a poor 2H of the season 10 points from the last 36 points. Relegation form.
The curse on those who insult their parents is deep.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]Cristao II[/color] wrote: Finished 4th. Disgusted by the final day result. In first half Dele was stupid and Pochettino rightly benched him only for some others to do same. We had a chance to finish 3rd.

Sometimes I wonder if you complain for the sake of it. What we have achieved this season is nothing more than a miracle. If before the start of the season I had told you that Poch won't buy any players, will sell off Dembele in January, and Harry Kane will be absent for key parts of the season yet we will finish top 4 and be in the CL final, you would have either told me to stop smoking weed or gladly have given your right arm for it. We have done extremely well considering the circumstances and you singling out individual players for criticism is not doing the team justice.

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/2 ... s-message/

A message to supporters from our Chairman, Daniel Levy, ahead of the final game of the season against Everton at the new stadium this afternoon, as published in today’s official matchday programme.

Dear Supporter,
What a journey it continues to be!

We are near the end of a season that will live long in our memories for so very many reasons. Moments we could only dream of that have now become reality. We started the season back at Wembley while we overcame delays to our new home. A period that also saw us host a domestic cup game at Milton Keynes. Mauricio, his coaching staff and the players simply got on with the task in hand and were ultimate professionals. They have my total respect.

Six weeks ago we came home after a long and difficult journey. None of us will ever forget that emotional night here against Crystal Palace, when Premier League football returned to N17 as we opened the doors and turnstiles of our amazing new stadium. Today we have our last Premier League match of the season and the opportunity to end our home campaign on a high with a win which could elevate us to third place in the Premier League.

Securing a top four spot to give us Champions League football for a fourth successive season is in itself something of which to be immensely proud. But today is not our last game of the campaign. Heroic performances against Emirates Marketing Project and Ajax have taken us to a Champions League Final. Even before the incredible events of Wednesday night in Amsterdam, this campaign has been one of the most epic in the Club’s history.

I am delighted for Mauricio and the team – it is so well deserved and evidence of the truly amazing spirit we have within this squad. I hope they realise the total joy and exhilaration they have given us fans. We are so proud of them all. To reach the final against Liverpool on 1 June is something we have all achieved together. Everyone contributes to a team – staff, players, management and fans. No one person can do this alone, it’s the strength of everyone pulling together in the same direction which brings success and I thank each and every one who is part of this team including the millions of our fans around the world.

We dare to dream and we want nothing more than to bring the Champions League Trophy to North London. It’s been unbelievable and now it’s time to believe.

After all... To Dare is to Do.

COYS!

Daniel
Last edited by Cristao II on Sun May 12, 2019 7:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]Cristao II[/color] wrote: Finished 4th. Disgusted by the final day result. In first half Dele was stupid and Pochettino rightly benched him only for some others to do same. We had a chance to finish 3rd.

Sometimes I wonder if you complain for the sake of it. What we have achieved this season is nothing more than a miracle. If before the start of the season I had told you that Poch won't buy any players, will sell off Dembele in January, and Harry Kane will be absent for key parts of the season yet we will finish top 4 and be in the CL final, you would have either told me to stop smoking weed or gladly have given your right arm for it. We have done extremely well considering the circumstances and you singling out individual players for criticism is not doing the team justice.
Different standards. If we had focused today and been a bit more serious - we would have gotten 3rd today. I am glad we got CL but I am also sad that Chelsea finished above us. Bittersweet.

As I said different standards. Search for Pochettino and an article in the Guardian about the players at the start of the season. Dont be surprised if certain players move on. Their heads are no longer here.

My marks at the end of the season

Pochettino - 9.5/10, Levy - 9/10, Squad - 7/10 (Special mention to Sissoko, Son, Lloris, Vertonghen - if not for them amount would be lower)

Champions League performance - 11/10
Carling Cup performance - 8/10
FA Cup - 6.5/10
Premier League: 1st half - 9/10, 2nd half - 4/10

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Its a Goal wrote:

You know Cristao is a cryer! :rotf: :rotf: He just cries and cries and cries. :lol:
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Malcom, will he be a good fit?