Ozowafor to Galatasaray

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Ozowafor to Galatasaray

Post by ANC »

Rawlings wrote:
Obong wrote:Does Ghana score from corners? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Remember when Gyan put one past the SE?
want the video?

yes
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

ANC wrote:
Rawlings wrote:
Obong wrote:Does Ghana score from corners? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Remember when Gyan put one past the SE?
want the video?

yes
Actually, there is more than one.
1) 1992 January 23 Ghana 2 Nigeria 1 African Nations Cup
Check Ghana's first goal scored by Prince Polly(2:21)

2) 2010 AFCON: Ghana 1-0 Nigeria
Time: 1:12

want more?
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Have no idea why you had high hopes for that guy. He had the pace of a snail and the turning speed of a cruise liner. His primary attribute is that he is very big.
Damunk wrote:Hope he doesn't turn into another Egwueke in whom I personally had high hopes.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

wiseone wrote:Have no idea why you had high hopes for that guy. He had the pace of a snail and the turning speed of a cruise liner. His primary attribute is that he is very big.
Damunk wrote:Hope he doesn't turn into another Egwueke in whom I personally had high hopes.
I was obviously mistaken but at the time he looked quite skillful as well as physically imposing.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Obong wrote:

You really had high hopes in Egwueke? He always looked clumsy and unsure to me. This Ozornwafor guy, however, is the real deal. I can see why there is excitement at his prospects.
Na so o.
I think at the time, many of us were taken in by Egwueke and Oboabona.
Turns out neither was particularly exceptional and quickly faded away
Over recent years there has been lots of hype about many players that have fallen off the radar:
Egwueke
Oboabona
Juwon Oshaniwa
Mba
Odunlami
Musa Yahaya
Akeem Latifu
Abiola Dauda
Chikatara

Football no easy o.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

At this level 90% of football is mental/in the brain.

Of those you listed only Mba, Yahaya, and Chikatara came anywhere close to "hype". Juwon was a known bomb scare from his debut. At the 2014 WC he put in one of the most atrocious substitute cameos I have ever seen from an international player.

Damunk wrote:
Obong wrote:

You really had high hopes in Egwueke? He always looked clumsy and unsure to me. This Ozornwafor guy, however, is the real deal. I can see why there is excitement at his prospects.
Na so o.
Over recent years there has been lots of hype about many players that have fallen off the radar:
Egwueke
Oboabona
Juwon Oshaniwa
Mba
Odunlami
Musa Yahaya
Akeem Latifu
Abiola Dauda
Chikatara

Football no easy o.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

wiseone wrote:At this level 90% of football is mental/in the brain.

Of those you listed only Mba, Yahaya, and Chikatara came anywhere close to "hype". Juwon was a known bomb scare from his debut. At the 2014 WC he put in one of the most atrocious substitute cameos I have ever seen from an international player.

Damunk wrote:
Obong wrote:

Na so o.
Egwueke
Oboabona
Juwon Oshaniwa
Mba
Odunlami
Musa Yahaya
Akeem Latifu
Abiola Dauda
Chikatara

Football no easy o.
Juwon played all 4 games at that WC o, he was ok. Maybe you are thinking of Uzoenyi?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Chief, Oboabona got his fair share of hype, even here on CE.
Then I remember I kept reading about this 'Odunlami' guy, again here n CE, and I had to check him out.
Solowe was a one-man hype machine for Abiola Dauda and he was somehow able to get us all talking about him.

Damunk wrote:
Obong wrote:

Na so o.
Egwueke
Oboabona
Juwon Oshaniwa
Mba
Odunlami
Musa Yahaya
Akeem Latifu
Abiola Dauda
Chikatara

Football no easy o.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Damunk wrote:Chief, Oboabona got his fair share of hype, even here on CE.
Then I remember I kept reading about this 'Odunlami' guy, again here n CE, and I had to check him out.
Solowe was a one-man hype machine for Abiola Dauda and he was somehow able to get us all talking about him.

Damunk wrote:
Obong wrote:

Na so o.
Egwueke
Oboabona
Juwon Oshaniwa
Mba
Odunlami
Musa Yahaya
Akeem Latifu
Abiola Dauda
Chikatara

Football no easy o.
But Mba was hype and he scored 3 ( three ) Meta ..crucial goals that gave us the nations cup ? ...there was an Italian like that o ..una remember the guy name ? Salvatore Schillaci ...was he hype too ? na question I ask o :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Siddonlook11 wrote:
Damunk wrote:Chief, Oboabona got his fair share of hype, even here on CE.

Damunk wrote:
Obong wrote:

Na so o.
Egwueke
Oboabona
Juwon Oshaniwa
Mba
Odunlami
Musa Yahaya
Akeem Latifu
Abiola Dauda
Chikatara

Football no easy o.
But Mba was hype and he scored 3 ( three ) Meta ..crucial goals that gave us the nations cup ? ...there was an Italian like that o ..una remember the guy name ? Salvatore Schillaci ...was he hype too ? na question I ask o :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Yeah I remember Schillachi. From nowhere he became WC top scorer just like that.

Anyway, my point is that football is non-forgiving. One day you are on top of the world, next day you can be nothing.
I remember Mba would well up in tears months after when recalling the goal that seemed at the time was going to change his life forever. You could see how emotional he was when recalling that trophy-winning moment.
But it never really happened for him...
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

I was definitely referring to Juwon. I try not to think of Uzoenyi.
maceo4 wrote: Juwon played all 4 games at that WC o, he was ok. Maybe you are thinking of Uzoenyi?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

wiseone wrote:I was definitely referring to Juwon. I try not to think of Uzoenyi.
maceo4 wrote: Juwon played all 4 games at that WC o, he was ok. Maybe you are thinking of Uzoenyi?
But he never came in as a sub, Echiejile got injured in the USA friendly just before the WC and Juwon had to be the starter...and he was ok, the right side leaked way more than his side did in all our games, he played safe ‘do not spoil’ ball
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Any updates on Ozornwafor's transfer to Galatasaray?
I am happy