Chris HUGHTON Sacked (Leon BALOGUN!!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet
Chris HUGHTON Sacked (Leon BALOGUN!!

Post by Senator WIRES »

Chris Hughton has been sacked as manager of Brighton and Hove Albion despite the club avoiding relegation from the Premier League.

The club confirmed on Monday morning that Hughton leaves the Amex Stadium with immediate effect, along with his assistant Paul Trollope and first-team coach Paul Nevin.

Hughton's final match in charge was the 4-1 home defeat to Manchester City on Sunday, which confirmed Pep Guardiola's men as Premier League champions.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... scape.html

"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
peron33uk
Egg
Egg
Re: Chris HUGHTON Sacked (Leon BALOGUN!!

Post by peron33uk »

Senator WIRES wrote:
Chris Hughton has been sacked as manager of Brighton and Hove Albion despite the club avoiding relegation from the Premier League.

The club confirmed on Monday morning that Hughton leaves the Amex Stadium with immediate effect, along with his assistant Paul Trollope and first-team coach Paul Nevin.

Hughton's final match in charge was the 4-1 home defeat to Manchester City on Sunday, which confirmed Pep Guardiola's men as Premier League champions.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... scape.html

Interesting sha!!! After he helped them get promotion to the PL and the stay up.

Anyway, make we dey watch.
When someone tells me "God bless you", I ask the question, which God?

God - is just a title as there are many (All false).
I do not want to receive blessings from any other but from YHVH. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob(Israel), He is my God.
heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

What exactly are you trying to say with your thread title?? Is Leon Balogun sacked as well?
YNWA
Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Senator WIRES »

heavyd wrote:What exactly are you trying to say with your thread title?? Is Leon Balogun sacked as well?
You no know say. this nah season of anti-EPL, :woot: you have to justify why this news is on the front page :lol: :lol:
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Senator WIRES wrote:
heavyd wrote:What exactly are you trying to say with your thread title?? Is Leon Balogun sacked as well?
You no know say. this nah season of anti-EPL, :woot: you have to justify why this news is on the front page :lol: :lol:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I feel you!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

I hope they get relegated next season.
http://www.naijiant.com/
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

.....that's harsh
.....had that been a waste pipe coach like Alan Pardew, they would have given him a raise for staying up in the EPL :roll:
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
Ebyboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Ebyboy »

Newcastle did the same thing to him. He is the Shuaibu Amodu (God rest
his soul) of English football.

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

If you are even a slightly ambitious team, then its hard to persist with Houghton and his miserable percentage football...
A sacking thoroughly deserved....
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...hope he gets another better gig. Sometimes a good coach is disappointed by his players.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

This same Brighton, led by Houghton, got a draw at Arsenal to give the club hopes of staying up.

Anyway, it's the way management works nowadays. It's all about what you did for me yesterday/today.

He will get another gig soon.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

balo wrote:This same Brighton, led by Houghton, got a draw at Arsenal to give the club hopes of staying up.

Anyway, it's the way management works nowadays. It's all about what you did for me yesterday/today.

I admire your positivity and your “pro-black ‘we are all one, I support you soul brother.’” But you and I both know that this is highly unlikely.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

cic old boy wrote:I hope they get relegated next season.
Poisoned chalice, West Bromwich didn’t get relegated. Instead it was Ole who went into relegation form. Isn’t it apparent that those you deride, rise, while those you love fall deep into the gutter? :lol: I expect Brighton to now do very well next season. please release your poisonous fangs from Houghton abeg. Smh
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Damunk wrote:
Senator WIRES wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I feel you!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

rafflick
Egg
Egg

Post by rafflick »

Amen!
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

rafflick wrote:
Amen!
Amen to what?
sometimes you people just follow blindly; next you'll be screaming racism

have you been monitoring BHA recently? See how their form has dipped from last season

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Senator WIRES wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Omo wereh! :lol: You betta go back to your room and siddon dia jejely before attendants come grab you, put you for that white jacket wey you no like. :lol:
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Racism, simple and clear.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

It was a difficult season for Houghton and BHA. He'll get another gig. I pray Balogun gets a manager that will give him more playing time.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

YUJAM wrote:Racism, simple and clear.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

That didn't take long!
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

YUJAM wrote:Racism, simple and clear.
Please stop it
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

danfo driver wrote:
balo wrote:This same Brighton, led by Houghton, got a draw at Arsenal to give the club hopes of staying up.

I admire your positivity and your “pro-black ‘we are all one, I support you soul brother.’” But you and I both know that this is highly unlikely.

There will be some struggling Championship team that will come calling.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

The right move, he'll find himself employed soon enough. Celtic?