[MUFC] Ole Gunnar Solksjaer (Mar 28, 2019)...

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: [MUFC] Ole Gunnar Solksjaer (Mar 28, 2019)...

Post by Bigpokey24 »

:rotf:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

wiseone wrote:Good grief. This is dire. Ole's record as interim and permanent manager is a stark contrast:

*First 17 games: only 1 defeat, 28 goals scored, 11 goals conceded, 7 clean sheets

*Last 12 games: only 2 victories, 8 goals scored, 22 goals conceded, 0 clean sheets
who to blame here? The mental attitude of some players can be called into question, to reward mediocrity, OGS stuck to the same English players, were they his best or? well i am glad its over, lets see what united is made of now, the players will be going on a well deserved vacation, some have said their good byes, if i was Pogba, i will engineer my move away, i feel very sorry for him playing amongst bang average players, if they can make him stay, just get 2 solid midfielders around him, its not rocket science
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Coach wrote:The Beeb already asking the question, “what United missed out on”. #pochentino
Poch ain't sh*t. They lost 13 games this season, 27 points behind City and 26 behind Liverpool, and shouldn't have made top 4 if the others weren't so crap. Fluking your way to the CL final is what it is - a fluke. I don't rate the guy and Spuds - play nothing but gra-gra football with the occasional sprinkling of imagination from Eriksen.
http://www.naijiant.com/
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

wiseone wrote:Good grief. This is dire. Ole's record as interim and permanent manager is a stark contrast:

*First 17 games: only 1 defeat, 28 goals scored, 11 goals conceded, 7 clean sheets

*Last 12 games: only 2 victories, 8 goals scored, 22 goals conceded, 0 clean sheets
WE need to leave the club.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Why such a stark contrast. What could be behind this decline that coincided with being announced as permanent manager.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

benteke wrote:

Why such a stark contrast. What could be behind this decline that coincided with being announced as permanent manager.
The injury crisis during the 1st PSG game, when all the players started dropping especially Herrera, they never recovered, they did not have the legs to play the high pressing game OGS wanted to play, they were too comfortable playing under Mourinho play deep, counter attack, dont think his appintment had anything to do with the decline, maybe they are just average players who flatter to deceive

we have 3 strikers and Pogba a midfielder is the top scorer, says a lot really, Rashford, Lingard, Lukaku and Martial are too inconsistent, Rashford was given all the opportunities and could not deliver

who gets all the blame? Pogba of course, he clashed with some fans yesterday, they told him to leave the club, he just applauded them and left the pitch

There will be scapegoats, conviniently Pogba, Martial will be the fall guys, If i were these 2, they should try and look to leave the set up, it no longer resembles a football club we all grew to admire, Pogba is 26, getting to the peak of his career, he should not be playing in Europa football, clearly deserves better, the club will try and hold on to its prized commercial asset, end of the day, he is filling the pockets of these investors
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

benteke wrote:

player contracts

stalling on DDG's contract, meanwhile renewing Phil Jones, Smalling, Rash, Young with no fuss
It is definitely a homegrown vs foreigner issue (well, Martial being the exception)

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

You are on point here Marko. The high point of Ole's reign was the 3-1 victory against PSG away. However people forget that in that game, Man Utd were in the midst of a massive injury crisis and were down to the bare bones. They started the game with a midfield of Pereira, Dalot, McTominay, and Fred, and finished the game with Mason Greenwood and Tahith Chong on the pitch....in a massive Champions League game - away!

It was unrealistic to expect them to keep getting results like that given the massive injury crisis. The poor run of form:

(a) coincided with the energetic Herrera's absence from the team; and

(b) meant that out of form (Sanchez, Young, Martial, Matic) and tired (Rashford) players could not be dropped or rotated and thus were persevered with.

There was also an utter lack of balls and commitment from the players. Pogba's failure to track Josh Murphy yesterday was a case in point. From a throw in, Murphy ran past him, and Pogba just stood still, and did not even bother to chase Murphy or run back to help, and just stood like a statue and watched Murphy cross the ball for Mendez-Laing to put Cardiff 2-0 up. That was a criminal lack of effort and professionalism. Like I said when Man Utd signed Pogba 3 years ago: "Man Utd paid 90 million for a player that is still a work in progress".

That might be why fans abused him yesterday:
marko wrote:
benteke wrote:

The injury crisis during the 1st PSG game, when all the players started dropping especially Herrera, they never recovered, they did not have the legs to play the high pressing game OGS wanted to play, they were too comfortable playing under Mourinho play deep, counter attack, dont think his appintment had anything to do with the decline, maybe they are just average players who flatter to deceive

we have 3 strikers and Pogba a midfielder is the top scorer, says a lot really, Rashford, Lingard, Lukaku and Martial are too inconsistent, Rashford was given all the opportunities and could not deliver

who gets all the blame? Pogba of course, he clashed with some fans yesterday, they told him to leave the club, he just applauded them and left the pitch

There will be scapegoats, conviniently Pogba, Martial will be the fall guys, If i were these 2, they should try and look to leave the set up, it no longer resembles a football club we all grew to admire, Pogba is 26, getting to the peak of his career, he should not be playing in Europa football, clearly deserves better, the club will try and hold on to its prized commercial asset, end of the day, he is filling the pockets of these investors
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

wiseone wrote:You are on point here Marko. The high point of Ole's reign was the 3-1 victory against PSG away. However people forget that in that game, Man Utd were in the midst of a massive injury crisis and were down to the bare bones. They started the game with a midfield of Pereira, Dalot, McTominay, and Fred, and finished the game with Mason Greenwood and Tahith Chong on the pitch....in a massive Champions League game - away!

It was unrealistic to expect them to keep getting results like that given the massive injury crisis. The poor run of form:

(b) meant that out of form (Sanchez, Young, Martial, Matic) and tired (Rashford) players could not be dropped or rotated and thus were persevered with.

There was also an utter lack of balls and commitment from the players. Pogba's failure to track Josh Murphy yesterday was a case in point. From a throw in, Murphy ran past him, and Pogba just stood still, and did not even bother to chase Murphy or run back to help, and just stood like a statue and watched Murphy cross the ball for Mendez-Laing to put Cardiff 2-0 up. That was a criminal lack of effort and professionalism. Like I said when Man Utd signed Pogba 3 years ago: "Man Utd paid 90 million for a player that is still a work in progress".

marko wrote:
benteke wrote:

our defence should have covered Pogba for his lapses, they did not, sure Pogba played his part but our shite defence did not help either

Its home grown versus Foreigners, Rashford whose decision making is highly suspect gets no criticism at all from the fans, Lingard the same, the fans have bought into the media narrative surrounding Pogba, he really needs to ask himself if it is worth all the hassle, he is 26, will be playing in another Europa competition, he should engineer a move away as it seems the board are intent on destroying united

Marko
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

True. Mike Smalling was woefully out of position too. Cardiff had a throw in on the left flank of Man Utd's team and Smalling (a CD) was standing beside the touchline instead of being in the box! Then McTominay showed why he is not a CD as he came out to challenge for (but failed to reach) the ball, missed it, and Murphy was in - ganging up on poor Dalot who was left alone in the box to mark deal with Murphy and Mendez-Laing. Can you imagine - the opposition has an attacking throw in far up the pitch, and Man Utd had only 1 defender inside their penalty area! :shock: 3 mistakes in 2 seconds by Pogba, Smalling, and McTominay.
marko wrote: our defence should have covered Pogba for his lapses, they did not, sure Pogba played his part but our shite defence did not help either

Its home grown versus Foreigners, Rashford whose decision making is highly suspect gets no criticism at all from the fans, Lingard the same, the fans have bought into the media narrative surrounding Pogba, he really needs to ask himself if it is worth all the hassle, he is 26, will be playing in another Europa competition, he should engineer a move away as it seems the board are intent on destroying united
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Paul Not De Bruyne. Zinedine Ze Pog. Twitterati, any clips of King Kev suffering the same? Prominence and the melanocyte perhaps.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

cic old boy wrote:
Coach wrote:The Beeb already asking the question, “what United missed out on”. #pochentino
Poch ain't sh*t. They lost 13 games this season, 27 points behind City and 26 behind Liverpool, and shouldn't have made top 4 if the others weren't so crap. Fluking your way to the CL final is what it is - a fluke. I don't rate the guy and Spuds - play nothing but gra-gra football with the occasional sprinkling of imagination from Eriksen.

Wait, you are expecting a guy who had 0 transfer budget in a full year. Who, in January, lost one of his best CM - Dembele and did not replace him. Who lost Kane and Alli and Deir to injuries, and lost Kane to another injury again. And then lost Winks to an injury, even when others were out? You are expecting him to actually compete?

Dont also forget that most of the players he has brought in are players from small teams who have no knowledge of winning.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

danfo driver wrote:
cic old boy wrote:

Wait, you are expecting a guy who had 0 transfer budget in a full year. Who, in January, lost one of his best CM - Dembele and did not replace him. Who lost Kane and Alli and Deir to injuries, and lost Kane to another injury again. And then lost Winks to an injury, even when others were out? You are expecting him to actually compete?

Dont also forget that most of the players he has brought in are players from small teams who have no knowledge of winning.
Poch is a brilliant manager, it is no default they find themselves in champions league final, believe, it was no mistake

Marko
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

danfo driver wrote:

You don't always need to buy new players. Some clubs have thrived despite a transfer ban. You lose Dembele and you have Wanyama, Sissoko and Dier. I doubt if they would have got to the CL final if Kane was playing. They have players used to winning - Lloris is captain of the world champs, Sanchez, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Eriksen from Ajax, etc. It is the coach that is not used to winning. I don't honestly know what the fuss is about Poch.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

cic old boy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

You don't always need to buy new players. Some clubs have thrived despite a transfer ban. You lose Dembele and you have Wanyama, Sissoko and Dier. I doubt if they would have got to the CL final if Kane was playing. They have players used to winning - Lloris is captain of the world champs, Sanchez, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Eriksen from Ajax, etc. It is the coach that is not used to winning. I don't honestly know what the fuss is about Poch.
Dier had long-term injured. So, Sissoko and Wanyama for multiple tournaments.

And I agree that Poch is not used to winning. he will have to learn how to win.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

wiseone wrote:You are on point here Marko. The high point of Ole's reign was the 3-1 victory against PSG away. However people forget that in that game, Man Utd were in the midst of a massive injury crisis and were down to the bare bones. They started the game with a midfield of Pereira, Dalot, McTominay, and Fred, and finished the game with Mason Greenwood and Tahith Chong on the pitch....in a massive Champions League game - away!

marko wrote:
benteke wrote:

pathetic i tell you, I must commend Pogs for remaining calm, I doubt if that was contona , if that fan go get liver yarn..Pogs , Chelsea will welcome you with open arms
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

I wonder if that fan would have been brave enough to abuse Roy Keane if he was standing that close...

Bigpokey24 wrote: pathetic i tell you, I must commend Pogs for remaining calm, I doubt if that was contona , if that fan go get liver yarn..Pogs , Chelsea will welcome you with open arms
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

wiseone wrote:I wonder if that fan would have been brave enough to abuse Roy Keane if he was standing that close...

Bigpokey24 wrote: pathetic i tell you, I must commend Pogs for remaining calm, I doubt if that was contona , if that fan go get liver yarn..Pogs , Chelsea will welcome you with open arms
These fans look at the totally biased British media attitude towards Pogba which bears on jealousy and envy, how many of them have 34 million followers?

yes Pogba has not been brilliant by no means, during Mourinho reign, he played more deep which took away his goal scoring side to his game, it was under OGS that he started to show the player we all knew he was, 15 goals in all competitions and plenty assists, if you add his contribution to our goals, the stats are more higher

you dont see the same media pick on Lingard, rashford, Young, Jones or Smalling even though they are as inept as it comes, who do they pick on? martial and Pogba, can you see a trait here?

Some illiterates fans who cant decide for themselves jump on the bandwagon forgetting this individual has played in champion league finals with Juventus, won a world cup, that he cant perform with united is an indictment on the entire set up!

If i was Pogba, i will engineer a move away from old Trafford, then lets see how Mctomminay who i hear OGS wants to build the team around has the technical know how to pick up a pass! he is just another average player been over hyped by the same media!

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

dear marko

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

tfco wrote:dear marko
Glazer favourite player i hear! so there you go, move Martial to the number 9 spot, that is our deadly finisher, better than Lukaku/ Rashford put together
I hear Real Madrid have put in an offer for Pogba, united will accept a bid of 150M, united can do with that money right now, they can buy 2-3 solid midfielders, not big stars, just effective players, the likes of Ndidi, rabiot and someone else

https://metro.co.uk/2019/05/14/ole-gunn ... n-9501799/

Typical English Bias! Rashford has been crap for the past 3 months, no mention??

Marko
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

watched Evra and Gary Neville interview yesterday, quite interesting, you can watch it on Youtube, he has been Pogba mentor for such a long time and defended him with proven stats, he stated how comes its possible for Pogba to be united top scorer when you have Rashford, martial, Lukaku and Lingard? in any other club, if a midfielder gets 15 goals and 11 assists, they will be feted by the media, so why not Pogba? even the likes of KDB of City cannot boast these figures

Now i hear Barcelona are planning a 130M bid, not too sure what club will suit Pogba between Barca and Real Madrid, i think real Madrid will suit him better, not saying he cannot play in the Barca set up, at least his assist record will be phenomenal as Messi and Suarez are not wasteful in front of goal like our Rashford and Lukaku, I juts want him to leave united due to media intrusion and those crap pundits, yes he will get criticised in Spain if he does not perform, not on the levels of the UK media¨

Playing with other top professionals, he will always thrive, A world cup winner like him should not be playing in the Europa league, he is 26 and reaching the prime of his career, Ronaldo left united for the same reasons, he thought united could not compete after getting beaten by Barcelona, seems he made the right choice, 5 champion league titles!

Marko
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@CIC P-o-p-p-a, no info for the, D-E-A, Pogba buffed up his figures doing the Andy Johnson. As for the, would the fan have done the same to Roy Keane, how often was Keano found admiring the clean set of heals presented by an already relegated Cardiff stormtrooper sprinting past? Zinedine ZePog was supposed to carry United to the next level, United’s Yaya or Vieira, instead he finished third on Strictly Come Dancing. Bruno Torlioni, possibly misspelt, “sevennnnnnnnn!!!!”. Why? For the same reason Denzel had to be crooked before he took it, why?