Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by wiseone »

If none of Ole, Jose, LVG, Moyes was the answer, who TF is then? Yoda?! We are talking about coaches who have won 11 league titles, and 3 Champions League trophies between them.

At some point we may have to reconcile ourselves to the fact that not even CL winning coaches can figure out to win titles when they are presented with the option of picking Ashley Young to mark Messi.
The YeyeMan wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:United should have kept Jose
Nah, he was deservedly sacked. Ole wasn't the answer though.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Ole is a fking houseboy.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

wiseone wrote:If none of Ole, Jose, LVG, Moyes was the answer, who TF is then? Yoda?! We are talking about coaches who have won 11 league titles, and 3 Champions League trophies between them.

At some point we may have to reconcile ourselves to the fact that not even CL winning coaches can figure out to win titles when they are presented with the option of picking Ashley Young to mark Messi.
The YeyeMan wrote:
Especially Van Gaal and Mourinho deserve a huge apology from Manchester United fans who mocked and ridiculed them.

Seriously though.

Now they are starting to turn against Ole.

Ed Woodward I think his main problem is that he respects United fans knee jerk opinions too much and media chatter.
When they cried for Van Gaal to go and The Special One brought in, he obliged.
When the United faithful got fed up with Jose, he obliged again.
And he tends to buy players to appease fans, he doesn't hesitate to pay huge monies.

When fans started saying give Ole the job, he obliged.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

you forgot to add the following:

when the fans said United did not need CB IN JANUARY BECAUSE OF THE "NEW MANAGER BOUNCE," HE OBLIGED. :lol:
benteke wrote:
wiseone wrote:If none of Ole, Jose, LVG, Moyes was the answer, who TF is then? Yoda?! We are talking about coaches who have won 11 league titles, and 3 Champions League trophies between them.

The YeyeMan wrote:
Especially Van Gaal and Mourinho deserve a huge apology from Manchester United fans who mocked and ridiculed them.

Seriously though.

Now they are starting to turn against Ole.

Ed Woodward I think his main problem is that he respects United fans knee jerk opinions too much and media chatter.
When they cried for Van Gaal to go and The Special One brought in, he obliged.
When the United faithful got fed up with Jose, he obliged again.
And he tends to buy players to appease fans, he doesn't hesitate to pay huge monies.

When fans started saying give Ole the job, he obliged.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

The YeyeMan wrote:
They should not have employed Jose in the first instance considering his experience with Chelsea and Real Madrid. Jose wants players who want to leave it ALL on the field. The modern they players are more concerned about their hairstyle than the football.

Having hired him they should have SUPPORTED him. Jose knew that the 2nd position last season flattered them! He knew the gap between them and City was huge. He wanted an upgrade but he was not supported. Yes they made some BAD buys but who does not. City splashed huge money on a GK and replaced him almost immediately. It sent a message to the players that if you dont perform we will get a replacement. City went for Mahrez and made him a bench warmer. Gabriel Jesus became a squad player. That's how loaded they are in every position.

Moyes would have done better than OLE! OLE is not thinking of challenging for the title. They are now like Arsenal fighting for the top 4 trophy!

Fans like Marko did not help. They ignored the problem and focused on JM. JM is gone and the problem is now starring them in the face! You cannot blame him again.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

danfo driver wrote:
Coach wrote:No guarantee Mourinho would’ve maintained the 19 point deficit. As decorated as Jose’s career may be, the frankmost matter of fact remains, he lost the dressing room, as grand and stone set as that may be. Ole’s appointment was laughable and will conclude with his stepping down, but for spectacular serendipity. Ole's at the wheel, zigzagging down a dual carriageway, with broken brake lights.

Cardiff warned ya’.
Prove it! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Don’t need to and United clearly didn’t believe it was within his capabilities...sacked.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

To be honest, i wish we did not have the distraction of Europa league as this means more money in the pocket of the Glazers, dependent on who wins the FA cup this weekend, United might have to play a pre-qualification, will not be too sure the players will be focused for that, they might lose that, that will be pretty good

for those who say sacking Morinho was a mistake, absolutely not, Mourinho was shite! after spending close to 400 million pound, we could only pass the ball backwards, sorry good riddance, LVG has more of a case than Mourinho

The issue is bigger than the coaches, i said when OGS wa splaying well, we did not need any new player during the transfer window, i stand by this, no doubt that player will be blamed in the media for all our woes especially if they are foreign

It is what it is, 400 million down the drain, thanks to Mourinho for bad buys, funny enough, we could mount a challenge next season if all the club resources are put at OGS disposal, football is a funny old game, we could be 5-6 players from playing fantastic football next season

For this to happen, at least 10 players need to be shown the door, Herrera, Valencia, darmian, Rojo, Mata are leaving anyway if you add Lukaku, Jones, Young, Sanchez, Lingard, thats 10 players

we do not need any world class player, we will not get them, they will not come to united in its present state to be ridiculed when things go bad, just go for functioning type players like Ndidi, Maddison, there are loads in the league, proven players

That 200 million OGS was promised might actually work, they could get raise another 30-60 by selling Jones, Young, Lukaku, Lingard

It is not all doom and gloom, we just need to see action, if by August, there is little transfer activity, united will not finish top 10 next season!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

wanaj0 wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
They should not have employed Jose in the first instance considering his experience with Chelsea and Real Madrid. Jose wants players who want to leave it ALL on the field. The modern they players are more concerned about their hairstyle than the football.

Having hired him they should have SUPPORTED him. Jose knew that the 2nd position last season flattered them! He knew the gap between them and City was huge. He wanted an upgrade but he was not supported. Yes they made some BAD buys but who does not. City splashed huge money on a GK and replaced him almost immediately. It sent a message to the players that if you dont perform we will get a replacement. City went for Mahrez and made him a bench warmer. Gabriel Jesus became a squad player. That's how loaded they are in every position.

Moyes would have done better than OLE! OLE is not thinking of challenging for the title. They are now like Arsenal fighting for the top 4 trophy!

Fans like Marko did not help. They ignored the problem and focused on JM. JM is gone and the problem is now starring them in the face! You cannot blame him again.
Thank you.
And in the process they made the players believe they are more important than any manager, so they are never under any pressure to perform.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

benteke wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:

Thank you.
And in the process they made the players believe they are more important than any manager, so they are never under any pressure to perform.
all players have to perform, one thing you cant perform to is bizarre football tactics like playing Matic in defence after spending close to 400 million! where do you draw inspiration from?

you watch City and Liverpool play another brand of football and you wonder what planet Mourinho comes from?

At the same time, both teams have a good structure on ground to compliment the coaches, Man united failed on many grounds, coaching was one, management was another

If they dont get it right going into next season, i shudder to think where they will end up, if i was OGS and seriously, he better have that meeting with the board and tell them some home truths about his squad and he should be ready to quit if they disagree with him

They will throw him under the bus without thinking twice
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

wanaj0 wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:

Not about bad buys, it was more playing style that left more to be desired, if you spend close to 400 million, one will expect at least the decency to make 3 to 4 passes! one will not expect to find Matic playing in defence or Mctomminay, that was why he was not supported as he could not be trusted with money, period!

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

The YeyeMan wrote:
these 2 missing the point...anyway you do not follow United, so.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Since SAF retired, there are 4 ways of looking at things:

1) Man Utd have failed to qualify for the CL in 4 out of 6 seasons (i.e. 66% of the time).

2) They have won 3 trophies (FA Cup, League Cup, and Europa League).

3) Jose won the FA Cup and Europa League in his first season, then finished second in the EPL, got the team into the CL, and reached the FA cup final in his second season. With that record, should he have been sacked?

4) LVG was sacked the same day he won the clubs first trophy since SAF's retirement, and had an excellent track record against big teams. He won (away!) at Man City, Liverpool, and Arsenal. He was also (almost recklessly!) brave about putting youngsters in the first team and gave debuts to Rashford, Lingard, Fosu-Mensah, McNair, and Borthwick-Jackson.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

wiseone wrote:Since SAF retired, there are 4 ways of looking at things:

1) Man Utd have failed to qualify for the CL in 4 out of 6 seasons (i.e. 66% of the time).

3) Jose won the FA Cup and Europa League in his first season, then finished second in the EPL, got the team into the CL, and reached the FA cup final in his second season. With that record, should he have been sacked?

4) LVG was sacked the same day he won the clubs first trophy since SAF's retirement, and had an excellent track record against big teams. He won (away!) at Man City, Liverpool, and Arsenal. He was also (almost recklessly!) brave about putting youngsters in the first team and gave debuts to Rashford, Lingard, Fosu-Mensah, McNair, and Borthwick-Jackson.
man united are the real Madrid of the premiership, no patience at all, the only coach that had a case was LVG, the rest deserved to be sacked

Marko
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

tfco wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Yup! Thats why I am laughing at Coach who stupidly answered his own question, without even knowing it. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:
wiseone wrote:Since SAF retired, there are 4 ways of looking at things:

man united are the real Madrid of the premiership, no patience at all, the only coach that had a case was LVG, the rest deserved to be sacked
are you MAD? RM had 3 coaches in 1 season
do you think RM would tolerate Young, Jones, Smalling, Shaw in a defensive set up?

one day you will see that finishing 2nd with this team (+FA Cup Final) was a remarkable achievement....but knowing you, you will refuse to admit

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

United DNA
awoof money ready to be chopped...make Fletcher go chop some

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

E no go better for Woodward! :rotf: :rotf: wicked man! if I didnt know better, i would think he had the direct instruction to destroy United. :lol: :lol: However, I know better and I know that this is a leader who is afraid to have people question his authority and wants "yes men," around him. :rotf:
tfco wrote::clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

United DNA
awoof money ready to be chopped...make Fletcher go chop some

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

A squad being built around Rashy, Jonah et al, talented players like Pogba and De Gea being sold, deadwood like Smalling, Young, Lingard staying, I reckon Ole will be gone before Xmas and we'll start the merrygoround again with a new manager who gives all the deadwood time to prove themselves, which they won't. Manager will come under pressure as a result, board won't trust him with money to make signings, deadwood survive and manager gets the chop. God, football has broken me :rolleyes::lol:
http://www.redcafe.net/threads/expectat ... 263/page-8

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: the pain is real
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

tfco wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
LOL. There isn't any point to United at the moment. Your club has been going nowhere all season thanks to a finished coach (Mourinho), a mediocre coach (Ole At The Wheel), and crap over-paid players. You'll do well to finish in the top ten next season.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Danfo, far from stupidity brethren, no doubt the myriad mathematical minds at Man United will have punched coefficients into various formulae and carried out their logistic regressions. The conclusion, unanimous, the probability that Mourinho was going to escape from the mess he made, slim next to none.

Twas beyond a face off with Paul Pogba, Mourinho was fired, sacked, dismissed for the same reason most managers are, results, form and all in between. There is no requirement for proof Jose would’ve turned it around, your opinion in this regard, is as useless as my own. To the men that mattered, Mourinho was inept, incompetent and incapable of delivering expectation and even more so, reversing the rot. Sacked.

If only they’d brought in ‘arry.
Last edited by Coach on Tue May 14, 2019 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

marko wrote:
benteke wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:

Thank you.
all players have to perform, one thing you cant perform to is bizarre football tactics like playing Matic in defence after spending close to 400 million! where do you draw inspiration from?

you watch City and Liverpool play another brand of football and you wonder what planet Mourinho comes from?

At the same time, both teams have a good structure on ground to compliment the coaches, Man united failed on many grounds, coaching was one, management was another

If they dont get it right going into next season, i shudder to think where they will end up, if i was OGS and seriously, he better have that meeting with the board and tell them some home truths about his squad and he should be ready to quit if they disagree with him

They will throw him under the bus without thinking twice
Perhaps one thing is to stop thinking you know more than the manager.. Victor Wanyama has played in CD for Spurs as part of a tactical switch.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Darren Fletcher, old boy typical English network! like i said, there is too much money in the premiership, united are making a killing in the market, thanks to the likes of Pogba selling shirts by the dozen, the board could careless what happens on the pitch, they only make noise when their commercial interests are threatened, Mourinho was sacked due to him benching Pogba in crucial games like Liverpool, a game watched by billions worldwide, fans want to see Pogba play and Mourinho had the audacity to drop him lol! to the marketing man, that is a sin!!!

Now they plan to get rid of him or? do they keep him or sell him and give real Madrid almost 34 million social media followers? right now United cannot attract any global superstars without paying Sanchez type of wages, Rashford only managed to score less than 11 goals in 1 season for a so-called top striker, Lukaku only scored 12, i think united needs to ditch the superstar model and just go back to basics and build a solid team that can compete

If by selling Pogba to Madrid and DeGea can raise another 200 Million plus, then add that to the 200 million promised to OGS, thats 400 million, get rid of the dead wood, at least 10 of them, they have more than enough to get decent players that dont cost ar arm and a leg, United could start playing decent football once again

Marko
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Marko, granted there was an issue of style and fit, but such argument could be applied to Mourinho too, did he not see his square peg before the round hole? The board wanted someone to compete, someone capable of bringing it back to “their” Manchester. Mourinho’s track record put him at the top of that list. He came. He saw. He collected his P45. The dream pairing was more nightmarish than a manicured Frederick Kruger milly bopping on Elm Street.

What is a, for the purpose of argument, “Mourinho” player after all? What is any manager’s player? Is this an innate or inspired quality?