Simy Nwankwo has signed a new contract with Crotone

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Paveman
Egg
Egg
Simy Nwankwo has signed a new contract with Crotone

Post by Paveman »

He has signed until 2022, with a rescission clause of 10 million.
He was going to be out-of-contract in June.

I find this decision a bit strange as he had plenty of interest from better clubs, but I suspect he has had a very good increase in wages.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Simy Nwankwo has signed a new contract with Crotone

Post by Eaglezbeak »

They invested in him so they are obviously not going to let his contract run down and arch him leave for free,they will probably sell him if the price is right but under the new terms!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Eaglezbeak wrote:They invested in him so they are obviously not going to let his contract run down and arch him leave for free,they will probably sell him if the price is right but under the new terms!
Who cares if Crotone did not want to let him leave for free?

Once he is out of contract next month, he could have negotiated with any club that was interested and without the burden of a transfer fee the new club could pay him much higher wages (or signing bonus). Accordingly, as Paveman guessed, it's likely that he received a substantial wage increase at Crotone.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Paveman
Egg
Egg

Post by Paveman »

10 million rescission clause is not too high so perhaps the deal was that if a club came with that money Simy would leave. Still, it leaves me a bit perplexed. Having said that, money and ambition is not the sole mover for every player. At times, being respected and not having to uproot the family can play very important roles. The latter reasons are often underestimated by journos and fans alike and can play a big part in a player's decision making.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Gotti wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:They invested in him so they are obviously not going to let his contract run down and arch him leave for free,they will probably sell him if the price is right but under the new terms!
Who cares if Crotone did not want to let him leave for free?

Once he is out of contract next month, he could have negotiated with any club that was interested and without the burden of a transfer fee the new club could pay him much higher wages (or signing bonus). Accordingly, as Paveman guessed, it's likely that he received a substantial wage increase at Crotone.
For some reason he and his handlers care, the fans don't put food on his table, Crotone finished mid table avoiding the relegation playoff and missing out on the promotion playoffs so it benefits him to wait for better suiters and it benefits Crotone to keep him as probably aim for promotion!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Eaglezbeak wrote: For some reason he and his handlers care, the fans don't put food on his table, Crotone finished mid table avoiding the relegation playoff and missing out on the promotion playoffs so it benefits him to wait for better suiters and it benefits Crotone to keep him as probably aim for promotion!
Nope! Should not be a primary consideration (if/when he's out of contract)...
The primary consideration should be his career and his family, not what "benefits" Crotone.

He's not a slave, and in your OWN job, reasonably certain that if/when you get an opportunity for career advancement or security, your primary consideration would not be 'what's "best" for my employer'?
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Paveman wrote:He has signed until 2022, with a rescission clause of 10 million.
He was going to be out-of-contract in June.

I find this decision a bit strange as he had plenty of interest from better clubs, but I suspect he has had a very good increase in wages.
The decision is sound if u ignore all the fake news about interest from "better" clubs.
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Gotti wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote: For some reason he and his handlers care, the fans don't put food on his table, Crotone finished mid table avoiding the relegation playoff and missing out on the promotion playoffs so it benefits him to wait for better suiters and it benefits Crotone to keep him as probably aim for promotion!
Nope! Should not be a primary consideration (if/when he's out of contract)...
The primary consideration should be his career and his family, not what "benefits" Crotone.

He's not a slave, and in your OWN job, reasonably certain that if/when you get an opportunity for career advancement or security, your primary consideration would not be 'what's "best" for my employer'?
Who wants to officially buy him at present?Signing a new contract doesn't mean he will never leave Crotone until its duration is up,if he is consistent it will lead to more interest from clubs that are willing to sign him!
Is there any prof that the likes of Juventus,Inter and Milan etc want him ?If big clubs want him they will not be put off because it's not as if Crotone slapped an unreasonable price tag on him!
What are his options?You are acting like you know what else is going on in Simy's life,rumours in football don't always materialise.I'm sure he's not naive (or his agents) enough to let Crotone make him play for free!When he joins a new club they too would want to benefit his services as he would want to benefit from them,he can't run from his employers wanting to benefit from him!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Eaglezbeak wrote: Who wants to officially buy him at present?Signing a new contract doesn't mean he will never leave Crotone until its duration is up,if he is consistent it will lead to more interest from clubs that are willing to sign him!
Is there any prof that the likes of Juventus,Inter and Milan etc want him ?If big clubs want him they will not be put off because it's not as if Crotone slapped an unreasonable price tag on him!
What are his options?You are acting like you know what else is going on in Simy's life,rumours in football don't always materialise.I'm sure he's not naive (or his agents) enough to let Crotone make him play for free!When he joins a new club they too would want to benefit his services as he would want to benefit from them,he can't run from his employers wanting to benefit from him!
Gotti wrote:Who cares if Crotone did not want to let him leave for free?

Nobody said that Europe’s biggest clubs were after his signature...
All I said was that the criteria of acting in the best interest of Crotone rather his own was balderdash! And it is!
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Gotti wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote: Who wants to officially buy him at present?Signing a new contract doesn't mean he will never leave Crotone until its duration is up,if he is consistent it will lead to more interest from clubs that are willing to sign him!
Gotti wrote:Who cares if Crotone did not want to let him leave for free?

Nobody said that Europe’s biggest clubs were after his signature...
All I said was that the criteria of acting in the best interest of Crotone rather his own was balderdash! And it is!
He and his agents both parties (player/agent and the club) should have agreed on terms that benefit he and the club,it's not slavery if he signs a contract better than he'll get anywhere else,like I said no employer will employ you without wanting to benefit from you but of cause you need to get what you want from them,even Messi can't ask for a joint bank account with Barcelona football club + the highest wage in the club!
We don't know the terms of his deal so I was stating the obvious Crotone did what ever they could to benefit from him,I didn't state whether I agreed or not as I don't even know the terms!