SE Afcon 2019 provisional list

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: SE Afcon 2019 provisional list

Post by ANC »

Ighalo should just retire.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

john12 wrote:Rohr na correct guy. No unkwown names, all players deservedly listed, no agents list. Now, it’s time for players to show their character
Musa has scored seven goals in 25 games in a backwater league. Are you satisfied with this return?

I'm curious. :D
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

ANC wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
ANC wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:i will not drop Kele if i am the coach

why drop him?
there are many here shouting to have kele dropped

opps I am sorry, I didnt read your post well. Personally, if I had to drop players (pre-camp), I would drop Ighalo and Moses before I touch Kelechi.
I Kpom your comments..... taking Ighalo is a wasted spot
as is the selection of Akpeyi . In the history of the national team waste-pipes and dead Wood always seem to get selected eg we saw this in with continued selection of Makinwa, Olofinjana, Eguavon, Benedict Akwugebu, Furo, Sodje, Afolabi aka Robocop, Shittu, d#$% Etuhu to mention a few
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

ANC wrote:Ighalo should just retire.
I expect he and Mikel will retire after this. Certainly Mikel.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

mojojojo wrote:What an uneven team selection?

Just 4 midfielders!!

And none of the midfielders are 100% creative midfielders.

A lot of the assists will have to come from wing play.

It has worked so far, but I would really like to have an attacking midfielder in case things do not work out tactically.

That is why I respect Keshi so much. He always selected players based on their role and not club profile.

Sunday Mba was chosen for the ANC because he was the best AM we had despite being a local player.

Why can't we search for the best AM of Nigerian origin from whatever league and put him in the team.
Iwobi is nominally a forward - I don' think he'll be deployed as a forward.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

Last last Uzoho will do them in a must win game unless he is not the starter. I like that Idowu is not there but feel Onazi's presence will be missed.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

mojojojo wrote:.

That is why I respect Keshi so much. He always selected players based on their role and not club profile.

Sunday Mba was chosen for the ANC because he was the best AM we had despite being a local player.

Why can't we search for the best AM of Nigerian origin from whatever league and put him in the team.

Come again ?

Keshi only chose players based on his marketing scheme.

Mba was not an AM. He was more of a forward, he was a one hit wonder who later fell to his level in the second and third divisions of low leagues.

He was even woeful against Tahiti.

I agree with you though that Rohr should be more pro active in looking for an AM.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

oscar52 wrote:Last last Uzoho will do them in a must win game unless he is not the starter. I like that Idowu is not there but feel Onazi's presence will be missed.

Only by you
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

No real surprises, overall I give the list an 8 out of 10. A very good squad, but with a little more insight from Rohr it could have been even better.

My thoughts

Goalkeepers: Akpeyi has no business as a SE, and Rohr should have included a fresh face, be it a homebased keeper or one of the rising youth keepers in Europe.

Defenders: Centre backs are spot on, as far as wingbacks, Rohr should have been more pro active. Only Aina and Collins inspire confidence. What happened to Odubajo ? Abdullahi is useless, but Rohr likes him for some unknown reason. I would look into playing Simon as a RB

Midfield: I welcome Mikel's return, but Rohr should have chosen at least one more proper midfielder. And John Ogu is a waste of a spot. Would have preferred Azuibikwe, Kinglsey Michael, Igboun, Mikel Agu. Any injuries to key midfielders and we are in trouble.

Attackers: Spot on for the most part. Surprised at Iheanacho's inclusion but I guess Rohr wants to monitor him up close, which isn't a bad thing I guess.

Will Onyekuru be counted as a striker or wide forward ? Perhaps his ability to play both will seal his spot on team

Iheanacho, Onuachu, Oshimen, Ighalo all battling for 2 spots IMO, maybe 3.

Would have liked to see Okereke in the mix.

Up to me I will drop the following 2 players

Iheanacho, Awaziem

Nacho is rusty and we are covered with enough CB's. Ajayi and even Ogu can play there.

With the abundance of forwards I would seriously look into playing Simon as a RB and then moving Aina to LB

Akpeyi
Uzoho
Ezenwa

Aina
Collins
Abdullahi
Omeruo
Troost
Balogun
Ajayi

Mikel
Etebo
Ndidi
Iwobi
Ogu

Ighalo
Oshimen
Onyekuru
Musa
Chukwueze
Kalu
Onuachu
Simon

My Starting 11

********************************************UZOHO**************************************************

SIMON*************************TROOST******************OMERUO**********************************AINA

**********************************MIKEL************NDIDI********************************************

*******************************************IWOBI***************************************************

CHUKWUEZE***********************************************************************************MUSA

*********************************************ONYEKURU*******************************************
Last edited by vancity eagle on Tue May 14, 2019 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

The YeyeMan wrote:
ANC wrote:Ighalo should just retire.
I expect he and Mikel will retire after this. Certainly Mikel.
maybe also Ug from international football .wonder if onaze had been fit will he be squad. no one seem to remember him
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

oyek wrote:
His team!

Is the target at least a Golden Bronze or should we go there to learn having not qualified for the two previous editions? :?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

vancity eagle wrote:No real surprises, overall I give the list an 8 out of 10. A very good squad, but with a little more insight from Rohr it could have been even better.

My thoughts

Goalkeepers: Akpeyi has no business as a SE, and Rohr should have included a fresh face, be it a homebased keeper or one of the rising youth keepers in Europe.

Defenders: Centre backs are spot on, as far as wingbacks, Rohr should have been more pro active. Only Aina and Collins inspire confidence. What happened to Odubajo ? Abdullahi is useless, but Rohr likes him for some unknown reason. I would look into playing Simon as a RB

Midfield: I welcome Mikel's return, but Rohr should have chosen at least one more proper midfielder. And John Ogu is a waste of a spot. Would have preferred Azuibikwe, Kinglsey Michael, Igboun, Mikel Agu. Any injuries to key midfielders and we are in trouble.

Attackers: Spot on for the most part. Surprised at Iheanacho's inclusion but I guess Rohr wants to monitor him up close, which isn't a bad thing I guess.

Will Onyekuru be counted as a striker or wide forward ? Perhaps his ability to play both will seal his spot on team

Iheanacho, Awaziem

Nacho is rusty and we are covered with enough CB's. Ajayi and even Ogu can play there.

With the abundance of forwards I would seriously look into playing Simon as a RB and then moving Aina to LB

Akpeyi
Uzoho
Ezenwa

Aina
Collins
Abdullahi
Omeruo
Troost
Balogun
Ajayi

Mikel
Etebo
Ndidi
Iwobi
Ogu

Ighalo
Oshimen
Onyekuru
Musa
Chukwueze
Kalu
Onuachu
Simon

My Starting 11

********************************************UZOHO**************************************************

SIMON*************************TROOST******************OMERUO**********************************AINA

**********************************MIKEL************NDIDI********************************************

*******************************************IWOBI***************************************************

CHUKWUEZE***********************************************************************************MUSA

*********************************************ONYEKURU*******************************************

The same Onyekuru that has not scored any meaningful goal for Nigeria will now suddenly start scoring? He will not start in crucial games until he pulls a couple of Aghahowa :thumbs: :thumbs: type last minute game saving goals coming from the bench.
Last edited by 1naija on Wed May 15, 2019 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

Great list.

Stability. No one out there, in a top league or tier 2 league is doing anything great out there.

Gk: Still poor as usual. is Nwokolor an option? Well, he started only 11 matches from over 30 matches.

Defense: Same usual suspect. Shehu is a good option to idowu. He is more physical than fine boy idowu. Suited for African football.

Midfield: This is a list of Defensive and central midfielders. Ogu is very well needed here. Experience and physicality especially against African opponents.

As for attacking midfield, Iwobi and Kele (Rohrs AM options) are listed under Attackers. Mikel could also play that role if Iwobi is out.

Attack: Everyone deserves the spot. Ighalo seems to be huge against African oppositions.

I expect 1 CD would be dropped, 1 of Onuachu or Osimhen and simon moses or kelechi.

All in all, I expect Ighalo and Ogu to give way after the ANC.
Last edited by chief nfachairman on Tue May 14, 2019 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Nigeria best 11

Uzoho
Shehu, Ekong, Omeruo, Collins
Mikel, Iwobi, Ndidi
Chukwuze, Ighalo, Musa
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Rohr wont take 5 CD to the nations cup. Either Awaziem or Ajayi will be dropped. Can switch to a 3 man backline and deploy Ogu and center back. One forward will be dropped.

kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Also is it just me or is that too few midfielders?
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

ohenhen1 wrote:Nigeria best 11

Uzoho
Mikel, Iwobi, Ndidi
Chukwuze, Ighalo, Musa

Sorry but shehu is nowhere near Nigeria's best 11.
BigMuze
Egg
Egg

Post by BigMuze »

vancity eagle wrote:No real surprises, overall I give the list an 8 out of 10. A very good squad, but with a little more insight from Rohr it could have been even better.

My thoughts

Iheanacho, Awaziem

Akpeyi
Uzoho
Ezenwa

Aina
Collins
Abdullahi
Omeruo
Troost
Balogun
Ajayi

Mikel
Etebo
Ndidi
Iwobi
Ogu

Ighalo
Oshimen
Onyekuru
Musa
Chukwueze
Kalu
Onuachu
Simon

My Starting 11

Simon at full back is a complete No bros, haba. Even as a wing back we probably have better options in Kalu and Aina. Just imagine a cross to our back post with him defending against a tall opponent :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: ..... Please amend abeg
"Everyone, and particularly every true beliver, should decide which is more important to them. But as for me, I choose eternity over lifetime".
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

vancity eagle wrote:

Uzoho
Mikel, Iwobi, Ndidi
Chukwuze, Ighalo, Musa

Sorry but shehu is nowhere near Nigeria's best 11.
The last time I saw Aina play for Nigeria. He was ball watching which led to Libya 2nd goal. I don't trust our full backs including Shehu. I hope Aina time in Italy has improved his game defensively.

9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

oyek wrote:

What happened to Rohr, finally this coach is making some decent selections. Kudos to rohr. The SE is winning the Afcon. You heard it here first.

First 11

Ozoho
Omerou
Balogun
Ekong
Collins
Ndidi
Mikel
Iwobi
Chukwueze
Onyekuru
Osimhen
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

9jaMan wrote:
oyek wrote:

What happened to Rohr, finally this coach is making some decent selections. Kudos to rohr. The SE is winning the Afcon. You heard it here first.

First 11

Ozoho
Omerou
Balogun
Ekong
Collins
Ndidi
Mikel
Iwobi
Chukwueze
Onyekuru
Osimhen

lol, how will they line up?
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Ihenacho and Shehu need to be dropped.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Shehu ahead of Aina?
Chukwueze ahead of Kalu?
Must be smokin' somethin'

Uzoho
Mikel, Iwobi, Ndidi