Diego Forlan and Kelechi Iheanacho

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Diego Forlan and Kelechi Iheanacho

Post by Bigpokey24 »

we all know how difficult it was for Forlan at united, but once he moved to La-liga, he became one of the deadliest strikers in world football(Uruguay didn't drop him) May God continue to bless Forlan, for scoring against that ghana in SA 20101.....
[/video]
Kele had 2 useless managers at Leicester ( that english man, I cannot remember his name and the french jalopy) Brenda Rogers is a quality manager and i believe he can change the football at the foxes...Hopefully this can pan out of Kele..However it is very important that Kele goes to AFCOn( well he will-be there) I believe it's a confidence issue, he should be given enough games during our camp and then left to me he should start a few games...We need this guy to be on form....Just maybe ROhr isn't the right man to mange our young players
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Diego Forlan and Kelechi Iheanacho

Post by ohenhen1 »

Musa also struggled at Leicester.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

ohenhen1 wrote:Musa also struggled at Leicester.
Musa wasnt really given a chance and frankly, Musa's problem is that he isnt good enough for that level.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

If Iheanacho has the opportunity (financial and clubwise) to head to Italy or Germany, he should grab it with both hands. He will be tearing the net in both leagues. Unfortunately, i do not believe any club in both countries will give him the same financial package as Leicester. But who knows?!

I wouldnt suggest Spain, honestly.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

danfo driver wrote:If Iheanacho has the opportunity (financial and clubwise) to head to Italy or Germany, he should grab it with both hands. He will be tearing the net in both leagues. Unfortunately, i do not believe any club in both countries will give him the same financial package as Leicester. But who knows?!

If he wants to play at a high level then it’s Spain or Germany but if it’s money he wants then he can go to China or join Captain Musa in the desert!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
danfo driver wrote:If Iheanacho has the opportunity (financial and clubwise) to head to Italy or Germany, he should grab it with both hands. He will be tearing the net in both leagues. Unfortunately, i do not believe any club in both countries will give him the same financial package as Leicester. But who knows?!

If he wants to play at a high level then it’s Spain or Germany but if it’s money he wants then he can go to China or join Captain Musa in the desert!
Italy is a very high level. Juventus has proven that in the last 3-4 years in CL. Milan and Inter are rejuvenated. Napoli humiliated themselves this year in Europe, but they are up there. Then you have Roma and Lazio. Even the likes of Atalanta (they have scored the most goals in Italy and I think top 5 in Europe) are fighting for CL.

Spain is difficult for him because the misconception that "you have space in Spain," is pretty much what it is-- a misconception. In Spain, even the tiny teams press! I just dont see his style of play as the type that will do very well in Spain.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Okay, let's play the Devil's Advocate here.
All sentments aside.... where does this unshakeable belief in Kelechi actually come from?
His U17 youth days?
His brief spell at 'City?
His SE outings?

I ask because I used to be one of his greatest fans (check out my numerous postings on the kid) but I am struggling to keep the faith.

I have always said he is a 'confidence' player, a 'young' player, even a 'misused player' but there are only so many excuses one can give.

I want him to do well but are we hoping on feelings rather than fact?
Just curious - and not a little frustrated.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Damunk wrote:

All sentments aside.... where does this unshakeable belief in Kelechi actually come from?
His U17 youth days?
His SE outings?

I ask because I used to be one of his greatest fans (check out my numerous postings on the kid) but I am struggling to keep the faith.

I have always said he is a 'confidence' player, a 'young' player, even a 'misused player' but there are only so many excuses one can give.

Two things, in my personal opinion:

1. He lacks professional ambition
2. He is of average football intelligence in that he doesn't learn quickly and appears not to retain what he's learnt.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Damunk wrote:

His U17 youth days?
His SE outings?

Nothing devilish about your advocacy. I'm in the same boat: huge fan of his, but gradually lost faith as he's never taken the opportunities when they've come.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

danfo driver wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:

Italy is a very high level. Juventus has proven that in the last 3-4 years in CL. Milan and Inter are rejuvenated. Napoli humiliated themselves this year in Europe, but they are up there. Then you have Roma and Lazio. Even the likes of Atalanta (they have scored the most goals in Italy and I think top 5 in Europe) are fighting for CL.

Spain is difficult for him because the misconception that "you have space in Spain," is pretty much what it is-- a misconception. In Spain, even the tiny teams press! I just dont see his style of play as the type that will do very well in Spain.
The only way you’re getting payed more than a Premiership club in Italy is if you are one of the top earners at Juventus, I doubt it Juventus want Kelechi!
But if it’s about football I agree Italian football is of a high standard but he might have to take a pay cut!
Last edited by Eaglezbeak on Wed May 15, 2019 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Damunk wrote:

His U17 youth days?
His SE outings?

Interestingly, I never really rated Iheanacho. Same way that I didnt rate Juan mata. They both play football in a way i do not like. And frankly, they are both one-dimentional.

However, when Pellegrini moved him to CF and I realized how deadly he was in the box, I accepted that he could be molded into a fantastic CF. West Ham are 100% begging for a striker, if he can get to play under Pellegrini, a coach who likes his team to play the ball into the box and spoon feed the striker, then he can, perhaps, have a coach who tried to make use of his best attribute.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:

They only way you’re getting payed more than a Premiership club in Italy is if you are one of the top earners at Juventus, I doubt it Juventus want Kelechi!
But if it’s about football I agree Italian football is of a high standard but he might have to take a pay cut!
maybe, maybe not. A good lawyer/agenty should be able to negotiate it in a way where he gets paid his money that Leicester still owe him. Almost like a pay off in order to get rid of him. For instance when Alexis Sanchez leaves United, do you think he will take a "pay cut?" Nope! United will pay him off to get rid of him.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

txj wrote:
Damunk wrote:

His U17 youth days?
His SE outings?

Two things, in my personal opinion:

1. He lacks professional ambition
2. He is of average football intelligence in that he doesn't learn quickly and appears not to retain what he's learnt.
You are clearly guessing. This is not analysis.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Nacho is done and dusted.
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Danfo, there’s no way I will accept that musa isn’t good enough for epl level. Let’s be clear, If you can perform extremely WORLD CLASS at the World Cup, you’re good enough for any level and these includes CL, EPL, La Liga etc. we shouldn’t forget that Leicester City has been a graveyard for strikers that’s not “vardy” trust me, many strikers has failed at Leicester. We cannot continue to Disrespect, denigrate and trivialize musa achievements because his an HAUSA player and frankly it’s very distasteful.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

john12 wrote:Danfo, there’s no way I will accept that musa isn’t good enough for epl level. Let’s be clear, If you can perform extremely WORLD CLASS at the World Cup, you’re good enough for any level and these includes CL, EPL, La Liga etc. we shouldn’t forget that Leicester City has been a graveyard for strikers that’s not “vardy” trust me, many strikers has failed at Leicester. We cannot continue to Disrespect, denigrate and trivialize musa achievements because his an HAUSA player and frankly it’s very distasteful.
You have to go with facts not feelings...he wasn’t competing with Vardy, Gray was supposed to be Musas understudy but was instead out playing him.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Excuses galore.....Yeap Ndidi, Yakubu, Kanu and Mikel also had useless coach Abi?
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Both kelechi and musa are good enough for EPL. Kelechi has shown that his capable of scoring consistently and extraordinary goals at city and for Nigeria. He is just lacking in Confidence that’s why he has failed at Leicester like musa, slimani, okazaki, and kramaric (all top class players) I don’t know maybe it’s him or the system but he cannot become a poor player all of a sudden. We shouldn’t allow epl to define players judgement and if they have shown previous trajectory, antecedent of extraordinary goals or world class performances at SE, he should be called up except there are better replacements. However, the minimum I’m expecting from kelechi is “WORK ETHIC” he must put in 100% and stop clowning.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Damunk wrote:

His U17 youth days?
His SE outings?

So if you used to be one of his "GREATEST FAN" (severe exaggeration), what was the basis of that if you are now asking if the unshakable belief some have in him is based on his U17 youth days, or his spell at Man City or his performance in the SE?

What was the basis of you becoming his biggest fan? His Pre U17 days?
Last edited by 1naija on Wed May 15, 2019 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

john12 wrote:Danfo, there’s no way I will accept that musa isn’t good enough for epl level. Let’s be clear, If you can perform extremely WORLD CLASS at the World Cup, you’re good enough for any level and these includes CL, EPL, La Liga etc.
This is actually false. There is a huge difference between waking up for a tournament and having to wake up week in week out for one year.

By the way, the World Cup level isn't as high as many leagues or CL. too many usess teams qualify from useless confederations. But this is a topic for another day and time, so lets not go into it.
we shouldn’t forget that Leicester City has been a graveyard for strikers that’s not “vardy” trust me, many strikers has failed at Leicester.
Musa was brought in to Leicester as a winger, I believe. Thats where he played. And he failed woefully. I believe he was sold 6 months after right? I cant remember now. He was so terrible that only a club in the Saudi Arabia league came in for a 24 year old.

In a normal world, a player as brainless and horrid as Musa would not be able to play for Nigeria. Simply not good enough.

We cannot continue to Disrespect, denigrate and trivialize musa achievements because his an HAUSA player and frankly it’s very distasteful.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

john12 wrote:Both kelechi and musa are good enough for EPL. Kelechi has shown that his capable of scoring consistently and extraordinary goals at city and for Nigeria. He is just lacking in Confidence that’s why he has failed at Leicester like musa, slimani, okazaki, and kramaric (all top class players) I don’t know maybe it’s him or the system but he cannot become a poor player all of a sudden. We shouldn’t allow epl to define players judgement and if they have shown previous trajectory, antecedent of extraordinary goals or world class performances at SE, he should be called up except there are better replacements. However, the minimum I’m expecting from kelechi is “WORK ETHIC” he must put in 100% and stop clowning.
There is being good enough and there is being incompatible.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

danfo driver wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:

They only way you’re getting payed more than a Premiership club in Italy is if you are one of the top earners at Juventus, I doubt it Juventus want Kelechi!
maybe, maybe not. A good lawyer/agenty should be able to negotiate it in a way where he gets paid his money that Leicester still owe him. Almost like a pay off in order to get rid of him. For instance when Alexis Sanchez leaves United, do you think he will take a "pay cut?" Nope! United will pay him off to get rid of him.
Maybe so but Who’s looking into buying Kelechi?How long has he got left on his contract?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

john12 wrote:Both kelechi and musa are good enough for EPL. Kelechi has shown that his capable of scoring consistently and extraordinary goals at city and for Nigeria. He is just lacking in Confidence that’s why he has failed at Leicester like musa, slimani, okazaki, and kramaric (all top class players) I don’t know maybe it’s him or the system but he cannot become a poor player all of a sudden. We shouldn’t allow epl to define players judgement and if they have shown previous trajectory, antecedent of extraordinary goals or world class performances at SE, he should be called up except there are better replacements. However, the minimum I’m expecting from kelechi is “WORK ETHIC” he must put in 100% and stop clowning.
Its 2yrs since he left City and he's been lacking in confidence for 2 years...

At some point you'll have to transition to a different excuse!

And why would you mention Okazaki here? Dude is an EPL winner with Leicester!

Football is not based on your biographic history, but on what you do today...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp