U20 WC: NIGERIA's 21-MAN SQUAD NAMED

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Paveman
Egg
Egg
Re: U20 WC: NIGERIA's 21-MAN SQUAD NAMED

Post by Paveman »

Lol. Stranger things have happened behind closed doors :p
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

ohenhen1 wrote:It is not unusual. Look at the plight of Kelechi Nwakii. Signed with Arsenal, loaned out to 2nd or 3rd division teams because he couldn't get work permit in England. Nigerians are not given the same opportunities as Europeans for jobs in Europe. You will have to show exceptional talent at an early age to get into the major clubs.

Is a guy like Guandozi better than Nwakili?

Also most of our top players are not part of the team. Uzoho, Chukwuze and etc. The purpose of the U20 or any age grade team is to develop players for the Senior national team. Once they are ready, they should never play for the age grade team again.

I don't get why the US is inviting Senior team players like Tim Weah, Richards, Mckennie for an U20 tournament. That makes no sense.
Ohehen, of all the guys you mentioned only Chukwueze is eligible for this U20 WC. Eligibility is only for those born on or after 1 January 1999. Both Uzoho and Nwakali were born in 1998 so please take note.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Adisboy wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:It is not unusual. Look at the plight of Kelechi Nwakii. Signed with Arsenal, loaned out to 2nd or 3rd division teams because he couldn't get work permit in England. Nigerians are not given the same opportunities as Europeans for jobs in Europe. You will have to show exceptional talent at an early age to get into the major clubs.

Is a guy like Guandozi better than Nwakili?

Also most of our top players are not part of the team. Uzoho, Chukwuze and etc. The purpose of the U20 or any age grade team is to develop players for the Senior national team. Once they are ready, they should never play for the age grade team again.

I don't get why the US is inviting Senior team players like Tim Weah, Richards, Mckennie for an U20 tournament. That makes no sense.
Ohehen, of all the guys you mentioned only Chukwueze is eligible for this U20 WC. Eligibility is only for those born on or after 1 January 1999. Both Uzoho and Nwakali were born in 1998 so please take note.
Just saying that there are restrictions that affect non EU countries like Nigeria. Even Mikel was playing at Lyn OSlo Norway before the WYC in 2005.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Nigeria U20 played out a 1-1 draw with Austrian club, Red Bull Salzburg in the Austrian city of Salzburg on Tuesday evening.

The West African side, who are on a tour of Austia went behind in the highly entertaining game.
But the Flying Eagles leveled through Czech Republic based striker Tijani Mohammed.

Tricky winger Success Makanjuola was voted man-of-the-match. He peppered the opposition with his deft touches and tricks.
The squad’s final pre-World Cup friendly will be against Red Bull Leipzig in Germany on Friday, with the delegation to fly out of Germany to Tychy on Sunday.
The Flying Eagles, seven –time champions of the African continent, have finished as runners-up at the FIFA World Cup on two occasions – 1989 and 1995 – and took the bronze medals in the former Soviet Union 34 years ago.
Nigeria’s last appearance at the FIFA U20 World Cup was in New Zealand four years ago, where Coach Manu Garba’s wards were eliminated in the Round of 16 by Germany in Christchurch.
The Flying Eagles play Qatar, the United States of America and Ukraine in that order at the championship in Poland, with their first game against Qatar in Tychy on 24th May.
https://futbalgalore.com/2019/05/14/fly ... -friendly/
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Aigbogun: Flying Eagles’ Going For ‘Booster Win’ In First W/Cup Group D Match Vs Qatar

Flying Eagles head Coach Paul Aigbogun is targeting three points from their 2019 FIFA U-20 World Cup opener against Qatar in Tychy Poland on Friday, May 24 , reports Completesports.com.

Aigbogun admits that the win will be a great boost of confidence in approaching the remaining games of the group phase.

The Flying Eagles are in Group D of the tournament along with Qatar, the United States and Ukraine.

“Our target is to get those three points in our first game and set off on a run. It would be a big booster. Our game plan is to get off on a good footing at the World Cup and then carry on from there,” Aigbogun was quoted in a media statement from the Communications Department of the Nigeria Football Federation.

“The Nigeria Football Federation has done very well to camp the team in an exquisite facility ahead of the FIFA World Cup. We can only repay their support and effort, and the confidence of the people of Nigeria, with a good outing in Poland.”

Meanwhile, the seven-time African champions, the Flying Eagles of Nigeria continued their preparation for the global tournament with a 1-1 draw against Austrian Bundesliga II side Red Bull Salzburg.

Substitute Tijani Muhammad salvaged a draw for Aigbogun’s lads in the friendly match.

Aigbogun, however, said after the game that he was impressed with his lads even though there is still work to be done before the U-20 World Cup starts.

“It took us time to get settled in the game, and when we did, I think we took control of the game. This Salzburg team is a very tough one. They play in the Bundesliga II and it showed in their game but I’m glad my boys rallied back to get a draw.

“We could have won it if not for their goalkeeper. We had two good chances in the second half and I thought we should have won it at the end. The team is progressing even though there is work to be done.” Aigbogun concluded.

The Flying Eagles will play their final preparatory match against Red Bull Leipzig in Germany on Friday.

Nigeria will fly out of Germany to Poland on 19th May for this 2019 FIFA U20 World Cup finals.

https://www.completesports.com/aigbogun ... -vs-qatar/

oyek
Egg
Egg

Post by oyek »

Is Tom Dele-Bashiru in camp? I don't see him in the pictures.
If not for Jesus, where will i be?
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Own goal article is comparing Emeka Chinoso to Kanu lol. Anyways we go see on Thursday. The game is at 12 ET on FS2.

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

ohenhen1 wrote:Own goal article is comparing Emeka Chinoso to Kanu lol. Anyways we go see on Thursday. The game is at 12 ET on FS2.
Its Friday.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Enugu II wrote:Ugbowo,

Your opinion on the list is valuable since you are one of the few here close to some of these youths. Could you elaborate on why you label it as an interesting list?
Ugbowo wrote:Very interesting list

I dont even know where to start. Good luck to the lads.
Bros,

On this one, it's tough for me to speak on. Too many things happened behind closed doors.

When they decided that NPFL players were not going to be the fulcrum of the team, it became an essential free for all with deeper pockets speaking.

There was really no scouting done, more of a "bring am come make we see".

At the end of the day, I am Nigerian so i wish them well. But we have too many ppl with too much access or fake access.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Ugbowo wrote:

Your opinion on the list is valuable since you are one of the few here close to some of these youths. Could you elaborate on why you label it as an interesting list?

Bros,

On this one, it's tough for me to speak on. Too many things happened behind closed doors.

When they decided that NPFL players were not going to be the fulcrum of the team, it became an essential free for all with deeper pockets speaking.

At the end of the day, I am Nigerian so i wish them well. But we have too many ppl with too much access or fake access.
Fantastically corrupt people. :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry:
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Ugbowo wrote:

Bros,

Ugbowo,

Thanks for the info. It is valuable considering that you are connected with these youth programs.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Enugu II wrote:
Ugbowo wrote:

Bros,

Ugbowo,

Thanks for the info. It is valuable considering that you are connected with these youth programs.

Surprised that you asked the question in the first place.

Surprised even further that you did not ask him for evidence!

The list by itself was self explanatory for anyone with an idea how things work in Nigerian football circles...

I expect we will not go far...and worse still, will have very little from this team transitioning forward...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Flying Eagles winger, Henry Offia has expressed confidence in the ability of the team to do well at the FIFA U-20 World Cup in Poland which kicks off later this week, AOIFootball.com reports.

The IK Sirus of Sweden star, who spoke exclusively to AOIFootball.com from their camp in Germany, noted that the unity in the camp remains one of their greatest strengths ahead of Friday’s opener against Qatar.

“It’s my first time in the national team and it has really been a good experience for me; the love was there right from the first day and it felt really good to me.

“We have been working hard as a team since I arrived here and have improved with the friendly games played so far so I believe with the unity and our preparations we can take the world by storm and make the country proud,” Offia concluded.

The 19-year-old has been one of the shining lights for the Paul Aigbogun-led boys having scored two goals in four preparatory games for Poland- bound Flying Eagles.

The team will, however, have arrived in Poland since Sunday as they prepare for their opening group game against Qatar on Friday.
http://aoifootball.com/2019/05/20/u-20- ... ar-opener/

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

[/video]

Looks like this is how Nigeria will lineup

Oremade
Aliu, Igoh, Ozornwafor, Utin
Michael, Ofoborh, Bashiru
Makanjoula, Offia, Maxwell

https://www.fifa.com/u20worldcup/teams/team/1888282/

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

[/video]
[/video]

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

U23 talent

[/video]
Senior team.
[/video]

TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

txj wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Ugbowo wrote:

Bros,

Ugbowo,

Surprised that you asked the question in the first place.

Surprised even further that you did not ask him for evidence!

The list by itself was self explanatory for anyone with an idea how things work in Nigerian football circles...

I expect we will not go far...and worse still, will have very little from this team transitioning forward...
This team doesn’t look inspiring in the least on paper but we have to keep things in perspective. The team that played in the African championship wasn’t going to cut it in any way, shape or form so changes had to be made. Let’s resist the temptation to be dismissive of this team. The best we can do is adopt a wait and see attitude and hope for the best :!:

Cheers.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

What are the 2019 FIFA U-20 World Cup broadcasting channels?
For a complete and updated listing of U20 World Cup fixtures, TV and Streaming channels and TV rights, please visit the FIFA U-20 World Cup competition page.

USA
FOX and FOX Sports 1 (FS1) TV channels will combine to broadcast all matches on TV in English.
FOX Sports Go will offer the matches on their website and app to users via authentication..
Telemundo and Universo will broadcast all matches in Spanish language. Telemundo Deportes En Vivo will stream the U20 World Cup options in Spanish.

UK
Fans can tune in to FreeSports, the broadcast right holders in the UK for the FIFA U-20 World Cup.

DISCOVERY NETWORKS LIMITED » Season 2019
Available on:
EuroSport 1 UK
EuroSport 2 UK
EuroSport Player UK

Premier Media » Season 2019
Available on:
FreeSports TV UK
Premier Sports 1
Premier Sports 2

Canada
TSN will broadcast all the games in English. Furthermore, TSN GO will be your go-to option for streaming in Canada. CTV will broadcast only Canada's matches in English, which will also be available on CTV GO.
RDS will broadcast all matches in French. Those games will also be available on RDS GO (French Streaming).

Australia
SBS Australia will broadcast all matches of the competition in Australia as it has broadcasting rights on TV, Internet, Mobile and Radio.

France
Canal+ France and Canal+ Sport are licensed to broadcast the 2019 FIFA U-20 World Cup in France.

Portugal
RTP will broadcast U20 WC matches in Portugal as it has broadcasting rights on TV, Internet Mobile and Radio.

Italy
Fans can follow this tournament on Sky Italia, the broadcast right holders in Italy for the FIFA U-20 World Cup.

Nigeria
Supersport is your sports network to watch the 2019 FIFA U-20 World Cup on TV in Nigeria.

Mexico
Televisa will broadcast matches in Mexico as it has broadcasting rights on TV, Internet and Mobile.

Poland
TVP will broadcast matches in Poland as it has broadcasting rights on TV, Internet and Mobile.

https://www.livesoccertv.com/news/29702 ... -schedule/
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Jonthan Zacalla the 16 year old GK Should be redeployed to the U17 team.

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

They do look mature for their age.

:P :P

Mister Dolly
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mister Dolly »

Bros...please put down whatever you were smoking when you typed this... :rotf: :rotf:
ohenhen1 wrote:Process or no process. The USA will still get spanked by Nigeria. If Tim Weah is not enough, call up pullisic. My money is on Nigeria. The team is organized at the back. We have good midfielders. The problem is the attack.
"Because of Jesus, it's a glorious life...."