Victor Moses: The atmosphere in Turkey is amazing

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

charlie
Egg
Egg
Victor Moses: The atmosphere in Turkey is amazing

Post by charlie »

Moving abroad was not always part of the plan for Victor Moses but after being left out in the cold by Maurizio Sarri at Chelsea, the forward is enjoying the heat of the action at Fenerbahce. By his own admission he could have taken easier options when deciding where to move in January but the challenge of bringing one of Turkey’s bigger clubs out of a relegation battle was appealing.
Sarri’s summer arrival at Chelsea brought a change in system, with Moses being a victim of the adjustments. The Nigerian enjoyed a Stamford Bridge renaissance under Antonio Conte after a stuttering spell in west London in which he went out on loan three times before becoming a key component of the title-winning squad of 2016-17. However, he managed only five appearances under Sarri, forcing him to look elsewhere.

“It’s tough, as Chelsea’s a very special place for me and I’ve always had a great relationship with the fans but it became very obvious that I was not in the manager’s plans,” Moses says when we meet in Istanbul. “I have achieved great things there but I just needed to play football and that’s why I got the move to Fenerbahce.”
Full article: https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... -interview
If my Chelsea future hinges on winning final, sack me now, says Maurizio Sarri
https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... final-sack

Chelsea might as well oblige...
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Victor Moses: The atmosphere in Turkey is amazing

Post by cchinukw »

Good for him. Let his football do the talking.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

I wonder: if he came out of international retirement, would he be able to get into the SE team?...
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

wiseone wrote:I wonder: if he came out of international retirement, would he be able to get into the SE team?...

on merit alone? He would not make the first 11
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

He would walk into our 11 easily. Infact, his performance vs Cameroun and Algeria is one of the best individual performance an Se player has done vs African team
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

john12 wrote:He would walk into our 11 easily. Infact, his performance vs Cameroun and Algeria is one of the best individual performance an Se player has done vs African team
Nah.
Moses has no guaranteed place as things stand - which says a lot about the gradual rise in quality levels in the SE.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Damunk wrote:
john12 wrote:He would walk into our 11 easily. Infact, his performance vs Cameroun and Algeria is one of the best individual performance an Se player has done vs African team
Nah.
Moses has no guaranteed place as things stand - which says a lot about the gradual rise in quality levels in the SE.

Perhaps this should set an example for the likes of Ighalo to retire (before AFCON). If Vic Mo had still been in the pic, the likes of Samuel and Henry would not have been given the opportunity to rise.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

I really expected Moses to set the Turkish league on fire similar to what Onyekuru has done this season. However, the times I have seen him play for Fenerbahce, he has been good and consistent but not great. What really infuriates me about Moses is he falls to the ground if you merely breathe in his direction. Moses clearly has the talent, but sometimes watching Moses it almost seems like he almost picks when he wants to give his best.

I really do hope he ends up moving to Inter Milan if they hire Conte. As a wing back under Conte he played some world class football. I would call Moses an outstanding wingback but a good winger who flirts with being very good occasionally.

I would say that he plays with more confidence as a winger for Nigeria than he did as a winger for Chelsea. Probably because he has more freedom with the SE.

We do have a lot of quality on the wings now: Chuwkueze, Kalu, Onyekuru, Musa, and Simon.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

olu wrote:I really expected Moses to set the Turkish league on fire similar to what Onyekuru has done this season. However, the times I have seen him play for Fenerbahce, he has been good and consistent but not great. What really infuriates me about Moses is he falls to the ground if you merely breathe in his direction. Moses clearly has the talent, but sometimes watching Moses it almost seems like he almost picks when he wants to give his best.

I really do hope he ends up moving to Inter Milan if they hire Conte. As a wing back under Conte he played some world class football. I would call Moses an outstanding wingback but a good winger who flirts with being very good occasionally.

I would say that he plays with more confidence as a winger for Nigeria than he did as a winger for Chelsea. Probably because he has more freedom with the SE.

We do have a lot of quality on the wings now: Chuwkueze, Kalu, Onyekuru, Musa, and Simon.

Simon is a waste pipe. Musa is a waste pipe as a winger.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

This reminds me of when my Ethiopian babe dumbed me.
I started to date a Brazilian.
when my friend called to ask about our relationship, I said "Brazilain women are something else"
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Isn't it just a loan to Fener? I was assuming he'd be going back to Chelsea for preseason etc...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

maceo4 wrote:Isn't it just a loan to Fener? I was assuming he'd be going back to Chelsea for preseason etc...

correct sir
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Antonio Conte tells Inter Milan board to sign Chelsea ace Victor Moses

https://metro.co.uk/2019/05/23/antonio- ... s-9656191/

Antonio Conte has made the signing of Chelsea wing-back Victor Moses one of his first priorities as new Inter Milan boss. The Italian is expected to take charge at the San Siro this week in his first job back in management since leaving Chelsea in 2018. Moses, 28, played just 23 times for the club before Conte’s appointment at Stamford Bridge and he was expected to be sold in the Italian’s first summer in charge. However, the Nigerian was an unexpected beneficiary of Conte’s decision to move to a back three just weeks into his tenure at Chelsea and Moses thrived as a right wing-back

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2019/05/23/antonio- ... to=cbshare
Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MetroUK/
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

olu wrote:I really expected Moses to set the Turkish league on fire similar to what Onyekuru has done this season. However, the times I have seen him play for Fenerbahce, he has been good and consistent but not great. What really infuriates me about Moses is he falls to the ground if you merely breathe in his direction. Moses clearly has the talent, but sometimes watching Moses it almost seems like he almost picks when he wants to give his best.

None of the players listed have the total quality of Moses- dribbling, crossing, penalties, and the occasional goal. I rate Kalu as closest to Moses, Chukwueze is a liability defensively, while Onyekuru and Musa are more forwards or strikers than wingers. Simon has a closer work rate, but that's about it. Victor Moses would start ahead of any of them on the wings.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Obong wrote:

None of the players listed have the total quality of Moses- dribbling, crossing, penalties, and the occasional goal. I rate Kalu as closest to Moses, Chukwueze is a liability defensively, while Onyekuru and Musa are more forwards or strikers than wingers. Simon has a closer work rate, but that's about it. Victor Moses would start ahead of any of them on the wings.
The statement in bold above is completely untrue.
I dont think you watched a single Villareal game last season.
Chukwueze is a hard worker on both ends of the field. He puts in effort offensively and defensively.

Calling him a liability is simply untrue.
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

ANC wrote:Antonio Conte tells Inter Milan board to sign Chelsea ace Victor Moses

https://metro.co.uk/2019/05/23/antonio- ... s-9656191/

Antonio Conte has made the signing of Chelsea wing-back Victor Moses one of his first priorities as new Inter Milan boss. The Italian is expected to take charge at the San Siro this week in his first job back in management since leaving Chelsea in 2018. Moses, 28, played just 23 times for the club before Conte’s appointment at Stamford Bridge and he was expected to be sold in the Italian’s first summer in charge. However, the Nigerian was an unexpected beneficiary of Conte’s decision to move to a back three just weeks into his tenure at Chelsea and Moses thrived as a right wing-back

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2019/05/23/antonio- ... to=cbshare
Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MetroUK/
Interesting, thanks for sharing.

While Inter Milan is a step up from Fernabache, I hope he stays in Turkey, especially if Conte is looking for just another wing back.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

ANC wrote:
maceo4 wrote:Isn't it just a loan to Fener? I was assuming he'd be going back to Chelsea for preseason etc...

correct sir
I thought as much, but the tone of his comments and the fact he's moved his wife and kids there and put them in school there is like its a permanent move...even Mikel no try that one with his China move.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

I also disagree with the statement that Chuwkueze is a defensive liability. He puts in his fair share defensively. I would say that that Kalu and Simon are better defensively.
charlie wrote:
Obong wrote:

The statement in bold above is completely untrue.
I dont think you watched a single Villareal game last season.
Chukwueze is a hard worker on both ends of the field. He puts in effort offensively and defensively.

Calling him a liability is simply untrue.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

This is hilarious comparing unproven talents to a bona fide African champion who put in an MVP performance en route to the 2013 ANC title. Abeg slow your roll on overhyping of these new boys until they prove their worth. The pressure of performing in a tournament is a lot higher than nickel and dime qualifying games.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

You do realize I didn't say any of the players I listed are better than Moses. All I said is we have quality on the wings.
green4life wrote:

This is hilarious comparing unproven talents to a bona fide African champion who put in an MVP performance en route to the 2013 ANC title. Abeg slow your roll on overhyping of these new boys until they prove their worth. The pressure of performing in a tournament is a lot higher than nickel and dime qualifying games.
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

olu wrote:You do realize I didn't say any of the players I listed are better than Moses. All I said is we have quality on the wings.
green4life wrote:

yah! We understand you. You were probably a toddler the last time Nigeria won this tournament. We understand.
*Quality in the Wings* :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

:rotf: :rotf:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

ANC wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Nah.

Perhaps this should set an example for the likes of Ighalo to retire (before AFCON). If Vic Mo had still been in the pic, the likes of Samuel and Henry would not have been given the opportunity to rise.
True as it’s easier to stick with what you’ve got,Samuel and Henry definitely deserve to play for Nigeria but shouldn’t have to wait for Moses to become too rusty before their chance,Ighalo doesn’t want to step down because he wants to remain relevant, he most likely wants to redeem himself from the last Word Cup as well as proving he didn’t go to China because he’s finished!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI